Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christ applies redemption as well!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Even as Christ Loved the Church for what purpose ?

Eph 5:25,26,27

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Now the Church that Christ Loved and gave Himself for, is a World of Individuals, and He had a purpose to effect in doing it, for it was not for nought or chance that He Loved them and Gave Himself , but it was for the purpose of the following results to be accomplished, beginning in Vs 26 with the Hina purpose clause indicator which means :

in order that, so that.

hína (a subordinating conjunction) – for the purpose that (in order that), looking to the aim (intended result) of the verbal idea. 2443 /hína ("for the purpose that") is "the semantically marked (dramatic) way of expressing purpose in Greek (as compared for example to the plain infinitive)" (G. Archer).
That purpose and result being Vs 26

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

This speaks to sanctification or being set apart, it speaks of cleansing. The word for cleanse is the greek word katharizó:

I cleanse, make clean, literally, ceremonially, or spiritually, according to context.

So Vs 26 plainly tells us what purpose Christ's death effects unto the Church, its sanctification and cleansing by the Blood and Word !

Now listen, if that effect does not come into realization for all the members of His Body the Church, then quite frankly, the Loving it and giving Himself for it, does fail the Divine Purpose !

The blood of Jesus Christ cleanseth us from all sin !

1 Jn 1:7

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Good News if Christ died for us, shed His Blood for us, if so, the promise is this" The blood of Jesus Christ cleanseth us from all sin !"

Its no ifs, buts or maybes if indeed He shed His Blood for us, even if when we walk without the knowledge of it and walk in darkness to it !

Who is the Us here that the blood of Christ cleanses from ALL SIN ?

Again, its everyone Christ shed His Blood for, it cleanses them from all sin; Its the same blessed Truth taught here Heb 1:3

3 Who[His Son] being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

Now before He sat down, it is stated that He, BY HIMSELF purged our sins

That word purge in the original katharismos:

I.a cleansing, purification, a ritual purgation or washing
A.
of the washing of the Jews before and after their meals

B.
of levitical purification of women after childbirth

C.
a cleansing from the guilt of sins wrought by the expiatory sacrifice of Christ

And its the same word found in 1 Jn 1:7

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. Here its just in the verb form whereas above its the Noun form !

And this goes to prove, that all for whom He died, shed His Blood in behalf of, His Blood cleansed them from all sin, which legally absolved them from all sin, condemnation, guilt and penalty before God's Law and Justice, therefore by virtue of His Blood alone, they are Justified from all things, and are totally dead to the Law, by the Body of Christ, when this is True, no sin can be imputed, because the strength of sin is out of the Law 1 Cor 15:56

The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

This also means that all for whom the Blood was shed must be delivered out of all kinds of death ! 22

Christ's Covenant Death delivered from death !

Christ's Covenant Death, delivered all for whom He died from/out of death, hell the second death, remember the Covenant Heads words here Rev 1:18

18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Also Matt 5:22,29,30; 10:28; 18:9;23:33, hence none for whom Christ died can be cast into hell. His death for them, a Covenant death, and its the blood of the Covenant Zech 9:11

11 As for thee also, by the blood of thy covenant I have sent forth thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water.

The same blood as here Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament or covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Remission of sins by the Covenant blood is remission of death, for death is but the wages of sin Rom 6:23a

Christ's victorious Covenant Death and Blood hath won for all He died, the Many a abolishment of death, which should bring their immortality to light through the Gospel 2 Tim 1:10

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

That word abolish means to:

I.to render idle, unemployed, inactivate, inoperative
A.
to cause a person or thing to have no further efficiency

B.
to deprive of force, influence, power

Death can no more reign over them Rom 5:21 and hell is but the servant of the second death Rev 20:14

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Mk 9:43

And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

None for whom Christ died shall be cast into the lake of fire, which is the second death, else the Covenant death of Christ and its accomplishment is a lie Zech 9:11

11 As for thee also, by the blood of thy covenant I have sent forth thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water.

