Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Climate Alarmism

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
HI Barbarian
Some scientists therefore argue that reduced amounts of available solar radiation caused the Little Ice Age.
Exactly Clarence!!!! Some scientists, therefore, argue ...
The problem here, as I see it, is that you're trying to argue a proven point that all science doesn't agree is a proven point. Are you somehow smarter than they are? Do you have some insight that allows you to know that the reduced sunspot activity really caused the 'little ice age', when qualified scientists can't actually present that as fact, yet.

And of course, this exactly answers my complaint. A lot of this fear mongering is based on questionable 'facts'. There are things that the small perverse minds of men don't know and we have for centuries, since the study of 'science' became a big deal, had dozens of claims of proof that later turned out to have been wrong. Most of them are based on faulty work, but most of them are just a matter of our thinking that we know more than we actually do know.

I prefer to trust that the God who loves us, has created a place for us to live that will, despite the wickedness of man's plans, endure until He determines the end.

God bless,
Ted

Hi again Barbarian
Right. It's very unlikely that humans will make the entire Earth uninhabitable. But much of it will be less habitable as human-caused warming proceeds. This is already happening. would you like some examples?

Yes, that may be so. However, I've got a timeshare on Ft Lauderdale Beach that I've owned for 40 years. Just about every summer I go down to spend a week on the beach. The water level is the same place it's always been. Now they're trying to tell me that in another 30 years the water will be 2" higher. Maybe. Further, while we see ice melting today, these projections of catastrophic loss are still some 30 years away. What if the atmospheric conditions roll around to getting colder a degree or two and the ice replenishes itself? All these unknowns that come into play that we don't have any idea how they interact.

We just really don't have a clue how God made the earth to cleanse itself of the damage that mankind might cause. Anyway, I'm fine with the world moving to a new energy plan in order to reduce air pollution. It keeps people employed working in new technologies and purposes. I get that and I'm fine with it. But I don't live in fear that if we don't accomplish these self appointed tasks that the earth will be destroyed.

So, the truth is that right now we are working towards goals that we believe to be righteous, but we really don't yet have any proof that it is. I'm surrounded by 'science' that's trying to convince me that they are able to prove that the universe is billions of years old. I know that's just not true. But it's a knowledge that comes from faith and, I believe, the guidance of the Holy Spirit and God's word.

God bless,
Ted

HI Barbarian
No doubt, this isn't a surprise to God. But that's not license to blame him for our poor stewardship.
where in the world did that come from? I'm not blaming God for anything. I'm praising Him that He foresaw all of this and made the earth to endure in season and out of season until the end that is decreed.

God bless,
Ted

where in the world did that come from? I'm not blaming God for anything. I'm praising Him that He foresaw all of this and made the earth to endure in season and out of season until the end that is decreed.
Not saying you do that. But many climate alarmists are saying that God created the Earth to have this warming, but it is really being caused by human activity. Yes, an omnipotent Creator would foresee it happening, but that's not a justification.

The problem here, as I see it, is that you're trying to argue a proven point that all science doesn't agree is a proven point. Are you somehow smarter than they are?

I merely note that every solar minimum is followed by colder climate. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Even now, the warming trend has slowed slightly as the current minimum is being masked by the increase in carbon dioxide.

Hi Barbarian
Not saying you do that. But many climate alarmists are saying that God created the Earth to have this warming, but it is really being caused by human activity. Yes, an omnipotent Creator would foresee it happening, but that's not a justification.
I don't seem to follow your thinking here. Alarmists are saying that God created the earth to have this warming. Who exactly are the alarmists? People like you who think we need to do something about the current conditions or people such as myself that figure God's got this?

...but it is really being caused by human activity. Work this out for me please. God created the earth to have this warming, but you know for a fact that He didn't envision or plan for any human activity in all of this? Is that what you're telling me?

Do you even know, on any factual basis, that your claim that God created the earth to have this warming is a true statement?

I mean, I guess I'm fairly ignorant in all of this, but how do you know that God created the earth to have this warming effect? Then, how do you know, that He didn't plan for what man was going to do to it?

See, I think of God as being more omniscient than that and more accurate in His telling us that the earth will not be destroyed until He destroys it when His judgment comes. It will be destroyed by fire. Now, some think we're pretty close to the last days. They look around at all the rampant sin all over the world, of which the U.S. is likely the worst, and decry that the end is near.

