Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Daily Verses

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Scripture Of The Day - Having Your Deepest Yearnings Fulfilled

Ephesians 5:14 - "Awake, sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you."

God never meant for you to be self-sufficient. Instead, He designed you to need Him not only for daily bread but also for fulfillment of deep yearnings. Beware of trying to pacify these longings with lesser gods: people, possessions, power.

As you spend time in His Presence, your deepest longings are fulfilled. Rejoice in your neediness, which enables you to find intimate completion in Him.

Philippians 4:19 – “And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.”

If I truly want Christ to "shine upon me, I must arise from the distractions that entomb me in lethargy and spiritual darkness.

By praying the scriptures in the epistles of Paul that pertain to our inheritance in Christ we come to know who we are in Christ, the power that is flowing through us, and our authority over sickness, distractions, or other issues of life.

Scripture Of The Day - Possessing The Gates in Your Life

Hebrews 13:12
says, "And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through His own Blood."

Many feel as if they are up against a gate in their life and are desperate to see breakthrough. Your identity of being "in Christ" will set you up for breakthrough.

Jesus suffered outside the gate so that you could possess your gates!

Not only have you been made holy, but you are a royal priesthood (1 Peter 2:9) and co-heir with Christ (Romans 8:17).

You have been seated with Him in heavenly places (Ephesians 2:6) and He has been seated "far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come" (Ephesians 1:21).

The foundational knowledge of your identity in Christ is a necessary key for possessing your gates. With this heart knowledge, you can step boldly into the authority He has given you.

Scripture Of The Day - Bearing Fruit Out Of Season

Mark 11:13 - "And seeing in the distance a fig tree covered with leaves. He went to see if He could find any fruit on it. But when He came up to it, He found nothing but leaves for the fig season had not yet come. And He said to it, 'No one ever again shall eat fruit from you."'

There is a message for us in the cursed fig tree. Jesus cursed it for not bearing fruit OUT OF SEASON. It died immediately.
Was He unreasonable?
Did He lose His temper?
Or was He showing us something about His expectations for our lives that we'd just as soon ignore?
He has the right to expect the fruit of the impossible from those He has created for the impossible.

Scripture Of The Day - Thinking Big

Ephesians 2:6 - "And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus."

When Jesus decided to multiply the bread, He did not do it for just a few friends, He waited until He had a crowd of 5000! When He turned the water into wine He did not just make a few bottles - He made about 120 gallons! He was trying to show His disciples how to think big. There was no way that they could exhaust heaven's supply of bread or wine.

God is big! We are called to reveal how big He is, as well as how wonderful He is. This is one reason why we must learn to ascend into heaven, and come back with a demonstration of heaven. A mustard seed of faith in heaven is greater than a mountain here.

A huge load to us is nothing to Him. When we get this load off of us we will be able to help others with theirs. That's what He wants. That's our other job description - to love one another. With the load off we will be able to climb the ladder easier, and bring far more of heaven back to earth.

All of the things that overwhelm our thinking each day would not even be able to register as a thought if we were truly seated with Christ in the heavenly places.

Scripture Of The Day - From Darkness Into Life

"Therefore, prophesy and say unto them, thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O My people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel." - Ezekiel 37:12

Here God makes us a promise that He will bring us out of the darkness, opening our graves and allowing us to live again! We just have to listen and obey God's Word.

Are there areas of your life that need a touch of Heaven? Ezekiel promises us that God is always watching, always ready to breathe new life into these dead and lifeless areas of our lives.

To be resurrected means far more than just bringing someone back to life. To be resurrected by the power of God makes us stronger, more mature and more powerful than we were before! And God always makes good on His promise of resurrection to anyone who belongs to Him. He alone can inject new life into dead places. All we have to do is ask, obey, wait, and receive.

"But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you." - Romans 8:11

The term resurrection means to stand up again. This can be taken literally, to mean reviving an individual to a living state of consciousness, or it can be taken figuratively, as in reviving profound spiritual truths so we can begin seeking and pursuing God's purpose for our life -- something we have been blind or dead to in the past.