Job 33:24

Then he is gracious unto him, and saith, Deliver him from going down to the pit: I have found a ransom.

It redeemed those He died for from Unbelief !

By the Cross of Christ, all for whom He died, He redeemed them from unbelief, for unbelief is nothing but a prison for sin. God imprisoned the Elect who sinned in Adam to unbelief, that’s what is stated here Rom 11:32

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

This word concluded in the greek is sugkleió and means:

I enclose, shut in, make subject to, to shut together, i.e. enclose
to shut up on all sides, shut up completely
;τινα εἰς τινα or τί, so to deliver one up to the power of a person or thing that he is completely shut in, as it were, without means of escape:

Now by nature, because of sin, all God’s People are delivered to the power of satan and by that unbelief. For proof of this we read 2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Believe not or unbelief, they’re the same, and its satans power granted by God , to hold all men by nature in unbelief. Jesus gives one of the reasons why men do not believe and be saved here Luke 8:12

12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

So unbelief is the result of Satan’s, the devils power prevailing over its victim and prisoner !

But by the Cross, all for whom Christ died, it redeems them from Satan’s prison of unbelief 1 Pet 1:18

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers which was in unbelief;

Remember Paul said that in his former conversation as a religious pharisee, how that he persecuted the Church of God ? He stated that he did it ignorantly in unbelief 1 Tim 1:13

13 Who was before a blasphemer,and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

Remember that was his former conversation or manner of life Gal 1:13

For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

At that time he was in unbelief, but the blood of Christ redeems from that manner of life ! Now the word for redeemed in 1 Pet 1:18 is the greek word lutroó :

I release on receipt of ransom; mid: I redeem, release by paying ransom, liberate.

Those whom the blood was shed in behalf of are released, liberated from satan's prison of unbelief,

So to say that one Christ died for can possibly die in their sins in unbelief Jn 8:24, it is to admit failure and defeat to the Redeeming Blood of Christ, it is to give the victory to the devil over Christ’s Cross, its saying that Christ’s Cross Work could not and did not save from that manner of life of unbelief and ignorance as it did Paul 1 Tim 1:13, and that is utter blasphemy and against Christ ! 23

The Just shall live by His Faith !

Hab 2:4

4 Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

Shall means its a sure and certain promise effected by the Power of God !

What I am about to explain here is not going to be received to those who are involved in false religion, but the declaration " but the just shall live by his faith"

It is a Divine Promise, a Certain Fact that all for whom Christ died, shall live by his Faith, no exceptions !

Now this is absolutely true because Christ's obedience unto death, for all whom He died, they are by that fact alone made Just Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous or just same word in the original.

The word righteous here is the same greek word dikaios and is also translated the word just 33 times to include here Rom 1:17 where we find a quote of the Divine Promise of Hab 2:4; and so because Christ's death of obedience has made all for whom He died Just, the Divine Promise says they must Live by Faith, or else God's Word of Promise has failed !

Now here is another quote of that same promise Heb 10:38

38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

But now what about those described in the same verse as drawing back ? Its simple, they were not made Just by the obedience of one, they simply are those Christ did not taste death for Heb 2:9, because if He did, then God's Promise cannot fail, which is "Now the just shall live by faith" which is in the future indicative mood !

Hence you show me a person that never begins a life of living by Faith in Christ Jesus, then I show you a person that Christ never died for, and so it is, they believe not, because they are not of my Sheep, whom I lay down my life for Jn 10:11,15,26 !

The Just shall live by His Faith and sanctification !

Because the Just shall live by Faith, thats the reason for the sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the Truth 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Did you know that the word belief here is the same greek word for the word Faith , its the feminine noun pistis :

I.conviction of the truth of anything, belief; in the NT of a conviction or belief respecting man's relationship to God and divine things, generally with the included idea of trust and holy fervour born of faith and joined with it

It is translated faith (239x) This means again that Faith to believe the Truth is through the sanctification of the Spirit, and it fulfills the Promise that the Just shall live by Faith, the same word belief !

