Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Christians commanded to keep the Sabbath? (7th Day)

charlesj said:
Hello Gabbylittleangel:

Glad you pointed a scripture in the "OLD TESTAMENT" out... this is where you MUST go to find out the violation of the Sabbath.

You will NEVER find ANY scriputre in the NEW COVENANT on Sabbath breaking.... because THERE IS NONE!

thanks again,
your servant in Messiah,
charlesj

Sure there is.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

What sin?

1 John 3:4
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

What law?

Deuteronomy 8:6
Therefore thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to fear him.

Psalm 119:115
Depart from me, ye evildoers: for I will keep the commandments of my God.

Proverbs 3:1
My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:

John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Tell me, are you one of those "New Testament" Christians?

Knowing that this verse (2 Tim. 3:16) was penned by devine inspiration BEFORE the New Testament was compilied as a book what scripture pray tell was Paul referring to?

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

The Old pershaps?

When Paul was reading the law and prophets to the newly emerging church was he reading the "old" testament or the "new?"

I prefer to think of the 7th day sabbath as God intended it to be.....a sign of loyalty towards God, based on LOVE, for God.

As a wedding ring is suppose to be a symbol of love between people, God has set up the 7th day sabbath, much the same way.

Jay T said:
I prefer to think of the 7th day sabbath as God intended it to be.....a sign of loyalty towards God, based on LOVE, for God.

As a wedding ring is suppose to be a symbol of love between people, God has set up the 7th day sabbath, much the same way.
And what is one to do on the 7th day sabbath?

Solo said:
And what is one to do on the 7th day sabbath?
What did Jesus do on the Sabbath ?
He attended Church services....visited the sick and the poor....taught people the word of God.....ect.

1 Peter 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
2:22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

REMEMBER.....God promised a blessing to those who keep the sabbath day Holy.....

56:2 Blessed [is] the man [that] doeth this, and the son of man [that] layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil. (Isaiah )

Jay T said:
What did Jesus do on the Sabbath ?
He attended Church services....visited the sick and the poor....taught people the word of God.....ect.

1 Peter 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
2:22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

REMEMBER.....God promised a blessing to those who keep the sabbath day Holy.....

56:2 Blessed [is] the man [that] doeth this, and the son of man [that] layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil. (Isaiah )
Jesus attended meetings at the temple, visited the sick and poor, and taught people the word of God seven days a week. Jesus was about his Father's business seven days a week keeping every day holy unto God. We are to do the same, not just one day a week.

We are now the temple of the living God, and it is through walking in the spirit that we know the truth of His teachings. If you want to dwell on teaching people to keep the sabbath as the main commandment in your doctrinal discourse, you are turning people onto the broad and wide path. You need to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ so that indivuals can be born again, and then keep the commandments of God. You always make it sound as if individuals must do just as you do on the sabbath to be saved. You are wrong. Individuals must repent of their evil ways, turn to God almighty for truth, believe in Jesus Christ, and follow him. No where in Scripture does Jesus or the Apostles teach that keeping the sabbath as you keep it will bring anyone into the Kingdom of God.

Solo said:
Jesus attended meetings at the temple, visited the sick and poor, and taught people the word of God seven days a week. Jesus was about his Father's business seven days a week keeping every day holy unto God. We are to do the same, not just one day a week.
Did you forget what Jesus said ?

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
Jesus kept the 7th day sabbath exactly as it reads (Isaiah 58:13,14......Exodus 20:8-11......Ezekiel 20:12,20......ect.....ect....)
We are now the temple of the living God, and it is through walking in the spirit that we know the truth of His teachings. If you want to dwell on teaching people to keep the sabbath as the main commandment in your doctrinal discourse,
No.....to ignore just ONE of the commandments means eternal death.
I'm trying to help people understand the ALL the commandments are required, for a person to have eternal life.....as Jesus Christ said so Himself.
you are turning people onto the broad and wide path. You need to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ so that indivuals can be born again, and then keep the commandments of God.
The 10 commandments (Exodus 20:3-17) are for the purpose of showing people, their need of Jesus Christ.....that is the whole purpose of the Law of God.
You always make it sound as if individuals must do just as you do on the sabbath to be saved.
Yes, I know it seems that way.
But, without pointing people to the Law of God, NO ONE will realize their lost condition.
You are wrong.
Was Jesus Christ wrong....for pointing out the 'sprirtual' aspects of the Law, with His Sermon on the Mount ?
(Matthew chapter 5)
Individuals must repent of their evil ways,
How can they do that....if they don't realize where they are in the wrong ?

turn to God almighty for truth, believe in Jesus Christ, and follow him.
Psalms 19:7 The law of the LORD [is] perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD [is] sure, making wise the simple.
No where in Scripture does Jesus or the Apostles teach that keeping the sabbath as you keep it will bring anyone into the Kingdom of God.
Revelation 22:14 Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Jay T,

When I asked you what is one to do on the sabbath, you replied, "What did Jesus do on the Sabbath ?
He attended Church services....visited the sick and the poor....taught people the word of God.....ect."

