Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christ applies redemption as well!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
"Believe"
"Have faith"
"Forgive others"
"Be baptized"
"Unless you repent..."
"Keep the commandments"
"If you continue in my word..."
"If you love me..."

These are all things Jesus instructed MAN to do.
There you go talking about what man does. My testimony here in this thread is about what God through Christ has done to redeem his people ! Lk 1:68

Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

There you go talking about what man does. My testimony here in this thread is about what God through Christ has done to redeem his people ! Lk 1:68

Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,
Who is Jesus addressing when He gives these commands?

"Believe"
"Have faith"
"Forgive others"
"Be baptized"
"Unless you repent..."
"Keep the commandments"
"If you love me..."

a. Himself
b. God the Father
c. Man

Who is Jesus addressing when He gives these commands?

"Believe"
"Have faith"
"Forgive others"
"Be baptized"
"Unless you repent..."
"Keep the commandments"
"If you love me..."

a. Himself
b. God the Father
c. Man
Im not talking about Christ giving commands, maybe you need to start a thread on that.

Im not talking about Christ giving commands, maybe you need to start a thread on that.
You are dodging.

Christ said to "believe", "have faith", "be baptized", "keep the commandments" etc. in order to be saved. Who did Christ direct these words to?

a. Himself
b. God the Father
c. Man

You are dodging.

Christ said to "believe", "have faith", "be baptized", "keep the commandments" etc. in order to be saved. Who did Christ direct these words to?

a. Himself
b. God the Father
c. Man
You are dodging and starting a rabbit trail. This thread is about what God through Christ has done, not what He commands.

Redemption must effect Translation !

Col 1:13-114

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

In this passage, Paul gives us the effect before the cause. The cause of the translation [transfer, remove from one place to another] from one Kingdom to another, is the Redemption and forgiveness of sins we have through His Blood Cp Eph 1:7

The word redemption of Col 1:14 is the greek word apolytrōsis and means [a releasing effected by payment of ransom]

Now this is important, for to release means:

to make over (land, property, etc.), as to another.

to free from confinement, bondage, obligation, pain, etc.; let go: to release a prisoner; to release someone from a debt.

And the word effected means:

something that is produced by an agency or cause; result;

to produce a result

So, the Redemption that is solely through Christ's Blood, it effects, or produces unto them Christ died and redeemed, it effects their release from satan to God, from darkness to light, from the kingdom of darkness unto the kingdom of God's Dear Son ! Acts 26:18

To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

This is the result and effect, a translation, of the Redemption of Christ's Blood. If anyone Christ died for does not be caused to Turn from Darkness to Light, from the Power of Satan unto God, then Christ's redemptive Blood failed its objective !

Christ's Blood Sanctifies !

I have posted this before, but it is impossible for Christ to have died for everyone without exception simply because, by His Blood or Death, or Offering, He has once and for all Sanctified all for whom He died ! Meaning by His Blood, they have been permanently set apart for the service of God ! Heb 10:10

10By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

The word sanctified here is the greek word Hagiazo and means:

to render or acknowledge, or to be venerable or hallow
to separate from profane things and dedicate to God
consecrate things to God

dedicate people to God
to purify
to cleanse externally
to purify by expiation: free from the guilt of sin
to purify internally by renewing of the soul

Folks Christ's Blood alone dedicates permanently those He died for to God, His service.

Thats why the writer in Heb wrote Heb 9:14

14How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

You see what the Blood of Christ did here ? It purges the conscience from dead works, to serve the Living God. Thats a must accomplishment for the Blood of Christ for everyone Christ died for or it has failed.

Also the word sanctified in Heb 10:10 its in the perfect tense which means:

The perfect tense in Greek corresponds to the perfect tense in English, and describes an action which is viewed as having been completed in the past, once and for all, not needing to be repeated.

Jesus' last cry from the cross, TETELESTAI ("It is finished!") is a good example of the perfect tense used in this sense, namely "It [the atonement] has been accomplished, completely, once and for all time."

