Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Daily Verses

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$900.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Scripture of the Day - PASSING THE BATON

John 12:36 - "While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light."

Jesus came as the light of the world. He then passed the baton to us announcing that we are the light of the world. Jesus came as the miracle worker. He said that we would do "greater works" than He did (John 14:12).

He then says "right now the Holy Spirit is with you, but He's going to be in you (John 14:17)

AFFIRMATIONS:

In my walk I place a higher value on the presence of God than others do.

I have a passion to give Him preeminence in everything.

That passion brings me into a supernatural life -- one with the constant activity of the Holy Spirit working through me.

Attachments

• ZZ - 1147.jpg
    ZZ - 1147.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 2
Scripture Of The Day - Saying Good-By To Your BFF

Matthew 15:14 - "If the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch."

When you start pursuing God's vision for your life, sometimes you have to change who your close friends are because you're not speaking the same language anymore.

Some people say that it doesn't really matter with whom they associate, that they wouldn't want to hurt anybody by disassociating from them. Yet Jesus was telling us not to be foolish by following those who are spiritually blind.

Some people literally sacrifice their dreams and their lives because they are afraid of having conflict and disagreement with others.

Scripture Of The Day - WISDOM BY FAITH

Instead of asking God for direction, ask Him for wisdom.

James 1:5 - "If any of you need wisdom, you should ask God, and it will be given to you. God is generous and won't correct you for asking."

Too often we ask for direction when what we really need is wisdom. Should I go left or right? Should I leave this job for another? And so on. When you ask for wisdom instead of direction, you have an ongoing process where you receive not just information but Life itself.

Jesus is the wisdom of God (see 1 Corinthians 1:24). Direction often fixes just a one-time problem; wisdom allows us to handle any problem that comes our way. Place your burden in His hands (see Matthew 11:28-30), then start thanking Him for His wisdom by faith. Childlike trust allows everything to fall into place (see Romans 8:28).

Attachments

• ZZ - 1218.jpg
    ZZ - 1218.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 0
Scripture Of The Day - CHRIST IN US

Luke 17:21 - "Behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

Striving to obtain love, peace and joy can be wasted in religious energy. The perception exists that God needs to be talked into doing things for us.

It is the realization of His presence and provision within us that sets us free to be who we are in Christ. The more aware we become of God in us, the more overwhelmed we are with a sense of total fulfillment and completeness.

Our needs and desires become insignificant as He increasingly becomes the significant center of our being. He is not a God who is a far off, He is God in us, with us, and for us in every moment. As we meditate and realize the Christ love flowing through our heart into the lives of others, we experience the heavenly joy and peace that is part of our Christ identity.

Colossians 1:27 - "To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory."

Attachments

• ZZ - 1077.jpg
    ZZ - 1077.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 1
Scripture Of The Day - HOW TO DREAM WITH GOD

"So don't worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?' These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need." - Matthew 6: 31-33

Jesus said to not worry about our everyday needs, like food, drink or clothing.

When our focus is on meeting our needs, or the demand that others meet our needs, we will build a vocabulary and a life of worry in response to our perceived lack. Jesus said that if we lived this way we would appear like unbelievers.

Belief cannot be limited to a set of doctrines and theologies about God. There is a deeper form of belief. This deeper understanding of belief will reveal what we understand or don't understand about God's love. Belief can be translated to mean "entrust." When we believe in God we are entrusting ourselves to Him.

What makes focusing on our needs so devastating is that it kills our potential to dream. If we continually worry about the provision of our basic needs, we will never move our focus beyond need into the realm of dreaming with God about those things that seem impossible in the natural. Dreams die when our lives are consumed with the worry that comes from trying to live only within our human potential instead of God's supernatural provision.

Attachments

• ZZ - 1066.jpg
    ZZ - 1066.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1
Scripture Of The Day - CHRIST IN US

Luke 17:21 - "Behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

Striving to obtain love, peace and joy can be wasted in religious energy. The perception exists that God needs to be talked into doing things for us.

It is the realization of His presence and provision within us that sets us free to be who we are in Christ. The more aware we become of God in us, the more overwhelmed we are with a sense of total fulfillment and completeness.