If God has told us already through His word that the earth will be destroyed by fire, then perhaps we are getting near the time of Jesus' return and God is preparing the earth to burn baby burn. Over the next 30 years, we may see Jesus return. God's wrath poured upon the remaining inhabitants of the earth and then the fire to beat all fires. Maybe it's God's plan that this is all over in another 30-50 years. And we are seeing the growth of hate and fear and angst that God's word also tells us will be the nature of mankind when that day comes.

Maybe!? I don't know about the times of His choosing. What I know is that God created the earth about 6,000 years ago as a place where mankind could live, and the earth will endure for that purpose until God says it's over.

Just to give us something to chew on, here's a statement a gleaned from one report on the issue:
  • For 70 years, temperatures dropped by 1.8 to 2.7 degrees Fahrenheit.
I wonder, during those 70 years, yea 70 years of cooling off of temperatures in pretty much the same range as we're talking now about getting warmer, did people go around telling everyone to light up their fireplaces and set out smudge pots on the streets to warm up the atmosphere. That the end was eminent because in 30 more years we'll all be frozen stiff on a planet that has returned to the ice age? 70 years! That's a long run for an atmospheric or seemingly unnatural phenomenon to go on without there having been some fear among the people that the world would soon freeze over.

So that lasted for 70 years. Nobody had even an inkling of foresight that it would end one year out there in the future from where they were living. What if that's exactly what's happening now? The earth is experiencing an adjustment and will return to a more normal pattern of climate activity in maybe another 20 years. We don't know what God has instituted in the plans of this created ball of mass existing in space, to keep it going until He says it's over.

Listen, here in the U.S. we're running out of water. Maybe this is God's plan to release more of the frozen stores of water from the ice masses so that we can continue drinking. Yes, that water would have to be desalinated if we don't collect it before it melts back into the salty sea. But more water and hotter temperatures will mean at least one thing. We'll surely get more rain from the heating up of the climate. That's just a natural given as the hydrologic system makes adjustments for the higher heat and additional water resources from the melt off. Today we may actually find, if it ever gets studied, that the greater rains that the Midwest of the U.S. is now experiencing, are a good result of this global warming trend. Yes, the rains have been torrential and have created havoc in some places, but I'm not sure that on the scale that God needs to work with to bring about changes in the earth's atmosphere, that things such as this are just part of the scale of His work.

I'm just saying. It's fine to work out and discuss all these issues, but let's be careful about what we present as facts that are unproven as far as their relationship to this phenomenon. Yes, some scientists say that the 'little ice age' was caused by lack of sunspot activity. Yes, there are other scientists who attribute the phenomenon to different causes or willingly admit that we just don't know. So, apparently there really isn't any hard and fast 'proof' of the two being related, or else believing scientists could show that solid proof to the unbelieving scientists and they'd all sit around and drink beer and sing 'Hail thee fine fellow'. It's a theory that some have come up with to explain the phenomenon.

You see, I can prove to you that water seeks level. I can replicate and reproduce the phenomenon in countless ways. On the scale of work that God did in creating the heavens and the earth...we don't have a clue about what really is or isn't happening all around us every day. We have lots and lots of theories!!! I mean, we have a theory to explain a black hole, but since no one has ever really experienced what they do up close and personal, it's just a theory. We have a theory about how old the earth is, but until someone comes to us from the day it was created and says, "Yes, I was there when the earth was created and it is so many years old". All we have to support any claim of the earth's age are merely theories.

This is where science and I part ways. I have no problem with science that explains the here and now that can be proven by repeatable testing methods. But extrapolation is not real science! To say that we know that light travels at a particular speed and then try to go back through the centuries of earth's existence and say, "So we know the earth is so many years old based on how long it would take that light from some distant star to reach our eyes". That's extrapolation. You weren't there on the day that God created all the stars. He could have flung them across the universe from a point here near the earth, and as they traveled farther and farther away, we have always seen their light. Nobody was there!!!!! Nobody knows!!!!! He could have miraculously stretched the light of the distant stars to earth in the immediate moment of the creation event.

What I know, is that God says He put all the stars out there and that He tells us that the earth is only about 6,000 years old. I therefore know, based on God's testimony, that this idea that they heavens and the earth are billions of years old is just misguided science. Now I can't prove that because no one can prove how God does what He does with any solid, verifiable evidence.

