Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Call No Man Father

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You do not seem to grasp that what I have posted is exactly what the RCC teaches.

To suggest anything else is to say that I am manufacturing my facts from the back of my mind.

You're picking and choosing what SOUNDS good to you to support what you THINK the CC teaches.
Some do this with verses. They pick out averse that they believe supports their position.
Trouble is, verses cannot be plucked out, just as paragraphs from the CCC cannot be plucked out.

But I will gladly conform to your request. I have posted and do so again.........

CCC 1113........
“The whole liturgical life of the Church revolves around the Eucharistic sacrifice and sacraments….Baptism, Confirmation or Chrismation, Eucharist, Penance, Anointing of the Sick, Holy Orders, and Matrimony”.

CCC 1129.....
“The Church affirms that for believers the sacraments of the New Covenant are necessary for salvation.

Is that what you wanted? Do those Catholic doctrines conform to Ephesians 2:8-9.

Oh. Well here is exactly what I mean.
We're not through with justification and you're jumping all over the place.

I give you paragraphs and you give me DIFFERENT paragraphs in return without acknowledging what you think mine meant to YOU.

Do you know what a iturgy is?
It's a celebration.
THE LITURGY OF THE CHURCH revolves around celebrations.
Can you post ALL of CCC1113 and then give your explanation of it?
I don't see any one sentence that states the liturgy will save anyone.

For those reading along that MIGHT be interesed...
Let's post a few more paragraphs beginning with yours:
BTW If you want to know more about the liturgy,,,you can begin reading paragraph 1200 and onward.

Here's is ALL of CCC 1113

THE PASCHAL MYSTERY IN THE CHURCH'S SACRAMENTS

1113 The whole liturgical life of the Church revolves around the Eucharistic sacrifice and the sacraments.29 There are seven sacraments in the Church: Baptism, Confirmation or Chrismation, Eucharist, Penance, Anointing of the Sick, Holy Orders, and Matrimony.30 This article will discuss what is common to the Church's seven sacraments from a doctrinal point of view. What is common to them in terms of their celebration will be presented in the second chapter, and what is distinctive about each will be the topic of the Section Two.

Please explain where in the above paragraph salvation is mentioned.

And now, let's find out what a sacrament is:

1114 "Adhering to the teaching of the Holy Scriptures, to the apostolic traditions, and to the consensus . . . of the Fathers," we profess that "the sacraments of the new law were . . . all instituted by Jesus Christ our Lord."31

1115 Jesus' words and actions during his hidden life and public ministry were already salvific, for they anticipated the power of his Paschal mystery. They announced and prepared what he was going to give the Church when all was accomplished. the mysteries of Christ's life are the foundations of what he would henceforth dispense in the sacraments, through the ministers of his Church, for "what was visible in our Savior has passed over into his mysteries."

The above states that the actions and words of Jesus WERE ALREADY SALVIFIC....
But Jesus instituted sacraments...Protestants only accept communion and marriage...
Catholics accept more - but they are all biblical.
Do Protestants not have pastors? Yes. But the chain of authority has been broken since 1,500AD.
Do Protestants not get married? etc.....
Because Protestants do not accept some sacraments DOES NOT MEAN that Jesus did not institute them.

1116 Sacraments are "powers that comes forth" from the Body of Christ,33 which is ever-living and life-giving. They are actions of the Holy Spirit at work in his Body, the Church. They are "the masterworks of God" in the new and everlasting covenant.

1117 As she has done for the canon of Sacred Scripture and for the doctrine of the faith, the Church, by the power of the Spirit who guides her "into all truth," has gradually recognized this treasure received from Christ and, as the faithful steward of God's mysteries, has determined its "dispensation."34 Thus the Church has discerned over the centuries that among liturgical celebrations there are seven that are, in the strict sense of the term, sacraments instituted by the Lord.

1118 The sacraments are "of the Church" in the double sense that they are "by her" and "for her." They are "by the Church," for she is the sacrament of Christ's action at work in her through the mission of the Holy Spirit. They are "for the Church" in the sense that "the sacraments make the Church,"35 since they manifest and communicate to men, above all in the Eucharist, the mystery of communion with the God who is love, One in three persons.

Again, where is salvation mentioned above?

Here is what the CC teaches:
FAITH AND BAPTISM are necessary for salvation.

I've posted many verses that state this.
Many Protestants do not believe that baptism is necessary.
Unfortunately, Jesus did say that it's a necessity.