Our needs and desires become insignificant as He increasingly becomes the significant center of our being. He is not a God who is a far off, He is God in us, with us, and for us in every moment. As we meditate and realize the Christ love flowing through our heart into the lives of others, we experience the heavenly joy and peace that is part of our Christ identity.

Colossians 1:27 - "To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory."
Amen!

Scripture Of The Day - WISDOM BY FAITH

Instead of asking God for direction, ask Him for wisdom.

James 1:5 - "If any of you need wisdom, you should ask God, and it will be given to you. God is generous and won't correct you for asking."

Too often we ask for direction when what we really need is wisdom. Should I go left or right? Should I leave this job for another? And so on. When you ask for wisdom instead of direction, you have an ongoing process where you receive not just information but Life itself.

Jesus is the wisdom of God (see 1 Corinthians 1:24). Direction often fixes just a one-time problem; wisdom allows us to handle any problem that comes our way. Place your burden in His hands (see Matthew 11:28-30), then start thanking Him for His wisdom by faith. Childlike trust allows everything to fall into place (see Romans 8:28).
Amen!

Scripture Of The Day - FINDING OUR DREAMS IN THE HEART OF GOD

"Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be." - Matthew 6:21

Verse 21
speaks of a heavenly storehouse that is not vulnerable to what is taking place on earth. Recessions and Depressions cannot touch God's goods.

When Jesus asked us to pray that His will be done "on earth as it is in Heaven," He was saying that what is stored up in Heaven will also begin to rain down upon us in this life when we begin to live out His purpose for our life, praying in faith. Heaven will come to earth.

This kind of prayer draws upon the desires of God's heart. The only things that will fall to earth from Heaven when we pray are the desires of God's heart, because the only things resident in Heaven are His desires.

This is what a miracle is – a desire of God's heart falling from Heaven to earth. When we delight in the Lord and His goodness, by affirming and meditating on the scriptures, God will give us the desires of our heart which include His PURPOSE for our life -- our CALLING in Christ Jesus.

Attachments

• ZZ - 934.jpg
    ZZ - 934.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 2
Scripture of The Day - FRUITFULNESS IN THE KINGDOM

2 Peter 1:5 - "In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God's promises."

The book of Second Peter begins and ends with the exhortation to grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus. Peter tells us (2 Peter 1:3-4) that we have already been given everything that God has to give us. It is becoming more intimately connected to Him that will cause us to experience God's CALLING on our life, which is actually the desire of His heart.

There is a company of emerging believers who have committed their lives to intimacy with Him. Their heart is like that of the apostle Paul when he said in Philippians 3:10 AMP, "[For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly]..."

The enemy has lied to you and tried to convince you that you are not useful in the Kingdom of God.

It is impossible for you to be unfruitful because you have been abiding in Him and discovering God’s purpose for your life. Your influence is going to increase.

You are going to step out in new levels of boldness that will advance God’s Kingdom and will bring demonstrations of the love and power of God into the earth and particularly in the sphere of your influence.

Lives will be touched and changed by God working through you as you disciple others into their Christ identity.

Be encouraged. Continue to draw near to Him as you demonstrate fruitfulness in His Kingdom.

Attachments

• ZZ - 1208.png
    ZZ - 1208.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 1
Scripture Of The Day -- ANOINTED WORDS

1 Corinthians 2:4,5 - "And my speech, and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power; that your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God."

Words, when anointed, become a spiritual vehicle that transports us from one realm to another; or, put another way, the natural word becomes spiritual through the anointing of the Holy Spirit. In John 6:63, Jesus stated the words He spoke to them were both Spirit and life:

"It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life."

Through the anointing of the Holy Spirit, words of scripture attain a spiritual life of their own. The Spirit gives life to the message of the Kingdom which points to the Cross and transports one from the natural into the Spirit realm. At that crossroad, we discover the hope of our CALLING and the authority and power to advance His Kingdom in the earth as God moves us out of the confines and limitations of what we have experienced in the past.

Attachments

• ZZ - 1135.jpg
    ZZ - 1135.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 0
Scripture Of The Day -- KEYS GIVEN TO US

"And I will give unto thee the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in Heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven." - Mathew 16:19

We recognize that our Lord Jesus Christ is the Ruler over ALL. After He was crucified at Calvary, Christ Jesus took the keys of Hell and death away from the enemy (Revelation 1:18).

