Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Daily Verses

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$900.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Scripture Of The Day - Citizenship In Heaven

Colossians 1:12,13 - "Giving thanks unto the Father ...Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son."

Many believers limit God without even realizing it by training their eyes on the limited resources of this world rather than the unlimited riches of God's Kingdom.

Their faith fails when they think of the troubled economy on the earth or of the scarcity that surrounds them.
The Bible says God has "delivered us from the power of darkness, and has translated us into the kingdom of His dear Son." To be translated means to be taken out of one place and put into another.

In other words, your citizenship is not primarily of this earth...you are first and foremost a citizen of the Kingdom of God. That means this planet doesn't have any right to dictate to you whether your needs are met or not. The Bible says God will meet your needs according to His riches in glory! (Philippians 4:19)

AFFIRMATIONS:

I wake up to the fact that I've been translated out of a world of poverty into a kingdom of abundance.

Heaven's unlimited resources are available to me!

Scripture Of The Day - The Mind Of Christ

"For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ" - 1 Corinthians 2:16

This is a cross-reference from Isaiah 40:13 which says: "Who can fathom the Spirit of the LORD, or instruct the LORD as his counselor?". What Paul was trying to say is that along with the domain of the King comes the reality of our mind being merged with His! Under the law, no one could understand the mind of the Lord, but under grace, we have been given His very mind. This is the reality of a Kingdom Dweller. Our mind is no longer a battleground for the enemy, but a concourse for the Holy Ghost.

According to 1 Corinthians 4:1, we are stewards of His mysteries! A steward literally means a governor. A kingdom must be in place for us to govern—and that Kingdom is His, and you are a governor of His mysteries on the earth!

That being said, we no longer press in for more of what we don't have but learn all of OUR CHRIST IDENTITY and OUR RIGHT STANDING WITH GOD which we have been granted through Christ Jesus' Blood!

Scripture Of The Day - Charging Our Faith

God wants to charge our faith today. He wants us to see it is not obtained by struggling and working and pining. "...the Father himself loveth you..." (John 16:27) "..Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses" (Matthew 8:17). "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:18).

May we lay hold of this living faith today -- the Blood has never lost its power -- as we get nearer and nearer to Jesus wonderful things will take place. The baptism of Jesus must bring us to have a single eye to the glory of God; everything else is wasted time and wasted energy.

The Holy Spirit wants us for the purpose of manifesting Jesus through us. The Holy Spirit moving upon us will make us to be like Him, and we will truly say, "Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?" (God's purpose for our life)

Scripture Of The Day - Harvesting Boredom

Galatians 6:7,8 - "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting."

Observation:

He has revealed the endless crop of boredom I will harvest when I base my life on pleasure-seeking instead of finding God’s purpose for my life and learning how to bear fruit that remains for His Kingdom, thereby, sowing acts of goodness and love for a harvest of eternal life.

Luke 21:31 - "But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you."

Affirmations:

I ASK , SEEK, AND KNOCK (Matthew 7:7) UNTIL I COME TO UNDERSTAND AND BEGIN CARRYING OUT GOD’S PURPOSE FOR MY LIFE.

I SEE AND MEDITATE ON THE LOVE OF THE LORD JESUS FLOWING THROUGH MY HEART INTO THE LIVES OF OTHERS.

Matthew 5:6 - "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled."

In my morning devotions I am running across some very excellent Verses I'd like to share. Let this thread be about that. Share your daily verse or verses (in context). Just one per day and not a whole list of them. Make a pithy comment and let the Spirit speak to the reader.

'Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. ' 1 John 4:7-11 https://www.bible.com/bible/59/1JN.4.7-11

God's love for us is foundational to our faith. It's not that we loved Him, but that He first loved us. For God is love. May this truth cover you today. God is the source, the well of love. Drink deeply from the well.

May your day be blessed in Him and may you shine before all with whom God brings you into contact. Have a blessed day.

~Papa
Matthew 5:5
[5]Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Your heart must be like that of a child in order to enter into heaven and being meek is the opposite of pride.

Scripture Of The Day - Understanding Our Christ Identity

John 1:16 - "And of his fulness have all we received and grace for grace."

Most Christians believe God can do anything but experience very little. They believe that God can release His power in answer to prayer, but whether something comes to pass or not depends on their performance (ie. being holy, speaking right, studying the word. tithing, avoiding strife, etc).

This view short-circuits God's power because their focus is on what they need to do instead of what Christ has already done. They think God's power is out there somewhere, and they must do things in order to obtain it!

The truth is, when we were born again, God put His power, anointing, victory, joy, peace -- everything -- in us in abundance. The only reason they weren't manifest in our soul and body is our unrenewed mind.

AFFIRMATION:

I refuse to look to the physical realm.....instead, I look at, affirm, and meditate on the scriptures that give me an understanding of my Christ identity.

