Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Daily Verses

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Scripture Of The Day - Life Lived In The Spirit

Ezekiel 37:5 - "Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live."

While Ezekiel was in the Spirit, it came to him to prophesy to the dry bones and say "O dry bones, hear the word of the Lord" (verse 4) and he saw an "exceeding great army" (verse 10) rising up about him. What is impossible with man is possible with God (Luke 18:27).

Our hearts always ought to burn. There is a place where we can live in the anointing and the clothing of the Spirit, where our words will be clothed with power. "Do not be drunk with wine...but be filled with the Spirit" (Ephesians 5:18).

All human reasoning and all human knowledge cannot be compared with the power of the life that is lived in the Spirit. In the Spirit, we have power to loose and power to bind (Matthew 16:19). May our spirit, soul and body be preserved holy (1 Thessalonians 5:23), and may we always be on fire, always ready with the anointing on us. If this is not so, we are out of divine order, and we ought to cry to Him until the glory comes upon us.

Scripture Of The Day - The Substance of Things Hoped For

Hebrews 11:1 - "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."
The way we use the word "hope" in everyday speech and the meaning of hope used in the Bible are two different things. When we say "I hope so" we simply mean "I desire or I wish."

Bible hope isn't wishing at all. It is earnest confident intense expectation -- and that's something else entirely. Acts 26:6 uses the phrase "hope of the promise" referring to the covenant God made with Abraham. That kind of hope is an earnest intense expectation that comes from God's promises. There's a vast difference between "I wish something would happen" and "I intensely expect that to happen."

Even when there is no natural evidence that what we hope for will come to pass, we can be expectant because we have faith in God's Word. Hope is always expectant, looking toward the future. Faith is always now! Without hope, faith has nothing to bring to pass.

Scripture Of The Day - No Standing Still

Philippians 3:16 - "I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

Paul spoke about the desire to attain. There is no standing still. We are renewed by the Spirit. We never get into a new place until we come out of the old one (Genesis 12:1-4).

We must see revelation of God's purpose for our life and learn about who we are in Christ and our right standing with God. We can never be satisfied to stay where we are spiritually, for the truth continues to enlighten us.

We must move on, or we will perish. We must be obedient to the Holy Spirit who guides us.

Scripture Of The Day - Your First Message From Jesus

"His disciples came to point out to Him the buildings of the temple. But He answered them....Truly, I say to you, there will not be left here one stone upon another, that will not be thrown down." - Matthew 24:1,2

Jesus said, in effect, 'I am the temple of the new dispensation. I am going to take the place of this old temple and I am going to be ALL that that temple represented, but in a fuller and better way.'

It is very possible that your first message from Jesus will not be words but an urgency you feel. You are starting to care about something beyond your own life. You are being influenced by the yearnings of God. He is depositing in you His grief and His love so you can respond to a specific need (your destiny). The Throne Life – the Ascended Life is the reality you acknowledge and pursue.

May we crave His presence increasingly and take it to a dying world. May we be so infused with Him, such a conduit for Him, that people are forever changed wherever we go. May others see Him and sense Him in us and desire His great salvation.

Titus 2:11-14

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Scripture Of Day - PLANTING THE WORD OVER OUR PROBLEM

James 3:17 - "But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy."

As we speak the tender mercies of the Word over a problem, our faith begins to rise up within us. We then release words of faith and plant seeds of power. These seeds then begin to grow up and become greater than the problems.

They begin to bear fruit -- fruit of deliverance, healing, miracles, love, joy, and peace. Souls are drawn into the Kingdom as Jesus is lifted up by the words of our mouth.

James 3:17 says that the Word is without hypocrisy. That means when we call things that be not as though they were, we're not lying or being hypocrites. We are not speaking lies or deceptions. We are speaking seeds of faith -- the seeds that start the process of God's operations in our lives will change our entire surroundings.

Scripture Of The Day - Knowing The Vastness Of Your Potential

John 15:7 - "If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you."

God says you have the potential to receive whatever you ask. You have a blank check -- but there is one condition on the cashing of that check: You must abide in Christ, and His word must abide in you. Jesus wants to knock the limits off your mind.

But first He requires that you stay hooked up with God. Jesus sees in you the potential to do greater things than He did (John 14:12). If Jesus says you have that potential, it's in there somewhere.

God believes in you.

He knows the vastness of your potential in your Christ calling. If He gives you an assignment, He's already given you the ability to fulfill what He asks. Only as you are connected to God, can you fulfill and maximize your true potential.

Scripture Of The Day - THE NEED TO UNDERSTAND WHO WE ARE IN CHRIST

John 20:21 - "So Jesus said to them again, 'Peace be with you; as the Father has sent Me, I also send you.'"