No one Christ sanctified by His Death or Blood cannot become unsanctified, the only way that could be done is if Christ's Blood is no longer a factor before the Throne and Mercy Seat of God !

If we preach a Christ today who did not accomplish and sanctify everyone He died for permanently for the service of God, like here Rev 7:14-15

14And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

15Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

Then we preach another christ/gospel, and Paul said of such this Gal 1:8-9

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Christ's Blood Sanctifies !

I have posted this before, but it is impossible for Christ to have died for everyone without exception simply because, by His Blood or Death, or Offering, He has once and for all Sanctified all for whom He died ! Meaning by His Blood, they have been permanently set apart for the service of God ! Heb 10:10

10By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

The word sanctified here is the greek word Hagiazo and means:

to render or acknowledge, or to be venerable or hallow
to separate from profane things and dedicate to God
consecrate things to God

dedicate people to God
to purify
to cleanse externally
to purify by expiation: free from the guilt of sin
to purify internally by renewing of the soul

Folks Christ's Blood alone dedicates permanently those He died for to God, His service.

Thats why the writer in Heb wrote Heb 9:14

14How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

You see what the Blood of Christ did here ? It purges the conscience from dead works, to serve the Living God. Thats a must accomplishment for the Blood of Christ for everyone Christ died for or it has failed.

Also the word sanctified in Heb 10:10 its in the perfect tense which means:

The perfect tense in Greek corresponds to the perfect tense in English, and describes an action which is viewed as having been completed in the past, once and for all, not needing to be repeated.

Jesus' last cry from the cross, TETELESTAI ("It is finished!") is a good example of the perfect tense used in this sense, namely "It [the atonement] has been accomplished, completely, once and for all time."

No one Christ sanctified by His Death or Blood cannot become unsanctified, the only way that could be done is if Christ's Blood is no longer a factor before the Throne and Mercy Seat of God !

If we preach a Christ today who did not accomplish and sanctify everyone He died for permanently for the service of God, like here Rev 7:14-15

14And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

15Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

Then we preach another christ/gospel, and Paul said of such this Gal 1:8-9

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
There is not a single person that Christ hasn't died for. By His sacrifice He has paid the penalty for all sin for all time.

If you don't understand this you have missed the main point of the Gospel -- and Christianity itself.

John 3:16-17, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."

There is not a single person that Christ hasn't died for. By His sacrifice He has paid the penalty for all sin for all time.

If you don't understand this you have missed the main point of the Gospel -- and Christianity itself.

John 3:16-17, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."
Did you understand the post ?

Christ's Sanctification leads to the Spirit's Sanctification !

Its been seen from scripture that Christ's Sanctifies everyone He died for permanently, once and for all, that being the case, God the Holy Spirit must effect the partaking of that to each one Christ died for and Sanctified as well as did redeem, So He Sanctifies them also by Belief of the Truth 2 Thess 2:13

13But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

This is the Father's answer to Christ when He prayed this Jn 17:17-20

17Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

18As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

19And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

So He, the Holy Spirit makes us meet for the reception of God's Truth, that we may be of those who receive the word of the Kingdom upon good ground and bear fruit Matt 13:23

But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Many people shall hear the word publicly but will not understand it, because if they are not spiritual, they cannot understand the things of God, its foolishness to them. Now for it to be judged foolishness by them, they must did publicly hear it to make that assessment of it !

That word understandeth in Matt 13:23 is a type of Understanding men do not have by nature, for it is the same word Paul uses of those dead in sin Rom 3:11

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

None means no not one, so if one does understand the word in Matt 13:23, that one had been made meet by the Sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit, which person had been sanctified before by the Death or Blood of Christ ! Heb 10:10

You wrote this: "it is impossible for Christ to have died for everyone without exception simply because, by His Blood or Death." That is contrary to Scripture, as I wrote previously. Am I missing something?
Apparently you are missing something. Reread the entire post, I always give reason from scripture for making a statement.

The Good News !