There is no situation too hard for God to overcome—not physical death, not spiritual death, not emotional death. This same gift of the resurrection already resides in each and every one of us, as God's children, when His Spirit lives inside us.

Scripture of The Day - The Wonder Of His Birth

What the world calls "the Christmas Season" was not the birthing of Christ; He was conceived during the season of Hanukkah. Hanukkah is known as the Feast of Dedication or Feast of Lights. It was the beginning of the supernatural manifestation of God becoming flesh and dwelling among men (John 1:14). The Father sent His sperm seed (1 Peter 1:23) with the wisdom of all the ages in it, to impregnate a young virgin and she would bring forth the God-man child.

At this time the fullness of God's prosperity was given to mankind. From the very moment of His conception, the process of reconciliation began between mankind and the Father. Therefore every born-again child of God can prosper in all seven aspects (spiritually, physically, mentally, emotionally, relationally, socially, and financially) of their life.

Scripture Of The Day - Letting God Fight The Battle

"Now Joshua had commanded the people, saying, 'You shall not shout or make any noise with your voice, nor shall a word proceed out of your mouth, until the day I say to you, "Shout!" Then you shall shout.'" (Joshua 6:10)

When most Believers think about Jericho, Joshua, and Israel's army marching around the walls of Jericho comes to mind (see Joshua 6). The significance of this story is that the Lord gave Joshua a strategy that taught him and the people of Israel how to be still.

There are times when you don't need to say anything, just follow God's instructions. So many times, we want to speak out when what we really need to say is nothing; be silent and let God fight the battle instead of fighting it ourselves.

Scripture Of The Day - FIXING OUR EYES ON JESUS

Hebrews 12:2, "We look away from the natural realm and we fasten our gaze onto Jesus who birthed faith within us and who leads us forward into faith's perfection."

The Lord calls each one and is beckoning us to come into His presence. As our eyes are transfixed on His eyes our vision changes and we are seeing through the eyes of Jesus.

We are given strategies for breakthrough; and we are given revelation on direction we should take or information we would need for the new season ahead. Some are given a scene of encouragement and comfort as they looked through the eyes of Jesus. These Believers are walking through difficult times, but as they fixed their eyes on Jesus their vision is filled with peace, comfort and hope.

Romans 15:13, "Now may God, the inspiration and fountain of hope, fill you to overflowing with uncontainable joy and perfect peace as you trust in Him."

Scripture Of The Day - Riding The Wind Of The Spirit

John 3:8 tells us, "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit."

We were born of the Spirit, but sometimes we want to live out of our heads instead of our hearts. We need to determine in our hearts that we're going to ride the wind of the Spirit no matter what our reasonings say, no matter what the naysayers say and no matter what the devil says.

Sometimes we need a fresh baptism of the Spirit. Sometimes we need a fresh baptism of fire. Instead of moaning and groaning in the flesh, sometimes we need to start travailing in the Spirit for that new thing He wants to birth in our lives.

Scripture Of The Day - Apprehending Our Freedom in Christ

Jeremiah 33:3 says, "Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know."

This is not just a passage in the Bible it is a promise and it is for you.

You are about to receive revelation that will set you free.

So seek Him and you will find Him. Press into His heart and He will press toward you and great healing will come to you like a flood. Your mind will be overwhelmed by His Glory that is coming your way and you will walk and not grow weary and run and not faint.

Scripture Of The Day - THE GLORY IN US

"For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God." - Romans 8:19-21

He designed you, inside and out, to be a vessel. There is a measure of God's glory that has become your responsibility to release on the earth through your calling in Christ. You don't release it all at once. You do it every time you flow in what God called you to do. You do it every time you advance the Kingdom, every single time you do God's work.

The Kingdom of Heaven is within you. You have access to heavenly blessings and power here on earth.

Examples of Spirit-led good works:

God leads you to pray for the someone who is hurting,

God gives you a dream of a friend so you call them the next day to give them a word of encouragement,

you step out in faith and give a prophetic word to someone—these are all Spirit-led "good works".