Possessing what belongs to us in our Christian walk requires change. Unless we choose to progressively walk beyond our own mindsets, we remain spiritually stagnant.

Regardless of how long we have been a believer we need to understand who we are in Christ, our right standing with God, and how to walk in the Spirit.

Church, Sunday school classes, and Bible study courses can only go so far in bringing us to the level we need to advance in God's purpose for our life. If we're not moving forward, it's likely that we need some mentoring to help us to fully understand Jesus' finished work on the cross so we can begin to bear fruit for God's Kingdom.

Scripture Of The Day - Overcoming Pablum Pumping Preaching

John 15:16 - "You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you."

Many Christians never progress beyond the basic principles of the gospel: others -- the minority -- demonstrate the abundant riches of God's grace.

The preacher's task should be to preach of the fullness of grace (the finished work of the cross) through Jesus Christ. Christians need to become aware of God's purpose for their lives and be encouraged to believe that a life of abundance in the fullness of the Spirit is meant for them.

Ask yourself whether you are living in the abundant fruit-bearing life that Jesus came to give you. If you are, it will be evidenced in your love for Jesus and a revelation of your calling in Christ, bearing fruit that remains -- leading and discipling others into their life in Christ.

Scripture Of The Day - Living in the Supernatural Glory Of God

John 15:16 - "You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you."

Many Christians never progress beyond the basic principles of the gospel: others -- the minority -- demonstrate the abundant riches of God's grace.

The preacher's task should be to preach of the fullness of grace (the finished work of the crostt) through Jesus Christ. Christians need to become aware of God's purpose for their lives and be encouraged to believe that a life of abundance in the fullness of the Spirit is meant for them.

Ask yourself whether you are living in the abundant fruit-bearing life that Jesus came to give you. If you are, it will be evidenced in your love for Jesus and a revelation of your calling in Christ, bearing fruit that remains -- leading and discipling others into their life in Christ.

Scripture Of The Day - Falling Short

Hebrews 13:5 - "He has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.'”

When you fall don't waste your time trying to figure everything out. Your understanding will always be twisted when you are depressed and you will never see truth from that place.

Depression is the deception that comes from seeing the world from your perspective. Truth comes from seeing the world through Jesus' eyes where He sits at the right hand of the Father. Those who abide in His presence will say "the whole earth is filled with His glory."

When you fall short of the Lord's grace and sin entangles you, it is hard for you to come to Him. You must learn to always run to the Lord at such times, not away from Him.

You repent towards heaven - you thank God for his forgiveness and for His guidance in showing you how to repent. You must not only seek His presence, but you must abide in His presence continually.

Scripture Of The Day - Arise And Shine

"Arise, shine; for your light has come, And the glory of the LORD has risen upon you." - Isaiah 60:1 NASB

"Arise and Shine." He says to you, "What is your mountain? Where do you have to go to shine to be seen? What do you have to do? For there is a mobilization He is calling you to that is far greater than you've ever known before. You will advance in the day of His power, so stir yourself up, stir yourself up on your most holy faith and get on your boots and get ready to be a mountain climber.

He is calling His people together to go forward -- even now receive a new anointing of faith, receive a new revelation of His PURPOSE for your life, receive a new anointing of strength, receive a new anointing of grace -- fear not for He with you. Resist the devil and he will flee, so it's time to "shine."

Scripture Of The Day - APPREHENDING THE AVERAGE CHRISTIAN LIFE

Romans 12:2 - "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."

You immerse yourself into the ascended life -- living from heaven dwelling in that sense of His presence and living from there.

You embrace the "Christ in You" by affirming and meditating on those scriptures that give understanding of your true Christ identity.

You "approve the will of God" by asking, knocking, and seeking until you understand and implement His purpose for your life. Much of the favor of God that you will be experiencing in life will be tied to living your life pursuing that purpose.

You believe with the highest expectation in the flow of the love of Jesus into your heart so you can bless and disciple others into their Christ identity.

Your favorite pastime and obsession becomes stoking a vision to advance His Kingdom in the earth.
You become a risk-taker and get out of the boat and walk on the water.

Scripture Of The Day - Taking Chances

Romans 8:31,32 - "If God is for us, who is against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?"

When walking in God's purpose for your life you've got to take a few chances. It is a temptation to wait and wait until you are absolutely sure of everything before you make a move.

If you've prayed and prayed and gathered the information needed, you're going to have to jump and go for what you feel called to do.

You will find that even when your decision was not the best, God can still use the situation to bless and propel you toward your Destiny in Christ.

