Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Call No Man Father

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
CCC 1129.....
“The Church affirms that for believers the sacraments of the New Covenant are necessary for salvation.

Is that what you wanted? Do those Catholic doctrines conform to Ephesians 2:8-9.

Will you please post for all of us the Bible Scriptures which say that our salvation is focused and contained in the Eucharist, baptism, confirmation, Penance, being married and Holy Orders.

Pray tell me, Why would the whole “life of the Church” (CCC 1113) revolve around rituals and ceremonies to receive grace?
Does the New Testament say that’s the primary task of the Church?

Jesus Christ instituted the sacraments for the salvation of all men!

Sacramental life of the Christian church: I come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. Jn 10:10 Jn 1:16-17

Baptism: (initiation into the covenant)
Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 acts 2:38-39 8:36
1 Corinthians 12:13 2 pet 1:11
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

The Eucharist: (holy communion)
Mt 26:26-39 Jn 6:51-58 1 Cor 11:23-25

Confession of sins:
Jn 20:23 / 1 Jn 1:9 / 2 cor 5:18

Confirmation
Lk 22:32 acts 8:14-17
acts 14:22

Marriage:
Matt 19:4-6

Holy orders: (priesthood)
Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru His priesthood in Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 10:1-8 Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21-22 acts 1:17 acts 6:4 acts 8:26
2 Cor 5:18 1 Tim 4:14 Eph 2:20

Extreme unction: (anointing with oil)
1 Tim 4:14 James 5:14

The ark of salvation: one, holy, catholic, (universal) and apostolic church founded by Jesus Christ on Peter and the apostles!

CCC 1129.....
“The Church affirms that for believers the sacraments of the New Covenant are necessary for salvation.

Is that what you wanted? Do those Catholic doctrines conform to Ephesians 2:8-9.

Will you please post for all of us the Bible Scriptures which say that our salvation is focused and contained in the Eucharist, baptism, confirmation, Penance, being married and Holy Orders.

Pray tell me, Why would the whole “life of the Church” (CCC 1113) revolve around rituals and ceremonies to receive grace?
The entire new covenant of salvation is in His blood!

This is the blood (not symbolic) of the New Testament!

First in his blood later written for our instruction

The entire new covenant of salvation is in His blood!

This is the blood (not symbolic) of the New Testament!

First in his blood later written for our instruction
That is a correct statement.

The phrase “blood of Christ” is used several times in the New Testament and is the expression of the sacrificial death and full atoning work of Jesus on our behalf. References to the Savior’s blood include the reality that He literally bled on the cross, but more significantly that He bled and died for sinners. The blood of Christ has the power to atone for an infinite number of sins committed by an infinite number of people throughout the ages, and all whose faith rests in that blood will be saved.

Jesus Christ instituted the sacraments for the salvation of all men!

Sacramental life of the Christian church: I come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. Jn 10:10 Jn 1:16-17

Baptism: (initiation into the covenant)
Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 acts 2:38-39 8:36
1 Corinthians 12:13 2 pet 1:11
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

The Eucharist: (holy communion)
Mt 26:26-39 Jn 6:51-58 1 Cor 11:23-25

Confession of sins:
Jn 20:23 / 1 Jn 1:9 / 2 cor 5:18

Confirmation
Lk 22:32 acts 8:14-17
acts 14:22

Marriage:
Matt 19:4-6

Holy orders: (priesthood)
Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru His priesthood in Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 10:1-8 Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21-22 acts 1:17 acts 6:4 acts 8:26
2 Cor 5:18 1 Tim 4:14 Eph 2:20

Extreme unction: (anointing with oil)
1 Tim 4:14 James 5:14

The ark of salvation: one, holy, catholic, (universal) and apostolic church founded by Jesus Christ on Peter and the apostles!
Those are solely Catholic teachings and are not found in the Bible.

I have no conflict with my friend here. My only focus is for those who read our discussion be aware of what is Catholic teaching and what Is Biblical teaching.

Having said that, when taken in the context of Scripture as a whole, there is no foundation for the belief that God ever intended these passages to be taken as support for rituals as a means of conveying grace. In other words, the whole idea of "sacraments" that convey saving grace upon people is unbiblical.