WHOEVER BELIEVES AND IS BAPTIZED, WILL BE SAVED.
Mark 16:16

Will you please post for all of us the Bible Scriptures which say that our salvation is focused and contained in the Eucharist, baptism, confirmation, Penance, being married and Holy Orders.

If you read the above paragrapsh, you'll find that this is not what they state.

That is all the proof I need.

Pray tell me, Why would the whole “life of the Church” (CCC 1113) revolve around rituals and ceremonies to receive grace?
Does the New Testament say that’s the primary task of the Church?
Liturgies tie the community together.
Take all liturgies and rituals out of YOUR church and see how the next generation comes along in the faith.
Very Badly.

I honestly have no idea what you are trying to say.

Nothing said or done by Moses has anything to do with the church today which begs the question.....Are you that desperate????

In Matthew 23, The Pharisees presumed to take on Moses’ teaching authority.

Vs. 2 says......"The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the chair of Moses."

What does vs 3 say......., "but do not do as they do; for they say things and do not do them."

In vs 5-7 Jesus proceeded to identify more of these leaders’ practices that the crowds and His disciples should not copy.

The Greek word translated "phylacteries" (totapot, lit. "frontlets") occurs here only in the New Testament. It had pagan associations, and Jesus’ use of it here implied that the Jews were using these little boxes as good luck charms.
Source......[Note: Zondervan Pictorial Encyclopedia of the Bible, s.v. "phylactery," by J. Arthur Thompson, 4:786-87.]

Furthermore they made them big so other Jews would be sure to notice their "piety".

Sounds like croses with Jesus on them and statues of Mary and Joseph dosent it?
1) I’m not concerned with these men or their practices only that the had at the time of Jesus “kingdom authority” and Jesus commanded that they be obeyed! Matt 23

2) That “kingdom authority” was taken from them. Matt 21:43

3) that “kingdom authority” (keys, bind loose) was given to Peter and the apostles and their successors!
Matt 16:18-19

And so they must also be obeyed cos it is the same authority!

Thanks

Or.....it may depend on what we call truth and what we call false.

Jesus actually said, "You sahll know the truth and the truth shale set you free".

You said.............
"And with this, our conversation iwill end.

The CCC, BTW, is not the best way to teach the Catholic faith,,,
but it's the best they've got."

Now allow me to tell you ironony of your comments.
In post #792 you challenged by saying...........
"Just please try to post what the CC teaches and not what YOU think it teaches."

I did exacly that by posting the CCC's numbers and literal words and your responce to that was....

If the CCC is not the best way to teach the Catholic faith, and by any Catholic's own admission they do not follow the Bible, then what is the way to teach the Catholic faith?

With that I repsect your position and desire to end this and I bid you farewell in Jesus name.
I've taught the CCC.
It requires understanding what is being stated.
It would take volumes to explain Catholicism.

Try reading through the New Advent Encyclopedia of the Catholic faith sometime.

You want to get deep into theology?
That'll do it for you.

You post paragraphs and then show no understanding of them.

God bless you Rodger.

My dear friend......I am way too old to get excited. But (LOL) thanks for the idea!!!!!!
Really, too old ?
What is debatable is your understanding of the Bible. You just suggested that Enoch and Elijah and John the Baptist were not sinners.
Enoch walked with God and didn't die.
Elijah didn't die either.
John had the gift of the Holy Ghost from the womb.
That is catagorically wrong and is not Biblical and it is not debatable. THEY just like Adam and Daniel and Moses and Mary and David were SINNERS! YOU and ME are sinners.
A, D, M, M, and D were all sinners.
You and I were sinners...if we have been reborn of God's seed.
To infer that you still sin would mean you didn't repent of sin, so have yet to be reborn.
You can believe all you want to your own opinions and what some false teachers has told you but YOU and they are wrong.
OK.
Romans 3:23...."ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God".
Romans 3:10...." There is none righteous, no, not one: 11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. 12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one."
Isaiah 64:6........." There is none righteous, no, not one: 11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. 12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one."
Was Jesus righteous ?
Enoch ?
Elijah ?
John the Baptist ?
The fact that Jesus was righteous nullifies your entire point.
Paul's Rom 3 verses were intended to show the reading Jews that even though they had the Law, they still needed the Redeemer.
So were no better that any Gentile.
And, he concludes his citing of OT verses with the best news of all !
It is written..."But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: " (Rom 3:21-22)
The righteousness of God is now available to all men !
We don't have to remain sinners !
I do not mean to be disrespectful to you or mean spirited, it is I just do not know how to say this, but my friend, In my opinion you really need to read and study the Scriptures.
Again. I ask you........do YOU keep ALL the commandmenst of God? ALL of them?
Yes, both of them...Love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength: and, Love your neighbor as you love yourself.
Have you told a lie.
Have you used Gods name in vain.
Have you had a proud look?
Not since I repented of sin.
I am a new creature now, to the glory of God, and the name of Jesus Christ !