I replied with, "Jesus attended meetings at the temple, visited the sick and poor, and taught people the word of God seven days a week. Jesus was about his Father's business seven days a week keeping every day holy unto God. We are to do the same, not just one day a week."

Now you add in a very unclear manner:
Jay T said:
"Did you forget what Jesus said ?

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
Jesus kept the 7th day sabbath exactly as it reads (Isaiah 58:13,14......Exodus 20:8-11......Ezekiel 20:12,20......ect.....ect....)

Perhaps you could tell us how one is supposed to hallow the sabbath as I asked originally.

13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: 14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 58:13-14

Looking at the verse of Scripture that you have given in Isaiah 58, it says that we are to keep from doing our pleasure on the sabbath. On what days of the week is it better to keep our own pleasure and ignore the business of God's work?

Are we not to be a light to the unbelieving every day of the week by walking in the spirit?

Are we not to call every day a delight holy unto the LORD as we walk in His righteousness day by day, instead of just one day a week?

Are we not to honor God every day of the week?

Are we not to be about the works of God every day of the week, ceasing from the works of the flesh?

Should we find pleasure apart from God, or should we find whatever pleasure we have while in Christ Jesus every day of the week?

Are we to speak our own words as the Spirit of God lives inside us, or are we to speak the words as we walk in the spirit?

What day of the week would you determine that this should be done?

I agree with your following statement: Jay T wrote: "The 10 commandments (Exodus 20:3-17) are for the purpose of showing people, their need of Jesus Christ.....that is the whole purpose of the Law of God.
"

Jesus is the Salvation of man, and man is saved by the works of Jesus Christ, not by the works of man. No man can fully recognize the many spiritual truths that Jesus taught concerning the righteousness of God while teaching on the mount. He spoke of the inability of the Israelites having commandments which they could follow in the flesh. He now spoke of the more enhanced meaning of following the commandments in the spirit. Adultery is not only committing the act, but it is also looking at a woman with lust in one's eyes. Murder is not only taking the life of one in murder, but it is also murder to be angry with a brother without cause.
Jesus does not teach about the sabbath in His teachings at the sermon on the mount, but if he had, he would have said that keeping one day a week holy was not enough, but that we should keep every day holy unto the LORD.

The Holy Spirit is the one who convicts those who are lost of their condition. Once the Holy Spirit alerts one that he is in a state of condemnation and that Jesus Christ is the Saviour to all those that believe and are born again, he then knows the truth. Until then he is still lost and living apart from the righteous law of God. Again, No where in Scripture does Jesus or the Apostles teach that keeping the sabbath as you keep it will bring anyone into the Kingdom of God.

Solo said:
Jay T,

When I asked you what is one to do on the sabbath, you replied, "What did Jesus do on the Sabbath ?
He attended Church services....visited the sick and the poor....taught people the word of God.....ect."

I replied with, "Jesus attended meetings at the temple, visited the sick and poor, and taught people the word of God seven days a week. Jesus was about his Father's business seven days a week keeping every day holy unto God. We are to do the same, not just one day a week."

Now you add in a very unclear manner:

Perhaps you could tell us how one is supposed to hallow the sabbath as I asked originally.

13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: 14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 58:13-14
Looking at the verse of Scripture that you have given in Isaiah 58, it says that we are to keep from doing our pleasure on the sabbath. On what days of the week is it better to keep our own pleasure and ignore the business of God's work?
Let's look at Sports, as an example.
Many sports are played on Saturday, as I'm sure you can find just about any sports being televised on the Lord's Day (Saturday).
[quote:bb3a7]
Are we not to be a light to the unbelieving every day of the week by walking in the spirit?
Yes, and since the Law of God 10 Commandments) is Spiritual (Romans 7:14), the Christian is to present an uplifting look, at God's Law to the world....which God calls the 'Law of Liberty'

BUT, since the 4th commandment happens only one day a week, it is most difficult to show proper observance to God's Holy Sabbath to anyone, except on the 7th day of the week.
Are we not to call every day a delight holy unto the LORD as we walk in His righteousness day by day, instead of just one day a week?
Maybe you can find another Bible verse besides Isaiah 58:13 ?