Two of the main sacraments specifically are said by the Roman Catholic Church to be necessary in order to gain eternal life:
1.baptism and
2.communion.

Because of the Roman Catholic Church belief that baptism is required for salvation, Catholics maintain that it is important to baptize infants. Please understand that there is nowhere in Scripture can you find even a single example or command to do so.

Some Roman Catholics use Acts 16:33 as a possible example, because it states that the Philippian jailor "and his family" were baptized. But, taking this verse in context, we note two things:...........
(1) When the jailor asked Paul what he must do to be saved, Paul did NOT say, "Believe on Jesus and be baptized and take communion." Rather, Paul said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household" (v. 31). Thus, we see that it is faith that is the ingredient necessary for salvation. It was understood that one who believed would be baptized, but baptism was not necessary for salvation. If it were, Paul would have given it more weight in his missionary journeys (1 Corinthians 1:14-18).

(2) We see that the "family" could not have included infants or toddlers, as it states in verse 34 that the jailor had "believed in God with all his household." Infants and toddlers cannot exercise faith in God in such a fashion.

Again and again throughout Scripture, faith, not faith PLUS baptism, is seen as the means through which one receives salvation (John 1:12; 3:14-16; Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 3:19-26; 4; 10:9-13; etc.).

Turning to communion, the Roman Catholic Church makes it clear that they take John 6:54 literally when Jesus says, "Unless you eat of the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you."

That is called "Transubstanciation"! The problem is that their belief that Jesus is speaking literally here is not in keeping with the context of the passage in which Jesus repeatedly states the importance of faith in Him and His coming atoning death for their sins (see John 6:29,35,40,47 and consider the whole message of the gospel of John, as stated in John 20:31).

When one examines the remaining sacraments, one finds that the belief that they convey "sanctifying grace" is not in keeping with the context of the rest of the Bible.

Yes, all Christians should be baptized, but baptism does not infuse us with grace.

Yes, all Christians should partake of the Lord’s Supper, but doing so does not confer sanctifying grace.

Yes, we should confess our sins, not to a priest, but rather to God (1 John 1:9).

Having a formal training program and formal acceptance into the church is a good thing to do, but it does not convey saving grace. Being approved as a church leader is an honorable thing, but it does not result in grace. Marriage is a wonderful and blessed event in the life of a couple, but it is not the means of how God graces us. Praying for and with a person who is dying is a godly thing to do – but it does not add grace to our account.

All the grace we will ever need is received the moment we trust Jesus, by faith, as Savior (Ephesians 2:8-9). The saving grace that is granted at the moment of genuine faith is the only saving grace God’s Word calls on us to receive. This grace is received by faith, not by observing rituals. So, while the seven sacraments are “good things to do,” when they are understood in a biblical context, the concept of the seven sacraments as “conferring sanctifying grace” is completely unbiblical.

CCC 1129.....

Matthew 7:7
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shallbe opened unto you:

More grace

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

If all we need is a tiny act of faith and a bit of grace why does scripture say “add to your faith” and “faith hope and charity”?

And constantly says grace unto you? Every letter practically begins and ends with more grace!

How do we obtain mercy and forgiveness of sin?

Thks
A wonderful question. Of all the uncountable lists of human needs, none is greater than the need for God’s forgiveness. Many people erroneously think that their main need is to get more money. But the richest man in the world is truly poor if he does not know God’s forgiveness, and the poorest is rich if he is forgiven.

Some have been taught all their life that they must be baptised or belong to a certain church or partake of Communion or confess to a man.

However, accorsing to the Bible, the Word of God, To receive God’s forgiveness we must repent of our sins and obediently believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as our Saviour. No more and no less.

Salvation is a free gift, received by faith alone. But the faith that receives salvation implies a total commitment of the sinner to the person of Jesus Christ. He relies completely on Christ alone to save him.

Baptism is an outward act that pictures what God has done inwardly. To think that performing an outward act of going under the water could accomplish the inward cleansing from sin that was needed would have gone against everything that Jesus and John had preached.

By the way, there is simply no command or example in Scripture of baptizing infants.

You are welcome and thanks for asking.

I agree, but still have hope for you.

No, we have no idea what the adulteress did afterwards.

