Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Climate Alarmism

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
If man can destroy earth devoid it of life .then the the solution is to let men go extinct there are people who think that way .
Come on Jason, you've read the book, right? You know that's not going to happen. So those people you reference who 'think that way' are just wrong. I'm ok with that. I also know that all those 'who think' that there is no God, or that 'think' that here is some other God,...they're all wrong, too!

Now, you're not going to likely convince them of that, but as a believer, you know that they're wrong. That's all there is to it. Man has deceived himself concerning the things of God since,... well...since the day that Eve allowed herself to be deceived concerning the things of God.

God bless,
Ted

From your link jasonc:
There is a certain logic to this: More powerful computers typically need more electricity to operate. But since the smaller, simpler computers hit their energy consumption limits more easily than expanded computers do, the rules are actually encouraging people to get bigger computers that consume more electricity.

The guy writing this doesn't seem to understand what he's reading. According to his own testimony, these regulations apply to computers when they are not in use. So, how is it that he figures this rule is 'encouraging people to get bigger computers'. Who cares what their computer can do when it's asleep?

I think that as an industry, not necessarily as an individual because we're all greedy, selfish, self-centered folk, that they should push for more energy conserving. I don't have a problem if they can shut down running programs or other features of a computer WHEN IT'S ASLEEP!!!!! To me, that's the perfect time for us to try and conserve energy.

God bless,
Ted

From your link jasonc:
There is a certain logic to this: More powerful computers typically need more electricity to operate. But since the smaller, simpler computers hit their energy consumption limits more easily than expanded computers do, the rules are actually encouraging people to get bigger computers that consume more electricity.

The guy writing this doesn't seem to understand what he's reading. According to his own testimony, these regulations apply to computers when they are not in use. So, how is it that he figures this rule is 'encouraging people to get bigger computers'. Who cares what their computer can do when it's asleep?

I think that as an industry, not necessarily as an individual because we're all greedy, selfish, self-centered folk, that they should push for more energy conserving. I don't have a problem if they can shut down running programs or other features of a computer WHEN IT'S ASLEEP!!!!! To me, that's the perfect time for us to try and conserve energy.

God bless,
Ted
A computer then doesn't actually sleep but then draws on the battery as I burned out my battery doing that .a computer has a cmos battery must be recharged or well goof luck fixing that as well new computer time .

Given the cost of batteries and the known problem of them going out of date it's simply easier to buy a new one.
My lap top won't run without a cord longer then 10 minutes because the battery is bad .

A lap top is designed to fail.
So leaving then plugged in to charge will save them batteries ,or required as he said above build more tl use more power .

You can't store keep alive cheaply especially when it's write and read memory .

Car batteries often reset the radio and ecm learn curve when removed because keep alive is only for the odometer and codes are erased that way .

HI jasonc
A computer then doesn't actually sleep
Right! And I imagine that's what they're looking at. How they can get the computer to shut down things that keep drawing power even when it's asleep. I imagine that we're talking very, very, very minute amounts of energy. But, we're in this phase where everyone is getting attaboys for coming up with ways to conserve or turn our energy production green. It's the new technology.

When you and I were children it was the telephone and the television. And today, just by getting rid of all the diode tubes we save gazillion amounts of electrical current. Gosh, remember all those little glowing lights when you'd look into the back of the TV cabinet. And how hot the back of the picture tube got. Heck, we're saving energy even in our home A/C since they got rid of those things. Nowadays you have these huge 70 inch screens and they produce practically no heat.

Different times...different adaptations and changes to technology.

From your link:

The California Energy Commission has implemented standards that strive to reduce the amount of energy computer systems use while idle or sleeping.

All that's happening here is that CEC has implemented standards that strive to reduce energy consumption, but only as it applies to the sleep or idle mode of the computer. Just like the NEC implements standards all the time for electrical practices and electrical devices. The computer is a device and the CEC may have say over just about anything that draws energy. They can't throw us in jail or stand us before a firing squad, but they can force manufacturers to make changes so that in 10-15 years nobody has any of the old stuff anymore. So, in likely 10-15 years everybody will have these "Greenstar" rated computers.

As is now quite common when it comes to energy and environmental issues, CA is jumping out first. However, they shot themselves in the foot when they decided to close down their last nuclear power station. The environmental tree huggers haven't figured out yet that nuclear energy is likely our best of best choices for the production of electrical current. Especially now with the demand to increase for EV's.

God bless,
Ted

If man can destroy earth devoid it of life .then the the solution is to let men go extinct there are people who think that way .

Reducing the Earth's temp by .019 c is not even gonna make my summer less hot.

I wint notice the Earth's drop at 80 degrees from 81 at 99 percent humidity .now I can see what humidity does using my temp probes and how quick my truck cools.

Leaving mountains of land for green energy per that post won't save the earth but merely shift the problem.

I can post the problems of so called green energy .

Electronics already limited in ca.
Humidity is the amount of water in the air

Come on Jason, you've read the book, right? You know that's not going to happen. So those people you reference who 'think that way' are just wrong. I'm ok with that. I also know that all those 'who think' that there is no God, or that 'think' that here is some other God,...they're all wrong, too!