You're not saved by these works, but they crank open the valve for God's glory to flow through you. Each of us has a PURPOSE on the earth, and He longs to release His glory through each of us. However, we will never find our true CALLING in Christ as long as we are trying to pretend to be more like that person or this person, thereby limiting the flow of what He wants to do through us.

There is a move of God in the earth that only you can fulfill. Creation is groaning in anticipation of you releasing all that glory that God packed on the inside of you.

Habakkuk 2:14 - "For the earth will be filled With the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, As the waters cover the sea."

Last edited:
Scripture Of The Day - TRANSFORMED INTO HIS IMAGE

2 Corinthians 3:18 says, "And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into His image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."

When we pass the place of the flesh and enter beyond the veil into life in the spirit, we are one with Christ. What we need is the Holy Spirit to draw us deeper and deeper into the place of God's thoughts for our lives. When we are born-again we are given a new identity in Christ. This identity is from God and not from satan or man. It is an identity that helps us to truly function and transform the earth.

The enemy has strongholds in our lives that seem impenetrable but they are about to come down. These are areas of hurt that people have been living with for a long time that have been roadblocks to gaining revelation of our CALLING in Christ. When you affirm and meditate on God's Word, revelation comes to you like a flood, and you are overwhelmed by His goodness where peace and victory will enter into the places of brokenness in your life.

The key for your life is to seek God with all your heart. The promise from God is that if you seek Him you will find Him, if you seek Him with all your heart (Jeremiah 29:13); and that which you seek is going to be more valuable than money can buy. It is the pearl of great price (Matthew 13:45-46). It is worth leaving all behind because that which Jesus has prepared for you is greater than anything you can ever imagine – as you understand His purpose for your life.

Jeremiah 33:3 says, "Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know."
This is not just a passage in the Bible it is a promise and it is for you.

You are about to receive revelation that will set you free. Press into His heart and He will press toward you and great healing will come to you like a flood. Your mind will be overwhelmed by His Glory that is coming your way and you will begin to understand God's CALLING on your life -- walking and not growing weary and running and not fainting -- bearing fruit that lasts.

Scripture of The Day - RE-ORDERING OUR PRIORITIES

1 Corinthians 6:20 - "For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's."

We must allow each day to truly become a new day. We deliberately position ourselves to make the most of the new day, leaving the failures and disappointments of yesterday behind.

As each new day begins, you take a position spiritually to preserve and protect the sanctity of life in the spirit (affirming and meditating on your Christ identity and right standing with God). Choose to make God your first priority in life. Sanctity means: holiness or sacredness. We are not our own.

Believers will finally find their CALLING in Christ who have not known what to do or where they fit. God will open their eyes to possibilities both spiritually and naturally. Many will no longer see themselves as misfits, but will begin to see how truly unique and special they are in the context of their divine DESTINY.

Wherever your focus has been on external things, God wants to do an internal work of reordering your priorities to align with the importance of life in the Spirit. Each day presents opportunities to put God first—to get connected and stay connected. Then, He will direct every, single step.

Scripture of The Day - THINK DIFFERENTLY

"One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I sall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord And to meditate in His temple." - Psalm 27:4

Through the Christ conscious believer God will release Heaven into earth. Will you respond or react? Prune your negative mindset and begin responding in faith to Christ's vision. A new vision awaits you!

Holy Spirit continues to send you apostolic winds to realign you for His Kingdom PURPOSE. These winds are here to challenge your identity.

Some today have a false identity and as a result, they can't find their way. It is also true that some within the Church have found their identity in Christ (or they have tried to find their identity) in pastors, programs, function and ministry. The co-dependency between ministers and sheep has created identification dysfunction. You're so busy with "things" you haven't found the "One Thing" (see Psalm 27:4).

Your distinction (God’s purpose for your life) can only be found in Christ. Realignment of your identity is essential in order for you to fulfill His DESTINY in your life. Be ready, forsake your former identity and go after Him ( by affirming and meditating on the scriptures that establish your oneness with Christ) and you will be found in Him (see Philippians 3:9). As you go after Him you will take on His character. In Him I live and move, and have my being (see Acts 17:28).