We have also been given keys, mighty keys, to unleash the dunamis power and unconditional, matchless love of God in the Person of Jesus Christ, to seek and save the lost to the uttermost and DISCIPLE new Christians into their inheritance in Christ.

OUR KEYS: POWER AND AUTHORITY

What are these keys that have been given to us? The Greek word translated key in these Scriptures in Revelation 1:18 and Matthew 16:19 is "kleis," a word used to denote "power and authority." This Greek word is from the root word klei, which literally means to "shut" or to "shut up." We have literally been given the authority to "shut" the doors of access to the devil on earth and to "shut" the mouth of the accuser who tries to convince us of Hell's victory.

Bind up those evil spirits! Rebuke doubt and unbelief! Bind up the evil hordes who oppress, depress, confuse, defeat and discourage! We have been given the keys to loose the will of God on earth.

Our eyes are opened to see our position and authority in Christ!

The distance between Heaven and earth is gone, forever removed by the Father from His side through the sacrifice of His Son, in whom we are made warriors of mercy, love and truth. Placed in Christ in the throne room, by and with the Father, we have been given His authority on earth!

Call forth the heavenly hosts with authority! Step into the light of Christ to follow the Lamb INTO His purpose for your life!

Attachments

• ZZ - 1135.jpg
    ZZ - 1135.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 0
Scripture Of The Day -- FOCUSING ON HIS MANIFEST PRESENCE

• Added by FAITH on December 11, 2021 at 1:10pm
Psalm 46:10 - "Be still, and know that I am God."
The wording "be still" means "soaking" in His Presence. The result is that you will know He is God.
It's not being still and knowing about God. It's being still and knowing God experientially. You will experience God. You will know the Presence of God.
As we focus our heart, spirit, soul, mind, and body (the whole person) on His manifest Presence, we become oblivious to the natural physical world around us.
During our soaking times, we position ourselves to receive impressions, nudges, quiet whispers, pictures, angelic visitations, and supernatural revelations:

– Dreams (Job 33:14-16; Genesis 28:10-16)
– Visions (Daniel 7:1-3,9; Acts 16:9-10)
– Trances (Acts 10:9-17, 11:5)
– Out of body experiences (2 Corinthians 12:2-4)
– Angelic visitations (Luke 1:57,11-17; Acts 12:7-10)
– Being transported in the Spirit (Acts 8:39-40)

People describe His manifest Presence in different ways. To some, it is heat, electricity, or shaking. To others, it is lightness, peace, or weeping.

GATEWAY TO THE SUPERNATURAL

Experiencing the manifest Presence is not the goal but the gateway to the supernatural realm. It's the beginning. We go into the spirit realm where we can see Him, hear His voice, walk with Him, and be empowered by Him.

Isaiah 64:4 AMP - “God...who works and shows Himself active on behalf of him who [earnestly] waits for Him."
He's waiting on us to wait on Him.
Intimacy with God is the simple means by which we access living in the miraculous. Spending time in His manifest Presence is the discipline we must develop to access all that God has for us (His PURPOSE for our life). And, the cumulative effect is what happens in our anointing (or gifting) to function in healing or any of the supernatural.

AFFIRMATION:
I reject worldly concerns and press into His manifest Presence -- NOW!

Attachments

• ZZ - 1224.jpg
    ZZ - 1224.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 0
Scripture Of The Day - EXPERIENCING THE POWER

Psalm 138:2 - "...for thou hast magnified Thy word according to all Thy name."

God says that He Himself has exalted the power of His Word according to all His name. God has declared the victories He has for us in His Word. This Scripture in Psalms says God stands behind His Word with all that He is.

If we desire to experience the victories God has for us, we need to know what His Word says. There is power in every promise of the Lord to make that promise happen. This means natural things and demonic things must change to come in agreement with the Word of the Lord.

In order for us to walk in this realm, we must move from being passively hopeful in our thinking to being actively aggressive with our mouth. "The victory is in our mouth."

