Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Coronavirus

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Mosquitoes kill like 3000 people a day, and humans kill like 1000 people a day, many people die from cancer every day, so take a deep breath and wash your hands.

True, it's very good to wash your hands but it isn't a miracle cure either.

I have a good immune system. In the last 30 years I have been sick a couple of times but I got over it very quick. It don't last longer than a day before my body wins and the sickness dies.

I don't actually get sick very often and I've never had the flu. Probably because I have a very good immune system as well. :)

I don't actually get sick very often and I've never had the flu. Probably because I have a very good immune system as well. :)

Last time I got some type of sickness was when I was about 7 or 8. That hit hard. I was sick like in bed with shivers and high temp and had weird dreams, vomitting and so on. That was the last time I was physically sick and stuck in bed can't move or throw up.

Get sick like that once as a child and each year as the flu advances so the immune system counters it and advances.

Look,
This Corona Virus is going to be with us for a while. Years at least.
It's got a long incubation period unlike the flu. Meaning that people spread it long before they feel sick.

With a higher mortality rate than influenza...there's reason for caution and keeping it from spreading until medicines and immunizations are in place.
The TSA worker caught it...who knows how many people he spread it to or who gave it to him.
Italy went from 60 cases to 1,000 in 30 days. I wonder at the count next month.

This isn't "Chicken Little" type stuff...this is serious. California has it growing and multiplying rapidly too. Boston has its cases too. This is going to be everywhere. If I catch it I'll end up being hospitalized. This isn't the same as the flu.

Look,
This Corona Virus is going to be with us for a while. Years at least.
It's got a long incubation period unlike the flu. Meaning that people spread it long before they feel sick.

With a higher mortality rate than influenza...there's reason for caution and keeping it from spreading until medicines and immunizations are in place.
The TSA worker caught it...who knows how many people he spread it to or who gave it to him.
Italy went from 60 cases to 1,000 in 30 days. I wonder at the count next month.

This isn't "Chicken Little" type stuff...this is serious. California has it growing and multiplying rapidly too. Boston has its cases too. This is going to be everywhere. If I catch it I'll end up being hospitalized. This isn't the same as the flu.

I know it's serious and scary but it's also been mediaized.

I know it's serious and scary but it's also been mediaized.
Mostly because the Democratic primary election is really really boring and pointless.
But in this instance...the media is not telling the whole story.
This virus is coming and it's going to kill a lot of people.
They are trying to slow it down...but it's not working.
The World Health Organization is all over this...for a reason. They are scared.
Between 50-250 million people are going to die from this. That's not cool.

I'm seeing the mortality rate is about 10 times that of the flu.

The time to pick up good habits like washing your hands and not touching your face is now. I'm having a hard time with it.
That helps...but there's always that bozo who comes to work sick...and infects everyone.
Except in this case helps the company out by killing all those about to retire.

Its a selective virus. Healthy people in their 30s are in no real danger from it. Anyone over 60 should take reasonable precautions like washing their hands, and pray for health. A 30 year old would not be in any danger from the virus, but if not careful could give the virus to a senior. People could endanger their parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles if they are careless. Its best if everyone takes reasonable precautions to protect those over 60. Keep it away from seniors until a treatment can be developed.

Its a selective virus. Healthy people in their 30s are in no real danger from it. Anyone over 60 should take reasonable precautions like washing their hands, and pray for health. A 30 year old would not be in any danger from the virus, but if not careful could give the virus to a senior. People could endanger their parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles if they are careless. Its best if everyone takes reasonable precautions to protect those over 60. Keep it away from seniors until a treatment can be developed.
A "thirty something" will likely survive the illness...but who wants to be that sick?

A "thirty something" will likely survive the illness...but who wants to be that sick?

No one of course. Best if everyone takes reasonable precautions.

In parts of Asia its considered the polite thing to do for sick people to wear face masks in public to protect those around them.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back