Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Daily Verses

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Here is the second half from the verse that I quoted yesterday.

1st Corinthians 11:25 "After the same manner also He took the cup when He had supped, saying, this cup is the New Testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

What a beautiful verse. :cross

I'm not sure whether or not I've done this verse already, but I don't think that there's anything in the rules about not being allowed to repeat verses so if that were the case I really don't think that it would be a problem.

Psalm 46:1 "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."

So how much should we love each other?

1 John 3:16 NKJV

"By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren."

Please Father let me have love in my heart that goes that deep.

Isaiah 53:5 "For He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed.

Another great, beautiful Easter verse. :cross

1Th 5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
1Th 5:12 And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;
1Th 5:13 And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.
1Th 5:14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
1Th 5:15 See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.
1Th 5:16 Rejoice evermore.
1Th 5:17 Pray without ceasing.
1Th 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

My pastor read this in church today and I just wanted to share it even though it's rather long. This year we are celebrating the 200th year anniversary of our church which I find extremely incredible and amazing. But yes I looked it up and I think he read a different version but I love this so much. This is Jesus' prayer for future believers. It's found in John chapter seventeen verses twenty through twenty-three.

20: Neither I pray for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

21: That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22: And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

23: I in them, thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Alright I just had to do this verse since I always loved it when Ren made his speech on Footloose. :)

Ecclesiastes 3:4 "A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance. :biggrin (I'm really sorry about the next part but I just couldn't help myself)

2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Revelations 21:3 "And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, now the dwelling of God is with men, and He will live with them. They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God."

I guess that this is the verse that I really need to remember more than ever. As sometimes I go through doubting periods.

John 10:9 "I am the gate, whoever enters through me will be saved."

Here is a verse that I'm dedicating due to the fact that today is Good Friday.

John 19:30 "So when Jesus received the sour wine, He said, it is finished! And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit."

Scripture of The Day - THE TEST OF TRUTH

2 Corinthians 13:5 - "Examine yourselves, to see whether you are holding to your faith. Test yourselves. Do you not realize that Jesus Christ is in you? - unless indeed you fail to meet the test!"

IF OUR CHRISTIANITY DOES NOT WORK IN THIS LIFE WHERE WE CAN TEST IT, IT IS FOOLHARDY TO HOPE IT WILL SUCCESSFULLY TRANSPORT US INTO ETERNITY WHERE, IF WE FAIL THE TEST, WE SUFFER ETERNAL SEPARATION FROM GOD.

THE TEST OF TRUTH IS NOT AN INTELLECTUAL PURSUIT BUT WHETHER YOU ARE DRAWING CLOSER, WEEK BY WEEK, TO KNOWING AND LOVING JESUS CHRIST.

Philippians 2:14 NKJV
"Do all things without complaining and disputing"

When was the last time any of us complained. I complained because I have had the flu for the last 10 days and it is still no better, while in the hospitals people are fighting for their lives. We complain about the most trivial things (or at least I do), the weather, the price of good, minor aches and pains etc. etc.

Today we remember Jesus lying in that cold tomb, all alone. We remember how yesterday He was tortured, locked and murdered on the cross. So what did Jesus say? "Father forgive them for they know not what they do."

I am a despicable wretched human being.Yet Jesus died for me, I wounded Him yet He still loves me. My heart is feeling very heavy right now.

Back