Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christadelphians

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Can we? I'm not looking to debate, I am just very sincerely interested in what you are speaking. Coincidentally, I agree with alot of what you're saying to a certain extent. I have alot more questions!

I'll get the thread started and ask a Mod to approve us as posters.

I'll name it "Questions for a Devout Catholic" lol ;)

I would be happy to discuss Catholicism with you. I am not looking to debate, and if I can clear up some issues, that would be my pleasure. I will look for your post in the "debate" section - and again, it is not to "debate" or "argue", just an information session and such sort of discussion. We Catholics don't force ourselves or our beliefs upon others.

Regards

I apologize - but did you expect me to say nothing while someone claimed we worship statues? "Religion starting with 'c'".. . Hmm, I wonder who he was talking about...

Regards

Mike this will be my last O/T post. I promise!

Francis, I did not mean any disrespect! Please forgive me if it came out that way. The Lord has taught me to respect the Catholic church and not speak ill of it. My questions are sincere and genuine (as I stated I do not want to debate or be argumentative)

Now, back to the conversation about the Christadelphians, we were discussing if they were a cult I believe? :yes Or wait did the discussion lead to that they weren't?

What I don't understand is how can can this group proclaim to be Christians if they don't believe Jesus is God who covered their sins?

You know, PM's can be very effective. You've seen how they change avatars! :biggrin

What I don't understand is how can can this group proclaim to be Christians if they don't believe Jesus is God who covered their sins?

Nice segue back to topic. They don't! That was part of what I discovered. They have Christ in their name which is very deceiving, perhaps to hide from all that persecution they experienced centuries ago. I'm happy Christians aren't persecuted and martyred even to this day! (he said very sarcastically) ;)

Christadelphians believe Christians are bound for destruction because we can't get this Truth out of our minds that Jesus is part of the One Triune God; that and a host of other reasons. My guess is that they join boards not being upfront in order to stealthily promote their own beliefs. The thing is, as I said earlier, they are so small in number, most people are unaware of their organization...ahem... cult. If they were more up front, and Christians were more aware of them, everyone would understand there are Christians, and then there are Christadelphians.

I'll give my consistent statement that I'm not saying they are going to Hell. God's Mercy and Grace is beyond my understanding. He will decide what He decides. But if any can break away from this indoctrination and accept the Fullness of Jesus' Divinity, they will be assured salvation by the Blood of Whom they come to accept as Lord.

grrrrrrrrrrrr. change avatars.

yes since i have joined this forum i have learned much about the cults and i hope other have learned bout the one i was in.

Why the T-54/55 tank? Is that yours?! :lol

Regards

it was what we used against the taliban when they attacked us. it was found in asadabad when we came in as the local warlord had it and we fixed it and got it running. the dishka also is functional.

the local ana uses it and they assisted us when we were attacked,its actually one of 4 russian pieces we have.

we have one brdm2, and t-62, one zku-23. and the t-55 in the picture and some recoiless 40mm rifles there when i was in asadabad. I took that picture. i have ton of those and played a joke on gendou ikari that is what mike was refering too as he changed my avatar to mr.cranberry man. before that change it was me on the donkey.

it was what we used against the taliban when they attacked us. it was found in asadabad when we came in as the local warlord had it and we fixed it and got it running. the dishka also is functional.

the local ana uses it and they assisted us when we were attacked,its actually one of 4 russian pieces we have.

we have one brdm2, and t-62, one zku-23. and the t-55 in the picture and some recoiless 40mm rifles there when i was in asadabad. I took that picture. i have ton of those and played a joke on gendou ikari that is what mike was refering too as he changed my avatar to mr.cranberry man. before that change it was me on the donkey.

I thought it was a T-54/55, the front wheel gap gives it away. Cool. Amazing that they still have these weapons around that are relatively serviceable (about 30 years old, at least, by now...) A Zku-23? That'd be pretty cool, and a nice weapon vs helicopters. Glad you guys are using it.

Regards

i should send the pics of them to you when i get a chance and its not hard to get parts for them as the chek republic and other allies use them still.

the check republic rebuilt the tranny for that t-54 and the special forces guys got the weapons running on the others as they were trained in thier use.

what? christadelphians are boring, yawn. hey joe asked and i answered.

phhttt party pooper. here have a coke on me.

