Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christ Jesus came into the world to save ALL sinners

SolaScriptura

2024 Supporter
Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners

In Paul’s First Letter to Timothy, he says;

“This saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance: “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners”—and I am the worst of them” – 1:15

According to the so called “Reformed” theology on salvation, Jesus Christ only Died for the “elect”, and not the entire human race. Those who are the “non elect”, can never obtain salvation, and are destined to eternal punishment.

This teaching is in direct contradiction to what the Holy Bible actually says. As seen from this verse in First Timothy, and elsewhere, Jesus Christ Died for SINNERS. This term cannot in any way be reduced to mean, “only elect sinners”!

We also know from the Bible, that “ALL have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God” (Romans 3:23). There is no doubt from this Scripture, and many others, that ALL of the human race, from Adam to the last person, are sinners.

In the Gospel of Mark, Jesus plainly says, “When Jesus heard it, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”. Again, it is clear that Jesus Came for SINNERS.

If, as the “Reformed” argue, that Jesus Christ Came ONLY for “the elect”, and these “elect” are the SINNERS, then, exactly WHAT are the “non elect”? Are these to be included in the “righteous”, whom Jesus refers to?

The teaching that Jesus’ Death is to be somehow “limited” in its extent, only for “the elect”, is not only absurd, but very much contrary to what the Bible actually Teaches!

In Romans 5:6, Paul declares that “Christ died for the ungodly”. And, in 1 Peter 3:18, we read, “For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous”. Are we also to restrict the “ungodly” and “unrighteous” in this passages, as meaning “the elect”? The ENTIRE HUMAN RACE outside of God, are SINNERS, and UNGODLY, and UNRIGHTEOUS!

It is abundantly clear to those who are more interested in what the Bible ACTUALLY TEACHES, and not some human “theology”, that the Death of Jesus Christ on the Cross, is NOT for only “the elect”, but “the entire human race”. In Luke 22, where Jesus is speaking of the Lord’s Supper, He very clearly included Judas in the words, “This cup that is poured out for YOU is the New Covenant in My Blood” (verse 20). Because in the next verse, Jesus goes on to say, “But behold, the hand of him who betrays me is with me on the table”, which is no other than the betrayer, Judas. If Jesus did not Die for Judas, and the billions like him who sadly end up in eternal punishment, then surely He would have instituted the Lord’s Supper after Judas had left the room to betray Him. So that the words in verse 20, would only apply to the 11, all of whom are in heaven! Commenting on Jesus’ words in Mark 14:24, part of the Lord’s Supper account, John Calvin writes “Which is shed for many. By the word many he means not a part of the world only, but the whole human race” (John Calvin). Even to John Calvin, the term MANY in this context, is not “part of the world”, but “THE WHOLE HUMAN RACE”. And yet there are those who claim to follow the teachings of John Calvin, who still believe that he taught any “limit” to the Death of Jesus Christ. In fact, by Calvin’s own words on Mark 14:24, it is also clear that he includes Judas in the Death of Jesus Christ!

Not only does the Teachings in the Bible destroy this human deception of Jesus’ Death being only for “the elect”. But, we also have the father of “Calvinism”, John Calvin himself, very clearly state, that Jesus Died for THE WHOLE HUMAN RACE, including Judas!

“This saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance: “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners”—and I am the worst of them” – 1:15

According to the so called “Reformed” theology on salvation, Jesus Christ only Died for the “elect”, and not the entire human race. Those who are the “non elect”, can never obtain salvation, and are destined to eternal punishment.

This teaching is in direct contradiction to what the Holy Bible actually says. As seen from this verse in First Timothy, and elsewhere, Jesus Christ Died for SINNERS. This term cannot in any way be reduced to mean, “only elect sinners”!

We also know from the Bible, that “ALL have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God” (Romans 3:23). There is no doubt from this Scripture, and many others, that ALL of the human race, from Adam to the last person, are sinners.

In the Gospel of Mark, Jesus plainly says, “When Jesus heard it, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”. Again, it is clear that Jesus Came for SINNERS.