Jesus says “go and sin no more”!
Yes He did, to an OT woman who was still in bondage to the Law of Moses.
A woman who had to walk in the flesh, until Jesus made it possible to be reborn of His Father's seed.
He does not say “go for you are saved and it is impossible for you commit sin anymore”!
Correct.
Just as the seed of a fig cannot bring forth grapes, neither can His seed bring forth liars, thieves, adulterers, or murderers.

Fact is, He still wouldn't say it, but He left us all kinds of writings to help us do just that...live free from sin.
Praise be to God !

Really, too old ?

Enoch walked with God and didn't die.
Elijah didn't die either.
John had the gift of the Holy Ghost from the womb.

A, D, M, M, and D were all sinners.
You and I were sinners...if we have been reborn of God's seed.
To infer that you still sin would mean you didn't repent of sin, so have yet to be reborn.

OK.

Was Jesus righteous ?
Enoch ?
Elijah ?
John the Baptist ?
The fact that Jesus was righteous nullifies your entire point.
Paul's Rom 3 verses were intended to show the reading Jews that even though they had the Law, they still needed the Redeemer.
So were no better that any Gentile.
And, he concludes his citing of OT verses with the best news of all !
It is written..."But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: " (Rom 3:21-22)
The righteousness of God is now available to all men !
We don't have to remain sinners !

Yes, both of them...Love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength: and, Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Not since I repented of sin.
I am a new creature now, to the glory of God, and the name of Jesus Christ !
You said.......
"The fact that Jesus was righteous nullifies your entire point."

Negitive! He was God so your point is totally mute.

There are NO Scriptures that imply Enoch, Elijah, and John were sinless so I do not even know why you brought them up.

I agree that you are a new creature in Christ but that does not remove your old sin nature.

When you repented of your sin and accepted Christ you were forgiven of your sins and you will not n=be judged for them BUT you still have a sin nature and you still sin.

The fact that you think you are sinless is the sin of PRIDE!

I've taught the CCC.
It requires understanding what is being stated.
It would take volumes to explain Catholicism.

Try reading through the New Advent Encyclopedia of the Catholic faith sometime.

You want to get deep into theology?
That'll do it for you.

You post paragraphs and then show no understanding of them.

God bless you Rodger.
I disagree but as you know, I have read the Bible and taught it for many years.

May the Lord bless you

1) I’m not concerned with these men or their practices only that the had at the time of Jesus “kingdom authority” and Jesus commanded that they be obeyed! Matt 23

2) That “kingdom authority” was taken from them. Matt 21:43

3) that “kingdom authority” (keys, bind loose) was given to Peter and the apostles and their successors!
Matt 16:18-19

And so they must also be obeyed cos it is the same authority!

Thanks
If YOU are not concerned then why in the world did YOU post Matthew 23 to support your opinion????

Or.....it may depend on what we call truth and what we call false.

Jesus actually said, "You sahll know the truth and the truth shale set you free".

You said.............

Now allow me to tell you ironony of your comments.
In post #792 you challenged by saying...........
"Just please try to post what the CC teaches and not what YOU think it teaches."

I did exacly that by posting the CCC's numbers and literal words and your responce to that was....

If the CCC is not the best way to teach the Catholic faith, and by any Catholic's own admission they do not follow the Bible, then what is the way to teach the Catholic faith?

With that I repsect your position and desire to end this and I bid you farewell in Jesus name.
I do the very same thing.

That is your right to have an opinion just as it is mine to do the same...right?

The idea of calling someone in a religious position of leadership as "Father" is the thread.

As I stated and do so again, that is not Biblical and it is a rebellion against the directions of the Lord Jesus.

And......you are of course welcome to call the Catholic religion Christian, however if you ask any well thinking Catholic they will tell you that they are NOT Biblical Christians.
Isn't belief in the Lord Jesus Christ biblical? Well if Jesus considers calling one Father as leading a rebellion against Him that's something He will have to address as the Head of the body of Christ. Not me. I think your mistaken that offends Him.

