Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Catholics Do Not Have To Believe All Catholic Doctrine

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
As a practicing Catholic I do not believe that Catholics have to believe all Catholic doctrine because there are some unscriptural Catholic doctrines and some unscriptural parts to the Mass. Only someone who has a non functioning brain, is incapable of logical and analytical thinking and is being guided by Satan would believe all Catholic doctrine and would believe that all Catholic doctrine is scriptural. :morning:

Then you set yourself up as arbitrar of the truth and are nothing more than a protestant. Perhaps we can discuss what these unscriptural parts to the Mass are? Let's start there. Ever read Scott Hahn's "The Lamb's Supper"? If you had you would never say the mass is unscriptural again. It directly parrallels the book of revelatoin. An amazing book. I highly recommend it. Perhaps it is your knowledge of scripture that is lacking and not the Catholic Mass.

thessalonian said:
Then you set yourself up as arbitrar of the truth and are nothing more than a protestant.

You say "protestant" like it's a bad thing...

thessalonian said:
Then you set yourself up as arbitrar of the truth and are nothing more than a protestant. Perhaps we can discuss what these unscriptural parts to the Mass are? Let's start there. Ever read Scott Hahn's "The Lamb's Supper"? If you had you would never say the mass is unscriptural again. It directly parrallels the book of revelatoin. An amazing book. I highly recommend it. Perhaps it is your knowledge of scripture that is lacking and not the Catholic Mass.
I am not and never have been a Protestant because I was not Baptized and raised Protestant and I do not attend or belong to any Protestant Church. I was Baptized and raised Catholic and I attend Mass every weekend and I am on the membership roll of the local Catholic Church and thus there is nothing else that I can be but Catholic. And I did not state that the entire Mass is unscriptural. There are scriptural parts to the Mass. The unscriptural parts to the Mass are:
(1)The belief that the Mass is a sacrifice in the statement "May the Lord
accept this sacrifice at your hands, for the praise and glory of His name,
for our good and the good of all His church".
(2)The statement "We acknowledge one Baptism for the forgiveness of
sins".
(3)The statement "and I ask blessed Mary ever virgin and all the angels
and saints"
(4)The mention during the Eucharistic Prayer of the intercession of the
Virgin Mary and the Saints.
(5)The belief that the bread and wine are the actual body and blood of
Christ.
:smt021

Robert,

Your views are heretical then and I strongly suggest that you refrain from communion because your communions according to 1 Cor 11:27 are a sacralidge.

I never said you said the whole Mass was unscriptural.

Fnerb said:
You say "protestant" like it's a bad thing...

For those who are Catholic to believe as Protestants is bad. For those protestants who do not have the grace to see the fullness of the truth in the Catholic faith, I leave that judgement to God. Their faith in Christ is very good.

Catholic is a bad thing in these parts.

thessalonian said:
Robert,

Your views are heretical then and I strongly suggest that you refrain from communion because your communions according to 1 Cor 11:27 are a sacralidge.

You really have a non functioning brain, are incapable of logical and analytical thinking and are being guided by Satan into believing that all Catholic doctrine and the entire Mass is scriptural. If you had a functioning brain, were capable of logical and analytical thinking and were not being guided by Satan then you would cease believing in the unscriptural Catholic doctrines and the unscriptural parts to the Mass. I am not going to refrain from receiving the bread and the cup of wine at Mass because seeing as Christ does not recognize the belief that the bread and wine are the actual body and blood of Christ then it is not a sacralidge if I receive the bread and the cup of wine. :smt014

1 Cor 11
29: For any one who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment upon himself.

God bless you Robert.

RobertMazar said:
thessalonian said:
Robert,

You really have a non functioning brain, are incapable of logical and analytical thinking and are being guided by Satan into believing that all Catholic doctrine and the entire Mass is scriptural. If you had a functioning brain, were capable of logical and analytical thinking and were not being guided by Satan then you would cease believing in the unscriptural Catholic doctrines and the unscriptural parts to the Mass. I am not going to refrain from receiving the bread and the cup of wine at Mass because seeing as Christ does not recognize the belief that the bread and wine are the actual body and blood of Christ then it is not a sacralidge if I receive the bread and the cup of wine. :smt014
Mark this day down on a calender somewhere. A Roman Catholic and I agree on something!!!!!!
ban_dance01.gif
hfsme032.gif
party01.gif
tiere040.gif
LolLolLolLol.gif

thessalonian said:
Robert,

Careful there Robert...This is the first step to having the CC take away your salvation... :wink:

