Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christ applies redemption as well!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Sanctified by the Will of God

Many today in mans religion are wilfully unaware of this Gospel fact, that those sinners Christ died for, are by His Death, and by the Will of God, Sanctified once for all.

Heb 10:5-10

Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 6 in burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure. 7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. 8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; 9 then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

The word sanctified here is the greek word
hagiazó and means:

I make holy, treat as holy, set apart as holy, sanctify, hallow, purify

to regard as special (sacred), i.e. holy ("set apart"), sanctify. See 40 (hagios).

The word is also in the perfect tense which means:

The perfect tense in Greek corresponds to the perfect tense in English, and describes an action which is viewed as having been completed in the past, once and for all, not needing to be repeated.

This is the case for every sinner Christ died for. And this is not the case for all sinners without exception. 57

Another accomplishment of Christ's death involving the atonement is this: It gives an inheritance !

The Death of Christ, is actually the death of the testator, and it activates Covenant Blessings upon them He died for ! Heb 9:14-17

How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

16For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

The eternal inheritance is eternal life. Its what Paul means here Gal 3:18

For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise

And Peter meant here 1 Pet 1:4

To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

What Moses meant here Gen 17:8

And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

The word possession in that verse is the hebrew word achuzzah

possession by right of inheritance, Like Num 27:7

The daughters of Zelophehad speak right: thou shalt surely give them a possession of an inheritance among their father's brethren; and thou shalt cause the inheritance of their father to pass unto them

Ezk 46:16

Thus saith the Lord GOD; If the prince give a gift unto any of his sons, the inheritance thereof shall be his sons'; it shall be their possession by inheritance.

So the death of Christ bequeaths an inheritance upon them He died for ! That inheritance is inclusive of eternal life ! 58

It takes away sins

One of the Great Blessings of the death of Christ, which applies to all for whom He died, and is the primary reason why His Death alone saved them, it's the fact that His Death took away their sins! They can't die in their sins as these may Jn8:24 !

He was manifested to take away our sins, if we're believers 1 Jn 3:5

And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

John here is writing to the Children of God, not all mankind. And Christ death results in salvation from their sins, because He took them away.

The writer of Hebrews taught this when contrasting the Death of Christ versus the death of the old covenant sacrifices Heb 10:4

For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:

But Christ death alone did, and by His offering of Himself, He sanctified and Perfected forever them He died for Heb 10:10,14! That is what taking away sins accomplished for all whom He died!

Life out of His Death!

Jn 6:33

For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

What religionists don't know is that the death of Christ gives life to the world He died for, the world of God's Sheep.

Remember when Christ said this Jn 10:10

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

The They are his sheep Vs 11

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

And that is the same World in Jn 6:33

Life comes to them, that world as a result of His Death as their Shepherd.

It accomplished the appeasement of Gods Wrath!

People, for the whole world of persons that Christ died for, His Death for them did propitate Gods Wrath for them 1 Jn 2:1-2. God has no more wrath for them. Therefore, where the scripture speaks of people being under Gods Wrath Jn 3:36

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

So reasonably concluding, the ones that believes not, and are under Gods Wrath, can't be any Christ died for.

Hath Perfected them forever!

One of the Blessings of the Death of Christ, applied to every sinner He offered Himself for, they are by His Death alone "Perfected forever"

Heb 10:14

For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

So His one offering saved them, they can't be lost forever,58

Hath Perfected them forever!2

Now because it's a fact that sinners Christ died for are perfected forever, a truth that only God given Faith can receive,none of them can or will ever come into condemnation!

It brings us to God !

Even though the religious unbelieving world can't and doesn't believe this, one of the effects of the atoning death of Christ is to bring chosen sinners to God 1 Peter 3:18

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

That word bring is the greek word prosagó and means:
Definition: I bring to, bring near; I come to or towards, approach.
Its the same word Jesus uses here Jn 10:16

King James Bible
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

He brings them by the power and effect of His Death. That is why the writer of Hebrews writes they come to God by Him Heb 7:25
Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

It saved them from the penalty of their sins!

False religion can't accept this tremendous Gospel Truth which is this, every sinner Christ died for, or tasted death for, they have been saved from the penalty of their sins, Heb 1:3
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

This purging of their sins is a completed perfect work Deut 32:4!