Scripture Of The Day - No Condemnation

Romans 4:5 - "And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,"

Romans 4:5 talks about faith that believes God justifies the ungodly. When you believe that God justifies the ungodly it will give you boldness to come to God, even when you feel unclean because you have just blown it.

When you fail, don't run away from God. Run boldly to Him, knowing that you are justified by the blood of Christ and not by your good behavior. The devil may say to you, "How can you do that? Who do you think you are?" Don't listen to him. Pick yourself up and thank God for the blood and the gift of no condemnation (Romans 8:1).

If God justifies the ungodly, how much more you, His beloved child!

Scripture Of The Day - Love Break

John 15:9 - "As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love."

In your workplace you probably take coffee breaks and lunch breaks -- Why not do the same in your spiritual life -- take time out for a love break?

What is a love break?

It is the time you take to enjoy and feed on the love of Jesus for you. As you spend time feeding on the love of Jesus for you, you will see yourself nourished, strengthened and sustained by His Love and also see it flowing through you into the lives of others.

During the day, when you are hard at work, when busyness sets in, when problems pile up or when discouragement comes, just stop everything and take a love break with Jesus! Let Jesus love you. Let yourself enjoy being loved by Him. Abide in His love and be nourished by His love for you!

Scripture Of The Day - Consecration

Colossians 2:10 - "And you have been given full life in union with him..."

Ephesians 2:10 - "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them."

You have a unique purpose and a destiny that is distinct from any other person who has ever lived.

If you are more concerned about people's opinion of you than God's vision for you, then give in to peer pressure, and fit in with everyone else. Dress like them -- Act like them -- Eat what they eat -- Spend 70 hours a week watching television like they do -- live on credit like they do, satisfied with barely getting by -- Go where they go -- Think like they think -- talk like they talk.

Be courageous enough to claim your right and affirm your ability to rise to greater heights. You're a rising star in the Kingdom of God. You have inside you the courage and stamina to push away the negativity of conformity. Invite the upward call of Christ in your life to come in.

Scripture Of The Day - Eternity In My Heart

Ecclesiastes 3:11 - "He has also set eternity in the hearts of men."

There is something within you that is being called by eternity. We live in time and space but time and space are connected to eternity, and God has put something into your heart that calls the unseen into the seen.

The vision God has put in your heart is "a piece of eternity" that He gave you to deliver in time and space -- that is, on the earth during your lifetime. God lives in eternity, yet He has specifically placed you in time so that others on earth will be able to see a piece of eternity that is in Him.

It is this piece of eternity that makes you uncomfortable or dissatisfied with your present life because you are not yet manifesting YOUR PURPOSE in your Christ calling.

Scripture Of The Day - Christ In You

Colossians 1:27 - "To them, God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory."

The mystery is that Christ is in you. That is your hope of glory. This suggests, then, that our task is not to get Christ into us, but out of us. What God sees when He looks at you is Christ.

Jesus came to show us what Christ looks like when He takes on human form. But it is Christ that God's looking at. God sees Christ in you. That's the hope of glory -- Christ in you.

Christ is the image of God. The word image means "the essence of the being". Christ is the image of God. That means when God created you. He created you in His image, and His image is Christ. That's why the Bible never calls us the Body of Jesus. Jesus was the human manifestation of the heavenly Christ. We humans on earth, with all our fallibilities and weaknesses -- God pronounces on us: "You are the Body of Christ." In other words, Christ is in us somewhere.

When we want to meet Christ God will show us the Church. But we can't accept this because we think that Christ is in Heaven. No, He isn't. Jesus is in Heaven. Christ is sitting in your clothes, living in the body of the believer. Christ is the essence of God -- He's God Himself. God intended for you to be created in His image. Although you may say, "I want to be like Jesus," God says, "There's something deeper." You were lost and Jesus came to bring you back. God sent Jesus so you could see yourself.

Scripture Of The Day - Higher Ground

2 Chronicles 20:20 - "Believe in the Lord your God, and you shall be established."

God wants to give us higher ground, holier thoughts, and a more concentrated, clearer ministry to others. God wants us to be a rising tide every day. This rising tide is an attitude of the spirit where God rises higher and higher in your spiritual consciousness. He wants us to come to the place where we will never look back (Genesis 19:15-26).

So change your perspective so that you will know that God is operating through you for this time and forevermore.

Believe that the Holy Spirit is awakening you to deep things today -- putting you in touch with your Christ calling so that you will productively bear fruit that remains for God's Kingdom.

Are you ready to move and be moved by the mighty power of God that cannot be moved, and to be so chastened and built up that you are in the place where it doesn't matter where the wind blows or what difficulty comes because you are fixed in God?

Back