Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christ applies redemption as well!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It healed/saved them !2

Now what does the word healed mean in 1 Peter 2:24 ?

Well it's the greek word iaomai and means:
to make whole i. e. to free from errors and sins, to bring about (one's) salvation:

It or they, His stripes bring about or effects one's salvation!

Now what can be more plainer than that ?

John Poole writes in his comments on Isa 53:5 " with his stripes we are healed"
by his sufferings we are saved from our sins, and from the dreadful effects thereof.

And that is a true comment! Christ death alone saved them He died for from their sins and its effects, which is death, even the second death! 54

It makes them righteous and gives them heaven as their eternal life and inheritance.

The death of Christ alone for them He died for hath accomplished their being made righteous Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Only those against Christ deny this truth !

And having been made righteous, they shall shine forth in the eternal heavenly kingdom Matt 13:43
Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear

How come they to be the righteous ? By the One obedience of Christ Rom 5:19!

It brings us back to God, by healing our backsliding !

When it is taught/stated that by Christ's death alone, they who He died for are healed Isa 53:5

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. and

1 Pet
2:24

who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

That healing spiritually the Cross provides is manifested by the healed ones being returned back to God. Peter calls it #1 in the above scripture " that they should live unto righteousness"

#2. He calls it bring us back to God 1 Pet 3:18

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Thats what the healing effects. This is seen in Hos 14:4

I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.

The word heal here is the hebrew word rapha' and its the same word used in Isa 53:5

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed

And the word for backsliding in Hos 14:4 is the heb word mĕshuwbah and means:

1. turning away, turning back, apostasy, backsliding

Its the same word used here in Prov 1:32

For the turning away of the simple shall slay them

And man aposticized from God in adam, went a stray Isa 53:6

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

And its this estrangement from God that the Death of Christ healed, for the Sheep !

1 Pet 2:24-25

24 who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. 25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.
    Thats what the stripes of Christ accomplished, a returning to the Shepherd and Bishop of our souls. It heals our apostacy that started in Adam !

One writer writes about Christ death healing those He died for:

With His stripes we are healed " by His sufferings we are saved from our sins, and the dreadful effects thereof!"

Matthew Poole 55

Healing oft times denotes forgiveness of sins, for instance Ps 41:4; 103:3; and cp Eph 1:7, which coincides with Justification by His Blood Rom 3:24.

No Condemnation !

Its an contradiction to say that any for whom Christ died are already condemned as Per Jn 3:18

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

The reason why is simple according to Gospel principles, because condemnation and sin are conjoined, so in order for one to be condemned, their sins must be still charged upon them, and that cannot be the case with people Christ died for since their sins had been charged to Him, thats why He died 1 Cor 15:3. So its a great contradiction to say Christ died for ones sins, and they still be condemned, even if they are in unbelief, which is one of the sins Christ died for !55

No Condemnation !2

Those Christ died for cannot possibly be under condemnation while unbelievers, because as unbelievers /enemies, by His death they were reconciled to God Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies/unbelievers, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

That reconciliation cannot have taken place if we are under Gods condemnation as some are Jn 3:18

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Thats not applicable to unbelievers which Christ died for, no way !

It redeemed us to God !

Another Great Blessing that the Death of Christ accomplished for everyone He died for, His Elect Sheep and Church, it redeemed us to God ! Rev 5:9

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

Yes, His being slain alone redeemed them to God by His Blood, that plus nothing else ! That is why by His Death/Blood alone we were reconciled to God Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

This is denied by the antichrist crowd, which would tell us that which denotes that men are merely redeemable or reconcilable by Christs Death/Blood, which is a false gospel ! 56

Four blessings of the death of Christ !

1 Cor 6:11

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

This is how we know that Christ's death was not for all mankind without exception, though it was for men without distinction. Every sinner Christ died for, from it, they are # 1. Washed this is the greek word apolouó and it means:

I wash off, mid: I wash away (my sins, in baptism).

(from 575 /apó, "away from" and 3068 /loúō, "wash") – properly, wash away. This strengthened form of 3068 /loúō ("to wash") refers to an entire washing – the complete removal of sin and its debt.

It entails that every last one of them have been washed of their sins and sin debt before a Holy God. Its like when David said Ps 103:12

12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

to have washed away their sins, i. e. to have been cleansed from their sins.
Its what the writer of Hebrews means here Heb 1:3

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

See, when Christ died for the sins of the elect, He purged their sins. That word purge
katharismos also means:

a cleansing from the guilt of sins

They can never be guilty of their sins before God, lest Christ's death lost its power with God ! Also look at Rev 1:5

who by suffering the bloody death of a vicarious sacrifice cleansed us from the guilt of our sins, Revelation 1:5 !