You're picking and choosing what SOUNDS good to you to support what you THINK the CC teaches.
Some do this with verses. They pick out averse that they believe supports their position.
Trouble is, verses cannot be plucked out, just as paragraphs from the CCC cannot be plucked out.

Oh. Well here is exactly what I mean.
We're not through with justification and you're jumping all over the place.

I give you paragraphs and you give me DIFFERENT paragraphs in return without acknowledging what you think mine meant to YOU.

Do you know what a iturgy is?
It's a celebration.
THE LITURGY OF THE CHURCH revolves around celebrations.
Can you post ALL of CCC1113 and then give your explanation of it?
I don't see any one sentence that states the liturgy will save anyone.

For those reading along that MIGHT be interesed...
Let's post a few more paragraphs beginning with yours:
BTW If you want to know more about the liturgy,,,you can begin reading paragraph 1200 and onward.

Here's is ALL of CCC 1113

THE PASCHAL MYSTERY IN THE CHURCH'S SACRAMENTS

1113 The whole liturgical life of the Church revolves around the Eucharistic sacrifice and the sacraments.29 There are seven sacraments in the Church: Baptism, Confirmation or Chrismation, Eucharist, Penance, Anointing of the Sick, Holy Orders, and Matrimony.30 This article will discuss what is common to the Church's seven sacraments from a doctrinal point of view. What is common to them in terms of their celebration will be presented in the second chapter, and what is distinctive about each will be the topic of the Section Two.

Please explain where in the above paragraph salvation is mentioned.

And now, let's find out what a sacrament is:

1114 "Adhering to the teaching of the Holy Scriptures, to the apostolic traditions, and to the consensus . . . of the Fathers," we profess that "the sacraments of the new law were . . . all instituted by Jesus Christ our Lord."31

1115 Jesus' words and actions during his hidden life and public ministry were already salvific, for they anticipated the power of his Paschal mystery. They announced and prepared what he was going to give the Church when all was accomplished. the mysteries of Christ's life are the foundations of what he would henceforth dispense in the sacraments, through the ministers of his Church, for "what was visible in our Savior has passed over into his mysteries."

The above states that the actions and words of Jesus WERE ALREADY SALVIFIC....
But Jesus instituted sacraments...Protestants only accept communion and marriage...
Catholics accept more - but they are all biblical.
Do Protestants not have pastors? Yes. But the chain of authority has been broken since 1,500AD.
Do Protestants not get married? etc.....
Because Protestants do not accept some sacraments DOES NOT MEAN that Jesus did not institute them.

1116 Sacraments are "powers that comes forth" from the Body of Christ,33 which is ever-living and life-giving. They are actions of the Holy Spirit at work in his Body, the Church. They are "the masterworks of God" in the new and everlasting covenant.

1117 As she has done for the canon of Sacred Scripture and for the doctrine of the faith, the Church, by the power of the Spirit who guides her "into all truth," has gradually recognized this treasure received from Christ and, as the faithful steward of God's mysteries, has determined its "dispensation."34 Thus the Church has discerned over the centuries that among liturgical celebrations there are seven that are, in the strict sense of the term, sacraments instituted by the Lord.

1118 The sacraments are "of the Church" in the double sense that they are "by her" and "for her." They are "by the Church," for she is the sacrament of Christ's action at work in her through the mission of the Holy Spirit. They are "for the Church" in the sense that "the sacraments make the Church,"35 since they manifest and communicate to men, above all in the Eucharist, the mystery of communion with the God who is love, One in three persons.

Again, where is salvation mentioned above?

Here is what the CC teaches:
FAITH AND BAPTISM are necessary for salvation.

I've posted many verses that state this.
Many Protestants do not believe that baptism is necessary.
Unfortunately, Jesus did say that it's a necessity.

WHOEVER BELIEVES AND IS BAPTIZED, WILL BE SAVED.
Mark 16:16

If you read the above paragrapsh, you'll find that this is not what they state.

That is all the proof I need.

Liturgies tie the community together.
Take all liturgies and rituals out of YOUR church and see how the next generation comes along in the faith.
Very Badly.
When and if liturgies, ritual and traditions are removed, then we would have the Protestant church where only Jesus Christ is worshipped.

How many now 14?

What does this have to with successors? Only twelve original apostles by they have thousands of successors
Matt 28:19 acts 1:8 requires it
The 12 slots are filled. I don't hold to apostolic succession.

I hold to this:
Here is a trustworthy saying: Whoever aspires to be an overseer desires a noble task. 2Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. 4He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full a respect. 5(If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?) 6He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil. 7He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil’s trap.

