Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Daniel's 70th Week

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I probably said that wrong as I meant the Temple of God is within us as being a Spiritual Temple. The way I made it sound was like this fleshly body was the Temple of God. My bad!!!

Our body is the temple of God.

Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.
1 Corinthians 6:18-20

JLB

Our body is the temple of God.

Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.

JLB

Colossians 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory. 5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: 6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience

I'm not sure if Paul was referencing this sinful flesh when he said body as in Romans 7:18 he said nothing good lives in the flesh so how can the Temple of God dwell in the flesh. I believe the Temple of God dwells in our soul or in other words the Spiritual body.

The things we are to mortify are the parts of us that seek after worldly pleasures as it's the flesh/carnal mind which is enmity against God,

Romans 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

I'm not sure if Paul was referencing this sinful flesh when he said body as in Romans 7:18 he said nothing good lives in the flesh so how can the Temple of God dwell in the flesh

Yes Paul was referring to our physical body as being the temple of the Holy Spirit.

He emphasized that we should keep ourselves from immortality because our body is the temple of God.

JLB

Yes Paul was referring to our physical body as being the temple of the Holy Spirit.

He emphasized that we should keep ourselves from immortality because our body is the temple of God.

JLB

We are to mortify this flesh for we are dead to the sinful lust of the world as our life is hid with Christ in God. We need to be seeking the Spiritual things of God. Colossians chapter 3.

Where we are weak in the sinful flesh, we need to draw on the strength of the Holy Spirit that helps us with our infirmities of the flesh.

Reactions: JLB
Back