Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christianity Changes View

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I put it in caps for all of the YEC's.

It must have cut off . What I meant to say was " ...It didn't need to be created by God."

Ok, yea it did get cut it off. That makes more sense now. If you believe that the universe didn't need to be created by God then doesn't that assume you believe it happened by chance? Or are you simply suggesting it could have happened by either but didn't have to happen via a God?

On another note, doesn't the creation of the universe apart from an immortal being violate the principle of causality?

You abandoned this worldview for what you thought was a better one. I can understand why you say I will be dissapointed. I am just asking you to back up what you say, and you arn't doing it. Instead you are asserting more, and more without evidence.

I asked you to give me examples, and reasons why my worldview will ultimatly disappoint me.

I have personal experience, That is my best. I can only advise you and give you my experience. You see here at CF.net we don't have to be skeptical about EVERYTHING another person says because as fellow Christians we assume that our brothers and sisters will tell the truth most of the time. If we disagree we calmfully respectfully disagree and tenderly tell them why we disagree. I realize you probably have to keep a shield up when you are at your Science communities. (I have been there I am not just making a guess.) But you dont have to do that here. We are not going to start bashing you as soon as you make a post. You can lower your weapon. But anyway back to topic, I don't believe the scientific method is a worldview, Its a method of determining facts. But the scientific method will not always work. When you live in Christ you find your integrity is always very well. You will feel better. You will always have a home to come to for people to help you out and answer otherwise offensive questions Cool headed and tenderly with understanding. Following the commandments will only end in good results. Thats a promise. If you don't believe me give it your best shot to do so. (You will obviously fail but the less the better.) Over long periods of time you will see serious results from not living a life in sin. You truely cant see it if you aren't over here. Its not just a stupid assertion. Its a fact. You don't understand Christianity unless you are Christian. You can only see that by taking the plunge yourself. As I said. But you have been moved so far from the Lord that the devil has nearly beheaded you.

Ok, yea it did get cut it off. That makes more sense now. If you believe that the universe didn't need to be created by God then doesn't that assume you believe it happened by chance? Or are you simply suggesting it could have happened by either but didn't have to happen via a God?

On another note, doesn't the creation of the universe apart from an immortal being violate the principle of causality?

I can't talk about it here. I will have an infraction.... If it is alright, do you have a skype?

I have two bibles, which translation would you want me to read it from? This is an honest question.

I have NIV or NASB.

I have indeed seen the marry your rapist passage. But seriously, If you are going to label the teachings of the bible a disaster you should read it more. Because you have clearly been aimed towards negativity.

I can't talk about it here. I will have an infraction.... If it is alright, do you have a skype?

You can talk about YEC vs. OEC, Just with respect towards the other party involved. Not with blunt insults. If you want to talk about YE vs. OE get a membership to the Christianity and Science forum and start a thread there. Thats always a hot topic in there.

I have personal experience, That is my best. I can only advise you and give you my experience. You see here at CF.net we don't have to be skeptical about EVERYTHING another person says because as fellow Christians we assume that our brothers and sisters will tell the truth most of the time. If we disagree we calmfully respectfully disagree and tenderly tell them why we disagree. I realize you probably have to keep a shield up when you are at your Science communities. (I have been there I am not just making a guess.) But you dont have to do that here. We are not going to start bashing you as soon as you make a post. You can lower your weapon. But anyway back to topic, I don't believe the scientific method is a worldview, Its a method of determining facts. But the scientific method will not always work. When you live in Christ you find your integrity is always very well. You will feel better. You will always have a home to come to for people to help you out and answer otherwise offensive questions Cool headed and tenderly with understanding. Following the commandments will only end in good results. Thats a promise. If you don't believe me give it your best shot to do so. (You will obviously fail but the less the better.) Over long periods of time you will see serious results from not living a life in sin. You truely cant see it if you aren't over here. Its not just a stupid assertion. Its a fact. You don't understand Christianity unless you are Christian. You can only see that by taking the plunge yourself. As I said. But you have been moved so far from the Lord that the devil has nearly beheaded you.

I am sorry to hear that you think that Satan has nearly beheaded me... :eeeekkk

You can believe whatever you want, as long as you don't try to force it on me. I fancy myself a good person, and I don't live in "Sin" seeing as I don't kill, and almost always tell the truth. I don't steal or cheat, or covet other's possessions.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'd rather avoid Skype at this time simply because I share a small apartment with other people so it is not conducive to Skyping. You could send me P.M's though.

You can talk about YEC vs. OEC, Just with respect towards the other party involved. Not with blunt insults. If you want to talk about YE vs. OE get a membership to the Christianity and Science forum and start a thread there. Thats always a hot topic in there.