The Good News is this, Thats Christ has saved that which was Lost Lk 19:10

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

When He said this Jn 19:30

30When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

He had did that which the Father gave Him to do Jn 17:4-5

4I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

5And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

And that was to seek and to save His Body the Church, for He is the Saviour of the Body, His Body Per Eph 5:23 !

That same body is also Israel, the only Israel that matters , His Seed. For Christ is the True Israel servant of God Isa 49:3 ; Ex 4:22

He is the True Israel that Glorifies God Isa 49:3

3And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified. Now cp with Jn 17:4

4I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

This is Israel of Isa 49:3 bringing to pass what was then foretold He would do !

Now if He be the True Israel, and His Body the Church is One with Him, then they also be Israel, and brings to pass the salvation of His Body Israel, for it is written Isa 45:17

But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

And it is Finished, he saved that which was Lost !

I have overcome the World, Be of good cheer !

Jn 16:33

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Now why should one be of good cheer for Christ's overcoming the world ; if they have no share in it ? Ah but the fact of the matter is this, that all for whom Christ died and rose again, partake in this overcoming, because He did it primarily as Their Head and Representative, so if it's His overcoming. it's His Body's also ! Everyone Christ died for will be given overcoming Faith, that also overcomes the world 1 Jn 5:4

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Where does our faith come from here ? Why it is born of God !

You see Christ by the Gift of His Spirit is the Author and Finisher of Our Faith ! Our being everyone He died for ! This Faith that flows to us from Him by the communication of the Holy Spirit, hath overcome the World, and each person He died for will receive a New Birth of the Spirit because of His Resurrection from the Dead 1 Pet 1:3

3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Now vain religionists who are proud, believe that the Faith that gives the victory over the world and overcomes it, is from their own freewill ability, and not born of God's Spirit, for they are boasters and proud, and take the crown from Christ, and arrogantly crown their own selves and freewill for such a great achievement !

But the overcoming Faith, that overcomes the world, Has Christ as it's Author and Finisher, and flows From Him the Head, to all His Members that He represented ! So they become overcomer's and victorious because He did in their behalf !

He hath destroyed the works of the devil !

1 Jn 3:8

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

The Lord Jesus Christ through His Death ALONE, hath destroyed the works of the devil, for those He died for. This was foretold eon's ago here Gen 3:15

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head [destroy], and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Yes the bruising of the serpent's [satan, the devil] head is exactly what Christ did accomplish Heb 2:14

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Now death has been abolished in regards to everyone Christ died for, and who is believing, and this is brought to light by the Gospel 2 Tim 1:9-10

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Those who are believing the Gospel of God's Grace, is evidence that Christ abolished Death on their behalf, that He destroyed the work of the devil regarding them. Now one of the symptoms of or effects of spiritual death and the devil's power over one, is Unbelief of the Gospel, for Unbelief is work of the Devil, scripture most certainly declares that 2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god[Satan] of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

The lost natural man just simply cannot believe the Gospel and why ? "the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not," this is one of the works of the devil ! So yes, unbelief of the Gospel of God's Sovereign Grace is not believed by all those that the work of the devil prevails against. See Also Matt 13:19 ! He by spiritual death blinds their minds in unbelief ! But how so to those whom Christ has died for, and consequently hath destroyed the works of the devil ? I must testify, that it is impossible for anyone Christ died for, should remain in unbelief ! They shall one Day Live by Faith after having the Gospel Reveal to them the Righteousness of God Rom 1:16-17. Folks for if that could happen, that one Christ died for lives their whole Life in unbelief of the Gospel, if that happens, then the work of the devil prevailed against one for whom Christ died, he prevailed over His Victorious Death that should have destroyed his works, yes if one soul that Christ died for, dies in unbelief or is found in Gospel Unbelief when He returns, like these will be 2 Thess 1:8, then Christ's Death did not destroy the works of the devil. But alas, it is a fact, all those who do die in unbelief, or are in unbelief when Christ Returns, then Christ did not die for them, simple as that !

Back