Now, you're not going to likely convince them of that, but as a believer, you know that they're wrong. That's all there is to it. Man has deceived himself concerning the things of God since,... well...since the day that Eve allowed herself to be deceived concerning the things of God.

God bless,
Ted
I didn't but I personally know a few .my wife believes that the earth will not have trees in her grandchilds adulthood .I told her .uh no .

So yes it's not unusual .
Humidity is the amount of water in the air
Yet it isn't less in Florida during the winter .yet the ac system cools faster .

In the desert it gets hot 130 plus and yet because of lower humidity it cools faster ,I have seen ac systems ice up in Afghanistan in temps like that .

Florida with the same ac unit nope not gonna happen with 85 degrees.

I use humidity measurements to see if the high side is right and the charge proper .the heat load will and it is what I meant .

I didn't but I personally know a few .my wife believes that the earth will not have trees in her grandchilds adulthood .I told her .uh no .

Yet it isn't less in Florida during the winter .yet the ac system cools faster .

In the desert it gets hot 130 plus and yet because of lower humidity it cools faster ,I have seen ac systems ice up in Afghanistan in temps like that .

I use humidity measurements to see if the high side is right and the charge proper .the heat load will and it is what I meant .
Ac will ice up from a dirty filter or low on a charge

True the evaporator coil can freeze do to humidity but I don't see the connection. What does humidity have to do with anything?

Anything the earth naturally does gets blammed on climate change. We just had bad weather and floods, apparently climate change, well yea the earths climate is always changing so i wont argue that, always has and always will. Floods are natural, so are tsunamis, and volcanos, and hurricanes, and earthquakes, and droughts, and whatever. We live on a dangerous planet in a dangerous universe. The earth is not some paradise that bows down to humans.
The earth isn't going to stop what humans are doing. A asteroid could hit the earth and wipe out all life but the earth will continue.

Ac will ice up from a dirty filter or low on a charge

True the evaporator coil can freeze do to humidity but I don't see the connection. What does humidity have to do with anything?
Because my point is that ...19 cesisus less then a degree in f.

You wouldn't notice the need to avoid using ac.

Your are asked to reduce usage here .when a heat wave hits it has strained grids to where they must charge more .imaging a day with 95 degrees and you can't run ac in a house because of rationing .modern homes unlike pre mcm homes are built to avoid large spaces with air flow .

Look up a dog trot house,shot gun house and those have breezeway designs so that are could flow in one direction and large windows .

Humidity for tomorrow's forecast makes 81 feel like 85,in the shade it's dropped by one degree.

Would you pay all that money for power to charge your electric car to not maje a dent ?

In the UK the cost of charging your ev is the same as paying for gas .because the cost of power is that high .

fossil fuels products are owned by private companies who jack up the price.
I'm gonna say it this way

If Chinese ceases lithium mining

Would the battery prices not go up?

Yup they would .

Look I remember when gas was five bucks.gas per contract with the city was half that no tax at all.

It also went up when it renewed but never reach above three a gallon .no taxes!

Taxes in sometimes are over half the price you pay .

Your are asked to reduce usage here .when a heat wave hits it has strained grids to where they must charge more .imaging a day with 95 degrees and you can't run ac in a house because of rationing .modern homes unlike pre mcm homes are built to avoid large spaces with air flow .

Look up a dog trot house,shot gun house and those have breezeway designs so that are could flow in one direction and large windows .

Humidity for tomorrow's forecast makes 81 feel like 85,in the shade it's dropped by one degree.

Would you pay all that money for power to charge your electric car to not maje a dent ?

In the UK the cost of charging your ev is the same as paying for gas .because the cost of power is that high .
Ac units are pretty new, people before the invention of air conditioning made it.

Many places have been dealing with power shortage for years. California has been struggling since 2003.

I'm gonna say it this way

If Chinese ceases lithium mining

Would the battery prices not go up?

Yup they would .

Look I remember when gas was five bucks.gas per contract with the city was half that no tax at all.

It also went up when it renewed but never reach above three a gallon .no taxes!

Taxes in sometimes are over half the price you pay .
China is the 6 largest producer of lithiuim. There's plenty of countries who produce it.

China is the 6 largest producer of lithiuim. There's plenty of countries who produce it.
So they just make that difference up?

No that won't happen.
That's my point .

If Saudi Arabia says it won't raise oil production and OPEC doesn't other countries can't just drill fast enough and prices will rise

Ac units are pretty new, people before the invention of air conditioning made it.

Many places have been dealing with power shortage for years. California has been struggling since 2003.
And little old ev won't solve that .

Not green power ,see my battery video .

Ac was invented before WW1

It didn't become a house hold item until four decades later .many mcm homes here never had central air or even window shakers.

The first ac cooled building was in Miami for Florida,a school .that was 1940.

Trane invented ac for cooling radio systems .irc.

Ac therefore is by invention over hundred years old .

So they just make that difference up?

No that won't happen.
That's my point .

If Saudi Arabia says it won't raise oil production and OPEC doesn't other countries can't just drill fast enough and prices will rise
No these are the top 6 companies who produce the most. they don't make up the difference they produce more than China.

Albemarle
Livent
Australia
Lithium Americas Corp.
Pilbara Minerals
China

America is still the top producer of oil in the world at 14.5
Saudi Arabia produces 12.5

Back