Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Daily Verses

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Philippians 2:14 NKJV
"Do all things without complaining and disputing"

When was the last time any of us complained. I complained because I have had the flu for the last 10 days and it is still no better, while in the hospitals people are fighting for their lives. We complain about the most trivial things (or at least I do), the weather, the price of good, minor aches and pains etc. etc.

Today we remember Jesus lying in that cold tomb, all alone. We remember how yesterday He was tortured, locked and murdered on the cross. So what did Jesus say? "Father forgive them for they know not what they do."

I am a despicable wretched human being.Yet Jesus died for me, I wounded Him yet He still loves me. My heart is feeling very heavy right now.

Amen. Feel better soon Tessie! Love you :hug

Philippians 2:14 NKJV
"Do all things without complaining and disputing"

When was the last time any of us complained. I complained because I have had the flu for the last 10 days and it is still no better, while in the hospitals people are fighting for their lives. We complain about the most trivial things (or at least I do), the weather, the price of good, minor aches and pains etc. etc.

Today we remember Jesus lying in that cold tomb, all alone. We remember how yesterday He was tortured, locked and murdered on the cross. So what did Jesus say? "Father forgive them for they know not what they do."

I am a despicable wretched human being.Yet Jesus died for me, I wounded Him yet He still loves me. My heart is feeling very heavy right now.

I so relate. I was sick and also suffering from depression and was not happy as it lingered on and on. But friends were experiencing so much more and far worse. ahhhh But then I also realized that my suffering is mine and is not minimized because someone else has it worse. What I learned is this: my suffering matters even if it's small. BUT, I need to remember to keep in prayer the suffering in the world. That's what our personal suffering should teach us.

Scripture of The Day - LIFE AMONGST THE FROGS

Exodus 8:9,10 - And Moses said unto Pharaoh, Glory over me: when shall I intreat for thee, and for thy servants, and for thy people, to destroy the frogs from thee and thy houses, that they may remain in the river only? And he said, tomorrow. And he said, Be it according to thy word: that thou mayest know that there is none like unto the Lord our God.

RATHER THAN REQUESTING DELIVERANCE FROM THE PLAGUE TODAY, PHAROAH DECIDED HE'D SPEND ONE MORE NIGHT AMONG THE FROGS.

Observation:

HOW LONG AM I WILLING TO SIT AROUND AND LET THE FROGS IN MY LIFE HARASS ME?

I MAKE A QUALITY DECISION "TODAY" TO GO WITH THE WORD OF GOD AND GET THEM OUT.

I so relate. I was sick and also suffering from depression and was not happy as it lingered on and on. But friends were experiencing so much more and far worse. ahhhh But then I also realized that my suffering is mine and is not minimized because someone else has it worse. What I learned is this: my suffering matters even if it's small. BUT, I need to remember to keep in prayer the suffering in the world. That's what our personal suffering should teach us.

Nobody suffered worse than Jesus did. That's what I've come to know and understand.

This time I already know that I quoted this Bible verse but I just had to do it again due to the fact that today is the day that we celebrate our risen Savior.

Matthew 28:6 "He is not here; He has risen, just as He said. Come and see the place where He lay." :cross

Psalm 1:3 NKJV

"He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit on its season."

We have the water in God's word, if we don't use it we won't bear fruit. Most plants need watering every day, a good reminder for me to read the Word every day.

Scripture Of The Day - SALVATION FROM LESSER THINGS

Philippians 3:7-9 - "But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake fo Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him."

Observation:

AT SOME POINT I HAVE TO CEASE BEING A SPIRITUAL ENCYCLOPEDIA (THAT IS, COLLECTING MORE FACTS, OPINIONS, ILLUSTRATIONS AND INTERPRETATIONS, AND THEN PRESENTING THEM AS MY FAITH).

I MAKE A QUALITY DECISION TODAY TO TURN MYSELF OVER TO GOD, SUBMIT TO HIS TRAINING AND BREAKING, SO THAT HE CAN DISCARD ALL THAT HINDERS ME FROM SEEING CHRIST AS HE IS ......IN GOD'S EYES. MY ONLY HOPE FOR SALVATION FROM LESSER THINGS IS CHRIST ......A GREATER CHRIST THAN THE ONE I HAVE BEEN CONTENT WITH UNTIL NOW.

Hebrews 1:2,3 - "Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds. Who being the brightness of His glory, and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high."

SEEKING THE EXPERIENTAL

It's time we get hungry for a revelation of His glory in our lives. For too long we have disqualified the legitimacy of seeking the experiential with God for fear of being flaky. We are created in and for the realm of shekinah glory.
When we enter into this posture through Christ..."...the veil is removed. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit" (2 Corinthians 3:16-18).

