Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Church

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Thessalonian said:
mutzrein said:
Thessalonian said:
Mark.13
[21] And then if any one says to you, `Look, here is the Christ!' or `Look, there he is!' do not believe it.

:crying:

Thess - what did this mean? Are you suggesting that since someone does not go to a church they have become a false prophet or believe themselves to be Christ?

btw - I believe I owe you a response in another thread. My eyes are getting bit blurry looking so if you can spot it pse let me know.

Thanks

Nope. Not what I am suggesting at all. It's not that she does not go to Church that caused me to post it. The problem is the promotion of personal opinions and philosophies about God as the truth. The problem is everyone on this board contradicting eachother and yet presenting their own opinions as truth. I don't post it just about her. Its alot more than just what Church you go to or not.

Blessings

Doesn't everyone express opinions because they believe them to be true? So what opinions are you expressing that are NOT true?

And therefore isn't everyone who disagrees with your truth, mistaken?

An opion by deffinition has no basis in fact, when an opinion is then based in fact and proven it become knowlege not opinion which may or may not be true.

For example the fact that the church is not have church buildings and pastors is the opinion of many. However when we read the NT carefully with an open mind, we can move that from opinion to knowlege since the bible itself prove it to be so.

Ok, some will say it is a matter of interpretaion. Well, if they come up with pastors and buildings their interpretation is wrong simple as that. Why? They are not there and have to be read into the bible, it is still only opinion not based in fact.

Henry said:
An opion by deffinition has no basis in fact, when an opinion is then based in fact and proven it become knowlege not opinion which may or may not be true.

For example the fact that the church is not have church buildings and pastors is the opinion of many. However when we read the NT carefully with an open mind, we can move that from opinion to knowlege since the bible itself prove it to be so.

Ok, some will say it is a matter of interpretaion. Well, if they come up with pastors and buildings their interpretation is wrong simple as that. Why? They are not there and have to be read into the bible, it is still only opinion not based in fact.

Thanks Henry - I agree & still waiting for Thess will respond.

mutzrein said:
Henry said:

Thanks Henry - I agree & still waiting for Thess will respond.

Ed, we don't see many things eye to eye but you are certainly ok in my book. :wink:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back