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

When did He Love us and wash away our sins ? Was it when we became believers ? No, He Loved us from the foundation of the world, and He washed away our sins when Christ died, shed His Blood !

This He did for every sinner He died for ! They are not guilty of any sins before God ! 56

Four blessings of the death of Christ !2

Blessing #2 Sanctified ! Not only was every sinner Christ died for washed, but they were also Sanctified ! The word sanctified here in 1 Cor 6:11 is the greek word hagiazó: to make holy, consecrate, sanctify,hagiázō (from 40 /hágios, "holy") – to regard as special (sacred), i.e. holy ("set apart"), sanctify

His Death alone makes them Holy and sets them apart, separates them from the world,makes them sacred before God, because of Christ's Blood.

Its the same word and meaning the inspired writer of Hebrews uses here Heb 10:10

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. Yes, this is the same thing stated in 1 Cor 6:11, being sanctified by the death of Christ !

Once again Heb 13:12

12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

Notice how He sanctified the people, with His own Blood ! John Gill writes on this verse:

that he might sanctify the people with his own blood: by "the people" are meant the people who are the objects of divine love and favour; a chosen and covenant people; a distinct and peculiar people; Christ's own special people, by the gift of his Father to him: and the sanctification of them does not design the internal sanctification of them, though this is from Christ, and in consequence of his blood; nor does it so much regard the cleansing of the filth of sin, though Christ's blood sanctifies, in this sense; but rather the expiation of the guilt of sin, which Christ has fully took away; complete pardon being procured, and a perfect righteousness brought in:

Every sinner Christ died for, when they come into the world as enemies Rom 5:10, they have already been washed, sanctified by Christ's death ! This of course doesnt apply to all mankind without exception, the scripture doesnt support such a false hood ! 56

Four blessings of the death of Christ !3

Blessing # 3, those Christ died for, by His death alone they have been Justified 1 Cor 6:11

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

That word Justified is the greek word dikaioō an means :

1. to render righteous or such he ought to be
  2. to show, exhibit, evince, one to be righteous, such as he is and wishes himself to be considered
  3. to declare, pronounce, one to be just, righteous, or such as he ought to be

Its the verb form of the adjective dikaios which Paul uses in Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous/Justified.

And this being made righteous came as a direct result of the Obedience of Christ, His Person and Work.

Thats why Paul says in 1 Cor 6:11, these things happened in the name of the Lord Jesus, because they happened through His Person and Work for them !

Four blessings of the death of Christ !4

Now as we see in 1 Cor 6:11, there's listed 4 Blessings that flow from the death of Christ alone :

We looked at being washed, sanctified, and justified, but the 4th blessing is that of Justification, washing, Sanctification by the Spirit of Our God. In other words, those Christ died for will receive the Gift of the Spirit, for its an redemptive Gift for all whom Christ died for and redeemed by His Blood, Gal 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 56

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we[the redeemed] might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Paul states it again in Gal 4:4-6

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we[the redeemed] might receive the adoption of sons.

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

The Spirit after its sent into our hearts, so fulfilling the New Covenant Promise Ezk 36:25-27

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Notice the New Heart is given in Vs 26, then the Spirit is given within it, so states Gal 4:6

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

The Holy Spirit indwells the New Heart, not the old stony heart of nature, its taken away Ez 36:26

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

The stony heart of the flesh is the heart you and i have by nature towards God ! But alas, the Blessings of Christ's death remedies that problem !

Theres not one sinner Christ died for that has not been given #1 Washing, #2sanctification, #3Justification, and #4the Spirit of God

The accomplishments of Christ death !

The death of Christ accomplished the full salvation of all for whom He died. His Covenantal Death provides all things so that they He died for are converted to God by Him Rom 8:32

He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Now what are some of the all things He gives them He was delivered up for ?

He gives them Justification ! Rom 4:25

Who was delivered for[because of] our offences, and was raised again for[because of] our justification.

Thats right folks, those Christ died for, was delivered up for, gave them Justification. If it didnt, He would not have been raised again, and they He was delivered for would still be in their sins, charged against them. But His resurrection proves that He and they were Justified before God. The same Truth is in Rom 5:18

Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men [that He was delivered up for Rom 4:25;8:32] unto justification of life.

So everyone Christ died for, provided with Him, was their Justification to life !
Everyone born into the world as sinners and ungodly enemies, that Christ was delivered for, are born Justified regardless, by the righteousness of one !