RobertMazar said:
I am not and never have been a Protestant because I was not Baptized and raised Protestant and I do not attend or belong to any Protestant Church. I was Baptized and raised Catholic and I attend Mass every weekend and I am on the membership roll of the local Catholic Church and thus there is nothing else that I can be but Catholic. And I did not state that the entire Mass is unscriptural. There are scriptural parts to the Mass. The unscriptural parts to the Mass are:
(1)The belief that the Mass is a sacrifice in the statement "May the Lord
accept this sacrifice at your hands, for the praise and glory of His name,
for our good and the good of all His church".
(2)The statement "We acknowledge one Baptism for the forgiveness of
sins".
(3)The statement "and I ask blessed Mary ever virgin and all the angels
and saints"
(4)The mention during the Eucharistic Prayer of the intercession of the
Virgin Mary and the Saints.
(5)The belief that the bread and wine are the actual body and blood of
Christ.
:smt021
Robert, none of what you first said matters! If you have received Jesus in your heart and are truly saved and now see as God has opened your eyes that the Catholic church is a circus, GET OUT. Satan's keeping you in bondage. God is convicting you and you won't listen. This is very obvious. You are free to leave the Catholic church! You will grow in Christ.

And as for your #1-5....boy that brings back memories for me when I was attending mass EVERY SINGLE WEEK. It is planted deep into my brain, unfortunately, as it has been recited over and over and over again. They brainwash people by "programming" them with their evil chanting.

ThreeInOne said:
Robert, none of what you first said matters! If you have received Jesus in your heart and are truly saved and now see as God has opened your eyes that the Catholic church is a circus, GET OUT. Satan's keeping you in bondage. God is convicting you and you won't listen. This is very obvious. You are free to leave the Catholic church! You will grow in Christ.

And as for your #1-5....boy that brings back memories for me when I was attending mass EVERY SINGLE WEEK. It is planted deep into my brain, unfortunately, as it has been recited over and over and over again. They brainwash people by "programming" them with their evil chanting.
You have got some nerve stating that I am being kept in bondage by Satan. If I have dispensed with the unscriptural RCC doctrines and the unscriptural parts to the Mass and only adhere to the scriptural RCC doctrines and only participate in the scriptural parts to the Mass then I am not in bondage. Why should I leave the RCC and join a Fundamentalist Protestant Church? I will still gain entrance into Heaven even if I do not leave the RCC and do not join a Fundamentalist Protestant Church. Church membership is totally superfluous to gaining entrance into Heaven. And growing in Christ is not required for gaining entrance into Heaven. When everybody stands before Christ after they pass away He will not require for entrance into Heaven that everybody had belonged to a Fundamentalist Protestant Church, had grown in Him and had received Him as their Savior. The only thing that Christ will require for entrance into Heaven is that everybody had received Him as their Savior. :icecream:

RobertMazar said:
You have got some nerve stating that I am being kept in bondage by Satan. If I have dispensed with the unscriptural RCC doctrines and the unscriptural parts to the Mass and only adhere to the scriptural RCC doctrines and only participate in the scriptural parts to the Mass then I am not in bondage. Why should I leave the RCC and join a Fundamentalist Protestant Church? I will still gain entrance into Heaven even if I do not leave the RCC and do not join a Fundamentalist Protestant Church. Church membership is totally superfluous to gaining entrance into Heaven. And growing in Christ is not required for gaining entrance into Heaven. When everybody stands before Christ after they pass away He will not require for entrance into Heaven that everybody had belonged to a Fundamentalist Protestant Church, had grown in Him and had received Him as their Savior. The only thing that Christ will require for entrance into Heaven is that everybody had received Him as their Savior. :icecream:
I find it interesting that you were saved in your brother's non-denominational church and not the Roman Catholic church, and yet you remain where God could not reach you; in the Roman Catholic church.
Ask your brother why you should leave the Roman Catholic church. He will tell you that you will not grow in Christ there, nor will you have fellowship with other born again believers, as there are not many in the Roman Catholic ranks. You can choose to fellowship and worship were you choose, but it may be against God's will. You will have to take that up with Him.