I would be more comfortalbe talking about my major in a place where I won't get banned for expressing my opinion.

In fact, I want to personally invite you guys to a group call on skype, I have a couple of friends who are interested in your opinions.

I'd rather avoid Skype at this time simply because I share a small apartment with other people so it is not conducive to Skyping. You could send me P.M's though.

Ohhh.... I tend not to like delay chat type things because it takes out the human aspect of it. I like Skype because I can commnicate with you in real time.

I would be more comfortalbe talking about my major in a place where I won't get banned for expressing my opinion.

In fact, I want to personally invite you guys to a group call on skype, I have a couple of friends who are interested in your opinions.

What is your major, if I might ask? I can Skype at some point, today is simply not a good day for it at my apartment.

I am sorry to hear that you think that Lord Satan has nearly beheaded me... :eeeekkk

You can believe whatever you want, as long as you don't try to force it on me. I fancy myself a good person, and I don't live in "Sin" seeing as I don't kill, and almost always tell the truth. I don't steal or cheat, or covet other's possessions.

Very well :nod, By the way I didnt say "Lord Satan" :lol Just reread the last sentence again and you would see. But he has dragged you far from the Lord. First by deceiving you out of Christ in the first place. (Im not so sure you were ever properly there anyway.) But thats up for debate and a whole other private messaging discussion. Then after he got you he pushed you away and got you used to being away from him and denying anything that has to do with him.

LOL You wont get banned for expressing your opinion! As long as you express it as an OPINION and just that! In the Christianity and Science forum you can openly talk about OE vs. YE. Its all up for discussion. You can claim anything that has to do with science. (As long as you dont claim the non-existance of God as a fact.) But OE is perfectly acceptable. Anything scientific is up for discussion. As long as you discuss with RESPECT and not blunt insults around every corner.

What is your major, if I might ask? I can Skype at some point, today is simply not a good day for it at my apartment.

Ohh... Let me clarify. I self study college Courses. I also have a colledge tutor, but I have not finished Highschool yet. I can not officially Major anything yet. I on,y say Major because it is something that I study, and learn more of.

Ohh... Let me clarify. I self study college Courses. I also have a colledge tutor, but I have not finished Highschool yet. I can not officially Major anything yet. I on,y say Major because it is something that I study, and learn more of.

And we are having a talk about relgion.... Some if us suggested letting theists in, but we have not had luck. I would like to answer your questions during live chat today and if you want let us know your perspectives and opinions.

Very well :nod, By the way I didnt say "Lord Satan" :lol Just reread the last sentence again and you would see. But he has dragged you far from the Lord. First by deceiving you out of Christ in the first place. (Im not so sure you were ever properly there anyway.) But thats up for debate and a whole other private messaging discussion. Then after he got you he pushed you away and got you used to being away from him and denying anything that has to do with him.

Lol, I had a brainfart. I saw Lord, and satan and I was typing clearly, my mistake.:lol

And we are having a talk about relgion.... Some if us suggested letting theists in, but we have not had luck. I would like to answer your questions during live chat today and if you want let us know your perspectives and opinions.
I am interested just have one question. Can you do skype chats without video chats? And is this going to be a bash fest or will I be treated with respect reguard less of my views? Because I understand Skype is a neutral enviorment. I am fine with Q&A and good debate with eachother. I just don't want to start getting bashed as soon as i enter the chat.

I am interested just have one question. Can you do skype chats without video chats? And is this going to be a bash fest or will I be treated with respect reguard less of my views? Because I understand Skype is a neutral enviorment. I am fine with Q&A and good debate with eachother. I just don't want to start getting bashed as soon as i enter the chat.

You don't need to video. Do you have a mic? Even if you don't you can just chat and we will talk. I can promise not to bash, and I have confidence my friend won't either.

Are ya in? My friend is interested. Plus we have this other person that might come, and we want him to hear bother sides of the argument.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't need to video. Do you have a mic? Even if you don't you can just chat and we will talk. I can promise not to bash, and I have confidence my friend won't either.

Are ya in? My friend is interested. Plus we have this other person that might come, and we want him to hear bother sides of the argument.

I don't know if I can do skype though, Perhaps somewhere else? I know. Outside of these forums I can call up a live chat room where the chat will move much faster than here. Just let me open one and then give your friend the link. I am currently researching Evolution and the facts for it and against it so i can settle on one side or the other. First impulse would be to settle on OE but I have to be sure about things. So if you wouldn't mind i will ask plenty of questions. Because Im not exactly an evolution "officianato".

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back