Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Coronavirus

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Statistics are

94% Recovery
6% Death

Not sure about the 6% how old or young they were and if they had any medical conditions.

Last edited:
Only 5 here and no new cases for over a week now. Probably because we got a big wall around us and small population.

5 cases out of 4.7 million population, but Italy probably has a way higher population and Europe has open boarders.

Plus its summer there now. Your flu season will start soon. That's when Kiwi elderly will need to be careful.

A youngster like you would be in no real danger. Just be careful not to give it to a senior citizen if you catch it.

Statistics don't really work anyhow, I mean millions of people could have mild, light, even no symptoms and recover and it's just never been recorded, no one will know the real numbers. The death rate is possibly well under 1%, possibly 0.1%, they can only go on known cases so those statistics will always be higher.

It's true the elderly and people with some medical conditions need to be careful.

Every past year thousands of people have died from the flu and get hospitalised and no one seemed to care.

Last edited:
Statistics don't really work anyhow, I mean millions of people could have mild, light, even no symptoms and recover and it's just never been recorded, no one will know the real numbers.

True. The young may get it, and never realize it because their symptoms are so mild. However, if they give it to an older person:

Atlantic said:
Today, Italy has 10,149 cases of the coronavirus. There are now simply too many patients for each one of them to receive adequate care. Doctors and nurses are unable to tend to everybody. They lack machines to ventilate all those gasping for air.

Italy's health care system is completely overwhelmed. Their hospitals are refusing to care for many older patients, and anyone with certain preexisting conditions. They are just told to go away.

Atlantic said:
But if Italy is in an impossible position, the obligation facing the United States is very clear: To arrest the crisis before the impossible becomes necessary.

They are trying very hard to keep what is happening in Italy out of other countries. China built field hospitals to treat thousands. The west doesn't have much manufacturing capability anymore, so field hospitals are not being built in the west. Sick people are just told to go away.

Last edited:
Yes, there are about 2,500 new cases reported in Italy today. Over 300 new cases in America today.

Now this is where what I've been saying gets scary...
12% of all cases are going to require hospitalization (what they classify as severe) with intubation and oxygen.
BUT if your hospitals are past capacity then the death rate increases because of a lack of hospital access.

Now today we heard that only 230+ died today.
From the website I linked to...I'll link again. It's not got any bias but it limits itself to official reports.

Scroll down the page to see the countries listed individually.
Thanks.

Yes,,, I see the total cases here at 12,500 and deaths at 859.
Let's see what they say this evening....last evening it was 8,000 confirmed cases.

It spread rapidly here due to the migration of those in the North trying to get away from it....so now it's all over.

I don't understand why there are so few cases there.

Yes, there are about 2,500 new cases reported in Italy today. Over 300 new cases in America today.

Now this is where what I've been saying gets scary...
12% of all cases are going to require hospitalization (what they classify as severe) with intubation and oxygen.
BUT if your hospitals are past capacity then the death rate increases because of a lack of hospital access.

Now today we heard that only 230+ died today.
From the website I linked to...I'll link again. It's not got any bias but it limits itself to official reports.

Scroll down the page to see the countries listed individually.
P.S.
10,000 new nurses are being hired....
You're right about the hospital situation.
They're trying to keep persons out of hospitals unless they really need it....can't breath? etc-

What's funny?
The govt always seems to have the money when it's necessary....and yet we're taxed to death over here.

If I got corona where I live then billions of people would have it. I cannot really be more isolated, miles away from the closest town that's only small, out on the coast in the far north at the bottom of the world.

Last edited:
Back