8In the same way, deacons b are to be worthy of respect, sincere, not indulging in much wine, and not pursuing dishonest gain. 9They must keep hold of the deep truths of the faith with a clear conscience. 10They must first be tested; and then if there is nothing against them, let them serve as deacons.

Isn't belief in the Lord Jesus Christ biblical? Well if Jesus considers calling one Father as leading a rebellion against Him that's something He will have to address as the Head of the body of Christ. Not me. I think your mistaken that offends Him.
Do you actually think that is a valid question to ask???? Really!

I think you believe that disobeying the Word of God is acceptable!

Matthew 23:9....
"And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven."

That means we are not to cal any man who is a leader of any church or religion "father".

Yes He did, to an OT woman who was still in bondage to the Law of Moses.
A woman who had to walk in the flesh, until Jesus made it possible to be reborn of His Father's seed.

Correct.
Just as the seed of a fig cannot bring forth grapes, neither can His seed bring forth liars, thieves, adulterers, or murderers.

Fact is, He still wouldn't say it, but He left us all kinds of writings to help us do just that...live free from sin.
Praise be to God !
The lack of Bible understanding on display here is astonishing. Many make posts of Scripture because it sounds good and it supports their opinion without any context or understanding.

"Go and sin no more" does not say that you will not sin anymore....now does it????

He is telling her to say no to the sin that dwells in her and stop the desire from being conceived; stop the temptation from becoming sin.

Then to imply that "Just as the seed of a fig cannot bring forth grapes, neither can His seed bring forth liars, thieves, adulterers, or murderers" means sinlessness in Christians is appalling!

The CONTEXT of that Scriptue in Matthew 7:16 IS NOT ABOUT SIN OR SINLESSNESS.
It was given by Jesus about false teachers and prophets.

You can't judge a self-proclaimed prophet by their outward appearance. Appearing smart, authoritative, moral, or "nice" does not mean what they say is true. Rather than judging shallowly, Jesus commands believers to use right judgment (John 7:24). That judgment comes from the authority of the Bible. When it comes to self-proclaimed teachers or prophets, that means looking at what comes from their teaching and from their lives.

Apparently John 1:8 either has NO meaning to you or you have never read it.
It describes a person who claims they are a Christian and are not sinning. This verse states,
"If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. "

That Is YOU my friend!

The Greek phrase for “have no sin” is echo ou hamarita is The verb “have” is a present tense in the Greek.

The phrase refers to not actively continuing to sin. Do you read what I just said!!!!

That is, the person says they are not continuing to sin now since he or she became a Christian. This translation is supported by the word “deceiving,” which is also in a present tense in the Greek. That is the person YOU, is actively continuing to deceive themselves by claiming they do not sin now that they are a Christian.

But that is a lie. That is also the message of 1 John 1:10.

The 12 slots are filled. I don't hold to apostolic succession.

I hold to this:
Here is a trustworthy saying: Whoever aspires to be an overseer desires a noble task. 2Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. 4He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full a respect. 5(If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?) 6He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil. 7He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil’s trap.

8In the same way, deacons b are to be worthy of respect, sincere, not indulging in much wine, and not pursuing dishonest gain. 9They must keep hold of the deep truths of the faith with a clear conscience. 10They must first be tested; and then if there is nothing against them, let them serve as deacons.
Good for you!

There are NO Scriptures that support Apostolic succession.

Do you actually think that is a valid question to ask???? Really!

I think you believe that disobeying the Word of God is acceptable!

Matthew 23:9....
"And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven."

That means we are not to cal any man who is a leader of any church or religion "father".
Take a deep breath no need to get upset. Yes really I view the Catholic Church as a Christian church.

1 Corth 4:15
Even if you had ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel.

You said.......
"The fact that Jesus was righteous nullifies your entire point."
Negitive! He was God so your point is totally mute.
He was also a man, and tasted death, and temptation, for all of us.
There are NO Scriptures that imply Enoch, Elijah, and John were sinless so I do not even know why you brought them up.
As no sin can be imputed where there is no Law, Enoch can't be called a sinner.
He walked with God and didn't die.
Elijah also didn't die.
As the wages of sin is death, (Rom 6:23), it must be realized that they did no sin.
John had the gift of the Holy Spirit from the womb.
The Spirit of God will not reside in a polluted temple.
I agree that you are a new creature in Christ but that does not remove your old sin nature.
I sure does.
That which was born of Adam has been destroyed.
It is no more.
It is written..."Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2 Cor 5:17)
If one is "in Christ", all things, including the nature, are made new.
When you repented of your sin and accepted Christ you were forgiven of your sins and you will not n=be judged for them BUT you still have a sin nature and you still sin.
My sins were forgiven at my water baptism into Christ and into His death and burial. (Acts 2:38, Rom 6:3-7)
Thanks be to God, I have a divine nature now.
It is written..."Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust." (2 Peter 1:4)
The fact that you think you are sinless is the sin of PRIDE!
The fact that I am obedient, is testimony of the efficacy of Christ's death and resurrection.
I don't think that calling the work of God a sin, is wise.

