Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Christians, are on Probation

Jay T I have a question for you:

I consider myself to be in the family of Christ. I hate sin. I just like the apostle Paul proclaim, "For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I dot want to do-this I keep on doing." (Romans 7:19) and "What a wretched man I am! (Romans 7:24). And I am eternally thankful that Christ has saved me from this sinful nature.

I despise sin and my sinful nature and I have set my mind and my goal on living a God-pleasing life. But are you saying that if I do infact commit a sin, that I am not in Christ? I'm just honestly trying to understand where you are coming from...

Thanks!

Fnerb said:
Jay T I have a question for you:

I consider myself to be in the family of Christ. I hate sin. I just like the apostle Paul proclaim, "For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I dot want to do-this I keep on doing." (Romans 7:19) and "What a wretched man I am! (Romans 7:24). And I am eternally thankful that Christ has saved me from this sinful nature.

I despise sin and my sinful nature and I have set my mind and my goal on living a God-pleasing life. But are you saying that if I do infact commit a sin, that I am not in Christ? I'm just honestly trying to understand where you are coming from...

Thanks!
Honesty, is the main ingredient...for living a Christian life.

If you need more info from what I have written below....feel free to ask, as sometimes I need to rephrase my words, to get my meaning across, OK ?

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
(I believe that this is refering to 'accidental sins')

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Most people have absolutely no idea what the Bible defines as sin.....and God accepted that for a time, BUT NOW.......
Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

How few in the Christian world understand that to break the 4th commandment is, a SIN AGAINST GOD !

What is the 4th commandment....
Exodus 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
20:10 But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates:
20:11 For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

The 10th commandment.......
Exodus 20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor any thing that [is] thy neighbour's.

The Biblical definition of sin is this:
#1.) 1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

#2.) Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? [is] the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

There is no such thing as "accidental sin". Sin is "missing the mark" of God's righteousness. The definition of the Hebrew and Greek words translated sin is "missing the mark". All sin comes from being drawn away from doing right by the desires of the flesh.

The Israelites were given the law of Moses of which the fourth commandment is one. The ten commandments pictured the righteousness of God and they were given to Moses to declare that mankind "missed the mark" and that mankind needed a saviour. Jesus expounds upon what was written concerning the law of Moses in Matthew 5, and how it is even more detailed than the Israelites thought. Not only was the act of adultery missing the mark of God's righteousness (sin), but looking at a woman with lust in ones heart for her is also sin. The fourth commandment given to the Israelites was a picture or shadow of things to come. Keeping the seventh day holy by resting from work is met today by keeping every day holy and resting from our work in order to be about the work of God in our lives.

Solo said:
The fourth commandment given to the Israelites was a picture or shadow of things to come. Keeping the seventh day holy by resting from work is met today by keeping every day holy and resting from our work in order to be about the work of God in our lives.

Which we are told in Colossians 2:16-17.

As Paul mentioned, the rest of the Sabbath was a picture of what Christ would come to give us in full reality. In Matthew 11:28-30 you see Christ offering that very fulfillment of what the Sabbath day pictured.

Fnerb said:
Which we are told in Colossians 2:16-17.
Yes, Paul is telling the Christian NOT to let ANYONE judge you for obeying God.

Paul kept the 7th day sabbath (Acts 17:2).

He knew the time would come when the modern Christian world would look down upon those who obey God, and consider them, "............"

As Paul mentioned, the rest of the Sabbath was a picture of what Christ would come to give us in full reality. In Matthew 11:28-30 you see Christ offering that very fulfillment of what the Sabbath day pictured.
And Jesus Christtold HIS followers to observe the 7th day sabbath during the Great Tribulation period......
Matthew 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

And, to answer Solo, as I know he will read this.

Regarding 'accidental sins'.......
I look at 'accidental sins....as a person who might hit their finger whith a hammer, while nailing a board, and lets out a curse word before they realize what they are really doing, is what I call 'accidental', as it was not a premeditated forethought....such as delibertly, with premedtation...choose to refuse to obey God's commandment to not steal, for example.

Which brings up the case of Adam & Eve.....was it by 'accident', they coveted...stole....against God's express command ?
OR...was it premeditated ?

Jay T said:
And Jesus Christtold HIS followers to observe the 7th day sabbath during the Great Tribulation period......
Matthew 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

And, to answer Solo, as I know he will read this.

