Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Climate Alarmism

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Don't remember ww1 or 2 or Korea but the rest I do remember seeing it on the news.
I wished I asked aunt ella more on old Florida and her days as a child labor .

My grandpa ,her younger brother told me a few things about the Dixie hwy that was one of the first high ways built
He said in 1927 he would drive his model a from nagetuk ,CT to wpb it,it took days and said in Florida it was mostky dirt roads.us1 and us27.irc.
I have hunted the old us1 there is a brick road he had to drive near Daytona .and also a few older locations in my county and ft.pierce,a tiny section

I wished I asked aunt ella more on old Florida and her days as a child labor .

My grandpa ,her younger brother told me a few things about the Dixie hwy that was one of the first high ways built
He said in 1927 he would drive his model a from nagetuk ,CT to wpb it,it took days and said in Florida it was mostky dirt roads.us1 and us27.irc.
I have hunted the old us1 there is a brick road he had to drive near Daytona .and also a few older locations in my county and ft.pierce,a tiny section
Yea quite a bit wasn't even dry, alot of wetlands until humans started draining and filling in with dirt making roads then communities.

Everytime the weather changes someone calls climate change. We'll it is climate change. The earths climate is and always has been changing. Dangerous planet in a dangerous universe.

No one can deny climate change but human involvement I think it's minimal. We having floods at moment, blaming climate change, we been having floods for ever not like it's anything new.

Here is an interesting article on carbon dioxide and global warming.

A few extracts (my emboldening):
"2. Revealing statements from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).

In 2007 the IPCC Assessment Report 4 contained the following statement in the chapter by Working Group 1 : " The climate system is a coupled non-linear chaotic system and therefore the long term prediction of future climate states is not possible

And it was further confirmed in 2010 by Ottmar Edenhofer Chairman of the UN – IPCC Working Group 3 who said " One must say clearly that we redistribute de-facto the world's wealth by climate policy..... One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. This has almost nothing to do with environmental policy any more". (link in http://bit.ly/2QaeDsr). When it became clear during the temperature pause, 1999 onwards, that the forecasts were not supported by the empirical data, Professor Chris Holland of the Hadley Centre for Climate Prediction and Research said: "The data doesn't matter. We are not basing our recommendations on the data. We are basing them on the climate models." Refer to note 16 for model reliability. Such quotes are never mentioned in the news media."

7. The life of CO2 in the atmosphere is short

There are 37 scientific papers which have examined the life of CO2 in the atmosphere. In 35 of them the findings varied between 3 years and 7 years. One of them found 25 years (Suess&Lal 1983). One of them found in excess of 100 years. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) chooses to take 100 years . This is never mentioned in the news media.

9. Water vapour is the main warming gas and forms 95% of all the warming gases

Water vapour is beyond the control of man. Water vapour has a substantial warming effect. Interestingly water vapour in the form of clouds has both a warming and a cooling effect. The net effect varies due to the nature of clouds. This is never mentioned in the news media.

In 2007 the IPCC Assessment Report 4 contained the following statement in the chapter by Working Group 1 : " The climate system is a coupled non-linear chaotic system and therefore the long term prediction of future climate states is not possible
I notice that James Hanson of NASA accurately predicted warming over 30 years in advance, using only atmospheric levels of carbon dioxide. So "long term" is a very long time, indeed.

There are 37 scientific papers which have examined the life of CO2 in the atmosphere. In 35 of them the findings varied between 3 years and 7 years. One of them found 25 years (Suess&Lal 1983). One of them found in excess of 100 years. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) chooses to take 100 years . This is never mentioned in the news media.
Yeah. Why do you think there was a difference in the outcomes between doing nothing and doing something? It matters. As long as we keep putting in more than the system can remove, it's going to accumulate more. If we stop, it will won't go up. How long will it take? That's still unclear.

9. Water vapour is the main warming gas and forms 95% of all the warming gases

Yep. The only reason carbon dioxide has such an effect is that it absorbs infrared radiation at wavelengths other greenhouse gases do not. And because the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere is not rapidly increasing. If warming leads to thawing of permafrost, and release of all the methane frozen therein, carbon dioxide may become a secondary concern.

Back