Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Coronavirus

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Is that just not common sense?. It's a normal everyday practice that people should wash there hands in general, and not cough or sneeze towards other people, especially babies and elderly people.

It's a normal civilised practice when you cough or sneeze you always cover it and never direct it towards another person or open air.

It should be but it isn't. God gave everybody common sense, but not everybody uses it.

No...it's not overboard or over the top.
The whistle blower was a healthy 57...they had to hook him up to a ventilator to help him breathe...and he still died.
Now how many of those gizmos do the hospitals have lying about? Especially if there are a thousand cases of this.

The world is gearing up to handle this. But it's still not ready.
We don't have a sure fire antiviral. We don't have a vaccine like we do now for the flu.
Just like the influenza pandemic that killed a lot of people during WWI...we are in the same exact shape. They tried isolation for the sick...they had similar medicines as we do today.

This is a lot more serious than you think.

Like I said before, sure it's serious but I sort of agree with him. How are they to know that that many people are going to die from it?

It should be but it isn't. God gave everybody common sense, but not everybody uses it.

Like I said before, sure it's serious but I sort of agree with him. How are they to know that that many people are going to die from it?
Past history...
What happened with the influenza virus during the first world war. This one has a higher mortality rate.

He is cooking his numbers too.
Epidemiology is a study of numbers and people at large. This guy who wrote the article isn't one of those.
He keeps comparing apples to oranges and kiwifruit...and that's just wrong.

SARS was a completely different animal than what we are facing. Sure his article is all about calming fears...
And he cooked the numbers to prove his point thinking that it would escape notice.
This article isn't helping.
My wife and I have friends who work for the World Health Organization. We've done BBQs and dinners together. They are accurately reporting the numbers, telling us what they mean.
Currently there is a dip in the mortality rate...as if it's run its course. But the friends we have say that this dip is preliminary at best. It's far from over.
We need facts...and so far what facts we have are facts that this is going to be bad.

Swine flu, Spanish flu, Boston flu are all the same virus with different names. There are many types of flu...but this one strain keeps coming back again and again.
This one strain of flu keeps killing and killing.
Not old enough to die from this strain of flu? Just wait...it will get you yet.

This one is kinda like MRSA on steroids. It's gonna get ya... just a matter of time.

So you think,doctors gave out antibiotics for the cold!

No, they give out Tamiflu for the flu. Antibiotics are only for strep, pneumonia, and other bacterial infections. The common cold has no cure. People just ride it out until their bodies defeat it.

So far, there is no treatment for corona. All they can do is give people oxygen while their own defenses combat corona.

He is cooking his numbers too.
Epidemiology is a study of numbers and people at large. This guy who wrote the article isn't one of those.
He keeps comparing apples to oranges and kiwifruit...and that's just wrong.

SARS was a completely different animal than what we are facing. Sure his article is all about calming fears...
And he cooked the numbers to prove his point thinking that it would escape notice.
This article isn't helping.
My wife and I have friends who work for the World Health Organization. We've done BBQs and dinners together. They are accurately reporting the numbers, telling us what they mean.
Currently there is a dip in the mortality rate...as if it's run its course. But the friends we have say that this dip is preliminary at best. It's far from over.
We need facts...and so far what facts we have are facts that this is going to be bad.

Swine flu, Spanish flu, Boston flu are all the same virus with different names. There are many types of flu...but this one strain keeps coming back again and again.
This one strain of flu keeps killing and killing.
Not old enough to die from this strain of flu? Just wait...it will get you yet.

This one is kinda like MRSA on steroids. It's gonna get ya... just a matter of time.

I suppose you have a point. Even though I get yearly flu vaccinations, that doesn't guarantee that I won't get it, there's just less of a chance.

No, they give out Tamiflu for the flu. Antibiotics are only for strep, pneumonia, and other bacterial infections. The common cold has no cure. People just ride it out until their bodies defeat it.

So far, there is no treatment for corona. All they can do is give people oxygen while their own defenses combat corona.

I don't think you can get Strep if you don't have any tonsils right? Cause I had mine removed when I was around three or four.

So what does zithromax do?,I have took that numerous times for cold with asthmatic reaction ,antibiotics are also antiflammatory ,

So given i have been chewed out for using sick time or,worked with no insurance. Just ride the flu and spread for these too young rather then use tammifku?

A flu test is $10 at Walgreens (along with the $80 doc visit)
If positive you get tamiflu. Otherwise go home.
Tamiflu stops a particular enzyme in your body that the flu virus needs to reproduce. You need that enzyme. Giving it out for anything other than flu has the potential of doing more harm than good.

Kiwidan . . . I think the reason people are more concerned about this virus than the flu is because the flu has a vaccine to prevent the spread. We are all in God's hands right now.

So what does zithromax do?

Sometimes people with lung issues develop a bacterial infection of their lungs while their body is fighting a viral infection. Fluid can build up in the lungs from the fight with viruses. This fluid invites infection from bacteria. If you doc hears fluid in your lungs, an antibiotic could be prescribed proactively.

Sometimes people with lung issues develop a bacterial infection of their lungs while their body is fighting a viral infection. Fluid can build up in the lungs from the fight with viruses. This fluid invites infection from bacteria. If you doc hears fluid in your lungs, an antibiotic could be prescribed proactively.
That's not what that article says and having fluid in my lungs It's Perfectly Normal for asthma they don't want me taking cpac's all the time. Cuz they don't subscribe a z-pack what does severe attacks have nothing to do with cold if you tickle me laugh I will have a two-hour coughing fit and have to take 3 days of work off ever cough up mucus I have by puking it

One of the doctors tell me take z-pack as a reduces anti-inflammatory then I hear that it really doesn't do it at instead now I take a similiar set up prednisone when I have really severe attacks

This is why everyone should respect bio security and understand why a country has boarders and everyone must enter legally.

Last edited:
It makes infection less likely, but doesn't make you completely immune. You still have to take precautions like washing your hands before eating or touching your face.

I really hate admitting it but I'm not always really good with washing my hands. :oops2 (Or not touching my face. Oh and I didn't know that you could still get Strep Throat even if you didn't have any tonsils. Hmm,.. how is that possible? Isn't that only a tonsil related disease? :chin)

I really hate admitting it but I'm not always really good with washing my hands. :oops2 (Or not touching my face. Oh and I didn't know that you could still get Strep Throat even if you didn't have any tonsils. Hmm,.. how is that possible? Isn't that only a tonsil related disease? :chin)
Strep is only a class of bacteria....not specific.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back