What sin dwelt in her ?
You are calling temptation sin.
Why?

Can a fig seed bring forth grapes ?
Can God's seed bring forth liars ?
No, and No.

The context of all the word of God is... Love God with all your heart, soul, strength, and mind...and, love your neighbor as you love yourself.
Where is that message do you find accommodations for sin ?

Jesus told us how to judge the prophets...look at their fruit !
God's prophets are NOT accommodating sinful behavior.

That verse, along with verses 6 and 10, address those walking in darkness-sin.
Sinners can't honestly say they have no sin.
Those walking in God-light can say it.

Perfectly apt...for those walking in darkness-sin.

Thanks be to God, I have been enabled to walk in the light, which is God, in Whom is no darkness-sin.

Why do all the research but continue to deny its truth ?
"Not actively continuing to sin" !!!!
Are you saying there is sin in the light, which is God ?
Are you saying that not all of the sin of those who confess and are washed by the blood of Christ are actually free of sin ? (1 John 1:7)

If a person repents of sin, they are by definition a non-sinner.
More sin makes their repentance a lie to God.
Confess your sins and get washed by the blood of Christ of ALL past sin.
Get to know God !
It is written..."And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked." (1 John 2:3-6)
Again..........6th time. In the course of your post you asked about 7 questions.

IMHO you do not want an answer for any of them or you would have asked them ONE AT A TIME.
What we have instead is just a "RAMBLING" of your thoughts with no direction and as such I can not respond.

I will answer this question....."You are calling temptation sin."

Did I say that??? Where, what is the number of the post where I said that?????

In as nice a way as I can, I will say to you that any person who reads the Bible knows that the answer is NO!

Temptation, by its very nature, feels wrong. God’s moral law is written in the heart of every human being a written in Romans 1:20, and when a sinful temptation is introduced, our consciences immediately sense danger. However, the temptation itself is not the sin.

I dont know if you remember this or not, but Jesus was tempted as we read in Mark 1:13; & Luke 4:1-13, but He never sinned according to Hebrews 4:15. Sin occurs when we mishandle temptation placed in front of us by Satan.

Now since you asked me, you must not know so allow me to tell you that There are two avenues by which we are tempted: .....
1. Satan and
2. our own sinful flesh.

If you will take the time to read Acts 5, you will see it gives an example of someone tempted by Satan.
Ananias and his wife, Sapphira, wanting to appear more spiritual than they really were, lied to the apostles and pretended they were giving as an offering the full price of some property they had sold. Peter confronted them: “How is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land?”(verse 3).
In this instance, Peter knew that the temptation to lie had come from Satan. Ananias and his wife both gave in to that temptation (verses 7-10). The betrayal of Jesus by Judas Iscariot is also attributed to Satan’s influence (Luke 22:3; John 13:2

Our own flesh then gives in to Temptation . Then It becomes sin when we allow the temptation to become action, even in our minds. Lust, for example, is sin even though it may never be acted upon (Matthew 5:28). Covetousness, pride, greed, and envy are all sins of the heart; even though they may not be apparent to anyone else, they are still sin (Romans 1:29; Mark 7:21-22).

Just as YOU when you insist that you do not sin are actually committing the sin of PRIDE. When we give in to the temptation to entertain such thoughts, they take root in our hearts and defile us (Matthew 15:18–19). When we yield to temptation, we replace the fruit of the Spirit with the fruit of the flesh (Ephesians 5:9; Galatians 5:19-23). And, many times, what was first entertained as a thought becomes action (see James 1:15).

Matthew 7:7
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shallbe opened unto you:

More grace

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
I agree because that is what God said. How can it be debated?????

The CONTEXT of This statement speaks to God's willingness to answer those who sincerely seek Him.

"ask" means a single request, "seek" refers to something more persistent, and "knock" implies deep persistence.

That would imply something to the effect of "ask, ask again, and keep asking." The Greek verbs here are in a form that implies constant action: Jesus is saying we ought to "continue to ask…seek…knock."

The heart of Jesus' point is that God is listening, paying attention to His people, and ready to give them good gifts. What a remarkable truth! The God of all creation cares so deeply about His children that He hears them when they pray. Even better: He answers. This also speaks to those with doubts and questions about faith. Those who lack faith, but pursue truth, will find it in Christ (Mark 9:24; John 14:6).