Affirmations:

I BELIEVE THAT WHAT GOD HAS PROMISED HE IS ALSO ABLE TO PERFORM.

GOD IS GREAT, GOD IS ABLE, GOD IS GOOD, AND GOD IS FAITHFUL TO HIS WORD.

FAITH IN HIS WORD QUALIFIES ME FOR THE IMPOSSIBLE.

Attachments

• ZZ - 1207.png
    ZZ - 1207.png
    542.2 KB · Views: 0
Scripture Of The Day -- OUT OF THE BOX THINKING

Ephesians 3:20 - "Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us."

Out of the box thinking realizes there is no box. You are the limitless PURPOSE and MANIFESTATION of God's glory, released into the earth with the same anointing, mission and message Jesus had over 2,000 years ago.

You now live beyond the dimension of needing your needs met, and you live in that kingdom dimension of being the conduit of blessing for others.

Out of the box thinking and living eliminates both the box, and the notions of religious confinement that the box created. You now understand that the glory that was on Jesus is now on you...so you are God's glory walking throughout the earth called on assignment to be the answer to someone else's question and the breakthrough for someone else's bondage.

AS JESUS WAS SO ARE WE

As Jesus was in the earth so are you today. You are the manifest glory of God in the earth. You now have the gifts (power) and the fruit (character) of Christ.

Walk in the fullness of the divine CALLING for which God created you. No, the world will not like you when you start talking kingdom talk. But, you are not from this world, you have been sent by the Father to influence this world with the truth of God’s kingdom power and glory.

You are no longer called to be the "relevant" church for the times we are living in. You are called to be the "radical" church that people are drawn to because of the "difference" you represent in the nations of the world as you take the good news of the kingdom of God, through bearing fruit that remains by way of understanding and implementing God’s purpose for your life expressing that Christ is the King and only means of man's salvation, to all of mankind.

NO MORE BOX!

Attachments

• Zz - 1012.jpg
    Zz - 1012.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1
Scripture Of The Day -- KEYS FOR VICTORY AHEAD

Nehemiah 2:5,17 -- "And I said unto the king....that thou wouldest send me unto Judah, unto the city of my fathers' sepulchres, that I may build it.....the gates thereof are burned with fire, come and let us build up the wall of Jerusalem.."

We need to prosper on every front and be like Nehemiah! In his day, Nehemiah saw Jerusalem in ruins and began to rebuild walls, restore gates, hang doors, and ready the place for a new move of worship. Here are some keys we need for victory ahead.

WE NEED TO KNOW:

• How to enter the new season and think differently.
• How to see and open our eyes to a greater demonic realm and stay in faith.
• How to daily walk in the Spirit, letting the Spirit of God be our guide and not our senses.
• How to ask, seek, and knock until we come to understand and begin to implement God’s purpose for our life.
• How to gain new vision and see our provision.
• How to have a renewed mind through affirming and meditating on the scriptures that have to do with our identity in Christ.
• How to understand the enemy's vexing power. Mammon is motivating many to give up and make wrong decisions.

Philippians 3:13,14 -- "...this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

Attachments

• ZZ - 1037.jpg
    ZZ - 1037.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 1
Scripture Of The Day -- MEASURE OF FAITH

Romans 12:3 - ".......God has dealt to each one a measure of faith."

As children of God, we should never say, "I don't have any faith." To say this is to say that God is a liar because His Word already tells us that "God has dealt to each one a measure of faith."

Why does faith of some seem to be stronger than others?

Faith is like a body muscle -- the more we exercise our measure of faith, the bigger and stronger it grows. Each time we affirm and meditate on God's Word, we are feeding our faith. When we confess God's word and expect good things to happen to us, we are using it. And the more we use it the more our faith grows, and grows, and grows, and grows........

For example:

We could start with headaches. When we have a headache, instead of always running straight for our painkillers ---use our faith. We thank God for the healing we are receiving.

When we go to the doctor, then we go in faith, praying, "Abba Father, I am going to the doctor. Thank you, in Jesus name, for giving the doctor wisdom to give me an accurate diagnosis. My trust is not in him but in You."

When we take our medicine in faith we say: "Lord, sanctify this medicine," then we take it. He blesses that medicine. And what will be developing in us, growing bigger and possessing our bodies until it is widespresd, is divine health.