OUR LIFE WATERED IN HIS GLORY

We are postured to behold the glory of God, the image of the invisible God (see Colossians 1:15). The more we dwell in His glory, the greater the revelation of His nature in our lives. It's through restored intimacy that we discover our truest nature in Him.
If we want to live in the experiential knowledge of the power of God, we have to posture ourselves in intimacy. There is no shortcut. Christ is the source. Just as in Genesis, where the mist watered the whole earth, so too He desires to continually water our life in His glory, nourishing our entire being, so that when we step into the world, they see His fiery glory on us.

Here is a very good verse for the day.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Scripture of The Day - NEVER AGAIN

2 Corinthians 5:17 - "If any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come."

WHEN YOU WERE BORN AGAIN YOU RECEIVED THE VERY SPIRIT OF GOD, AND THROUGH HIS SPIRIT YOU WERE BIRTHED INTO ANOTHER REALM -- THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN:

THROUGH THE VEHICLE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT YOU ARE UNITED TO THE ACTUAL PERSON OF JESUS CHRIST WHO IS SEATED AT THE THRONE OF GOD.

YOUR HEART IS ATTACHED TO THE POWER OF GOD.

YOUR ARE NEVER ALONE. CHRIST IS ALWAYS WITH YOU.

WHAT YOU WERE AS A PERSON PRIOR TO SALVATION, YOU WILL NEVER BE AGAIN!

The person we were before receiving Christ has been taken away and put to death on His Cross. We have received a brand new life, identity and PURPOSE.
"God has created us for a life of good deeds, which he has already prepared for us to do." - Ephesians 2:10

4-3. GROWTH FOR SERVICE
“MY LITTLE CHILDREN, OF WHOM I TRAVAIL IN BIRTH AGAIN UNTIL CHRIST BE FORMED IN YOU” (GAL. 4:19).

A ministry of life, whether it be at the kitchen sink, or from the First Church pulpit, must flow from the life of the Lord Jesus Christ. That life must be developed in and shared through the growing believer, by the Holy Spirit. We are to rest in Him for spiritual growth, and He will work through us for spiritual service.

I like this because I decided a while ago that I'd be doing all the dishes so my wife no longer has to do them! It's as my service to God as I serve her. I'm retired now so without excuse! ;0

I like this because I decided a while ago that I'd be doing all the dishes so my wife no longer has to do them! It's as my service to God as I serve her. I'm retired now so without excuse! ;0
Did she agree to mow the grass as her service?...... don't tell her I asked that question....I value my life:eek2:eek2:eek2

Scripture of the Day - REFRAMING MY THINKING

Matthew 12:35 - "A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things."

Affirmations:

BEFORE I FRAME MY WORLD THE WAY I WANT TO HAVE IT FRAMED I KNOW THAT I AM GOING TO HAVE TO SCRAPE OFF SOME OF THE OLD WAYS OF THINKING, BELIEVING, AND SPEAKING WHICH HAVE BEEN LIMITING MY PROGRESS.

I CONFESS TODAY THAT I YIELD MY HEART TO GOD'S WORD SO THAT RIGHT THINKING, RIGHT BELIEVING, AND RIGHT SPEAKING BECOMES A WAY OF LIFE FOR ME.

Hebrews 3:1 - "Therefore, holy brethren, who share in a heavenly call, consider Jesus, the apostle and high priest of our confession."

Scripture of the Day - BLOOD BOUGHT RIGHTS

Ephesians 2:5,6,10 - "Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace we are saved;) And hath raised us together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them."

AS A BELIEVER I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO "TRY" FAITH. I EXERCISE MY RIGHTS AS A MEMBER OF THE BODY OF CHRIST.
HE HAS RAISED ME UP WITH JESUS AND SEATED ME IN HEAVENLY PLACES. HE HAS GIVEN ME HIS NAME. HIS BLOOD. HIS AUTHORITY. HIS POWER. HIS SPIRIT.
THESE RIGHTS ARE BLOOD BOUGHT. JESUS SUFFERED AND DIED TO GIVE ME THE RIGHTS OF OUR NEW COVENANT.

2 Corinthians 6:1,2 - "We then, as workers together with Him, beseech you also that you receive not the grace of God in vain. Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation."

AS A BELIEVER I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO "TRY" FAITH. I EXERCISE MY RIGHTS AS A MEMBER OF THE BODY OF CHRIST.
HE HAS RAISED ME UP WITH JESUS AND SEATED ME IN HEAVENLY PLACES. HE HAS GIVEN ME HIS NAME. HIS BLOOD. HIS AUTHORITY. HIS POWER. HIS SPIRIT.
THESE RIGHTS ARE BLOOD BOUGHT. JESUS SUFFERED AND DIED TO GIVE ME THE RIGHTS OF OUR NEW COVENANT.
Just an FYI......when you use all caps in a post it is the equivalent of SHOUTING in real life.....

Back