Since God is listening and loving, Jesus tells His listeners to ask, to seek, and to knock. When you ask, it will be given. When you seek, you will find. When you knock, the proper door will be opened. Jesus commands His followers to bring their requests, to look for answers, and ask to be let into God's presence. Instead of putting limits and conditions on these promises, Jesus is even more expansive in the following verse.

Jesus will continue, however, to clarify that these promises are not a means of manipulating God. Prayer is never presented in Scripture as a means to merely get our way, as if He were merely magic or a system for success. Instead, these verses are an invitation to interact with a generous Father who loves to hear the prayers of His people.

Thanks for asking.

He was also a man, and tasted death, and temptation, for all of us.

As no sin can be imputed where there is no Law, Enoch can't be called a sinner.
He walked with God and didn't die.
Elijah also didn't die.
As the wages of sin is death, (Rom 6:23), it must be realized that they did no sin.
John had the gift of the Holy Spirit from the womb.
The Spirit of God will not reside in a polluted temple.

I sure does.
That which was born of Adam has been destroyed.
It is no more.
It is written..."Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2 Cor 5:17)
If one is "in Christ", all things, including the nature, are made new.

My sins were forgiven at my water baptism into Christ and into His death and burial. (Acts 2:38, Rom 6:3-7)
Thanks be to God, I have a divine nature now.
It is written..."Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust." (2 Peter 1:4)

The fact that I am obedient, is testimony of the efficacy of Christ's death and resurrection.
I don't think that calling the work of God a sin, is wise.
To respond to your really bad question, I will let the Scriptures speak for themselves:

"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one... For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.. Romans 3:10, 11, 12, 23.

By your own words, you do not seem to me to have actually read those Scriptut=res or you have removed them from your Bible.

Going by these passages which are an allusion from the Old Testament it is explicit that Enoch had committed some sin and was saved by the Righteousness of Christ.

Take a deep breath no need to get upset. Yes really I view the Catholic Church as a Christian church.

1 Corth 4:15
Even if you had ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel.
Randy......for you to keep suggesting that I am "upset" or to "be calm" or "take a deep breath" is really very disingenuous.

I am an old retired, and tired country boy. I guess that they allow you to feel more in control, but they mean nothing to me.

I am so calm and relaxed that my dog has to wake me up to hit the enter button on the computer, so then can we move on to something else?

Again..........6th time. In the course of your post you asked about 7 questions.

IMHO you do not want an answer for any of them or you would have asked them ONE AT A TIME.
What we have instead is just a "RAMBLING" of your thoughts with no direction and as such I can not respond.

In as nice a way as I can, I will say to you that any person who reads the Bible knows that the answer is NO!

Temptation, by its very nature, feels wrong. God’s moral law is written in the heart of every human being a written in Romans 1:20, and when a sinful temptation is introduced, our consciences immediately sense danger. However, the temptation itself is not the sin.

I dont know if you remember this or not, but Jesus was tempted as we read in Mark 1:13; & Luke 4:1-13, but He never sinned according to Hebrews 4:15. Sin occurs when we mishandle temptation placed in front of us by Satan.

Now since you asked me, you must not know so allow me to tell you that There are two avenues by which we are tempted: .....
1. Satan and
2. our own sinful flesh.

If you will take the time to read Acts 5, you will see it gives an example of someone tempted by Satan.
Ananias and his wife, Sapphira, wanting to appear more spiritual than they really were, lied to the apostles and pretended they were giving as an offering the full price of some property they had sold. Peter confronted them: “How is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land?”(verse 3).
In this instance, Peter knew that the temptation to lie had come from Satan. Ananias and his wife both gave in to that temptation (verses 7-10). The betrayal of Jesus by Judas Iscariot is also attributed to Satan’s influence (Luke 22:3; John 13:2

Our own flesh then gives in to Temptation . Then It becomes sin when we allow the temptation to become action, even in our minds. Lust, for example, is sin even though it may never be acted upon (Matthew 5:28). Covetousness, pride, greed, and envy are all sins of the heart; even though they may not be apparent to anyone else, they are still sin (Romans 1:29; Mark 7:21-22).

