Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Calling evil good

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who sent the two witnesses?

They were protecting themselves from being harmed.
Scripture says Jesus sends his prophets to Jerusalem. Those who are given authority in Jerusalem persecute his prophets that he sends.

But Jesus doesn't tell his prophets that they should kill or torment anyone.

Last edited:
Scripture says Jesus sends his prophets to Jerusalem. Those who are given authority in Jerusalem persecute his prophets that he sends.

But Jesus doesn't tell his prophets that they should kill or torment anyone.

Please don't bother to post commentary to validate your posts.

Use actual Scripture.

The Two Witnesses
Rev 11:1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
Rev 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
Rev 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
Rev 11:5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
Rev 11:6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
Rev 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
Rev 11:9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
Rev 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
Rev 11:11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
Rev 11:12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

Where does it say that the two witnesses are evil and torment and kill anyone. Where do you get your information from as whoever it is is in error of what has already been written.

Last edited:
Why do you falsely accuse me of calling the loud voice evil?I didn't say anything about the loud voice.

I said it is evil to kill and torment people which is what the two witnesses do.

You are the one who says people who kill and torment others are good.Even these two witnesses.
I will use Esau for an example as God did not hate Esau, but sore displeased with him in his deception of selling his birthright, Genesis 25. God said He also created evil and this is what fell upon Esau as we read in Malachi 1:2-5.

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

The word translated "evil" is from a Hebrew word kelalah that means adversary, affliction, calamity, distress and misery. This is what God has created and puts on those who He has cursed for their rebellion against Him so they know "I AM" in all sovereignty, Deuteronomy 27:11-26.

Exodus Chapter 7-11 is a witness of the "Great I AM" and what God brought forth in His affliction, calamity, distress and misery on Pharaoh and the Egyptians.

God gave Pharaoh and the Egyptians a chance to repent and turn back to Him, but they rejected God as Pharaoh hardened his heart against God like so many even today do this.

Where is your proof of this as nowhere in Rev 11 does it say what you claim.
I read the gospel of Jesus christ.
I know Jesus tells his servants to be harmless as doves.
To never recompense evil for evil.
Do unto other as you would have them do unto you.
Love thy neighbor as thyself.

The two witnesses kill and torment people.
That is the exact opposite Jesus commands in the gospel.

The Two Witnesses
Rev 11:1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
Rev 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
Rev 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
Rev 11:5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
Rev 11:6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
Rev 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
Rev 11:9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
Rev 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
Rev 11:11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
Rev 11:12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

Where does it say that the two witnesses are evil and torment and kill anyone. Where do you get your information from as whoever it is is in error of what has already been written.
As we know from scripture, the armed forces of the north occupy Jerusalem for 42 months. The same 42 months the two witnesses occupy Jerusalem.

Tell me this, what is the command given by the commanders of this army to destroy thier enemies?

Read the Bible. I posted actual scripture
I believe it is you that needs to read the Bible instead of all those commentaries by mans unbiblical comments as you are forcing your beliefs into scripture that does not coincide with what you say. If you read Zechariah 4 then you will understand the two witnesses in Rev 11 are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth as it is written. If you think the two witnesses are evil then you are calling the word of God and the Holy Spirit evil.

God does not damn anyone, but they damn themselves in His final judgement as the beast, false prophet and Satan will all be cast alive into the lake of fire, just like everyone else that rejects truth as they have condemned themselves for all eternity.

I read the gospel of Jesus christ.
I know Jesus tells his servants to be harmless as doves.
To never recompense evil for evil.
Do unto other as you would have them do unto you.
Love thy neighbor as thyself.

The two witnesses kill and torment people.
That is the exact opposite Jesus commands in the gospel.
Since you can not give me proof in scripture then you have no truth found in you in this matter of the two witnesses.

I believe it is you that needs to read the Bible instead of all those commentaries by mans unbiblical comments as you are forcing your beliefs into scripture that does not coincide with what you say. If you read Zechariah 4 then you will understand the two witnesses in Rev 11 are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth as it is written. If you think the two witnesses are evil then you are calling the word of God and the Holy Spirit evil.

God does not damn anyone, but they damn themselves in His final judgement as the beast, false prophet and Satan will all be cast alive into the lake of fire, just like everyone else that rejects truth as they have condemned themselves for all eternity.
Those are not commontaries I am posting. They are the English version of scripture.

Please don't bother to post commentary to validate your posts.

Use actual Scripture.
My goodness. You don't know the difference between a translation and a commentary?

Is it that you are stuck on only one translation so you can't recognize scripture when you see it?

As we know from scripture, the armed forces of the north occupy Jerusalem for 42 months. The same 42 months the two witnesses occupy Jerusalem.

Tell me this, what is the command given by the commanders of this army to destroy thier enemies?
What does the two witnesses sent by God to preach His word for 42 months in the end of days have to do with any battle. Who is teaching you this stuff as none of this is found in scripture about the two witnesses. What is the name of the person who is teaching you these things and don't say the scriptures as I have already showed you what is written in Rev 11

What does the two witnesses sent by God to preach His word for 42 months in the end of days have to do with any battle. Who is teaching you this stuff as none of this is found in scripture about the two witnesses. What is the name of the person who is teaching you these things and don't say the scriptures as I have already showed you what is written in Rev 11

The prophet Daniel wrote about the king of the norths armed forces in Jerusalem. That is who taught me they would be there during those 42 months.

You got something against the gospel now?
No, what I got is against you is skirting around questions you are asked by others and adding to and taking away from scripture.

You said back in your post # 2 Alot of people call the two witnesses good even though they kill and torment people.
The two witnesses do everything Jesus says not to do.

I asked you in my post # 24 where is your proof of this as nowhere in Rev 11 does it say what you claim.

In your post # 29 you give no proof, but skirt around my question only to continue to say the two witnesses kill and torment people

No, what I got is against you is skirting around questions you are asked by others and adding to and taking away from scripture.

You said back in your post # 2 Alot of people call the two witnesses good even though they kill and torment people.
The two witnesses do everything Jesus says not to do.

I asked you in my post # 24 where is your proof of this as nowhere in Rev 11 does it say what you claim.

In your post # 29 you give no proof, but skirt around my question only to continue to say the two witnesses kill and torment people
I posted things Jesus taught.
You didn't recognize them.
And if I post scripture, you claim it's a commentary.

Those are not commontaries I am posting. They are the English version of scripture.
You must be using a different Bible then any of us, or is it that you just ignore the scriptures we have been giving you about the two witnesses being of God in Rev 11 and Zechariah 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back