If, as the “Reformed” argue, that Jesus Christ Came ONLY for “the elect”, and these “elect” are the SINNERS, then, exactly WHAT are the “non elect”? Are these to be included in the “righteous”, whom Jesus refers to?

The teaching that Jesus’ Death is to be somehow “limited” in its extent, only for “the elect”, is not only absurd, but very much contrary to what the Bible actually Teaches!

In Romans 5:6, Paul declares that “Christ died for the ungodly”. And, in 1 Peter 3:18, we read, “For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous”. Are we also to restrict the “ungodly” and “unrighteous” in this passages, as meaning “the elect”? The ENTIRE HUMAN RACE outside of God, are SINNERS, and UNGODLY, and UNRIGHTEOUS!

It is abundantly clear to those who are more interested in what the Bible ACTUALLY TEACHES, and not some human “theology”, that the Death of Jesus Christ on the Cross, is NOT for only “the elect”, but “the entire human race”. In Luke 22, where Jesus is speaking of the Lord’s Supper, He very clearly included Judas in the words, “This cup that is poured out for YOU is the New Covenant in My Blood” (verse 20). Because in the next verse, Jesus goes on to say, “But behold, the hand of him who betrays me is with me on the table”, which is no other than the betrayer, Judas. If Jesus did not Die for Judas, and the billions like him who sadly end up in eternal punishment, then surely He would have instituted the Lord’s Supper after Judas had left the room to betray Him. So that the words in verse 20, would only apply to the 11, all of whom are in heaven! Commenting on Jesus’ words in Mark 14:24, part of the Lord’s Supper account, John Calvin writes “Which is shed for many. By the word many he means not a part of the world only, but the whole human race” (John Calvin). Even to John Calvin, the term MANY in this context, is not “part of the world”, but “THE WHOLE HUMAN RACE”. And yet there are those who claim to follow the teachings of John Calvin, who still believe that he taught any “limit” to the Death of Jesus Christ. In fact, by Calvin’s own words on Mark 14:24, it is also clear that he includes Judas in the Death of Jesus Christ!

Not only does the Teachings in the Bible destroy this human deception of Jesus’ Death being only for “the elect”. But, we also have the father of “Calvinism”, John Calvin himself, very clearly state, that Jesus Died for THE WHOLE HUMAN RACE, including Judas!
Jesus did indeed die for all, but those who won't turn from sin and get washed by His blood will not be saved on the day of judgement.
We have out part to play.

Jesus did indeed die for all, but those who won't turn from sin and get washed by His blood will not be saved on the day of judgement.
We have out part to play.

As Jesus says in Mark 1:15, every sinner must first REPENT of their sins, and BELIEVE in the Gospel concerning Him, and only then they are truly born again

Jesus also said baptism was essential for salvation, in Mark 16:16.
And still, there is the enduring faithfully until the end to be considered.

Impossible!

Read this verse again

He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned

see the second part, NO mention of any "baptism", only UNBELIEF!

the thief on the cross who was certainly saved as promised by Jesus Himself, was NOT baptized.

Paul says in 1 Corinthians, "For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect" (1:17).

IF as you say that Baptism is "essential" for salvation, then the thief on the cross is in hell, and the great Apostle Paul is wrong!

Water baptism has NO part in any sinner getting saved, but is an outward testimony of the inward salvation by God the Holy Spirit for all those who REPENT and BELIEVE.

Jesus also said baptism was essential for salvation, in Mark 16:16.
And still, there is the enduring faithfully until the end to be considered.

further, if water baptism is "essential" for salvation, then what Paul says in verses 14 and 15 of the passage in 1 Cor., is completely meaningless

"I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, so that no one may say that you were baptized in my name!"

Impossible!