Regarding 'accidental sins'.......
I look at 'accidental sins....as a person who might hit their finger whith a hammer, while nailing a board, and lets out a curse word before they realize what they are really doing, is what I call 'accidental', as it was not a premeditated forethought....such as delibertly, with premedtation...choose to refuse to obey God's commandment to not steal, for example.

Which brings up the case of Adam & Eve.....was it by 'accident', they coveted...stole....against God's express command ?
OR...was it premeditated ?

The flesh does not accidently sin. The flesh is sold under sin. If one sins, it is the flesh that is sinning. The New Creature born of God does not sin. The flesh is sold under sin, and in the flesh dwells no good thing. Keeping the ten commandments does not save anyone. Believing on the name of Jesus Christ does.

Solo said:
The flesh does not accidently sin. The flesh is sold under sin. If one sins, it is the flesh that is sinning. The New Creature born of God does not sin. The flesh is sold under sin, and in the flesh dwells no good thing. Keeping the ten commandments does not save anyone.
On this, we agree.
As the Bible says:

Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded [is] death; but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace.
8:7 Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

The keeping of the 10 commandments is the proof of having Jesus Christ in a person's life.

An UNsaved person CANNOT keep the 7th day sabbath, for example.
WHY ?
Really look at what the following Bible verse says.....
20:20 And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I [am] the LORD your God.

This Bible verse reveals a relationship between both God and the believer, and it is the REASON God set the 7th day sasbbath as the 'SIGN" of that relationship.

Because from a legal or moral standpoint...the 4th commandment, the 7th day sabbath makes no sense....EXCEPT, that God has set it up, as the very sign of a relationship between Himself and the believer.
The 7th day sabbath rests on God's word alone, and that is the supreme test of belief, for a Christian.
Will they accept it on God's word alone, without any other reason to support it ?

And NO person, who does not believe, in God's word, will accept this !

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:
2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Believing on the name of Jesus Christ does.
Believing in Jesus Christ entails EVERYTHING He said and did.

Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Christians are on probation?

I wish, Jay T, you could see that as believers, and in the body of Christ, that Paul's good news is that we are complete in Christ Jesus.

The believer in Christ has been:

Joined to Christ in His death, His CUTTING OFF, Col. 2:11.

Joined to Christ in His DEATH BAPTISM, Col. 2:12.

Joined to Christ in His QUICKENING, Eph. 2:5.

Joined to Christ in His RISING, Col. 3:1, 2:12.

Joined to Christ in His SEATING, Eph. 2:6.

Joined to Christ in His GLORY, Col. 3:4.

Are we perfect yet? Of course not. But I have the Holy Spirit indwelling me, to guide me. And God's love is now in my heart, because of which, I love my neighbors, and even my enemies.

Re: Christians are on probation?

Bick said:
Are we perfect yet? Of course not. But I have the Holy Spirit indwelling me, to guide me. And God's love is now in my heart, because of which, I love my neighbors, and even my enemies.
Yes, the Holy Spirit's job is also to.....
'bring to your rememberance the words of Jesus Christ (John 14:26)
QUESTION: Did not Jesus say....'go and sin no more' ?

Did Jesus not tell us how Christians are to observe 'ALL' the commandments of God, including the 7th day sabbath ?

The Holy Spirit is call the 'Spirit of Truth' (John 14:17.....15:26......16:13).
Sunday worship services is not the truth.....nor is the Rapure theory.....not the Immortal soul doctrine....ect....ect.

There is more to learn of the Holy Spirit's finction....than most people realize.

Jay T,
Do you still sin? Do not be afraid to be truthful for one time in your life, If God be for you who can be against you?

Solo said:
Jay T,
Do you still sin?
Whe you become God...THEN, you will have the right to ask me that.
You want to set yourself up as Judge over men....YOU HAVE NO RIGHT !
Do not be afraid to be truthful for one time in your life, If God be for you who can be against you?
Do you still sin ?
DON'T answer that....which you should NOT anyway....just remember IF you do admit to committing a KNOWN sin.....THEN, you have DISOBEYED Your God, Jesus Christ, who said: 'go and sin no more'.

The Blood of Jesus Christ DOES NOT cover KNOWN sins......

10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Atonement said:
12,000 Jews from every tribe of the Jews which is 12 = 144,000

Jay T are you Jewish?
A born-again person is a Israelite......

Romans 2:29 But he [is] a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision [is that] of the heart, in the spirit, [and] not in the letter; whose praise [is] not of men, but of God.

Back