RobertMazar said:
I'd rather have you tell me I've got some nerve rather than say "why didn't you tell me?" someday.
Robert, I wouldn't have bothered posting to you but God wanted me to reach out to you. For some reason you won't let go. Maybe it's your pride.
Now, you say all you need is salvation to gain entrance into heaven...aren't you concerened about your rewards at all? Yes, if you are saved, you are going to heaven but you simply can't grow in Christ at a church that teaches one big fat lie after another. You say you only adhere to the scriptural parts of the mass. Which is what? I can't think of anything that church does that is scriptural, other than believing in the Trinity and that he was born of a virgin. They are all about tradition and man-made ideas with the bible having little to no authority there. She is the whore that Revelation speaks of.
I also agree with what you said about what church we go to has nothing to do with our entrance into heaven. I also don't believe that just one certain denomination will get you there, either. God is not of denominationalizm. He judges personally each individual's heart.
Do you realize you are supporting a church that Satan is the god of? You're supporting it spiritually and probably monetarily. That's why I say you are in bondage. Satan's guilting you into staying there. He probably tells you that's where your roots are and that you'll look real stupid if you leave now. I'm sure he convinces you that you don't want to be at one of those bible-believing churches because its members are nothing but hypocrites. News flash: people will always let you down but Jesus Christ won't!

Just think about it, Robert. Or at least try to go to a bible believing church along with your catholic church and see where you grow. What a great witness you'll be the day those chains come off!
All you're concerned about is gaining entrance and nothing else. No care for growing, learning or doing God's Will.

You're in my prayers, Robert.

ThreeInOne said:
I'd rather have you tell me I've got some nerve rather than say "why didn't you tell me?" someday.
Robert, I wouldn't have bothered posting to you but God wanted me to reach out to you. For some reason you won't let go. Maybe it's your pride.
Now, you say all you need is salvation to gain entrance into heaven...aren't you concerened about your rewards at all? Yes, if you are saved, you are going to heaven but you simply can't grow in Christ at a church that teaches one big fat lie after another. You say you only adhere to the scriptural parts of the mass. Which is what? I can't think of anything that church does that is scriptural, other than believing in the Trinity and that he was born of a virgin. They are all about tradition and man-made ideas with the bible having little to no authority there. She is the whore that Revelation speaks of.
I also agree with what you said about what church we go to has nothing to do with our entrance into heaven. I also don't believe that just one certain denomination will get you there, either. God is not of denominationalizm. He judges personally each individual's heart.
Do you realize you are supporting a church that Satan is the god of? You're supporting it spiritually and probably monetarily. That's why I say you are in bondage. Satan's guilting you into staying there. He probably tells you that's where your roots are and that you'll look real stupid if you leave now. I'm sure he convinces you that you don't want to be at one of those bible-believing churches because its members are nothing but hypocrites. News flash: people will always let you down but Jesus Christ won't!

Just think about it, Robert. Or at least try to go to a bible believing church along with your catholic church and see where you grow. What a great witness you'll be the day those chains come off!
All you're concerned about is gaining entrance and nothing else. No care for growing, learning or doing God's Will.

Now this is a HS inspired post...Praise God!

ThreeInOne said:

You stated that you can not think of any scriptural parts to the Mass? Well that is because you have a non functioning brain and are incapable of logical and analytical thinking. The scriptural parts to the Mass are:
(1)The Apostles and Nicene Creeds(Except for the part "We acknowledge
Baptism for the forgiveness of sins").
(2)The Gloria Prayer
(3)Sign Of The Cross(Luther retained the practice of making the Sign Of The
Cross in the Lutheran Church. Luther was Born Again and if he thought
the Sign Of The Cross was not scriptural then he would not have retained
it in the Lutheran Church.).
(4)The Penitential Rite(The I Confess To Almighty God Prayer)(Except for
the statement "and I ask blessed Mary ever virgin and all the angels and
saints").
(5)Readings from the Bible
(6)The Lord's Prayer
(7)Prayers to Christ
(8)The Eucharistic Prayer(Except for the mention of the intercession of the
Virgin Mary and the Saints) that contains the words of Christ from the
Last Supper.

And Satan is not the god of the RCC because the Apostles and Nicene Creeds state "We believe in one God, Father Almighty, maker of Heaven and earth". If I have dispensed with the unscriptural RCC doctrines and the unscriptural parts to the Mass then I am not in bondage to Satan. I am not being guilted by Satan into remaining in the RCC. The reason that I am choosing to remain in the RCC is that I am more comfortable with the liturgical worship of the RCC then the non liturgical worship services of Fundamentalist Protestant Churches. Another reason that I am choosing to remain in the RCC is so that I can attend church on Saturday Vigil instead of on Sunday morning in order to do other things on Sunday like laying around until going out to lunch and shopping. And I do not consider indidividuals at mots Fundamentalist Protestant Churches to be hypocrites. And who says that if someone does not grow in Christ that they will not gain entrance into Heaven? And yes I am only concerned about gaining entrance into Heaven because that was the whole reason why Christ had to be crucified on the Cross so that mankind could go to Heaven after they pass away. :tongueainting:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back