Read this verse again

He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned
see the second part, NO mention of any "baptism", only UNBELIEF!
Will unbelievers get baptized ?
the thief on the cross who was certainly saved as promised by Jesus Himself, was NOT baptized.
Besides the fact that Jesus had power on earth to forgive sins, what the thief endured is exactly what those who are baptized into Christ, and into His death, burial, and resurrection, endure. (Rom 6:3)
The destruction of the old man and being raised with Christ to walk in newness of life ! (Rom 6:4-6)
Paul says in 1 Corinthians, "For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect" (1:17).
Yes, Paul's main priority was the gospel: then the follow-up things.
But even in that group of verses, he names some of those he did baptize.
Gospel first, then repentance from sin, baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins, then the gift of the Holy Ghost, then a hundred more precepts for Godly living.
IF as you say that Baptism is "essential" for salvation, then the thief on the cross is in hell, and the great Apostle Paul is wrong!
The thief couldn't be baptized into Christ's death until after Christ died.
Paul himself was baptized, and he wrote Romans 6, which gives us even more reasons to be baptized then just remission of past sins.
Water baptism has NO part in any sinner getting saved, but is an outward testimony of the inward salvation by God the Holy Spirit for all those who REPENT and BELIEVE.
Are you willing to carry your past sins to the grave ? (Acts 2:38)
Are you willing to allow the old man to live on after you "believe" ? (Rom 6:6)
Are you willing to forgo the circumcision done without hands in the casting off the body of the sins of the flesh ? (Col 2:11)
I wasn't.

further, if water baptism is "essential" for salvation, then what Paul says in verses 14 and 15 of the passage in 1 Cor., is completely meaningless

"I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, so that no one may say that you were baptized in my name!"
Gotta teach the gospel before anyone will be interested in the turn from sin and washing by the blood of Christ.
Or rebirth, or the gift of the Holy Ghost, or the day of judgement, or eternal joy.
Are those things not essential too ?
One step at a time.

The context of Paul's statement was the division being fomented in Corinth.
He didn't want people aligning themselves with Him, or others, when they should have been aligning themselves with Jesus and His Father.

Will unbelievers get baptized ?

Besides the fact that Jesus had power on earth to forgive sins, what the thief endured is exactly what those who are baptized into Christ, and into His death, burial, and resurrection, endure. (Rom 6:3)
The destruction of the old man and being raised with Christ to walk in newness of life ! (Rom 6:4-6)

Yes, Paul's main priority was the gospel: then the follow-up things.
But even in that group of verses, he names some of those he did baptize.
Gospel first, then repentance from sin, baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins, then the gift of the Holy Ghost, then a hundred more precepts for Godly living.

The thief couldn't be baptized into Christ's death until after Christ died.
Paul himself was baptized, and he wrote Romans 6, which gives us even more reasons to be baptized then just remission of past sins.

Are you willing to carry your past sins to the grave ? (Acts 2:38)
Are you willing to allow the old man to live on after you "believe" ? (Rom 6:6)
Are you willing to forgo the circumcision done without hands in the casting off the body of the sins of the flesh ? (Col 2:11)
I wasn't.

this thread is not about water baptism. you can start one on this

I realize that, but it points out that there is more necessary for salvation than just belief.
Devils believe, but they won't be saved.

the Bible states that there are only TWO conditions for all sinners to get saved, REPENTANCE of sins and FAITH in the Lord Jesus Christ. Period!

water baptism can never save anyone. You mention about devils "believing", but they NEVER "REPENT"!

So your own reasoning is very much moot

He died to present the gift of salvation to ALL , but a gift just for you can never be yours until you accept it .
Clearly demonstrated on Calvary where the free gift was offered to two thieves who were crucified on either side of the Lord, one thief took hold of the gift , the other thief did not .
The thief that made his decision to reject the gift chose not to be included with the "elect"

He died to present the gift of salvation to ALL , but a gift just for you can never be yours until you accept it .
Clearly demonstrated on Calvary where the free gift was offered to two thieves who were crucified on either side of the Lord, one thief took hold of the gift , the other thief did not .
The thief that made his decision to reject the gift chose not to be included with the "elect"

very well said! :ThumbBig

Back