Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Church of Christ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You should go and check them out at least. But if they really are teaching so many of these rather important things that you disagree with, is it wise to get involved with them? When you surround yourself with what you consider to be false doctrine, it's really hard to keep on resisting it! One or two little things, maybe. But you've mentioned quite a few pretty big issues here if it turns out they really are like this.

This scripture came to mind after reading your post:
2Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Please don't make the mistaken assumption that CoC are "unbelievers." They just believe in attitudes and actions that will never let them enjoy the kingdom here and now.... as they could if it weren't for their religion getting the way.

This is a very real depiction of most CoC Bible Studies I attended:

"Brother Smith, would you read verse #1?"
Brother Smith reads it.

"Brother Brown, can you tell us what that verse means?"
Brother Brown: "Just what it says!"

The whole class: "Amen!"

"Brother Jones, would you read verse #2?"

This is a very real depiction of most CoC Bible Studies I attended:

"Brother Smith, would you read verse #1?"
Brother Smith reads it.

"Brother Brown, can you tell us what that verse means?"
Brother Brown: "Just what it says!"

The whole class: "Amen!"

"Brother Jones, would you read verse #2?"
LOL! I can do THAT at home!

I would say earnestly pray for where God wants you. The church I attend now is not what I wanted to be "my" church. I was fine with visiting but I already had a church that I'd been a member of for more than 2 decades. As I put aside what I wanted and asked God what he wanted he told me my season there was done. Over the past 5 years not only have I grown and matured tremendously as a son of God, no longer a child, I've also recognized my purpose and have been made aware that everything I need to fulfill it now surrounds me. Cherry on top: Met my best friend/accountability partner there and I'm incredibly grateful for him. God will tell you where he needs you to be to get what he has for you and also where you can give what he has in you to those who need it from you. Godspeed

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back