Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Christian Militancy

if you aren't going to use a gun or any weapon, then don't pull it out. the guy who you aim it might just take it out of your hands there is a cop video of a cop pulling a tazer out and in the process is decked and ko'd and has her head beat for a few seconds on the ground.
Yep, I never, ever, pointed and sighted without pulling the trigger. Did I kill that man or was it the gun's fault? I'll bet the gun has never had a single nightmare!

Last edited:
This doesn't address my point.
so you think that when I post and I drove the cattle out of the ranch with a whip I didn't have to hit any of them? I just raised the whip and they all knew? a roman soldier I can see. but not Jesus. why? he wasn't a soldier and wasn't known to be violent. so I bet he had to make the point.

so you think that when I post and I drove the cattle out of the ranch with a whip I didn't have to hit any of them? I just raised the whip and they all knew? a roman soldier I can see. but not Jesus. why? he wasn't a soldier and wasn't known to be violent. so I bet he had to make the point.
Cattle and people are like apples and oranges, except they're cattle and people. It is pure conjecture to claim that Jesus actually hit anyone.

I would obviously be talking about post #12, wouldn't I, since that is my first post and the one to which you first responded?
Perhaps to you or to Jason but for a man that forgot where he put his pants, the ones he took off thirty seconds ago, ummmm, not obvious. But now, I apologise, you're right.

Cattle and people are like apples and oranges, except they're cattle and people. It is pure conjecture to claim that Jesus actually hit anyone.
people don't act much better then animals a lot of the time. does an animal often kill its own in its clan for no other reason just because? have YOU ever watched a riot? been in a riot. trained for a riot. there are those who know what cops do and ARENT afraid. the will not move to the threats of less then lethal and will form barriers.
however the word he used to drive with a whip. that is farmer lingo. that implies the whip is to be used to move animals. slave also were driven by whips when needed. especially on the romans ships.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whip

keep word pain complainance.if you think that jesus is that pacifistic then why is he coming back to judge? god said he doesn't change.
the wiki link says that it can be used for that. the sound of it after being conditioned to hear it. if jesus didn't need or intend to use the whip why would he need to have it? surely he could have just used some other means of moving them other then a threat.

people don't act much better then animals a lot of the time. does an animal often kill its own in its clan for no other reason just because? have YOU ever watched a riot? been in a riot. trained for a riot. there are those who know what cops do and ARENT afraid. the will not move to the threats of less then lethal and will form barriers.
however the word he used to drive with a whip. that is farmer lingo. that implies the whip is to be used to move animals. slave also were driven by whips when needed. especially on the romans ships.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whip

keep word pain complainance.if you think that jesus is that pacifistic then why is he coming back to judge? god said he doesn't change.
the wiki link says that it can be used for that. the sound of it after being conditioned to hear it. if jesus didn't need or intend to use the whip why would he need to have it? surely he could have just used some other means of moving them other then a threat.
Driving with a whip does not imply that the whip was used to hit with. An angry man, turning over tables while holding a whip, and perhaps using it without hitting anyone, would most certainly get people moving. He would most certainly have been threatening enough.

Jesus was a pacifist and the fact that he is coming back to judge does not contradict that. Jesus was showing us a better way, the way we ought to live. It would have been quite contradictory for him to speak against violence and then use physical violence.

Perhaps to you or to Jason but for a man that forgot where he put his pants, the ones he took off thirty seconds ago, ummmm, not obvious. But now, I apologise, you're right.
No need for an apology. Just some confusion that has been cleared up. :)

Driving with a whip does not imply that the whip was used to hit with. An angry man, turning over tables while holding a whip, and perhaps using it without hitting anyone, would most certainly get people moving. He would most certainly have been threatening enough.

Jesus was a pacifist and the fact that he is coming back to judge does not contradict that. Jesus was showing us a better way, the way we ought to live. It would have been quite contradictory for him to speak against violence and then use physical violence.
you assume that some who make money wouldn't punch him or tackle him and he would have to be ready.

flipping table is violence? sorry but it is. if you think that it isn't may I come buy flip you furniture and break windows? the threat in a court of law is considered to as such. violent.

speculation on your part. why would he command peter to buy a sword then tell him not to use it? that's like me handing a member here whom is a saved alcoholic and tell him not to drink it. the temptation to sin is the problem.

This is true.

why would he command peter to buy a sword then tell him not to use it?

Luke 22....(NKJV)
37 For I say to you that this which is written must still be accomplished in Me: ‘And He was numbered with the transgressors.’ For the things concerning Me have an end.”

Although Jesus Himself did not wield a sword, He was numbered with those who did.

He was fulfilling prophecy.

Isaiah 53....(NKJV)
12 Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great,
And He shall divide the spoil with the strong,
Because He poured out His soul unto death,
And He was numbered with the transgressors,
And He bore the sin of many,
And made intercession for the transgressors.

In all my studies, I've never come across anything in the New Covenant that advocates violence toward our fellow man. Believer or otherwise.
Did you listen to the video? It is all from scripture and at that, scripture in context instead of rip and rape.

Did you listen to the video? It is all from scripture and at that, scripture in context instead of rip and rape.

That video is just someone else's interpretation of the scriptures.

Are there verses that advocate violence under the New Covenant? If so, please post them so I can read them and come to my own conclusion.

Thanks.

Back