Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Covid Rebound after Plaxovid

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

stovebolts

Well great.. My wife and I tested positive a week ago Tuesday and got on the five day Plaxovid treatment. Last Saturday was my last dose and I felt great. By the following Tuesday I started a slight cough and assumed I was just clearing out.

It is now Friday at 3 am and I woke up coughing and my nose is plugged. I should mention that my lungs were burning the day I got on Plaxovid as I am prone to Pnemonia. My lungs currently hurt and I feel like I am fighting the beginnings of Pnemonia.

For kicks and grins, I just took a rapid test 20 minutes ago and yes, I tested positive and the test came back quick with a heavy line which I’ve been told means I’ve got a heavy viral load. Looks like I’ll be going in for a chest X-ray and whatever else after the dr opens.

Will keep you in my prayers.
Thanks. I’m at the Dr now waiting for a checkup. It’s very difficult to talk. Oddly, I’m being told that even though I tested positive and my condition is worsening, I’m not contagious. I don’t understand this.. do you know anything about this?

Thanks. I’m at the Dr now waiting for a checkup. It’s very difficult to talk. Oddly, I’m being told that even though I tested positive and my condition is worsening, I’m not contagious. I don’t understand this.. do you know anything about this?
That is a bit strange, but I know from my previous job that after about 10 days they said people were typically no longer contagious. Maybe the understanding about that has changed. It could be that people are most contagious a couple of days before the onset of symptoms and then a few days after. I would think that as long as a person is symptomatic they are contagious, although that may depend on symptoms (such as fever or coughing).

If you tested positive, it’s obviously detecting the virus, so I would have thought you would still be contagious.

Just talked to the doctor. He said the CDC says I’m not contagious, but he said it tongue in check with his N95 mask and gloves all while trying to maximize the distance between us lol! The impression I got was he didn’t fully trust the CDC guidelines lol!

Waiting for X-rays now but he believes it’s the start of Pnemonia and wrote a bunch of scripts including two different types of inhalers.

Fun fun…

Just talked to the doctor. He said the CDC says I’m not contagious, but he said it tongue in check with his N95 mask and gloves all while trying to maximize the distance between us lol! The impression I got was he didn’t fully trust the CDC guidelines lol!

Waiting for X-rays now but he believes it’s the start of Pnemonia and wrote a bunch of scripts including two different types of inhalers.

Fun fun…
Lol! Yeah, that’s kind of how it was at work too, with shifting information. Since that job ended with the isolation requirement being lifted, I’m a bit out of the loop on the info coming directly from the provincial health department, but they still mandate masks for all who work for them.

To me, that’s kind of the scariest part—they still don’t have a good understanding of this virus after two years, not that I blame them at all with how differently it affects people.

Lol! Yeah, that’s kind of how it was at work too, with shifting information. Since that job ended with the isolation requirement being lifted, I’m a bit out of the loop on the info coming directly from the provincial health department, but they still mandate masks for all who work for them.

To me, that’s kind of the scariest part—they still don’t have a good understanding of this virus after two years, not that I blame them at all with how differently it affects people.
I’ve got a good friend that works at the hospital in IT but he has always been fascinated with viruses. He’s my go to guy on Covid. He’s the kind of guy that is constantly learning and he runs on about 4 hours of sleep. He is the smartest person I know. Side note, he was an Athiest and back in the day, boy did we argue! However, we didn’t let that come between our friendship. Last year he asked me to come over to talk with his so. Who wanted to know about God. My friend, the Athiest could find a reason not to submit himself to Christ that same day. God is simply amazing!

Anyway, sorry for the side track. But yes, I think your right. They are still trying to figure this Covid virus out. This is the worst I’ve had Covid and my wife and I together got on Plaxovid at the same time. She is fine but here I am with what is probably Pnemonia. Go figure.

I think in part that maybe it just goes to show the genetic diversity between us. Clearly, she has a better immune system than I do and we can’t blame it on diet because we both eat the same things… well, except she has a sweet tooth and I don’t. My go to is pop corn. Maybe I need to drop the pop corn and start eating more cake lol!

I’ve got a good friend that works at the hospital in IT but he has always been fascinated with viruses. He’s my go to guy on Covid. He’s the kind of guy that is constantly learning and he runs on about 4 hours of sleep. He is the smartest person I know. Side note, he was an Athiest and back in the day, boy did we argue! However, we didn’t let that come between our friendship. Last year he asked me to come over to talk with his so. Who wanted to know about God. My friend, the Athiest could find a reason not to submit himself to Christ that same day. God is simply amazing!
He is! That's fantastic! At my previous job, I worked with a family doctor from Nigeria (going through Canada's process to become a doctor here), and he is one of the smartest guys I know. (Catholic, but we had some fantastic discussions, as he believed his salvation was by grace alone.) Anyway, he was my go to guy, which was great because he had a go to guy elsewhere in the country who was a virologist or immunologist. Now that we haven't talked that much since the job ended, I feel like I don't know anything. lol I would like to keep researching it all, but I am trying to up-skill to find work.

Anyway, sorry for the side track. But yes, I think your right. They are still trying to figure this Covid virus out. This is the worst I’ve had Covid and my wife and I together got on Plaxovid at the same time. She is fine but here I am with what is probably Pnemonia. Go figure.

I think in part that maybe it just goes to show the genetic diversity between us. Clearly, she has a better immune system than I do and we can’t blame it on diet because we both eat the same things… well, except she has a sweet tooth and I don’t. My go to is pop corn. Maybe I need to drop the pop corn and start eating more cake lol!
Just make sure to wash it down with some Coke. lol It also doesn't help that there are so many variants out there, some of which can evade the immune system.

Well great.. My wife and I tested positive a week ago Tuesday and got on the five day Plaxovid treatment. Last Saturday was my last dose and I felt great. By the following Tuesday I started a slight cough and assumed I was just clearing out.

It is now Friday at 3 am and I woke up coughing and my nose is plugged. I should mention that my lungs were burning the day I got on Plaxovid as I am prone to Pnemonia. My lungs currently hurt and I feel like I am fighting the beginnings of Pnemonia.

For kicks and grins, I just took a rapid test 20 minutes ago and yes, I tested positive and the test came back quick with a heavy line which I’ve been told means I’ve got a heavy viral load. Looks like I’ll be going in for a chest X-ray and whatever else after the dr opens.

Brutal. Hang in there.

Just wanted to give an update. Dr prescribed an antibiotic, a steroid and an inhaler on Friday. Each day I feel better and better. I actually feel 'normal' today.
I felt a huge relief Saturday morning when I woke up and I could actually sing in worship yesterday.
Thanks for the update. Can't keep a good man down :)

Just wanted to give an update. Dr prescribed an antibiotic, a steroid and an inhaler on Friday. Each day I feel better and better. I actually feel 'normal' today.
I felt a huge relief Saturday morning when I woke up and I could actually sing in worship yesterday.
Albuterol?

While not for everyone:
Pursed lip breathing exercise is sometimes recommended.

Breathe in through the nose and out through clenched / pursed lips. Kind of like blowing up weak balloons.
Not those tiny hard to blow up balloons.

Gradually create more pressure. Talk with a respiratory therapist. It does not work well at all in freezing weather while jogging (personal experience).

I have not got enough letters after my name, talk to a professional. Jesus breathed o the disciples. On the day of Pentecost they probably understood the mighty rushing wind.

Good luck with the singing exercise too (which is similar). Blow a trumpet in Zion.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Back