The word purge here is the greek word katharismos:
cleansing, purifying, purification, literal, ceremonial, or moral; met: expiation.
a cleansing from the guilt of sins

That is the guilt they contracted in Adam, and then their own personal sins guilt! The guilt acquired by sinning against Gods moral law. The Penal law has been satisfied for them by His God Honoring purging Death! 59

It purges the conscience from dead works to serve the Living God !

Folks this is the result , effect of Christ shedding His Blood! This verse condemns all false religions and Gospels that don't acknowledge the Saving Converting results of Christ Death/Blood alone Heb 9:14

How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? 60

It makes men free indeed !

Jn 8:36

36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Jesus here is speaking here of the effects, consequences of His Death, and it alone, and nothing of what a man does, but men are passive and strictly recipients of His action of making them free. This Truth is denied in false religion today, the antichrist gospels !

The Son here is Jesus Christ Himself, the Son of God, yeah even God the Son, the Word of God Jn 1:1. The word make denotes Christ's Sovereignty, His Power, and therewith He makes men free.

The words "shall make you free" eleuthero does mean:

1. to make free
  2. set at liberty: from the dominion of sin

Christ makes those He died for free from the dominion of sin, or unbelief. By nature men as sinners are under the power, dominion of sin and unbelief, we are sold under sin by nature Rom 7:14

For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. Sold under the control, dominion of sin, under the authority of it.

Remember the Elect Vessels of Mercy were given to be under the control, prison of unbelief Rom 11:32

For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

What does it mean to be concluded "by God" in unbelief ? It means to be under the power, prison, control of unbelief, this is the case of all men by nature, elect and non elect !

The word concluded sugkleió means to make subject to, by nature God has made all men subject to unbelief,

being under domination, control, or influence of unbelief ! Now this is what the Son receives credit for, in making them free from it, for whom He died !

They are made free from Spiritual Darkness:

properly, set free, release from bondage; (figuratively) to remove the restrictions of sin (darkness) because delivered by God into true spiritual liberty (growth)

By nature men are not only in darkness of which the elect are called out of 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Col 1:13

Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Paul writes that we were sometimes darkness Eph 5:8

For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

But now, those Christ died for are made free from darkness, even spiritual darkness. If anyone Christ died for isn't delivered from darkness, His death failed its power and purpose ! 61

It made them free from the Law !

Rom 7:1-4

Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

The Body of Christ, His Church which He Loved and gave Himself for Eph 5:25, which are Gods Chosen Eph 1:4, they were made free from the obligation of the Law. The word free in Jn 8:36 eleutheros means:

free, delivered from obligation.

Its the same word Paul uses in Rom 7:3 regarding the liberated wife

So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

Which he writes to show forth how that those Christ died for became free or dead to the Law in Rom 7:4

Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

The word dead here, the greek word thanatoó:

I put to death, subdue; pass: I am in danger of death, am dead to, am rid of, am parted from.

by death to be liberated from the bond of anything (literally, to be made dead in relation to

So they become liberated from the law, which ordinarily, by nature in the flesh, all men are bound to the law ! Rom 7:1

Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

Gal 5:3

For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

So they have been made free from the Laws curse and condemnation because of sin, 1 Cor 15:56

The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law

The atonement, the death of Christ ensures sanctification through the truth Jn 17:19

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through/in the truth.

Jesus here speaking as the High Priest of His People, of His Death as High Priest and Offering, stated a grand purpose , aim for which He sanctified Himself for, which sanctification denotes His death, it was in order that, those He acted in behalf of, might be sanctified through or in the Truth !

Christ's death cannot be in vain or without purpose, for it must accomplish certain objectives. This one clearly stated is the sanctification in the Truth. This is answered whenever the Spirit sets apart one of the chosen ones unto belief of the Truth 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

This also agrees with Pauls writings to the Ephesians here Eph 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it[As High Priest];

26 That [hina of purpose] he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Now for anyone Christ died, does not obtain this purpose of being sanctified in the Truth, an efficasious Work of the Spirit, then Christ's death failed to meet one of its grand purposes. How many today would teach us falsely that many for whom Christ died never are sanctified in the Truth, which denotes belief of the Truth, out of unbelief ?

Two Gifts of Gods Grace to sinners Christ died for !

