Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

Charismatic Bible Studies - 1 Peter 1:1-5, Part 1

Theological discussions for another thread some day. :)

Btw, I do wonder about shows of affection in eternity. The mansion and the house by the sea and all that quite honestly won't mean much to me without a companion. Maybe we all treat each other like companions, since scripture states we will know even as we are known, but I wanna live with someone. I don't wanna live alone in Heaven. I think it will still hold true that it is not good for a man to be alone.
When I read that Paul recommended living single, I took him at his word, and determined to remain single. In the end, I changed my mind, and found myself remaining single for about 12 years! I didn't like it, and I don't understand Paul in the way I once did! ;)

So I understand being alone, and having to travel distances to have quality friends--they aren't super-abundant! But you have to accept the ones God gives you--they turn out to be special.

I do agree that without companionship life is meaningless. Jesus isn't going to spread himself out across billions of people at one time! ;) So I think the enjoyment of fellowship will be much greater, and some kind of spiritual intimacy will be much greater. :)

I don't think we're allowed to know too much, or we'd all commit suicide on the spot! Just kidding....

I do agree that without companionship life is meaningless. Jesus isn't going to spread himself out across billions of people at one time! ;) So I think the enjoyment of fellowship will be much greater, and some kind of spiritual intimacy will be much greater. :)

This is really well put : ) :thumb

1. What things came to your mind in reading this study? Do you believe we will truly have mansions in Heaven, or is it just what you regard to be a more materialistic interpretation of things "too good to be true"?
Well. Reading through this study. It was very emotional. I found myself crying a bit, especially in the 2nd post. Perhaps because it portrays the beauty and mercy in how well we are recieved in heaven, and i see how undeserving i am.

There is a poetic saying from a song that someone thought stars were just holes to heaven. I kept thinking that as i read, and i believe these visions are holes to heaven. I believe them.
2. Are you the type who likes spending time with children and animals? If so, what would you enjoy most about being in their company?
I do enjoy being with them. They have a perspective that is unblemished from the constructs of society, and i adore that about them. Its like i can learn from them in a way, how they see the world, and they dont judge me like a lot of adults do.
3. If you could spend time with anyone in eternity, who would it be? Friends, family, animals, angels, children, prophets, the Lord Himself (as much as possible) or maybe other Bible characters you know from history?
all of the above. Even people i didnt know from earth im sure will be a gift to be around. Biblically im fond of king david, jacobs son joseph and saul of tarsus. But ill have all eternity and i will be close to everyone there :)
4. Scripture says He gives us the desires of our hearts, so what would your ultimate dream home be like in Heaven? Post pictures of the kind of mansion, rooms, furnishings etc. you'd like to have in your home in eternity.
on this earth my home is a place of solitude for the most part. I dont believe my dwelling in heaven will cater to seclusion. I believe it will be a place of serving others as opposed to serving myself, in whatever fashion that may be, it will invite the community of heaven.

I really dont know what i want. The Lord knows best :)

I believe it will be a place of serving others as opposed to serving myself, in whatever fashion that may be, it will invite the community of heaven.

I dream of this as well, especially with a partner, and they do say you can live with whoever you would like if they agree to live with you. But I want to live a life on earth that pleases God and ministers to many people, even after I die and go on to be with Him. I want to touch many people's lives in a positive way, so that in eternity we are able to have parties and get togethers and events in my home, and hopefully everyone will want to be there and join us.

So much different than the way my earthly life went, where I never could afford to do such things, and didn't really have the spiritual family to do it with even if I had.

Thanks for your post, Brandon. It was a blessing. :thumb

Back