Are we not to honor God every day of the week?
Yes, I believe so.
BUT, since the Bible is my instruction Book......I follow what it says...IF...I want to get into heaven.
The bottom line, is IF a person Loves God, they will do as He says......
"IF..you love me, keep my commandments", (John 14:15).
REMEMBER, the 7th day sabbath, is the TEST of Loyalty towards God.
Are we not to be about the works of God every day of the week, ceasing from the works of the flesh?
The works of the flesh is to go opposite of what God says to do......
Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Should we find pleasure apart from God, or should we find whatever pleasure we have while in Christ Jesus every day of the week?
Both King David and the Apostle Paul said:
"For I delight in the Law of God"
"OH, how I love thy Law"

These men had a 'spiritual' understanding of the Law of God.
They knew that God Law, was based on LOVE.
And, no can deny that those men knew God, quite well !
Are we to speak our own words as the Spirit of God lives inside us, or are we to speak the words as we walk in the spirit?
2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
What day of the week would you determine that this should be done?

I agree with your following statement: Jay T wrote: "The 10 commandments (Exodus 20:3-17) are for the purpose of showing people, their need of Jesus Christ.....that is the whole purpose of the Law of God.
"

Jesus is the Salvation of man, and man is saved by the works of Jesus Christ, not by the works of man. No man can fully recognize the many spiritual truths that Jesus taught concerning the righteousness of God while teaching on the mount. He spoke of the inability of the Israelites having commandments which they could follow in the flesh. He now spoke of the more enhanced meaning of following the commandments in the spirit. Adultery is not only committing the act, but it is also looking at a woman with lust in one's eyes. Murder is not only taking the life of one in murder, but it is also murder to be angry with a brother without cause.
Sin begins in the mind, before it is acted upon, which is what Jesus was trying to convey to people.
And as 2 Corinthians points out, Jesus xcan help us in that area....... 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
Jesus does not teach about the sabbath in His teachings at the sermon on the mount, but if he had, he would have said that keeping one day a week holy was not enough, but that we should keep every day holy unto the LORD.
Remember what Jesus said ?
The Holy Spirit is the one who convicts those who are lost of their condition. Once the Holy Spirit alerts one that he is in a state of condemnation and that Jesus Christ is the Saviour to all those that believe and are born again, he then knows the truth.
Until then he is still lost and living apart from the righteous law of God. Again, No where in Scripture does Jesus or the Apostles teach that keeping the sabbath as you keep it will bring anyone into the Kingdom of God.
[/quote:bb3a7]
Well the....let me point out some scriptures that you may not be aware of......
#1.) Galations 5:19 " Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Sunday worship services, falls into the category of Idolatry & heresies

As you read the following.....REMEMBER......since Righteousness is God's commandments (Psalms 119:172), UNrighteousness, is disobedience to God's commandments......
# 2.) 1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Below is the description, of who gets into heaven, and who DOES NOT.......

# 3.) Revelation 22:14 Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
22:15 For without [are] dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Again....Sunday worship services, is a lie.

Solo said:
Jay T,
What worship service do you attend, and where?
Think of me as a type of John, the Baptist....who attended no church, and did not partake of false religious services, as the religious leaders deem so important.
It is dangerous to have a person control minds of the people....as in a captive audience, relying on only that person telling them what to believe, as I feel it is an individual matter, concerning a person's salvation.

I know you don't like E. White, but her statement here bears careful consideration.........
"Satan is constantly endeavoring to attract attention to man in the place of God.
He leads the people to look to bishops, to pastors, to professors of theology, as their guides, instead of searching the Scriptures to learn their duty for themselves.

Then, by controlling the minds of these leaders, he can influence the multitudes according to his will".

(Great Controversy)
That is how the Catholic church operates.

Have you never noticed, that I never push anyone into attending a SDA church ?
WHY...you might ask ?

Because they might end up in a SDA church that might not teach the whole truth of the Bible.
INSTEAD....I recomend that people study the Bible VERY CAREFULLY.....FIRST, before entering any church.

The Bible, is what will save a person, not a church.

I've heard of some SDA churches that satan has gotten ahold of, with false doctrines, however subtle those doctrines may be.

Jay T said:
Solo said:
Jay T,
What worship service do you attend, and where?
Think of me as a type of John, the Baptist....who attended no church, and did not partake of false religious services, as the religious leaders deem so important.
It is dangerous to have a person control minds of the people....as in a captive audience, relying on only that person telling them what to believe, as I feel it is an individual matter, concerning a person's salvation.

I know you don't like E. White, but her statement here bears careful consideration.........
"Satan is constantly endeavoring to attract attention to man in the place of God.
He leads the people to look to bishops, to pastors, to professors of theology, as their guides, instead of searching the Scriptures to learn their duty for themselves.

Then, by controlling the minds of these leaders, he can influence the multitudes according to his will".

(Great Controversy)

Either Ellen G. White is a liar, or the Word of God is a liar. According to the inspired writings of the Apostle Paul to the Ephesians, Jesus gave some apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers; all for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ until we all come in the unity of the faith, and knowledge of the Son of God, unto the perfect man. I believe without a smigeon of doubt that Ellen G. White is a liar, and that she has controlled your mind through her father, the devil.

