Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Christmas Is Almost Here

E

elijah23

You can all be thinking about what you are going to get me for Christmas. My car is getting very old (hint, hint).

Sorry I can't help you there, my friend .... every year, I buy a new car (or truck) for my son .....

.....the newest Hallmark version, that is!

I will, however, pray that it will be possible for you to get a new car. And I will continue to pray, until you sent word that you've replaced your current old car.

Sorry I can't help you there, my friend .... every year, I buy a new car (or truck) for my son .....

.....the newest Hallmark version, that is!

I will, however, pray that it will be possible for you to get a new car. And I will continue to pray, until you sent word that you've replaced your current old car.

Thanks, but I'm okay. I'm just greedy.

*major laugh!*

It would be quite a pleasant surprise to find a huge bow atop a new car under the palm tree this Christmas, wouldn't it!

I try not to think about Christmas until at least the week of Thanksgiving. I'm a one holiday at a time type of gal and having Christmas commercials up before Halloween irritates.

*major laugh!*

It would be quite a pleasant surprise to find a huge bow atop a new car under the palm tree this Christmas, wouldn't it!

There's a bank just up the street from where I live. Maybe they'll give us all some money.

I try not to think about Christmas until at least the week of Thanksgiving. I'm a one holiday at a time type of gal and having Christmas commercials up before Halloween irritates.

I like to buy my Christmas cards by mid-November.

I like to buy my Christmas cards by mid-November.
I usually buy Christmas cards after Christmas for the following year, and I try to make gifts or buy local. Mostly because the corporations irritate me with their commercialization of the holiday. It doesn't cover 100% of everything but I try at least :)

I usually buy Christmas cards after Christmas for the following year, and I try to make gifts or buy local. Mostly because the corporations irritate me with their commercialization of the holiday. It doesn't cover 100% of everything but I try at least :)

I used to buy my Christmas cards a year ahead, but I found sometimes the glue doesn't work after a year.

Christmas is fun, but now that I'm not really a kid anymore I understand how much work has to go behind it. I didn't start getting people other than immediate family presents until a couple years ago.

Hope you can get a new vehicle, Elijah.

Christmas is fun, but now that I'm not really a kid anymore I understand how much work has to go behind it. I didn't start getting people other than immediate family presents until a couple years ago.

Hope you can get a new vehicle, Elijah.

questdriven:

I love Christmas as a testimony to the Incarnation: 'The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us' (John 1.14).

'God of God, light of light,
Lo, He abhors not the virgin's womb.
Verily God, begotten, not created,
O come let us adore Him, Christ the Lord!'

I don't really need a new car, but I am very greedy. If you could all chip in a couple of thousand dollars, it would go a long ways towards buying me one.

faeriecat:

Yes, often there are Christmas card specials in the New Year, worth keeping until the following Christmas. (Also: Canadians can note: post international Christmas cards in the US, when you are down; it saves a lot of dollars!)

I can't wait. This is the first year in a while where I will be able to provide a real Christmas for my family. Including a tree where some of the strings go out weeks before the actual date.

Question: for those who are into it, how many lights do you generally put on a Christmas tree (lights to foot ratio)?

I can't wait. This is the first year in a while where I will be able to provide a real Christmas for my family. Including a tree where some of the strings go out weeks before the actual date.

Question: for those who are into it, how many lights do you generally put on a Christmas tree (lights to foot ratio)?

Well, we don't bother with lights ... :)

Here's a song for Christmas and shows its origins. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK2DTadtygg Doesn't it look Christmasy with all the decorations even Christians put up?

Now, Yahshua was born in reality at the feast of Trumpets. I call Christmas for what it is: a winter solstice festival. No Savior was born on that day, at least not mine.

Back