Scripture Of The Day - Counting The Cost

Luke 14:28 - "For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it?"

The parable of the man building a tower is a continuation of the teaching regarding what it takes to be a disciple of Jesus -- this parable stresses commitment. It takes a forsaking of all to be Jesus' disciple.

Jesus is simply saying, "count the cost." Just as a king wouldn't engage in war (verse 31) without thoroughly considering all the possible outcomes, so no one should attempt to become a disciple of Jesus without counting the cost. It would be better not to start following Jesus than to start and then turn back.

No one should be fearful of making a total commitment because of some imagined problem. There should be a willingness to forsake everything to follow Jesus. Once we make that decision, then Christ begins to live through us (Galatians 2:20) and we find a strength that is not our own.

Scripture Of The Day - Thy Word Is Truth

John 17:17 - "Sanctify them through thy truth; thy word is truth."

John 8:32 - "If you continue in my word, then are you, my disciples, indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

We don't belong to sickness and disease. We don't belong to the money lenders. Debt ties us back to the world's system. That system is cursed by the same law of sin and death that curses everything else in this natural world.

First Peter 1:23 says we have been born again by the incorruptible seed of the Word of God. Your future is inside you now. Your future is in your heart and in your mouth!

The Word of God will keep us free as long as we stand on it, confess it with our mouths and feed our spirits with it continuously.

Scripture Of The Day - Thy Word Is Truth

John 17:17 - "Sanctify them through thy truth; thy word is truth."

John 8:32 - "If you continue in my word, then are you, my disciples, indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

We don't belong to sickness and disease. We don't belong to the money lenders. Debt ties us back to the world's system. That system is cursed by the same law of sin and death that curses everything else in this natural world.

First Peter 1:23 says we have been born again by the incorruptible seed of the Word of God. Your future is inside you now. Your future is in your heart and in your mouth!

The Word of God will keep us free as long as we stand on it, confess it with our mouths and feed our spirits with it continuously.
feed our spirits--feed what spirits?

Scripture Of The Day - Christ In You

Acts 4:13 - "Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated, common men, they were astonished. And they recognized that they had been with Jesus."

This is the season where you will be confounding the minds of many. You are emerging from the depths and from the darkness into the shadows of the Most High. People will be shocked by God's presence in you.

People will be astonished and ask you, "Where did you come from? Who is your covering? Who is this God that you serve?" When they see you and the power, anointing, and authority that you walk in, they will be wrecked. People will be saved and want you to disciple them because of the glory you carry.

NOW is the time of the world's greatest show! Your true "you" is being unveiled. Your true "you" is being displayed.

Scripture Of The Day - Facing Impossibilities

Zechariah 4:6, "'...Not by might nor by power but by My Spirit,' says the Lord."

Are there fortified "impossibilities" that you are personally facing? If so, now is not the time to lose hope or give up! It is not the time to allow the anxiety of pending defeat to rob you of your faith.

Now is the time to hear the good report and prophesy it over your impossible circumstance! In 2022 declare Zechariah 4:6 over your situation and then hear and obey even the most foolish thing. Let a victory shout rise up so that you are raised up out of a posture of defeat (the tomb of dread). Stop seeing the impossible as your death sentence or sure defeat! It is your invitation into victory and breakthrough.

Will you dare to believe the good report or will you live according to what the impossible dictates? Will you remain in Egypt (under a master that enslaves you to hard labor) or will you move into the Promised Land of your inheritance and believe, as you hear and obey, that "by His Spirit" the breakthrough and victory will come? Take the good report and watch the walls that stand between you and your promise fall. Now is the time for breakthrough after breakthrough!

Scripture Of The Day - That I Might Know Him

Philippians 3:10 - “That I may know Him.”

Do I know Him where I am today? The initiative of the saint is not towards self-actualization, but towards knowing Jesus Christ.

The spiritual saint never thinks of his life as both worldly and sacred; he sees all trials and tribulations as the means of securing the knowledge of Jesus Christ. There is a reckless abandonment about him.

The Holy Spirit is determined that we shall realize Jesus Christ in every domain of life, and He will bring us back to the same point again and again until we do.

Every phase of our actual life has its counterpart in the life of Jesus. Our aim, as spiritual saints, is to secure the realization of Jesus Christ in every set of circumstances we are in.

Scripture Of The Day - Come Forth

"...[EVEN NOW whatever You will ask of God, God will give it You" (John 11:22).

Today, you may be looking at dead circumstances all around you and if that is the case right now rise up in faith -- speak to that hopeless and lifeless situation. Speak to the Lord in faith -- "Lord, I believe you for an 'EVEN NOW' miracle."
"Behold, I will do a new thing; NOW IT SHALL SPIRING FORTH..." (Isaiah 43:19)

When God calls you forth (John 11:43), it does not matter who has buried you, or who does not like it, or who celebrated your funeral...there is nothing that anyone can do and there is no power on Earth that can stop that supernatural surge of God's Word calling you forth!