10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.) 11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: 16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love. Ephesians 4:10-16

24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Solo said:
Either Ellen G. White is a liar, or the Word of God is a liar.
According to you, they both are !

According to the inspired writings of the Apostle Paul to the Ephesians, Jesus gave some apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers; all for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ until we all come in the unity of the faith, and knowledge of the Son of God, unto the perfect man.
Is there a perfect man yet ?
Then we need prophets....pastors....Evangelists, ect.
I believe without a smigeon of doubt that Ellen G. White is a liar, and that she has controlled your mind through her father, the devil.
Of course you don't......you fight against God's commandments, just as satan does (Revelation 12:17).

Those who don't know Jesus Christ refuse God's commandments.....
2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

E. White said to keep God's commandments, as Jesus Christ did.....and that is why you hate her, because she is advocating God's word, which you oppose.

When you fight one messenger of God, you fight them all....Ezekiel.....Moses.....Jeremiah.....Paul....Peter....John.....ect.
They all say the same thing.....in varying ways.

Jay T said:
Of course you don't......you fight against God's commandments, just as satan does (Revelation 12:17).

Those who don't know Jesus Christ refuse God's commandments.....
2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

E. White said to keep God's commandments, as Jesus Christ did.....and that is why you hate her, because she is advocating God's word, which you oppose.

When you fight one messenger of God, you fight them all....Ezekiel.....Moses.....Jeremiah.....Paul....Peter....John.....ect.
They all say the same thing.....in varying ways.

Which commandments did the apostles give the church in the first century? Please give the Scripture reference.

Solo said:
Which commandments did the apostles give the church in the first century? Please give the Scripture reference.
The Gospel commsiongiven bu Jesus Chriist was followed by ALL the Apostles......
28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:

THerefore, Since Jesus Christ taught the proper observance of 'ALL' the commandments of God(Exodus 20:3-17), so did the Apostles, which included the 4th commandment, the 7th day sabbath.

Every church Paul set up, kept the 7th day sabbath.....Ephesians....Corinthians.....Thessalonians....ect.

Jay T said:
The Gospel commsiongiven bu Jesus Chriist was followed by ALL the Apostles......
28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

THerefore, Since Jesus Christ taught the proper observance of 'ALL' the commandments of God(Exodus 20:3-17), so did the Apostles, which included the 4th commandment, the 7th day sabbath.

Every church Paul set up, kept the 7th day sabbath.....Ephesians....Corinthians.....Thessalonians....ect.
You still have not answered my question. Perhaps you haven't read the entire Scripture to know the answer.

Which commandments did the APOSTLES give the church in the first century? Please give the Scripture reference.

Solo said:
You still have not answered my question. Perhaps you haven't read the entire Scripture to know the answer.

Which commandments did the APOSTLES give the church in the first century? Please give the Scripture reference.

WAIT A MINUTE HERE !!!

Who is the Lord and Savior ?

the Apostles....or Jesus Christ ?

I have similair conversations with an ex-Baptise minister, who advocates Paul's writings, over what Jesus Christ says.

He won't even study Matthew , Mark, Luke or John........because he is of the opinion that Jesus was sent to the Jews only.

NO MAN's writings, supersede what Jesus Christ said and did !
Do I make myself clear ?

Now, having said that....what was your question ?

Jay T said:
Solo said:

WAIT A MINUTE HERE !!!

Who is the Lord and Savior ?

the Apostles....or Jesus Christ ?

I have similair conversations with an ex-Baptise minister, who advocates Paul's writings, over what Jesus Christ says.

He won't even study Matthew , Mark, Luke or John........because he is of the opinion that Jesus was sent to the Jews only.

NO MAN's writings, supersede what Jesus Christ said and did !
Do I make myself clear ?

Now, having said that....what was your question ?
According to your previous post, the Apostles were given the commission by Jesus Christ, and ALL of them followed the commission.
Jay T said:
Therefore, my question remains, Which commandments did the APOSTLES give the church in the first century? Please give the Scripture reference.

Unless of course you believe that the Apostles have a different gospel than that of Jesus Christ. And BTW, Jesus did not write one single word of the Scriptures, all of the Scriptures was written by men.

Solo said:
Therefore, my question remains, Which commandments did the APOSTLES give the church in the first century? Please give the Scripture reference.
You'll have to tell me, Sir.
Unless of course you believe that the Apostles have a different gospel than that of Jesus Christ. And BTW, Jesus did not write one single word of the Scriptures, all of the Scriptures was written by men.
OK, let me quote it again......
Exodus 31:18 And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

OH, if you're thinking Christ was not there with Moses....... 1 Corinthians 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
10:3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

And another thing.....I don't like the title of this thread, whoever posted it.
I prefer to think of Jesus asking us, to keep the 7th day sabbath...instead of dogmaticly demending it, know what I mean ?

Back