The Just shall acknowledge the Truth Titus 1:1

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

So understand, the Just, those Christ made so by His One act of obedience Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous or Just.

They shall live by Faith, through Sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the Truth, the Spirit of God fulfills God promise , that all for whom Christ died and made Just, that they shall live by Faith, or be believing in the Son Jn 3:16 ! 23

The Meaning of John 12:32

John 12:32

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

What this means and is denied by the religion of men crowd, is that as a result of His Cross Work, being lifted up, it will cause all, for whom it was for, to come to Him in Repentance and Faith, yes all for whom He died will come to Him seeking an intimacy and to follow Him Jn 6:37 ! This one verse capsulizes Eph 2:8-9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

In other words, Salvation by Grace through Faith is the Gift of God, it’s the reality of Jn 12:32 coming to past, Eph 2:8 is a Gift of the Saving Effects of Christ and Him Crucified, being lifted up ! That’s why Paul could say 1 Cor 2:2

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Yes, for the Preaching and expounding of that Message would be God’s ordained way to draw them for whom He was Crucified to Faith in Him !

Delivered from the curse of the Law !

Num 23:8

How shall I curse, whom God hath not cursed? or how shall I defy, whom the Lord hath not defied?

Gal 3:10-13

10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

How did Christ do this ? By being made a curse for us !

This being cursed in Vs 10 above , cannot never apply to anyone Christ died for, because by His death He hath redeemed them from the curse of the Law Gal 3:13

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Not by their faith, not by their repentance, not by them obeying, none of that, it was done solely by Him "being made a curse for them"

So the only alternative any of them have is to as stated in Vs 11 Live by Faith Gal 3:11

11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

The Just is everyone Christ died for, was made a curse for Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Look, the Just in Gal 3:11b are the made Righteous in Rom 5:19, its the same greek word in the original dikaios strongs 1342 !

So the death of Christ delivered them from the curse of the law and it made them Just, the promise of God to the Just is again " The just shall live by faith."

And for this cause its not even remotely possible that the Just, those Christ died for and made so, not to live by Faith, and Vs 14 of Gal 3:14

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Its the Spirit they receive as the blessing of Abraham [Gen 12:3] which causes them to Live by Faith, and so show themselves to be the Promised Spiritual children of Abraham, that God promised him Gal 3:7

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

God in the Gospel to Abraham promised to Justify his seed by Faith Gal 3:8

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen [Abraham's Seed] through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Again Rom 3:29-30

29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:

30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

Rom 4:16-17a

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,

So in conclusion those Christ died for can never be of those in Gal 3:10

10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Because Christ has redeemed them from the curse of the Law, How ? By being made a curse for them, in their stead Gal 3:13 !

Made Righteous by His Blood !

As those Christ died for are made Righteous by His Obedience Rom 5:19b

so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.;

Likewise are they made Righteous solely by His Blood Rom 5:9

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

For His obedience in Vs 19 is the same as His Blood here in Vs 9, since we can take His obedience as referring to His Obedience unto death as in Phil 2:8

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

And His death, blood and cross are all seen as synonymous in scripture, so therefore the effects and results are the same, to be made Righteous, and to be Justified, they are both the same. The word Justified in Vs 9 is the greek word dikaioō:strongs 1344

I.
to render righteous or such he ought to be

II.
to show, exhibit, evince, one to be righteous, such as he is and wishes himself to be considered

III.
to declare, pronounce, one to be just, righteous, or such as he ought to be

Its also means being made free Rom 6:7 !

And the word righteous in Rom 5:19b is the greek word dikaios out of which the verb dikaioō above is derived and it means:

I.righteous, observing divine laws
A.
in a wide sense, upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God
i.
of those who seem to themselves to be righteous, who pride themselves to be righteous, who pride themselves in their virtues, whether real or imagined

ii.
innocent, faultless, guiltless

iii.
used of him whose way of thinking, feeling, and acting is wholly conformed to the will of God, and who therefore needs no rectification in the heart or life
a.
only Christ truly

iv.
approved of or acceptable of God

B.
in a narrower sense, rendering to each his due and that in a judicial sense, passing just judgment on others, whether expressed in words or shown by the manner of dealing with them

By His blood alone, apart from their obedience, those Christ has died for are approved of or acceptable to God, they are innocent, faultless, guiltless !

