Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Daily Verses

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Scripture Of The Day - Change The Atmosphere
2 Chronicles 5:11, 13-14 tells us:"When the priests came forth from the holy place…when they praised the LORD…glory of the LORD filled the house of God."

God sent the praisers out ahead of the army, and the battle was won before it began…it can be the same way today.

Take 15 minutes of your day for the next week or so and PRAISE GOD. WORSHIP GOD. CHANGE THE ATMOSPHERE…dance before the Lord with all your might. Declare the names of God into the atmosphere – whatever way God leads you to praise, just praise!

You can do this; you can see change. You can see faith replace fear. You can see joy replace anxiety. You can see peace replace chaos. When you praise Him, when you lift Him up, He comes on the scene, and everything changes.

Scripture Of The Day - Rhema To Your Spirit
John 6:63 - "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh gains nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life."

The Word of God and its power to heal your body is more than just good information. It actually has LIFE in it! Jesus said so in John 6:63. That's because the Word is like a seed. Hebrews 4:12 (Amp) says it is "alive and full of power -- making it active, operative, energizing and effective..."

It actually carries within it the power to fulfill itself. When you planted the Word about the new birth in your heart, then believed and acted on it, that Word released within you the power to be born again.

By the same token, when you plant the Word about healing in your heart, believe and act on it, that Word will release God's healing power in you. Speak its life-giving force aloud over your body in faith...and receive your healing! Receive His LIFE!

Scripture Of The Day - Stand Firm In Your Christ Identity
Galatians 6:9 (TPT), "And don't allow yourselves to be weary or disheartened in planting good seeds, for the season of reaping the wonderful harvest you've planted is coming!"

The Lord is encouraging you to not grow weary but to continue on in faith, knowing He is faithful, for your season of harvest is ahead. According to Ecclesiastes 3:1-8, we know that God ordains times and seasons in our lives.

The Lord is reminding you of past victories where you have seen Him move on your behalf. You will see His goodness abound in your life and you will testify of His awesome faithfulness. Rejoice in God who holds all things in His hands and from whom all good things come.

Continue to stand firm in your Christ identity as the Lord is using all you have been through and all you are going through to build and increase you in revelation and understanding concerning advancing in His purpose for your life.

Psalm 27:13 - "I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of God in the LORD in the land of the living."

Scripture Of The Day - Casting Our Nets Outside The Norm
John 21:6 - "And He said unto them, Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find. They cast therefore, and now they were not able to draw it for the multitude of fishes."

It's time to cast our nets – our way of thinking – outside of the norm and into the realm where the FAITH OF JESUS exists (Romans 3:22; Galatians 2: 20 KJV; Ephesians 3:12). We purposefully go deep in the waters with the Holy Spirit until we perceive the LORD is in our midst and receive His mind and HIS faith about the situation!

Are you struggling financially? Cast your net into the TRUTH that God wants to bless you abundantly, to prosper you and multiply what you have for the Kingdom! Maybe you think that it's your own fault for poor management and bad decisions. God is good, and He has resources beyond your natural thinking.

When Peter was asked about paying taxes, Jesus told him to go fishing and that there would be a coin in the fish's mouth! (Matthew 17:27)

Scripture Of The Day - Authoritative Now Word
2 Samuel 5:20 - "So David came to Baal-perazim and defeated them there; and he said, 'The LORD has broken through my enemies before me like the breakthrough of waters.'"

God is the God of the breakthrough, but He uses our hands. A breakthrough is an act or point of breaking through an obstruction or defensive line; it is an important advance in knowledge or achievement. Breakthrough happens when we take the first offensive step against the barriers in our life. Spiritual breakthroughs come to those who persevere before the throne of grace in faith.

"You will also decree a thing, and it will be established for you; and light will shine on your ways" (Job 22:28).

Are you in need of a breakthrough? A prophetic decree is an authoritative "now" word that unlocks the supernatural and causes a shift to take place. When we decree something, we are making a declaration that has the weight of Kingdom authority behind it.

Scripture Of The Day - I Am Sanctified

1 Corinthians 1:30 - "And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption,"

Sanctification does not mean anything less than the holiness of Jesus being made ours manifestly.
The one marvelous secret of a holy life lies not in imitating Jesus, but in letting the perfections of Jesus manifest themselves in our mortal flesh. Sanctification is "Christ in you." It is His wonderful life that is imparted by faith as a gift of God's grace.

Sanctification is not drawing from Jesus the power to be holy; it is drawing from Jesus the holiness that was manifested in Him, and He manifests it in us. Sanctification is an impartation, not an imitation.

Question to ask myself: Am I willing to believe Jesus for the sanctified life in Him, that He is living through me?

Scripture Of The Day - Freedom In Christ
1 John 3:21,22 - "Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God; He will give us whatever we ask, because we obey him and do what pleases him."