Just as YOU when you insist that you do not sin are actually committing the sin of PRIDE. When we give in to the temptation to entertain such thoughts, they take root in our hearts and defile us (Matthew 15:18–19). When we yield to temptation, we replace the fruit of the Spirit with the fruit of the flesh (Ephesians 5:9; Galatians 5:19-23). And, many times, what was first entertained as a thought becomes action (see James 1:15).
OK,
In answer to your comment: "He (Jesus) is telling her (the adulteress) to say no to the sin that dwells in her and stop the desire from being conceived; stop the temptation from becoming sin."...
What sin dwelt in her ?

What sin dwelt in her ?

1. Satan and
2. our own sinful flesh.

Why are you calling temptation a sin ?

Why are you calling temptation a sin ?
This is getting to be a real problem.

Where did i say that temptation is a sin?????

Why would you say that.?????

You asked me if temptation was a sin and in post #827 I responded with.......
"In as nice a way as I can, I will say to you that any person who reads the Bible knows that the answer is NO".

Now how in the world did you get the idea that I called temptation sin??????

Please explain.

You wrote, in #814..."He is telling her to say no to the sin that dwells in her and stop the desire from being conceived"
You are labeling temptation as sin.
Desires to do evil, are temptations.
OK
Alright.
What sin dwelt in her ?
"Mishandle"...how polite !
Sin occurs when we give in to temptation. (James 1:14-15)
1. Satan and
2. our own sinful flesh.
OK
The "flesh", in this case, is mind of the unrepentant and unregenerated.
The mind makes all the decisions.
Just as YOU when you insist that you do not sin are actually committing the sin of PRIDE.
Pride is the means of attaining something.
What do I get out of being perfectly obedient to God ?
When we give in to the temptation to entertain such thoughts, they take root in our hearts and defile us (Matthew 15:18–19). When we yield to temptation, we replace the fruit of the Spirit with the fruit of the flesh (Ephesians 5:9; Galatians 5:19-23). And, many times, what was first entertained as a thought becomes action (see James 1:15).
My testimony of the grace and power of God in my new life isn't pride in anything I have done.
All thanks and honor be to God for the power to resist every temptation ! (James 4:7)

OK,
In answer to your comment: "He (Jesus) is telling her (the adulteress) to say no to the sin that dwells in her and stop the desire from being conceived; stop the temptation from becoming sin."...
What sin dwelt in her ?

What sin dwelt in her ?
Now if you will notice, YOU did not post the Scripture that you are referring to. You place me in the position of having to assume. o then, I can ignore your question or assume that you are talking about JOHN 8:10-11 .....
"When Jesus had raised Himself up and saw no one but the woman, He said to her, “Woman, where are those accusers of yours? Has no one condemned you?” 11 And she said, “No one, Lord.” Then Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.”

In that Scripture, when you read the entire passage you will see that she was caught in the act of adultery.

John 8:2-3..........
"And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act."

Now then, allow me to ask you....what sin do YOU think Jesus was talking about?

You wrote, in #814..."He is telling her to say no to the sin that dwells in her and stop the desire from being conceived"
You are labeling temptation as sin.
Desires to do evil, are temptations.

OK

Alright.
What sin dwelt in her ?

"Mishandle"...how polite !
Sin occurs when we give in to temptation. (James 1:14-15)

OK

The "flesh", in this case, is mind of the unrepentant and unregenerated.
The mind makes all the decisions.

Pride is the means of attaining something.

My testimony of the grace and power of God in my new life isn't pride in anything I have done.
All thanks and honor be to God for the power to resist every temptation ! (James 4:7)
You said........
"Sin occurs when we give in to temptation. (James 1:14-15)"

My dear friend..........THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I SAID!

You said..........
"The "flesh", in this case, is mind of the unrepentant and unregenerated."

NOPE! Again, your understanding of theology is suspect.
The Greek word for “flesh” in the New Testament is sarx, a term that in Scripture refers to the physical body. However, A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature describes the word this way: “the physical body as functioning entity; in Paul’s thought esp., all parts of the body constitute a totality known as flesh, which is dominated by sin to such a degree that wherever flesh is, all forms of sin are likewise present, and no good thing can live.”