So if anyone Christ died for goes to hell in unbelief and for their sins as Per Jn 8:24, then God is Unjust in that He is punishing those who are before Him because of Christ's blood innocent, faultless, guiltless !

It accomplished Salvation from unbelief/disobedience !

One of the consequences of the sin of Adam, who by the way did not federally represent all mankind without exception, but only the godly remnant or seed Mal 2:15

And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.

Again one of the consequences was that God confined, imprisoned that Seed into Unbelief or disobedience Rom 11:32

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

By it God designed a purpose of mercy for them, they all being the vessels of mercy Rom 9:23-24

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Adam was the natural and federal head of all the vessels of mercy, whether they be of the jews or of the Gentiiles !

But here is the point, back in Rom 11:32 it is stated that God concluded them all [ all the vessels of mercy] unto unbelief !

That word concluded is key here, its the greek word sygkleiō and means:

I.
to shut up together, enclose
A.
of a shoal of fishes in a net

II.
to shut up on all sides, shut up completely

It means to: to shut or hem in; close in on all sides, to hold or contain,

to confine in or as if in a prison.

In fact some modern translations render the word thusly:

For God hath shut up all unto disobedience, that he might have mercy upon all.asv

32 God has locked up all people in disobedience, in order to have mercy on all of them.ceb

32 For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all.esv

32 God has ·given [imprisoned] all people ·over to their stubborn ways [L to/in disobedience] so that he can show mercy to all.exb

32 For God has imprisoned all in disobedience, so that He may have mercy on all.hcsb

Also it denotes :

make subject to, so to deliver one up to the power of a person or thing that he is completely shut in, as it were, without means of escape:

They were consigned to the power of the devil, and thats how unbelief reigns 2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Listen, as long as satan has power over our minds, blinding them, we are still imprisoned in Unbelief/ disobedience and CANNOT BELIEVE !

But here is the deal, all for whom Christ died, as their Covenant Head and Surety, whether jew or Gentile, He being given as a Covenant to the people as per Isa 42:6,7

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

Gentiles included in the people, one of the effects of that follows in Vs 7

To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

It brings all the people for whom He was given as a Covenant for, It brings them out of the Prison ! What Prison ? The Prison of Unbelief/ disobedience, which the devil, with power granted him by God, held them imprisoned unto. Thats why belief of the Gospel is an evidence of satan's power over one has been destroyed by the victorious death of Christ ! The effects , results, consequences of His death for one is:

7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison of unbelief/disobedience, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.23

The author of Salvation to them obeying Him !

Heb 5:9

9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

In other words, the ones obeying Him is proof of His Death effecting and Authoring their Salvation, for without Christ first saving us, we cannot obey Him. If one is not in this life brought to the obedience of the Faith via the Gospel, then Christ was not their Saviour, for He cannot be our Saviour if He did not Author our obedience of Faith, as it is written Heb 12:2

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

He is the author of them obeying Him Rom 10:16

But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

But Jesus Authors the obeying of His Gospel, which is evidence of Salvation ! And So if we obey from the Heart, God is to be Thanked Rom 6:17

But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

I know the opponents of Christ followers cannot receive this Truth, and believe that their obedience is what caused Christ to author their salvation, attempting to take credit from Christ and crown themselves instead !

It makes us Kings and Priests !

Rev 5:9-10

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

According to this passage, whatv made these Kings and Priests unto God ? Was it their faith ? How about their repentance ? Was it their obedience ?

No sir, it was the sole fact that for them He was slain and that redeemed them unto God !