We don't know how God parted the Red Sea, but He has told us that He did.
We don't know how caused the sun to stand still in the sky for nearly a full day, but He has told that He did.
We don't know how He caused every firstborn child in an entire nation to die in one horrible night, but He has told us that He did.
We don't know how He caused an animal whose only possible sound can be a braying, speak to a man in plain language that the man could understand, but God tells us that He did.
Every miracle that God tells us about in His word is something that we cannot prove or say 'how' God did it. Yet we believe that for the 2nd greatest miracle of His known existence to us, we have it all figured out. Naaaaa!!!!!

God bless,
Ted

HI Barbarian

So, let's say for argument's sake, that the current outlook is correct. Land ice is going to melt and the sea levels will begin to rise. Fortunately, God is more merciful to us today than He was in Noah's day. This time the seas will creep up a couple of inches over the next 10 years. Then, if the melting continues (?), the sea levels will rise another few inches over the next 10 years and so forth and so on.

Yes, a lot of people are going to 'have' to want to move! With any luck Trump palace will become a giant underwater cesspool. LOL! But my point is that it will be slow and while it will cause us to make some major changes in infrastructure all around the world, it is survivable and everything is rebuildable somewhere else.

There are some small islands that house folks who will likely need to assimilate into other cultures on other pieces of dry ground. In the meantime, we can adapt to the necessary changes and in another thousand years the earth will cool off and the ice will refreeze and we'll be able to build new hotels along a new broad, wide Ft. Lauderdale strip.

In the meantime, it's fine with me to work on cleaner energy. When would that ever be a bad thing? I just refuse to listen to the argument that because I'm cooking with gas I'm going to destroy the earth! I know that's not going to happen!!

God bless,
Ted

The scam was apparent when it went from "Global Warming " to "Climate Change" . The wording made it harder to argue against .

So, let's say for argument's sake, that the current outlook is correct. Land ice is going to melt and the sea levels will begin to rise. Fortunately, God is more merciful to us today than He was in Noah's day. This time the seas will creep up a couple of inches over the next 10 years. Then, if the melting continues (?), the sea levels will rise another few inches over the next 10 years and so forth and so on.

Yes, a lot of people are going to 'have' to want to move! With any luck Trump palace will become a giant underwater cesspool. LOL! But my point is that it will be slow and while it will cause us to make some major changes in infrastructure all around the world, it is survivable and everything is rebuildable somewhere else.
Yes. The coastline will retreat a bit. A lot of cities and expensive coastline homes are going to be messed up. A few places like some Pacific island nations and Bangladesh will be in real trouble. But saltwater infiltration and more dangerous storm surges will be the immediate issues.

No one I know of thinks using natural gas will destroy the Earth. But it will make life harder for people in decades to come.

Hi Barbarian

Yes, that's what we'll do as the sea level creeps. As it becomes a real issue, then beachfront properties and even inland cities on low lying ground will be inundated. New Orleans will likely have to close down.
No one I know of thinks using natural gas will destroy the Earth.
Are you asking what problems using NG causes? Personally, I don't have a clue. Like I say, I'm not sold on this idea that a lot of these things are really causing the problems we are associating them with. That the earth has gotten warmer of the last 100 years there is no doubt. What exactly is causing it is still a theoretical problem as far as I can tell.

But if it comes...it comes. I've been through a pretty massive hurricane that pretty well wiped out most of south Miami-Dade county. Had to move. I've been through a tornado here recently. Had to move. All of these natural disaster phenomenon that come upon the earth, and man has to just deal with it! We can soften the blow with property insurance, but ultimately there's no guarantee that you'll get to lay your head down in your bed tomorrow. This earth that God created does bring us some pain sometimes.

Kentucky recently had massive flooding and the valley mountain terrain always get swollen creeks and rivers from heavy rain. People are suffering for months and years because of natural disasters that come upon us. Can we stop hurricanes from sweeping over cities and towns? Can we stop tornados from forming and killing dozens to hundred of people every year? We can maybe stop some of the fires, the one's caused by human carelessness. Tsunamis are tough to stop, but we're better at predicting them and getting people to safety...I think. Didn't actually go well for Japan, huh?

God bless,
Ted

Hi Barbarian

Yes, that's what we'll do as the sea level creeps. As it becomes a real issue, then beachfront properties and even inland cities on low lying ground will be inundated. New Orleans will likely have to close down.

Are you asking what problems using NG causes? Personally, I don't have a clue. Like I say, I'm not sold on this idea that a lot of these things are really causing the problems we are associating them with. That the earth has gotten warmer of the last 100 years there is no doubt. What exactly is causing it is still a theoretical problem as far as I can tell.