Two things Christ has accomplished for every sinner He Lived and died for, the election of grace, or His Body the Church before they do anything, before they are born even, are these:

#1 Forgiveness of sins and or pardon of sins Eph 1:7

In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; A Gift of Grace !

as a gift or blessing brought to man by Jesus Christ,

And second, A Gift of Righteousness freely imputed to them Rom 5:17

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

They received it by Imputation, thats what makes it a free gift, Rom 4:6

Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

This is the Righteousness of the Law Rom 8:3-4

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

This means that Christ kept the totality of the righteousness of the law required by God for man, all men He did it for have it imputed to their charge, as a free gift ! 61

Destroyed The devils power of death

Heb 2:14

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

The devil had power over death, to include spiritual death. Its he that brought about the fall of Adam, causing him to sin, which wages is death Rom 5:12

12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

That's why Jesus calls the devil a murderer Jn 8:44

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Now as long as we are spiritually dead, we are under the devils power, cause he has power of death, though he's defeated, but his defeat by Christ is made manifest when we are made Spiritually alive. You see if any sinner Christ died for remains in spiritual death, then the devil has the victory over Christ, and many deceivers are in the world saying sinners Christ died for will remain in spiritual death !

It turns us from our sins,iniquities !

Remember Peter preached to some jews these words Acts 3:25-26

25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Now even though at the specific time Peter was speaking to jews, people of Abrahams physical seed, the Blessing announced was not to be limited to them, for the promised blessing[ turning from sin] was of the Abrahamic Covenant and included " all the kindreds of the earth" See Gen 22:18

And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice. This was a restating of what God hath promised Abraham earlier here Gen 12:3

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Wherein Paul applies it specifically to the Gentles Gal 3:8

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

So understand, the Blessing of individuals being turned from their sins as Peter Preached in Acts 3:25-26 was not exclusively to jewish ethnicity,but did include some of the Gentile World, those of the Spiritual Seed of Abraham. Next we will look at the specific Blessing Promised and delivered by the Christ, the Seed of Abraham, a being turned from their sins,iniquities !

Acts 3:26

26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Now just exactly what is this turning away from iniquity ? The words "turning away" its the greek

apostrephó
Phonetic Spelling: (ap-os-tref'-o)
Short Definition: I turn away, restore, reject
Definition: I turn away, pervert, remove; I restore, replace; mid: I desert, reject.

I turn, am converted, change, change my direction

In other words Christ converts us, causes to change our direction, Christ is the Author of this action. For example, remember the prodigal son when he did this Lk 15:17-18

17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,

This noticeable change of direction for this wayward son is the fruit of Christ's redemption in turning one from their iniquity

Christ was the Author by His powerful Grace working in the mind and heart of this son, of coming to his senses and arisng and going to his Father in repentance and confession . This illustrates the blessing conveyed in Acts 3:26!

It made believers free from sin !

The atoning death of Christ made believers dead to sin Rom 6:7

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

See every true believer, prior to becoming a believer, died when Christ died, so Pauls meaning here in Rom 6:3-6

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6 Knowing this, that our old man is[was past tense] crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

The sinner we were in Adam, with all of our sins was put to death with Christ as they were/had been charged to Him as our surety representative, so when He died, all whom He represented died.

Paul makes the same point here 2 Cor 5:14
14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

The ESV captures the original meaning of this verse here:

For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died;
The all Christ died for all died with Him !

So back to our text in Rom 6:7

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Now the word freed here is an interesting word and its a legal word, its the word dikaioó and means:

I make righteous, defend the cause of, plead for the righteousness (innocence) of, acquit, justify; hence: I regard as righteous.

The ASV captures the truth:
for he that hath died is justified from sin.

So everyone, all for whom Christ died have been Justified from sin, they stand just and righteous before Gods Law and Justice, as a free gift through Jesus Christ.
Those Christ died for never can be charged with sin Rom 4:8
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

This blessed man is everyone for whom Christ died !

Its an whole world of men 2 Cor 5:19

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Why doesnt God charge these ones with their sins ? Because they have died with Christ and have become freed from Sin Rom 6:7 ! 61

It the death of Christ, for those He died, He through His death redeemed them from all iniquity Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Hence, none for whom He died can be of these here Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Christ could never say those words to them He gave Himself for and redeemed them from all iniquity, for they have no iniquity to work !

Back