The lack of Bible understanding on display here is astonishing. Many make posts of Scripture because it sounds good and it supports their opinion without any context or understanding.
I agree, but still have hope for you.
"Go and sin no more" does not say that you will not sin anymore....now does it????
No, we have no idea what the adulteress did afterwards.
He is telling her to say no to the sin that dwells in her and stop the desire from being conceived; stop the temptation from becoming sin.
What sin dwelt in her ?
You are calling temptation sin.
Why?
Then to imply that "Just as the seed of a fig cannot bring forth grapes, neither can His seed bring forth liars, thieves, adulterers, or murderers" means sinlessness in Christians is appalling!
Can a fig seed bring forth grapes ?
Can God's seed bring forth liars ?
No, and No.
The CONTEXT of that Scriptue in Matthew 7:16 IS NOT ABOUT SIN OR SINLESSNESS.
It was given by Jesus about false teachers and prophets.
The context of all the word of God is... Love God with all your heart, soul, strength, and mind...and, love your neighbor as you love yourself.
Where is that message do you find accommodations for sin ?
You can't judge a self-proclaimed prophet by their outward appearance. Appearing smart, authoritative, moral, or "nice" does not mean what they say is true. Rather than judging shallowly, Jesus commands believers to use right judgment (John 7:24). That judgment comes from the authority of the Bible. When it comes to self-proclaimed teachers or prophets, that means looking at what comes from their teaching and from their lives.
Jesus told us how to judge the prophets...look at their fruit !
God's prophets are NOT accommodating sinful behavior.
Apparently 1 John 1:8 either has NO meaning to you or you have never read it.
It describes a person who claims they are a Christian and are not sinning. This verse states,
That verse, along with verses 6 and 10, address those walking in darkness-sin.
Sinners can't honestly say they have no sin.
Those walking in God-light can say it.
"If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. "
Perfectly apt...for those walking in darkness-sin.
That Is YOU my friend!
Thanks be to God, I have been enabled to walk in the light, which is God, in Whom is no darkness-sin.
The Greek phrase for “have no sin” is echo ou hamarita is The verb “have” is a present tense in the Greek.
The phrase refers to not actively continuing to sin. Do you read what I just said!!!!
Why do all the research but continue to deny its truth ?
"Not actively continuing to sin" !!!!
Are you saying there is sin in the light, which is God ?
Are you saying that not all of the sin of those who confess and are washed by the blood of Christ are actually free of sin ? (1 John 1:7)
That is, the person says they are not continuing to sin now since he or she became a Christian. This translation is supported by the word “deceiving,” which is also in a present tense in the Greek. That is the person YOU, is actively continuing to deceive themselves by claiming they do not sin now that they are a Christian.
But that is a lie. That is also the message of 1 John 1:10.
If a person repents of sin, they are by definition a non-sinner.
More sin makes their repentance a lie to God.
Confess your sins and get washed by the blood of Christ of ALL past sin.
Get to know God !
It is written..."And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked." (1 John 2:3-6)

CCC 1129.....
“The Church affirms that for believers the sacraments of the New Covenant are necessary for salvation.

Is that what you wanted? Do those Catholic doctrines conform to Ephesians 2:8-9.

Will you please post for all of us the Bible Scriptures which say that our salvation is focused and contained in the Eucharist, baptism, confirmation, Penance, being married and Holy Orders.

Pray tell me, Why would the whole “life of the Church” (CCC 1113) revolve around rituals and ceremonies to receive grace?
Luther believed the Lord’s supper was necessary for salvation!

CCC 1129.....

If all we need is a tiny act of faith and a bit of grace why does scripture say “add to your faith” and “faith hope and charity”?

And constantly says grace unto you? Every letter practically begins and ends with more grace!

How do we obtain mercy and forgiveness of sin?

Thks

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back