Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Daily Verses

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I get into so much trouble that lesson but people do not understand anything about living a Holy Life. i.e. I had a class of 12 Senior Men, 13 with me. I always use only the Original Curriculum, the Word of YHWH.

Either the second or third week in one of the men told me, just, as I opened the lesson, "Bill, not everyone can be as holy as you are." If you ever want to hurt a person, man or woman, that truly love their Elohim, YHWH, hit them smack in the face with that one.

I, just as any teacher of the Bible that does so because God called them, know the condition of their hearts as well as remember where God took us from. No human on this planet deserves Hell and then the Lake of Fire any more than me! I cannot forget the Womanizing, the Whiskey Consumption, the Corrupt Language, the Theft, the Lies told, the Fornication, and on that I am GUILTY of and it cut me to the heart to be told no one can be as Holy as I am?

It is as though these men had never heard my testimony and I knew they had. The next week I had a class of three, including myself. They left my class and they left the Church. It broke my heart that they were not willing to live a life devoted to YHWH.

In this old codger's life a Holy Life is not the life of perfection but, rather, it is the life of seeking perfection because YHWH seperated me out of my people to go live with Him.

I still blow it! But look at King David. He was an Adulterer, he was murderer and he was, perhaps, the Worst Father ever! And yet YHWH calls him a man after His own heart. David understood his condition and did not deny it but instead he did his best to repent of his Fleshly Desires.

Holy has an assortment of meanings and in the case of living a Holy Life it means living a life seperated from the bulk of the people and seeking after God in spite of the Flesh and it's desires

Still on love. After patience love is described 'kind'.
1 Corinthians 13:4 NKJV

4. Love suffers long and is kind......

Kind means a lot off things too.

Luke 3:11 NKJV

11. He answered and said to them, "He that has two tunics, let him give to him who has none; and he that has food let him do likewise."

Luke 10:30-35 tells us about the good samaritan

From these I gather that caring about others is being kind.

Compassion, sympathy, empathy, a listening ear, the opposite of hurting someone or embarrassing them, being generous, helpful and friendly. A smile, a hug etc. etc.

I'm sure you can add many more.

Father help us to live the way your Son set the example

God Bless

Give thanks. Today, I thought of the wonders of God's love and how we ought to have thankful hearts towards Him. But not only to Him, but to others as well, especially fellow believers. And I considered that genuine thankfulness springs from a heart of love. The only way for a pure heart of love to be within us is if it's the Spirit of God at work in our hearts giving us HIS love! Let us cultivate a spirit of thankfulness and gratitude for all He has done!

1 Chronicles 16:34 (NASB)
O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NASB)
in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Psalms 107:1 (NASB)
Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, For His lovingkindness is everlasting.

Psalms 100:4 (NASB)
Enter His gates with thanksgiving And His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him, bless His name.

Psalms 86:12 (NASB)
I will give thanks to You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, And will glorify Your name forever.

If you have a verse of thanksgiving to share, please do! Or a story of thanksgiving, share that as well. God bless and have a blessed Sunday serving Him, serving and loving others in His precious name! Jesus!

I was reading this in my Message Bible last night. Of course these weren't the exact words, but I still wanted to post it anyway.

John 20:29 Jesus saith onto Him, "Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: Blessed are they that have not seen and yet have believed."

Although it's not directly about love. I think Mathew 6:25-34 intersects with both love and with trusting God. It reminds me of love because a type of love is through providing for someone. And God seems to reassure us here that He knows our needs and provides for us. They are also verses about trusting God, and are some hard verses to put into practice. To not worry but just trust in God.

Mathew 6:25-34

25Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Here's a great Bible verse that I found that has to do with the forgiveness we have through Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 1:7 "In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace."

Ephesians 3
14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,[c] 15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 21 to Him beglory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. verse 20 i may not fully grasp it but times i pray it and tell the Lord i sure could use this..

'But you are A chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession , so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;'
1 Peter 2:9

Salt of the earth. A preservation. Light of the world. Do you act according to your identity in Christ?

Proclaim the excellencies of God, His majesty and power, His glory and holiness, and the unfathomable riches of His grace.

'"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.' John 5:24

Jesus spoke words that pointed us to the Father. Hearing the words of Jesus means that we believe what He was saying AND that we believe in the Father who sent the Son. This believing is putting our trust and faith in the ONE sent and that is eternal life - for it is found only in the SON. It is at that moment of believing, we have passed from death to life.

Of course there's more that can be said but this is enough for now. Soak it in, this Truth from the Father, through the Son, by the Spirit, to us.

Praise His Name! ~Papa

Here's a great Bible verse I found that could help this forum an awful lot.

Proverbs 28:25; "The greedy stir up conflict, but those who trust in the Lord will prosper."

Psalm 56:3,4 NKJV

3. Whenever I am afraid,
I will trust in You.
4. In God (I will praise His word),
In God I have put my trust;
I will not fear.
What can flesh do to me?

I have to memorize those two verses.

God Bless you all.

Easter is meant to be a symbol of hope, renewal, and new life.
Janine di Giovanni

A Living Sacrifice
Romans 12:1 "I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.
12:2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."

What a wonderful time of year to really take these two verses very seriously. If we would read, pray over, and present our bodies (the Temple of the Holy Spirit) a living sacrifice, we would enter a new dimension of the will of God.

'This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God. '

James 1:19-20
https://www.bible.com/bible/100/JAS.1.19-20

Alignment

I've been working on this all my life. I'm getting better but still working. We need to align our will to God's. Breaking down God's instruction here:

Learn to be a careful, thoughful listener
Choose your words carefully and wisely
Be patient, reflective, and forgiving.
Anger does not achieve righteousness.

Proverbs 17:27 AMP
' He who has knowledge restrains and is careful with his words, And a man of understanding and wisdom has a cool spirit (self-control, an even temper). '

Proberbs 21:23 AMP
' He who guards his mouth and his tongue Guards himself from troubles. '

Proberbs 10:19 AMP
' When there are many words, transgression and offense are unavoidable, But he who controls his lips and keeps thoughtful silence is wise.'

Proberbs 14:29 AMP
' He who is slow to anger has great understanding [and profits from his self-control], But he who is quick-tempered exposes and exalts his foolishness [for all to see]. '

Oh God that I could learn this truth and apply it in my life this day and every day. Give me the wisdom to know when to speak, how to speak, and when to keep silent to listen.

Back