Peter says the same thing 1 Pet 1:18-19;2:5,9

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Being made unto an Holy Priesthood to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God through Jesus Christ is an effect and accomplishment of Christ being slain for those He died for!

Rom 5:17

17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ)

He makes them Believers!

Everyone Christ died for, all His Sheep, as a result, He also did purchase and acquire for them Faith and Repentance, which is given to them along with Himself Rom 8:32

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

That word give is the greek word charizomai :

C.to give graciously, give freely, bestow

And its the same word used by Paul to give us to understand that to some it has been on behalf of Christ , given to believe on Him Phil 1:29

For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Thats Just one of the many things freely given along with Christ, to them He was delivered up for Per Rom 8:32

He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Now Christ died for all of His Sheep, or was delivered up for all His Sheep Jn 10:11,15

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life [or was delivered up] for the sheep.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Now if He was delivered up for all of the Sheep, and along with that all things are freely given them, which one of those things is to believe on His Name Per Phil 1:29, then if one never does believe on His Name for Salvation, the obvious conclusion is only viable, which Jesus states here as to why some jews failed to believe on Him Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Because, if they were of His Sheep, then He layed down His Life for them[or was delivered up for them Rom 8:32] Vs 11,15 and as a consequent, They would have , on His behalf, given to believe on Him Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

So His death makes His Sheep Believers ! 23

Its the efficacious reason why we serve God !

One of the accomplishments of the death/blood of Christ unto all for whom He died, is that it makes us to serve the Living God; Heb 9:14

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

This purge of conscience from dead religious works [false religion] compatible with what Peter wrote 1 Pet 1:18 unto serving the True and Living God, is an efficacious effect of the Blood of Christ !

That word serve is the greek word latreuō and means:

I.
to serve for hire

II.
to serve, minister to, either to the gods or men and used alike of slaves and freemen
A.
in the NT, to render religious service or homage, to worship

B.
to perform sacred services, to offer gifts, to worship God in the observance of the rites instituted for his worship
i.
of priests, to officiate, to discharge the sacred office

Its the same word used here Rev 7:15

15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

Rev 22:3

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

Its the word worship here Acts 24:14

14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

And note that this worship consisted in believing all things which are written in the law and prophets, which of course revealed Christ Lk 24:44

OT equivalent Deut 6:13

13 Thou shalt fear the Lord thy God, and serve him, and shalt swear by his name.

Deut 10:12

And now, Israel, what doth the Lord thy God require of thee, but to fear the Lord thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul,

Josh 24:15

15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Phil 3:3

3 For we are the circumcision, which worship /serve God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

This what Paul refers to now, of worship/serve God in the Spirit, it is this which results solely from the Blood of Christ in Heb 9:14 !

And since we know that in order to serve God in such a way here, it takes a believing Faith Acts 24:14

14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

The word for believing is the greek word pisteuó:

I believe, have faith in, trust in; pass: I am entrusted with.

pisteúō (from 4102 /pístis, "faith," derived from 3982 /peíthō, "persuade, be persuaded") – believe (affirm, have confidence); used of persuading oneself (= human believing) and with the sacred significance of being persuaded by the Lord (= faith-believing). Only the context indicates whether 4100 /pisteúō ("believe") is self-serving (without sacred meaning), or the believing that leads to/proceeds from God's inbirthing of faith.

This type of believing in serving and worshiping of the True God is a blessing that is efficaciously wrought into all for whom Christ shed His Blood, this cannot be refuted without serious denial of truth !

By His stripes we are healed or saved !

Many in false religion have denied that Christ's death alone saved those He died for, one of the most damaging scriptures against that damnable heresy is this one 1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Now the healing comes by , His stripes which is equated with His bearing our sins in His body on the Tree !

By that Peter preaches that ye were healed, which word iaomai: to heal,

to make whole i. e. to free from errors and sins, to bring about (one's) salvation:

What can be a more plainer and concise testimony that the death of Christ alone effected and brought about our Salvation !

