Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christ and His church are one!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so only honor and veneration
Worship involves offering sacrifice and adoration and propitiation
Please answer my question. I will ask it again. How do you justify these pictures I showed you in post #71?
Here we have Mary, Dagon and Ra being bowed down to and worshiped.

Please show us the scripture for this as no one is to be reverenced, honored and bowed down to as our devotion is to the Lord, not a man or a woman.
1 Samuel 12:24; Matthew 23:8-12; Acts 10:34-43; Hebrews 5:7; 12:28-29; Ephesians 5:21
Jn 1:16

One Mediator does not exclude other ministers and intercession prayer.

Romans 15:25
But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints.

1 Corinthians 16:15
I beseech you, brethren, (ye know the house of Stephanas, that it is the firstfruits of Achaia, and that they have addicted themselves to the ministry of the saints,)

2 Corinthians 8:4
Praying us with much intreaty that we would receive the gift, and take upon us the fellowship of the ministering to the saints

Ephesians 6:18
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Hebrews 6:10
For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

Revelation 5:8
And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

Revelation 8:3
And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.

Revelation 8:4
And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.

Communion with of all members of Christ!

1 Corinthians 10:16
The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

2 Corinthians 13:14
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

Ephesians 1:18
The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Ephesians 2:19
Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Galatians 6:10
As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Called to be Saints!

Romans 1:7
To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:2
Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

Holy Nation!

1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Prayers for all the Saints!

Ephesians 6:18
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Glorified in His Saints!

2 Thessalonians 1:10
When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

All the Saints are alive in Christ and pray for each other!

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Rev 5:8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

Rev 8:3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.
4 And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.

Throne of Divine a Grace!

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Following verses show there are thrones other than God’s throne!

2 Samuel 7:13
He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

Matthew 19:28
And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

If there is some kind of worship it’s not the catholic faith but the apostasy that began in the Vatican 2 era

I do not kneel before my bed. I kneel beside my bed (sometimes) but kneel before my God (who is everywhere). Usually when I pray I am not near my bed: I am driving, or shopping, or taking a walk in the woods, or typing messages on this forum. It is not the bed, or the computer, or the car (etc.) that is being honored. It is God to whom I am giving honor and glory.
:thumbsup

That would lack reverence for the sacred, what about a crucifix?
You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.
Exodus 20:4 NIV

You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.
Exodus 20:4 NIV
In order to worship as a god
It is the worship that is forbbiden not the images, 1st commandment
God alone may be worshiped
God explicitly commanded Moses to build the ark with cheribims
Exodus 25:20
And the cherubims shall stretch forth their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces shall look one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims be.
And the bronze serpent
Numbers 21:8
And the Lord said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.

The second council of nicea 8 century condemned the iconoclast
Images are not forbidden

Good luck living the perfect righteous life in order to earn your salvation. Where is that taught in Scripture?
Where’s faith alone?
1 cor 1:2 all faith without charity avails nothing
Matt 5 the merciful obtain mercy
Lk 7:47
1 pet 4:8
Phil 1:29
James 2:24
Many more

That would lack reverence for the sacred, what about a crucifix?
The fact that those things are "sacred" to you makes them idols. Those things are nothing to me, so I would have no problem throwing them in the trash, or stepping on them in the street. They are meaningless to my honor and reverence to the one true God.

The fact that those things are "sacred" to you makes them idols. Those things are nothing to me, so I would have no problem throwing them in the trash, or stepping on them in the street. They are meaningless to my honor and reverence to the one true God.
You’re mother is sacred to you, is she an idol, do you worship her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back