Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Compromising with the World

i can act as a teen and say those things, but i haven't. i do that with Nathan only. usually to poke at him. i did that last time i was with him. the best one was when he jammed his fingers and i and his mother without telling each other said the same thing i aslo said i would kiss it and he turned me down , why the nerve!
Haha
Uh yeah...if he took you up on the kiss, you need to teach him a thing or 2. :lol

Haha
Uh yeah...if he took you up on the kiss, you need to teach him a thing or 2. :lol
lol.he hard one of my sarcastic rants. it wasn't in anger but to make a point. i was teaching him to back up and said the lengths of the marking for the parking spaces are the same on each side and its not like this
haha, f**(* u we made one side longer just because
the pitch in how i said is what made him laugh.

:lol
I was trying to say something about how neither of you act your age but I couldn't find the right words that would make it sound exactly what you thought I was saying.

If you can understand the mess I just wrote, it doesn't matter how old you are, kuddos to you. lol

No! Neither of you are immature - no way, both are very spiritually mature!
I was just kidding with you.
But I truly was surprised when I found out how old you are. You are more mature then most young people these days.

The Spirit of Truth will teach all things, and brin all things to remembrace.

We should look at how Jesus lived. He said "I didn't come to abolish the law, but to fulfill it. The law will pass away when heaven and earth do." He did the will of the father. The Pharisees did the will of themselves. He said "Had you believe Moses you'd believe me, for he wrote of me." They had no faith. So Jesus was our example of true faith, which is lettig the Spirit lead us.

Instead of thinking "How can we make Church more fun to the world?" Perhaps we should be praying "God. Show me how to enjoy your values, have true fun in life, and walk in your 'shalom shalom;' perfect peace or peace upon peace (Isaiah 26:3? Or is it 23:6?)."

For it is written that if we don't live Holy, people won't see the Lord in us. If they see us having godly fun, which should be better than worldly fun (our hearts should be burning and our peace should be surpassing all understanding), then they should be made jealous.

Instead of figuring out how to walk, figure out how to be walked - let Christ, our King, walk us, not we ourselves.

Gosh, I thought everyone had heard of Campus Crusade for Christ. Guess I'm a lot older than I tell myself I am.

Yes, that's soooooo 1970's! :hysterical

I won't make too much fun of it, though., I'm a child of the 70's --- 70's was my teenage years so I was in the thick of it, along with the Partridge Family and Marsha Brady (my crush).

I cant stand the partridge family. there was a bus years ago that was painted like theirs. sometimes when I read the mccansh park route, I think of that bus. it was seen in that area. it has a park in the middle of it called troy l moody.

You kids are cracking me up. Duck & Cover Drills in school are still very fresh in my mind.

And you guys think you invented the hysteria about the imminent end of the world being right around the corner.

Last edited:
You kids are cracking me up. Duck & Cover Drills in school are still very fresh in my mind.

And you guys think you invented the hysteria about the imminent end of the world being right around the corner.

The duck cover drill........that'll stop the radiation from reaching you.:hysterical

I remember those drills.

The duck cover drill........that'll stop the radiation from reaching you.:hysterical
actually if they aren't in the ground zero area or blast area that its that bad, they would make it, alpha and beta radiation, its deadly but well how many have died from the jap tsunami outside the plant?

actually if they aren't in the ground zero area or blast area that its that bad, they would make it, alpha and beta radiation, its deadly but well how many have died from the jap tsunami outside the plant?
I am assuming they will have health issues, including their kids for generations to come

I am assuming they will have health issues, including their kids for generations to come
beta radiation is fallout, so is alpha and nuke plants produce both. we have cherynobyl which was worse then japan nuke problem. yet that was in 86. so we should see the problem with that in eastern Europe by now.

beta radiation is fallout, so is alpha and nuke plants produce both. we have cherynobyl which was worse then japan nuke problem. yet that was in 86. so we should see the problem with that in eastern Europe by now.
Are you saying radiation isn't dangerous?

Are you saying radiation isn't dangerous?
if you have no cuts and clothes on that stops alpha radiation. with the clothing. beta barely penetrates the skin. gamma is what got the men in the plant. that is deadly but that is emmited at the initial impact of a nuke at ground zero and its what causes the vaporization of the bodies and the heat that is the fallout to be. gamma can be emmited in a plant but not at the point like a nuclear missile hitting a target.

if you have no cuts and clothes on that stops alpha radiation. with the clothing. beta barely penetrates the skin. gamma is what got the men in the plant. that is deadly but that is emmited at the initial impact of a nuke at ground zero and its what causes the vaporization of the bodies and the heat that is the fallout to be. gamma can be emmited in a plant but not at the point like a nuclear missile hitting a target.
What if alpha is in the air? Isn't it dangerous if a person inhales it?

I take it man they don't teach any of that anymore. what I quoted is from memory and also from my days in the army during the cold war when we trained for the even of a nuke attack and what to don and do. have you ever heard of white sands missile range?

I take it man they don't teach any of that anymore. what I quoted is from memory and also from my days in the army during the cold war when we trained for the even of a nuke attack and what to don and do. have you ever heard of white sands missile range?
They taught it, alpha can't penetrate the skin but it can be inhaled and it's not good. That's what I remember about alpha. lol

White sands in Nevada?

They taught it, alpha can't penetrate the skin but it can be inhaled and it's not good. That's what I remember about alpha. lol

White sands in Nevada?
fallout is too big to be inhaled. way too big. besides the fallout isn't that long. Nagasaki and hiroshoma had their victims of radiation poisoning and sickness. if you get hit that hard you will die with weeks from the sickness.

no, white sands in new mexico near the army base called ft.bliss. there is glass sea from the atom bomb tests done there.

Back