By His stripes we are healed or saved ! 2

The Testimony of the Apostle Peter was that it was by Christ's death alone, here called stripes 1 Pet 2:24, in that He bare our sins in His Body on the Tree, and by that healing was effected, it effectually brought about our Salvation, in its totality, conversion included. That word healed is used here Jn 12:40

He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

So the healing from the Cross does exactly what is denied people here, It opens their eyes, gives them a heart that understands [Matt 13:23] and converts them, or heals them ! We are healed when we are converted

That word converted, the greek word epistrephō is the same word returned here in 1 Peter 2:25

For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Here its in the passive voice meaning that they have been returned, they are turned by the effects of Christ's stripes!

This is undeniably True, that Christ's death alone effects the spiritual conversion of all for whom He died, those who deny it, are attempting to strip the Death of Christ alone of its Saving merit, which none but antichrist would do, so that he can cause men to worship him through their so called freewill!

By His stripes we are healed or saved ! 3

That Christ's death alone saved, healed, converted all for whom He died, is taught beyond all doubt here Isa 53:5

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Also See 1 Pet 2:24 !

Now the word healed in the hebrew is rapha and means :

I.to heal, make healthful ,

of national hurts, subject city Jeremiah 51:8,9; involving forgiveness and ׳יs blessing, impersonal with ל of people, נִרְמָּאלָֿנוּ Isaiah 53:5 i.e. healing has come to us.

The main of which is the forgiveness of our sins, which constitutes our peace with God, the removal of our guilt, and being freed from the punishment due unto it.

The same Idea is here where the same word is used Ps 103:3

Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

Of which brings spiritual healing to our souls Ps 41:4

I said, LORD, be merciful unto me: heal my soul; for I have sinned against thee.

Jer 17:14

Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.

Sin is the sickness of the soul and the soul is healed when, being pardoned by mercy !

it is also renewed by grace

The prominent Idea in healing is acquittal from sin, a discharge, a Justification from, all of which the death of Christ alone provides for !

This healing comes to all for who's iniquities he was bruised for, and transgressions He was wounded for.

But this healing does not stop at mere acquittal / Justification, but has as a accompanying outgrowth effects healing of the soul.

Now understand, that His death/ stripes ensure, guarantees that all for whom He died receives as a Gift of from healing, a New Spirit Ezk 36:26

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

In other words, His stripes ensures that they experience this Titus 3:5

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Thats the New Spirit God promises to put within them in Ezk 36:26, its New Birth or some call it Regeneration.

Now recognize, If each person that Christ died for is not regenerated, as an evidence of the healing of the stripes of Him as per Isa 53:5; 1 Pet 2:24, then these scriptures do bare false witness and are misleading to say the least.

Notice the prophet uses the pronoun we are healed Isa 53:5

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

He is speaking of a whole nation of people See 1 Pet 2:9; Matt 21:43, a whole Body of People which is also described in Vs 10 as Christ's Seed Isa 53:10, now if this was the Lords seed that is healed in Isa 53:5,10, then that's who it is in 1 Pet 2:24.

In fact, those in 1 Pet 2:24 are also called earlier a Generation here 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light

Which word means offspring, its the greek word genos:

I.kindred
A.
offspring

B.
family

C.
stock, tribe, nation
i.
i.e. nationality or descent from a particular people

Which is the same word seed here Isa 53:10, the word zera` :

I.seed, sowing, offspring

Those being born of that incorruptible seed Christ 1 Pet 1:23

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

That refers back to Isa 53:10, Christ's Seed, Christ is the Word of God! 24

Brings all to Faith !

Jn 12:32-33

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

If Christ by His death/being lifted up, draws all men unto Him, this word draw speaks to have been given life,or communicated life. The word draw is the greek word helkō means:

I.
to draw, drag off

II.
metaph., to draw by inward power, lead, impel

It also means to persuade

I by my moral, my spiritual, influence will win over to myself the hearts of all,

Yes the inward impelling and power to be come to Christ is nothing short of that quickening Life from out of the Last Adam 1 Cor 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Quickening means to make alive, makes movement / operation and it impels, so this drawing is by an impartation of quickening Life from the risen Christ, which is none other than His Spirit or the Holy Spirit, and the Spirit is Life Rom 8:10

And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

All for whom He died, doeth have imputed to them Righteousness, and That Righteousness demands Life Prov 11:19

As righteousness tendeth to life: so he that pursueth evil pursueth it to his own death.