YOU in another post pointed out that fruit produces the same kind of fruit.
Matthew 7:18....“A good tree cannot produce bad fruit”, and I agree 100%.

So then both Adam and Eve were created good and without sin. But, when Adam and Eve sinned, their nature was corrupted, and that nature was passed along to their offspring:
Genesis 5:3...."When Adam had lived one hundred and thirty years, he became the father of a son in his own likeness, according to his image, and named him Seth".

The fact of the sin nature is taught all through the Scriptures, such as David’s declaration in Ps. 51:5.....
"Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin my mother conceived me”.

David does not mean he was the product of an adulterous affair, but that his parents passed along a sin nature to him. In theology, this is sometimes called the “Traducian” (from the Latin term meaning “from a branch”) view of human nature The Traducian view is that a person’s soul is created via his parents, with the child inheriting their fallen nature in the process or as YOU pointed out......fruit produces fruit of the same kind.
FLESH in the Bible refers to the SIN NATURE!

Then you said.............
"Pride is the means of attaining something."

NOPE. According to the Bible, pride is sinful and displeasing to God because it represents self-idolatry and self-sufficiency apart from God. Pride is an excessive preoccupation with self and one’s own importance, achievements, status, or possessions and when YOU say that you are without sin, that is exactly what you are doing.. It is considered rebellion against God because it attributes to one’s self the honor and glory that only God is due.

YOU are not perfectly obedient to God and YOU will never be perfectly obedient to God until you are dead or Raptured.

If YOUR or my testimony is anything other than what Jesus did for you, it is then selfishness and pride.
You are what YOU are because of what Christ did !!!

Last edited:
To respond to your really bad question, I will let the Scriptures speak for themselves:
I didn't ask a question.
"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one... For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.. Romans 3:10, 11, 12, 23.
You do know that Paul is citing scrips' written in the OT...right ?
By your own words, you do not seem to me to have actually read those Scriptut=res or you have removed them from your Bible.
I know that Paul was using those citings to show the Jews that even though they had the Law of Moses, they still needed the Redeemer's intercession.
That they were no better than any Gentile.
I like how he brought it home too, with Rom 3:21-22..."But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe:"
The "righteousness of God without the Law" is what you fight against, when you say nobody can be sinlessly perfect.
Going by these passages which are an allusion from the Old Testament it is explicit that Enoch had committed some sin and was saved by the Righteousness of Christ.
No Law, no sin is imputed.
No death, no sin.

Now if you will notice, YOU did not post the Scripture that you are referring to. You place me in the position of having to assume. o then, I can ignore your question or assume that you are talking about JOHN 8:10-11 .....
"When Jesus had raised Himself up and saw no one but the woman, He said to her, “Woman, where are those accusers of yours? Has no one condemned you?” 11 And she said, “No one, Lord.” Then Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.”

In that Scripture, when you read the entire passage you will see that she was caught in the act of adultery.

John 8:2-3..........
"And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act."

Now then, allow me to ask you....what sin do YOU think Jesus was talking about?
Adultery.
Adultery is a sin committed by those tempted to commit adultery.
Thankfully, we can resist such temptations now that we can be reborn of God's seed.
Adultery isn't a sin until the temptation is acted on.

Adultery.
Adultery is a sin committed by those tempted to commit adultery.
Thankfully, we can resist such temptations now that we can be reborn of God's seed.
Adultery isn't a sin until the temptation is acted on.
YES. Correct.

Adultery is the breaking of God's Law.

YES....we can absolutly resist and say NO to the temptation of the sin of adultry.

You said.........
"Adultery isn't a sin until the temptation is acted on."

NO! You are incorrect Biblically!
The Lord Jesus who YOU said YOU obey perfectly disagrees with you as He said in Matthew 5:27-30....
“You have heard that it was said, ‘ Do not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to desire her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away!"

Do not see why I have challenged so hard on your sinlessness???? In the Sermon on the Mount where Matthew 5 is located, the sermon from Jesus was not given so that we have new rules to follow but to show us that it is impossible for us to fulfill God's law.

That is why YOU can not be sinless!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back