From my understand of reading about Christadelphians, but I could be wrong since I am far from expert on their teachings, they do deny the existence of satan..... in that, their belief is more along the lines that satan is the evil inclination within us, rather than a distinct entity/ being. I read that somewhere when I was reading through the site Mike gave the other day. This teaching does agree, in part, with Judaic teaching; although, in Judaism Satan can also refer to an "angel" who is created as the opposer (but has no free will and can only do what God created him to do). There was a thread on the forum somewhere that discussed some of those things.

Personally, I do not have a problem with many of the Christadelphian beliefs. I think I would have to study them further to be able to really agree or disagree. The site doesn't necessarily explain everything in any depth. Some of the things I disagree with, but not necessarily with the logic behind the belief. For example, I disagree that baptism (especially baptism within a particular denomination) is essential for salvation and that only the baptised are saved-- but I do not disagree with their reasoning and logic behind their belief. At least not from what I read so far. :) So, don't hold me to that when I have no examined it in depth. :lol

For the record, I have not been exposed to any Christadelphians nor their beliefs until Mike created tis thread. I knew they were non-trinitarian, and what they believe regarding the father, son, and spirit, but beyond that I couldn't tell you anything about them. I agree with what strangelove said earlier about how their beliefs seem to be grounded more in Judaic thought. That is probably why I do not have a big problem with some of what I read on their site. Since I have not read in depth what their beliefs are in full, then it can be difficult to really say.

Sometimes what things are on the surface are not what they seem when you dig deeper. For example, westtexas quoted a portion of their paragraph 7, but not the whole thing: "We reject as unbiblical the idea that Christ could die as a replacement sacrifice for us, thus covering all our sins forever with that one act. Certainly it is through his sacrifice that we may be forgiven, but only if we walk the path of self-denial that he marked out for us." I bolded the portion that she quoted. If you look further at their teachings, what they really reject is kinda the OSAS doctrine. They reject the idea that Jesus' death covers all sins and an individual only must believe and from then on they are always saved no matter how they live. What they believe is that forgiveness comes through Jesus' sacrifice, but that each of us is accountable for our own sins and must account for those, and it is our duty to live as Christ. I did read more about this on another page, which is why I saw more of an explanation. LOL But this is an example, where I do not have a problem with that belief, but I might if I looked even deeper. :chin For example, I would agree with this philosophy-- but I would not agree if they state that it is through works that we are saved.

anyhow, I am not going to go line by line. Certainly there are beliefs of theirs that I would reject outright, and many that I might reject in part. Overall, I do not have a big problem. I have more of a problem with some of the more mainstream christian sects who are engaging in idol worship.... and will remain nameless. :biggrin
I do have some problems with their teachings, they claim that they alone have the truth, because their founder John Thomas was desgruntled with christianity in the 1800, rightly so we may say, but He alone new more then the theologians, He wrote books, copied other writers books and called them his own authentic,today he would have been dragged thru courts. His prophesie was that Christ will return in 1986-88, which of course did not happen. Rightly so CD's have questioned catholocism and reformation was taking place around that time so he started this sect, which I must say do not like being called christian because majority of christians believe Christ was God manifest in the flesh. CD's refute that and say Jesus was only the son of God.

I do have some problems with their teachings, they claim that they alone have the truth, because their founder John Thomas was desgruntled with christianity in the 1800, rightly so we may say, but He alone new more then the theologians, He wrote books, copied other writers books and called them his own authentic,today he would have been dragged thru courts. His prophesie was that Christ will return in 1986-88, which of course did not happen. Rightly so CD's have questioned catholocism and reformation was taking place around that time so he started this sect, which I must say do not like being called christian because majority of christians believe Christ was God manifest in the flesh. CD's refute that and say Jesus was only the son of God.

Why, then, would he be on a Christian forum?

So it's okay not to believe Jesus IS God, as long as you believe God was working through Jesus?

Trying to understand!

Kaileymarie:

No, not what I meant. What you said about the Lord Jesus being God is absolutely vital.

I was talking generally about any group.

'What think ye of Christ?' (Matthew 22.42)

Blessings.

So they believe he is the messiah but don't believe in the holy trinity, or that Jesus is the incarnation of god?

Didn't Jesus say himself that he is God in the flesh? I guess I have some reading to do..

Back