But if it comes...it comes. I've been through a pretty massive hurricane that pretty well wiped out most of south Miami-Dade county. Had to move. I've been through a tornado here recently. Had to move. All of these natural disaster phenomenon that come upon the earth, and man has to just deal with it! We can soften the blow with property insurance, but ultimately there's no guarantee that you'll get to lay your head down in your bed tomorrow. This earth that God created does bring us some pain sometimes.

Kentucky recently had massive flooding and the valley mountain terrain always get swollen creeks and rivers from heavy rain. People are suffering for months and years because of natural disasters that come upon us. Can we stop hurricanes from sweeping over cities and towns? Can we stop tornados from forming and killing dozens to hundred of people every year? We can maybe stop some of the fires, the one's caused by human carelessness. Tsunamis are tough to stop, but we're better at predicting them and getting people to safety...I think. Didn't actually go well for Japan, huh?

God bless,
Ted
Andrew?

Don't worry. The robots will save us. Lol.

Anyone know how I can afford to purchase a cheeseburger if there is no job openings there? I need to earn a dollar first to spend a dollar. Or is it free. Lol.

Last edited:
The barrier island is on sand.look I don't need to pay via taxes some govt study when my own uncle and fil surveyed my area .

Fil said rt 60 as his job was the one who cleared it was built in a marsh .

Miami was part of the everglades .the Spanish saw that and settled Only on the high grounds which was Pensacola and st Augustine . Until the last few decades a large swathe of the center of the state because it had to be drained first was reversed unsurveyable.

Look nasa literally filled the cape to put launch pads.old communities are not put in marshlands .they on that area where on the high grounds the center of the cape was a marsh .

But let's ignore what the Spanish observed and why they decided not to settle Florida .because it was a marsh .

So NASA can relocate to Edwards AFB ,white sands and also other places afar from the ocean .if not I'm buying it.florida water is buried under porous limestone .most water I drink is well above the aquifer.its shallow wells the aquifer is less hit by salt water .

Lake Wales to Ocala is a high point .ocean made .level Disney move NASA there .

Sorry these co2s won't be touched by these idiotic pushes for electric as well china is exempt and using coal .

The Miami river had a spring and water fall .it was once above where it was .we dredged the higher parts of that and he we are .

I can post a map of Dade showing how close the glades got to the intercoastal.it touched it near west palm.

My county where I live was under water and had to be drained .the high points became lumber and cypress farms .
That's a good example on just how much man can effect the planet. capable of changing ecosystems, the atmosphere is included.

The atmosphere and the earth's ecosystems are parts of a coupled system, man can effect either one even both at the same time.

That's a good example on just how much man can effect the planet. capable of changing ecosystems, the atmosphere is included.

The atmosphere and the earth's ecosystems are parts of a coupled system, man can effect either one even both at the same time.
L

Look before man came and dredge the river it had fish deaths .

Hurricanes opened and closed inlets one occured a few years ago
These solar panels and lithiuim battery (400 years to make enough to actually have enough green power to store energy ) will decinatr the earth wirde then any fossil fuel project .

That was my point I could have said .

It's why Im skeptical of the suggestions .

I have heard the recycle company here that serves the tricounty area dumpling it at the normal yard .

L

Look before man came and dredge the river it had fish deaths .

Hurricanes opened and closed inlets one occured a few years ago
These solar panels and lithiuim battery (400 years to make enough to actually have enough green power to store energy ) will decinatr the earth wirde then any fossil fuel project .

That was my point I could have said .
Hurricanes do create stuff, here where I live there is a land mass called willoughby spit formed by a hurricane.

My point is you mentioned how man can drain large swats of wetlands, man can effect the atmosphere also.

Hurricanes do create stuff, here where I live there is a land mass called willoughby spit formed by a hurricane.

My point is you mentioned how man can drain large swats of wetlands, man can effect the atmosphere also.
If man can destroy earth devoid it of life .then the the solution is to let men go extinct there are people who think that way .

Reducing the Earth's temp by .019 c is not even gonna make my summer less hot.

I wint notice the Earth's drop at 80 degrees from 81 at 99 percent humidity .now I can see what humidity does using my temp probes and how quick my truck cools.

Leaving mountains of land for green energy per that post won't save the earth but merely shift the problem.

I can post the problems of so called green energy .

Electronics already limited in ca.

Back