Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Can a Saved man choose to be Lost?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Dying to self, via taking up your "cross" or implement of crucifixion, daily, is something to ask God about. One's own choice of a means to self-death must be the first to go. But what we can do is what out Lord did, beg to be spared in the hope of at least receiving the peace that passes understanding, and in that peace, releasing God to carry on with His will.

Then there is the seeking of His face. He told me to die to self by looking through the darkened glass at Him, in the darkened mirror at myself. No one can look on the Lord and live. And seeing oneself at the limits of what we can bear takes the sting out of our death. So I come to "Christ in me, the hope of glory." Little sacks of Jesus, as you put it. He said that I was His idea in the first place, and the manifestation of Him in the dead me is the me He had in mind and wanted in that first place.

Now, dead men tell no tales, nor perform many duties. But, dying to self and being dead to self are different too. There are duties to perform in the dying, mostly bridleing the tongue. "By your words..." Saved and condemned. Not muzzleing, bridleing! We confess unto salvation, finding His words, and honestly speaking them with Him, confessing them, making testimonies that overcome evil, declarations that establish our choices. His spoken words created everything He chose; ours create our choices.

I haven't found this process to ever end. I was dead in my sins, I have died to myself, and yet today, there was another cross.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back