The accomplishments of Christ death !2

He gives them Sanctification ! Heb 10:10

By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

The writer here says that the believers were sanctified through, by means of, on account of, the offering body of Christ, which simply means His death. Permanent Sanctification is effected for every sinner Christ died for. That means they are born already having been set apart for the Holy Service of God, even though they are as others , born sinners by nature Eph 2:1-3, they still have been sanctified by the death of Christ. Its like Jeremiah, He was sanctified by the purpose of God to be a prophet, before He was born Jer 1:5

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

However that did'nt prevent him from being born like all sinners by nature Eph 2:1-3

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Paul said he was like that when born a sinner, does he not apply Eph 2:3 to himself, for he uses the pronoun WE ? Yet instill he knows that he was set apart from his mothers womb Gal 1:15

But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

The word separated here means:

1. to appoint, set apart for some purpose

And so it is with every sinner Christ died for, His death sanctified them to the holy purpose of God, regardless of what they are by nature ! 57

The accomplishments of Christ death !3

It gives the both Faith and Repentance, Jesus as a Saviour gives Repentance Acts 5:31

Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Israel here is His Chosen People from amongst all peoples and ethnicities. Thats why its stated that He has granted repentance to the gentiles Acts 11:18

When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Then also it provides or gives Faith by Christ being a Saviour 2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

These things are accomplishments through the Work of Christ for all whom He died ! Else He wasnt their Saviour !

4 Things every sinner Christ died for are delivered from !

Inspite of the adversaries of truth, who would deprive Christ of His Glory for what He accomplished for chosen sinners, solely by His death alone, we have at least 4 things all sinners He died for are delivered from forever !

#1. All sinners Christ died for are delivered from the guilt and penalty of sin before God by His death alone ! Heb 1:3

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

This scripture proves that those Christ died for have had their sins purged . Now the word purged in the greek is
katharismos and means:

cleansing, purifying, purification, literal, ceremonial, or moral; met: expiation.

purification, which results from God removing undesirable admixtures (eliminating impurities)

a cleansing from the guilt of sins by the expiatory sacrifice of Christ

This is a deliverance from the guilt of their sins ! This automatically means they can never die in their sins as those in Jn 8:24 ! To die in their sins means they are guilty of them before Gods Law and Justice, which cannot be the case for them Christ died for and provided before Gods Law and Justice, purification of their sins !

And consequently, wheres theres no guilt for sin, there can be no penalty for the same !

Now those Christ died for, He shed His blood for Matt 26:28

For this is my blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

The shedding of His Blood provided before Gods law and Justice, the remission of sins for the many. The word remission, the greek word
aphesis means:

deliverance, pardon, complete forgiveness ,a sending away, a letting go, a release, pardon, complete forgiveness.

859 áphesis (from 863 /aphíēmi, "send away, forgive" ) – properly, "something sent away"; i.e. remission ("forgiveness"), releasing someone from obligation or debt.

remission of their penalty:

Which penalty is death Rom 6:23 ! So for instance, those we read about here Rev 21:8

ut the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
None of these sinners can be sinners Christ died for because He had delivered them through His Blood from the penalty of sin, which is death ! This also proves limited atonement, for if Christ had died for any of these that shall have part of the second death, it makes His Blood a Lie, His death a lie !57

#2 Those Christ died for were solely by His death delivered from the curse and damnation and damnation of the Law Gal 3:13

Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangs on a tree:

They were delivered from the curse of the law, simply by Christ being made a curse for them, again referring to His death alone !

#3. The third thing the death of Christ alone delivered them He died for from, the Wrath of God !

1 Thess 1:10

And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

His being raised from the dead, after having dying for our sins, signaled our being delivered from the wrath to come. Thats the day of wrath which is meant here Rev 6:16-17

and said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Job 21:30

That the wicked is reserved to the day of destruction? they shall be brought forth to the day of wrath.

Those of us He died for shall be saved from wrath Rom 5:9

Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.57

#4.The fourth thing the death of Christ alone delivered those He died for from is death, and that means death in all of its meanings found in the scripture. However one aspect of death God has permitted for a while according to His purpose, and that is physical death, but yet for the saints, them Christ died for, even it has been become a blessing, for unto them, as Paul once wrote, absent from the body, via physical death is to be present with the Lord 2 Cor 5:6,8

Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord

we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord

Paul calls it gain Phil 1:21

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

However there's a time coming , maybe sooner than later now, when even physical death shall come to nought, and some for whom Christ died shall not experience it, it is that Mystery Paul writes of here 1 Cor 15:51

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

Let me tell you a secret. Not all of us will die, but all of us will be changed— ISV

However Christ for them He died did abolish death 2 Tim 1:10

But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Understand something, Jesus is not your Saviour if He did not for you abolish death ! He appeared once for them He saved to put away sin for them Heb 9:26

For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

And consequently, by putting away sin, He put away the consequences of sin, death, for death is but the wages of sin Rom 6:23
For the wages of sin is death;
but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. And this by His death alone, He delivered us He died for from death ! 57

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back