You are breathing but you are lifeless. Hear the Spirit of the Lord declaring to you today, "Come forth!" See a sudden surge of God's power, answers to prayer, and an outpouring of His Spirit. Keep praying, keep standing and keep contending.

Scripture Of The Day - Shortcomings of Mental Assent

James 1:22 - "But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves."

One of the greatest enemies of faith is what is called "mental assent." People who operate in mental assent read the Word and think they believe it. But when pressure comes, they don't act on it.

Real faith believes what the Word says even though your eyes and your feelings tell you something different. Faith doesn't care what the symptoms are. It doesn't care how the circumstances look. Faith in God's Word will change the symptoms, it will bring the money to get the bills paid.

So determine in your heart today to speak God's Word out your mouth, meditate on it as you go throughout the day, see yourself in the Word, become one with the Word, and speak nothing contrary to that Word. Don't be a mental assenter. Be a mighty person of faith.

Scripture Of The Day - Uncomfortable Teachings

Matthew 5:39 - "But I say unto you, That you resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also."

These verses reveal the humiliation of being a Christian. When you are insulted, you must not only not resent it, but make it an occasion to exhibit the Son of God. To the saint personal insult becomes the occasion of revealing the incredible love of the Lord Jesus.

The teaching of the Sermon on the Mount is not -- Do your duty, but -- Do what is not your duty. It is not your duty to go the second mile, to turn the other cheek, but Jesus says if we are His disciples we shall always do these things. There will be no spirit of -- "Oh, well, I cannot do anymore, I have been so misunderstood."

Every time I insist upon my rights, I hurt the Son of God. The disciple realizes that it is his Lord's honor that is at stake in his life, not his own honor. We are always looking for justice; the teaching on the Sermon on the Mount is -- Never look for justice, but never cease to live it.

Scripture Of The Day - Holy Spirit Directed Responses

2 Corinthians 10:5 - "We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,"

We tend to live our lives based on our feelings. We DO feel emotional atmospheres, and typically, when it is negative, we want to react with a quick word to defend ourselves or make our point.

So what can you do to shift your feelings to a Holy Spirit directed response?

STOP.

Quiet yourself and ask Holy Spirit, "How do You want me to respond?"

LISTEN.

He has an answer for you.

The good news is, you are not subject to your feelings when you are submitted to the Holy Spirit. Your feelings do not have to control everything you do and say. Romans 8:13 - "For if you live according to your human nature, you are going to die; but if by the Spirit you put to death your sinful actions, you will live."

Scripture Of The Day - Made In His Image

Genesis 1:27 - "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them."

When God made you in His likeness, He did not make you to look like Him. He made you to function like Him. That's what likeness literally means. When God created you, He made you to operate like Him.

If you are not functioning like God, you are "malfunctioning" because God wired and designed you to function like Him. How does God function? "Without faith it is impossible to please God" - Hebrews 11:6. God functions by faith.

We were designed to operate by faith. God sees in you the potential to dominate, rule, and subdue the whole earth. "Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over...all the earth..." - Genesis 1:26. Thus, if the earth in any way is dominating you, you are malfunctioning.

Scripture Of The Day - Equipping The Saints

Acts 3:1 - "Now Peter and John were going up to the temple at the ninth hour, the hour of prayer."

Peter and John were at the Gate Beautiful when they encountered a lame man begging for alms. He was living in a state of survival...begging just to survive. He lived with no victory, no breakthrough, no ability to move forward, no joy, and no vision for his future that was different from the daily grind.

Rather than giving him earthly riches to meet a temporal need, which would have left him in a survival state, Peter and John met his need that money couldn't buy and released healing to him through the power of Jesus' name. His survival status shifted to a man who carried revival as he leaped to his feet and praised God. His vision for life was revived! His joy was revived! His faith in God was revived!

This is a picture of not just miracles for individuals, but a picture of Christ working through believers to elevate the name of Jesus.

Believers have been lame, dysfunctional, or limited in hope or vision of their usefulness in God's Kingdom.

Being discipled into their Christ identity will cause an inactive, incapacitated, weak, and limited Church to burst out with a revelation of their calling in Christ and confidence to help others in advancing their spiritual life.

Scripture Of The Day - One With Christ

1 John 2:27 - "As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you,"

According to the scriptures, before you were born again, you were without the Anointed One (Jesus). If you were without the Anointed One you were also without the anointing.

But now, since you are one with Christ, you are in the anointing of Jesus. The anointing is available to you in every situation you face to destroy every yoke of bondage. The anointing of God is God on flesh doing those things only God can do.

So, whatever you are facing today, begin factoring in the anointing in your life. If a yoke is holding you back, then rejoice, because the anointing will destroy it!

Back