Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Date night

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I guess this is more of a poll type thing, but wanted to know how many of you married couples do a date night at least once a month.

We try to do it once a month. Maybe some things you guys have done in the past if you do them.

Yes, we try to do the date night thing pretty regularly primarily because if we don't - we rarely run into each other. Our lives are a bit busy in the winter. We also have a rule not to discuss finances are anything too difficult during that time so that we don't taint the time together.

Tris

Oh that is such a great idea, because we do that sometimes. We will start talking about our store and stuff like that. I think from now on that is going to be a rule of ours no business just pleasure.... :lol

My husband and I have several date nights a month, we just don't call them date nights. My husband is not fluent in English, so he wouldn't know what the word date meant anyway. I guess we just call it saliendo (going out) :)

Caroline and I try to go out every Friday night even if it's just to McDonalds or Wendy's. It's just nice to get out of the house for an evening. I'm sure we will not be able to go out so often in the future, especially if/when God blesses her and I with children, but it's great for now. :)

That is good. We had another date night last weekend. We just went to a Hibachi Grill place and had dinner there with another couple that we haven't got to hang out with much in the past few months. So it was nice. We have dinner plans this Friday night too with another couple. We always go out only with Christian couples though.

With 4 kids and one on the way. Date night for us is a MUST. It's hard to think that this will be our last one, but after 3 girls and 2 boys I think we will be done. I love my kids and we do things with them each week. Like a movie night or game night. So it's not just about us, but we do let them know that me and him are priorities before the kids. After that the kids really started to respect my husband more.

Occassionally we break from the evening-tv-then-walk-the-dog-before-bed habit by playing some card games or other 2-can-play games (like Banagrams) after dinner.

We don't necessarily do date night, but we do get stir-crazy and will go bowling every so often. And we just made a couple friend and have been doing games night with them at least once a month.

So ultimately I suppose....yes, we do :biggrin

We do them occasionally. But we like to do more getaways than date night. It's more relaxing and we have total focus for each other, and for days at a time.

Back