Because of what Christ has done for sinners that He died for, they are first made alive legally to the Law, then secondarily they are made alive out of Spiritual death, because of Righteousness, not their own, but that of their Surety, the Last Adam.

Now back to the word draw, it also connotes being persuaded I persuade, Now what is Faith but a spiritual persuading; Now the greek word for Faith pistis:

pístis (from 3982/peithô, "persuade, be persuaded") – properly, persuasion (be persuaded, come to trust); faith.

So the word draw in Jn 12:32 does also denote the impartation of persuading Faith, by the Life of the Spirit, so in other words, when Jesus says that as a result of His death or being lifted up, that all men shall be drawn to Him, He means they will come to Him in Faith, which agrees the Truth, the Just shall live by Faith!

Grace reigns through Him !

Rom 5:21

21 That as sin hath reigned unto death [through adam], even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

How does Grace reign through Righteousness. The word reign is the greek word basileuō and means:

I.
to be king, to exercise kingly power, to reign
A.
of the governor of a province

B.
of the rule of the Messiah

C.
of the reign of Christians in the millennium

II.
metaph. to exercise the highest influence, to control

Now we all know how effectual death has reigned through the lesser adam, but what man is so ignorant to is how Grace reigns effectual through Christ, how that it opposes successfully that death which reigned through adam !

Now Grace reigns successfully by the Saving and Converting Effects in those Christ died for and redeemed Titus 2:11-14

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

The Grace here in Titus 2:11 is describing what it means for Grace to reign through the Righteousness of Christ of Rom 5:21 !

When it[Grace] reigns through Christ, it brings Salvation, it actually converts the one for whom Christ died.

Now I know that this passage has been sorely perverted by antichrist as to mean that all men without exception have been offered Grace or that it has been made available, but now it must be accepted by the freewill of sinful man for it to produce any effects ! Thats a Lie however !

This most blessed passage of scripture actually informs us just how effectual the Grace of God through Christ abounds toward sinners Christ died, it Illustrates the blessed Truth of how the Grace of God through the redemptive work of Christ, and His Righteousness, does reign through Righteousness in the Honor of His Righteousness on their behalf Rom 5:18

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. 24

Was made a Life giving Spirit !

1 Cor 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

The Last Adam was made a Life Giving Spirit, thats what the word quickening means, Life giving, for if we recall, Jesus said on occasions, that His Purpose was to give Life Jn 6:33

33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

Jn 10:10,28

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

This Life Giving was premised, based on Him putting away their sin debt, by dying the death they deserved for the wages of their sins Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Now understand, their being by nature dead in trespasses and sins, spiritually dead and alienated from the Life of God, is the wages of sin, Death !

Now , its by this paying of their sin debt by His death for them, and He being quickened from the dead after paying their debt 1 Pet 3:18

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh[for their sins], but quickened by the Spirit: Because their sin debt was paid in full, See Rom 4:25 also !

Now the word quickened here in 1 Pet 3:18 is the greek word zōopoieō:

I.
to produce alive, begat or bear living young

II.
to cause to live, make alive, give life

And its the same word quickening in 1 Cor 15:45, again meaning to give life, or to cause to live,B.to restore to life

D.of the spirit, quickening as respects the spirit, endued with new and greater powers of life

So as being quickened from the dead as their Head and Shepherd, after having put away all causes for them being in death, even Spiritual death of which they were born naturally, having paid their sin penalty, death no more owed by them to God's Law and Justice, they are given Life, Spiritual Life from the dead, which is evidence that their sin debt has been paid, so Justice demands it !

Back