Scripture Of The Day - Compassion For The Spiritually Needy

1 Corinthians 2:16 - “For who has known or understood the mind (the counsels and purposes) of the Lord so as to guide and instruct Him and give Him knowledge? But we have the mind of Christ, the Messiah, and do hold the thoughts (feelings and purposes) of His heart.”

GOD WANTS ME TO BE SO IN TUNE WITH HIS SPIRIT THAT I AM ABLE TO FEEL HIS HEART OF COMPASSION TOWARD THOSE AROUND ME WHO ARE SPIRITUALLY DESTITUTE. SINCE HE IS ONE WITH ME, HE CAN REACH OUT THROUGH MY HANDS AND FULFILL HIS PURPOSES IN THE EARTH.

Questions to Ask Myself
  1. Do I have a heart of compassion towards others who do not understand their inheritance in Christ?
  1. Am I looking for people that I can mentor into higher realms of understanding?
  1. Who do I believe I can help with their spiritual advancement that I am not helping now?
  1. Do I believe I can change the world?

Attachments

• ZZ - 228.jpg
    ZZ - 228.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 0
Scripture of The Day -- A GREAT HIGH PRIEST

Hebrews 4:14 -- "Having, then, a great High Priest, who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession."

A GREAT HIGH PRIEST, JESUS THE SON OF GOD

The name SON OF GOD speaks of His divinity, and His power as High Priest, really to bring us to God, into the very life and fellowship of the Holy One. It is in His Son that God speaks to us; it is to the perfect fellowship and blessedness of the ever-blessed One that our great High Priest that is passed through the heavens can, and does indeed, bring us.

HAVING, THEREFORE, A GREAT HIGH PRIEST, LET US HOLD FAST OUR CONFESSION

We become partakers of Christ IF WE HOLD FAST. Our faith in Christ must be CONFESSED. The knowledge of what He is -- is our strength to hold fast our confession.

If we have Him as our great High Priest, He is worthy of it; our souls will delight in rendering Him this homage; without it failure will speedily come; without it, the grace of steadfastness and perseverance, cannot be maintained.

WHO HAS PASSED THROUGH THE HEAVENS

Having passed through the heavens beyond all thought of space and place, into the mystery of the divine glory and power.

And why?

That He might in divine power breathe that heavenly life into our hearts. His whole priesthood has, as its one great characteristic -- heavenliness.

He communicates the purity, the power, the life of heaven to us.

We live in heaven with Him.

He lives with heaven in us.

With Him in our hearts, we have the Kingdom of Heaven within us, in which God's will is done through carrying out God’s purpose for our life and bearing fruit that remains for His Kingdom here on earth.

Let us not fall short of the rest, as partakers of the heavenly calling -- consider the Apostle and High Priest of our CONFESSION -- Jesus.

Having Jesus, let us HOLD FAST.

Scripture Of The Day -- CONSIDER JESUS

Hebrews 4:15 - "For we have not a high priest that cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but one that hath been tempted in all things like as we are, yet without sin."

What comfort and strength comes at such a time to a soul, when it sees that Jesus is able to sympathize and to succor (aid, help, furnish relief), because He has Himself been thus tempted.

Or did it not become so dark in His soul, that He had to wrestle and to cry -- “if it be possible?" and "Why has thou forsaken Me?"

He too had to trust God in the dark.

He too, in the hour of death had to let go His spirit, and commit it, in the darkness of death, into God's keeping.

He knew what it was to walk in darkness and see no light.

And when a believer feels utterly helpless and in despair, Jesus can sympathize with him; He was tempted in all things like as we are.

JESUS BRINGS US INTO THE REST OF GOD

If we would but rest in the assurance that He understands it all, that He feels for us with a sympathy, in which the infinite love of God and the tenderness of a fellow-sufferer are combined, and is able to succor him, we should soon reach the rest of God. Trusting Jesus would bring us into it.

QUESTIONS TO ASK MYSELF

Am I willing to be a partaker of a heavenly CALLING?

Am I driven to hold fast to my confession to know the full power of Jesus to save?

Am I willing to listen today to the voice of the Holy Spirit?

Back