The winds of apostolic change continue to blow in your life. These winds are blowing against the paradigms that keep you from moving forward into your Godly inheritance. Think differently! (Repent is from the Greek word, "metanoia" which means to think differently.) When John the Baptist and Jesus said, "Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand," they were saying, "Think differently because the Kingdom of Heaven is here."

Watch as paradigm shifts begin to take place. THINK DIFFERENTLY! Heaven will open up over you and you will begin to bear fruit and move from glory to glory.

Scripture Of The Day - THE CHIEF CORNERSTONE AND EMBODIMENT OF GRACE

"What are you, you great mountain? Because of Zerubbabel you will become a level plain! And he will bring forth the temple capstone with shoutings of 'Grace! Grace!' because of this." - Zechariah 4:7

Believe that the mountains that have stood in your way and caused your life to be an uphill climb are about to become a level-plain for you to easily cross over; and the capstone (the final stone that is placed on the top of something such as a wall) is being placed upon your life.

Jesus is the Capstone (Cornerstone) of grace that crowns our lives. He came to give grace to mankind because even with our greatest effort, we cannot produce or give a pure enough offering to reconcile us to God. Jesus became that offering and so that grace was given to mankind.

When Jesus is the capstone of our lives, then grace becomes our crown and we live under unmerited favor.

"This precious value, then, is for you who believe; but for those who disbelieve, 'The stone which the builders rejected, this became the very cornerstone, and, a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense.'" - 1 Peter 2:7

Invite Jesus, the very embodiment of grace, to be the capstone—the cornerstone—of your life. Then watch grace pour down over the mountains that have stood before you to become a level-plain. Grace will give you rest; grace will do for you what you cannot do for yourself.

"Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." - Psalm 46:10

Scripture of The Day - THINK DIFFERENTLY

"One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I sall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord And to meditate in His temple." - Psalm 27:4

Through the Christ conscious believer God will release Heaven into earth. Will you respond or react? Prune your negative mindset and begin responding in faith to Christ's vision. A new vision awaits you!

Holy Spirit continues to send you apostolic winds to realign you for His Kingdom PURPOSE. These winds are here to challenge your identity.

Some today have a false identity and as a result, they can't find their way. It is also true that some within the Church have found their identity in Christ (or they have tried to find their identity) in pastors, programs, function and ministry. The co-dependency between ministers and sheep has created identification dysfunction. You're so busy with "things" you haven't found the "One Thing" (see Psalm 27:4).

Your distinction (God’s purpose for your life) can only be found in Christ. Realignment of your identity is essential in order for you to fulfill His DESTINY in your life. Be ready, forsake your former identity and go after Him ( by affirming and meditating on the scriptures that establish your oneness with Christ) and you will be found in Him (see Philippians 3:9). As you go after Him you will take on His character. In Him I live and move, and have my being (see Acts 17:28).

The winds of apostolic change continue to blow in your life. These winds are blowing against the paradigms that keep you from moving forward into your Godly inheritance. Think differently! (Repent is from the Greek word, "metanoia" which means to think differently.) When John the Baptist and Jesus said, "Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand," they were saying, "Think differently because the Kingdom of Heaven is here."

Watch as paradigm shifts begin to take place. THINK DIFFERENTLY! Heaven will open up over you and you will begin to bear fruit and move from glory to glory.
This reminds me of Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Scripture Of The Day - THE BREATH OF GOD

"Then the channels of water appeared, and the foundations of the world were uncovered.....at the blast of the breath of Your nostrils." - Psalm 18:15

Exodus 15:8
describes how the "blast (ruwach) from the nostrils of God" caused the Red Sea to divide to provide the deliverance for Israel from their Egyptian bondage. Psalm 18:15 describes the creative power of ruwach as the foundations of the world were laid at the blast of His nostrils. This implies that as God created the world with His words, His breath went forth with power.