Walk in obedience in the light you have. Take the time to listen and be responsive to the Spirit of God. When He tells you to do something, do it.

A life of obedience will give you a spiritual boldness you've never had before. It will give you boldness in prayer, a boldness in faith. It will give you a confidence toward God, as you continue to fulfill your calling in Christ. Doubt and condemnation are a thing of the past as you repent towards the heavenly example. You live the heavenly life as the love of Jesus flows through your heart as you seek others who you can disciple in their spiritual life. Your one great ambition is to bear fruit that remains for His Kingdom and move from glory to glory as you move forward in God's purpose for your life. There is nothing the enemy can throw against you since you have been given everything in Christ Jesus and have power and authority over adverse circumstances that come against you and others.

You rest in your freedom in Christ and your right standing with God as you celebrate your sonship in His Kingdom.

Scripture Of The Day - Freedom In Christ
1 John 3:21,22 - "Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God; He will give us whatever we ask, because we obey him and do what pleases him."

Walk in obedience in the light you have. Take the time to listen and be responsive to the Spirit of God. When He tells you to do something, do it.

A life of obedience will give you a spiritual boldness you've never had before. It will give you boldness in prayer, a boldness in faith. It will give you a confidence toward God, as you continue to fulfill your calling in Christ. Doubt and condemnation are a thing of the past as you repent towards the heavenly example. You live the heavenly life as the love of Jesus flows through your heart as you seek others who you can disciple in their spiritual life. Your one great ambition is to bear fruit that remains for His Kingdom and move from glory to glory as you move forward in God's purpose for your life. There is nothing the enemy can throw against you since you have been given everything in Christ Jesus and have power and authority over adverse circumstances that come against you and others.

You rest in your freedom in Christ and your right standing with God as you celebrate your sonship in His Kingdom.
A good word. Thank you!

Scripture Of The Day - God's Will To Heal Today!
Luke 13:16 - "And ought not this woman, a daughter of Abraham whom Satan bound for eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the Sabbath day?”

The teaching that says that sickness is actually a blessing in disguise, because the Lord is working His plan in one's life is not found in scripture. Nowhere do we find Jesus refusing to heal anyone. His actions are proof enough that it is always God's will to heal!

Jesus provided for physical healing as well as forgiveness of sins. The very word save (Greek "sozo") is translated "made whole" in reference to physical healing. James 5:15 says "the prayer of faith shall save (sozo) the sick".

Many scriptures mention the healing of our bodies in conjunction with the forgiveness of our sins. Healing is part of our salvation, just as much as the forgiveness of our sins.

It is God's will that no one should perish, but many do because of their unbelief. Likewise, it is God's will that we all be healed, but not all are healed because of failure to believe.

Scripture Of The Day - Walking In The Spirit
Psalm 62:5 - "For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him."

Our world today is very noisy, busy and at times stressful. When you feel stressed or frustrated, go somewhere that is silent -- your soul will begin to calm down. Inner peace and quiet are vital for hearing from God or sensing the direction He wants us to take.

Outer silence helps promote inner silence. Learn to love silence and you will be more inclined to hear the still, small voice of God. At a time when Elijah desperately needed to receive direction from God, he had to wait until all the noise passed, and only when he was in a gentle stillness did he hear the still, small voice of God speaking to him. (1 Kings 19:11-12)

Scripture Of The Day - Christian Labor
Hebrews 2:1 - "Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip."

You can really slip into unbelief about the promises of God. And when you do, it will cost you dearly. Hebrews 4:11 tells us, "Let us labor, therefore, to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief."
We must labor! Not by working with our hands or feet or struggling to get God to do something, but by spending time in God's Word -- hanging on to the promises of God by faith, day after day. We must labor by harkening to the Word and refusing to let it slip (through affirming and meditating).

Don't get casual about the Word. Instead, dig more deeply in the Word than ever. Be diligent to keep your faith from slipping -- and you won't have to fall!

Scripture Of The Day - Faith Comes By Affirming God's Word
Romans 12:3 - "For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith."

Some believers will learn a little about faith and put it into practice. But when they don't get instant results, they sometimes get discouraged. They begin to think they just don't have the kind of faith that people in the Bible had.

The Word says God has given every man "among you" -- or every believer -- the measure of faith -- it's a force inside your spirit that is a part of you. Everybody's newborn spirit has faith in it. And that faith increases as it hears and receives the Word of God.

You already have in you all the faith you'll ever need. If there is weakness, it is the development and the release of that faith.

Scripture Of The Day - Embracing Our Christ Potential
Romans 8:18 - "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. The creation waits in eager expectation of (the glory of) the sons of God to be revealed."

The word "glory" means the "true nature" or full essence of a thing. In other words, to fall short of glory means to live below your true potential in Christ.

All creation was affected by man's original sin. God's creation is waiting for man's glory or true potential in Christ to be exposed because creation's destiny is tied to man's. Thus, any abortion, whether it's the abortion of a dream, a vision, writing, or leadership affects both nature and the succeeding generations of man in God's Kingdom.

Scripture Of The Day - Interruptions
Genesis 18:1,2 - "One day Abraham was sitting at the entrance to his tent during the hottest part of the day. 2 He looked up and noticed three men standing nearby. When he saw them, he ran to meet them and welcomed them, bowing low to the ground."

In Genesis 18 Abraham was sitting in front of his tent during the heat of the day. All of a sudden he looked up and saw three men standing in front of him. What Abraham did next catalyzed the destiny for himself and Sarah: He stood up and he ran to meet them. The arrival of these men wasn't convenient and it wasn't expected. At first, he didn't even realize that it was the Lord! Abraham INTERRUPTED what he was doing in order to host the men. His being willing to INTERRUPT his plans resulted in the fulfillment of God's promise for the son that they had been waiting on for more than 20 years (Genesis 18:10)!

Those who are prepared to INTERRUPT and adjust their own plans and schedules as God intervenes will see new doors for personal breakthrough and Kingdom advancement open.

Scripture Of The Day - Resurrect Your Faith

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” - Hebrews 11:1

You need to see your miracle in your spirit before it will manifest. You need to see it as finished. We must catch a vision and revelation of what Jesus has already done. We must see ourselves healed.

When Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead, He did not have to lay hands on the dead. There was authority in the Word of God. What is dead? Maybe your faith is dead. Maybe your relationship with God, your marriage, your children, your body, your church, or even your ministry is dead.

See the situation and command resurrection power to be released. Let your hope rise again and your faith be resurrected. Contend for miracles as your vision is restored. See the power of his life come. He is the Resurrection and Life!

Scripture Of The Day - Faith VS Hope
Hebrews 11:1 - "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

The way we use the word "hope" in everyday speech and the meaning of hope used in the Bible are two different things. When we say "I hope so" we simply mean "I desire or I wish."

Bible hope isn't wishing at all. It is earnest confident intense expectation -- and that's something else entirely. Acts 26:6 uses the phrase "hope of the promise" referring to the covenant God made with Abraham. That kind of hope is an earnest intense expectation that comes from God's promises. There's a vast difference between "I wish something would happen" and "I intensely expect that to happen."

Even when there is no natural evidence that what we hope for will come to pass, we can be expectant because we have faith in God's Word. Hope is always expectant, looking toward the future. Faith is always now! Without hope, faith has nothing to bring to pass.

Scripture Of The Day - Speaking Your Miracle
Mark 11:23,24 - "...shall not doubt in his heart but shall BELIEVE THAT WHAT HE SAYS shall be done, WHATSOEVER HE SAYS SHALL BE DONE unto him. Therefore I say unto you, whatever things you desire, when you pray, BELIEVE THAT YOU RECEIVE them, and you shall have them."

Believing is an action word. Just before Jesus told us in Mark 11:24 to believe that we receive, He told us in verse 23 that we "we shall have whatever we say." Put those two together and you'll see what a powerful thing it is when you actually say the phrase, "I believe I receive."

Something happens in your spirit when you say those words. When you constantly say with your mouth, "I believe I receive my healing," or "I believe I receive my financial needs met," and then quote the scriptures that back those things, faith is released to bring power to bear in the areas of those needs.

When everything looks the worst, we say it the loudest, I BELIEVE I RECEIVE!

Scripture Of The Day - Receiving His Power
John 1:12 - "But as many as received Him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name."

We need to stop laying claim to our family's genetic problems, inheritable sicknesses, dysfunctional behavior, disorders, hang-ups, curses, or any other negative thing that was a part of our life before Christ.

That old person no longer exists. "If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away behold all things are become new" (2 Corinthians 5:17). The Greek word for "new" describes something that is brand new or recently made. It also carries the idea of something that is superior.

John 1:12 reveals that you received divine power the day you became a child of God. The Greek word for "power" describes a power that is explosive, dynamic, and full of phenomenal ability. That is the kind of power that came to live inside you the day you received Jesus Christ as your Savior!

Scripture Of The Day - Liberating The World

John 11:44 - "The man who had died came out, his hands and feet bound with linen strips, and his face wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them, 'Unbind him, and let him go.
'”

Lazarus had to be untangled before he was free to see, walk with, and touch Jesus again. Get free from everything that hinders your ability to hear, see, touch or walk with God.

It's time to come forth in resurrection power!

When we do remember and call Him, and He comes and acts, He does all the work, free of charge! Our part is only to call -- the Great Physician makes house calls and charges nothing. And yet we continually fail to call Him. Is this reasonable?

You are a part of a people God has produced to penetrate the veil of the ordinary. You are a golden, holy storehouse of God's potential. You have the life in you to liberate literally the entire world as you advance God's Kingdom in your Christ calling.

"..forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 3:14

Back