When the word of the Lord is released, God's breath empowers a creative ability to be released – creating an atmosphere for change, breakthrough, and life!

In Revelation 5:8, there is a description of the incense offered into God's temple. This incense is the prayers of the saints. It has been preached by many that God "breathes in this incense; these prayers." It certainly makes sense that if these prayers of the saints become a fragrance, an incense into Heaven, that God would surely take note and breathe that air! Therefore, when God sends forth His breath into a situation, an actual blast from His nostrils...He is doing this because of the prayers of the saints!

When God releases His breath into death situations, barrenness, dryness and hopelessness...He is at that time releasing the prayers of the saints concerning those situations! No more can we say that our prayers don't matter! No more can we continue to remain lethargic concerning prayer assignments.

Your prayers have God's breath in them. Your prayers contain prophetic utterances and prophetic insight that will resurrect a very, very dry army! When you pray, please know that you are releasing breakthrough and God's power into that situation.

Scripture Of The Day - THE TITLE WAVE OF GOD'S DESTINY

James 1:2-4 says, "Consider it pure joy when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."

Every trial and every hard situation you are facing is preparing you to be complete, lacking nothing.

THE DESTINY OF GOD IS LIKE WAVES CRASHING ON THE SHORE

You will be found lacking nothing when this tidal wave of God’s purpose for your life and destiny comes crashing onto the shore of your life!

God is wanting you to say, 'Yes' to your next season before you know what it is." We must have that "Yes" deep down in our spirit to Him.

When you encounter trials, tribulations, accusations, and set-backs, don't be frustrated! When you encounter warfare and hard times, rejoice! Don't ever let the enemy steal your joy.

God is using those things to pull those waves of destiny in your life back. When God gets ready to release all those things to you, that tidal wave of God's DESTINY and PURPOSE for your life will come crashing over you.

Years of prophetic words, dreams, and promises from Heaven have been stacking up to become this incredible tidal wave. Everything you need to fulfill that dream that God has placed inside of you for His Kingdom is about to come to you in this tidal wave! There is provision, resources, purpose, healing, and Kingdom alignments coming in with this tidal wave.

Get ready! God is about to release His promises and blessings like a powerful tidal wave that will overtake you!

Scripture Of The Day - EXERCISING YOUR FAITH

"Let there be light; and there was light." - Genesis 1:3

What God wants in the earth today may not be in sight. But when His Word goes forth, it becomes a reality. He is looking for vessels through whom His Word will be spoken so that He can do what He has not yet done.

STIR YOURSELF UP

We often lose by being silent. We don't lift our voice and speak the Word enough.
We have to stir ourselves up and declare that God's Word is true even when we don't feel like it.
We have to say "by He stripes I'm healed" when we don't feel good.
We have to say "my God shall supply all my needs" when we don't have enough money.

UNDERSTANDING YOUR PURPOSE IN CHRIST

The Holy Spirit is always working in our lives. He's moving, giving assignments, enabling, empowering, instructing, correcting, and undergirding. He won't stop until He's finished, until His plan is complete.

Has it ever seemed as if God is silent for awhile? You wondered if you'd done something wrong. Where is God in the silence? You have to understand that He is not inactive when you don't hear from Him. He's always working in your life.
He's lining things up and getting them ready so the moment you speak a word in faith - FRUITION - it comes to pass.

Scripture Of The Day -- GIVING YOUR HUMILITY TO SOMEONE ELSE

Matthew 6:14,15 - "For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."

Forgiveness is the key to seeing our life change, prosper, and advance. This act of faith can be the most difficult for us to accomplish. The root of lack of forgiveness is usually rooted in fear and control and results in a hardness of heart. This also allows iniquity to enter through the door that the Lord has built for all of our future blessings (Genesis 4).

Ask the Lord to give you a picture of you humbling yourself and giving your humility to someone else. Picture yourself worshiping God in total submission and then extending His heart to someone else that you do not deem worthy of receiving His heart.

Ephesians 4:31,32 - "Get rid of all bitterness, rage, and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."

Back