Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Development of Doctrine

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
On judgement day, Jesus will say to those who never helped their neighbour, depart from me, for I never knew you. Those who did help their neighbour will enter in. (Not to be confused with salvation by works for those who can read the Bible.)

Yes, salvation is for all, and those who cannot read stand a better chance than those who can read and are swayed by the writings of false teachers.

Arius, opposed the Saviour of the world.
Well, I do agree with you.
Our life will determine our eternal fate...
IF we have faith in God.

We are secure in the arms of Jesus, provided we remain faithful.
It is all about context. People need to stop cherry-picking.

By the way, are you person I know as Aunty Jane?
I'm not Aunty Jane.
Hope she's a nice gal !

I agree with you Cooper, 100%

I disagree with the statement that If 2 persons are having a debate, one will be right and one will be wrong. It depends on the subject and if there is a clear answer. If my wife and I are having soup and she says that it's too hot and I say it isn't, which one of us is right? There is not always a clear, yes/no answer to many things.

Again, there are many things in Scripture that don't always have a clear yes/no answer. For example, regarding OSAS, what does "saved" mean in this case?
Actually Jaybo, the temperature of soup is not an opinion.
A thermometer will tell you if it's hot or not.
You may have an opinion as to HOW you like it, or your wife likes it...
but the temperature cannot be disputed.

Both ideas cannot be right. Either OSAS is true, or it's not.
If it's not those that think they could sin all they want to are in danger of their soul and eternal life.

What does saved mean?
This should be a thread.
We are saved from the evil one.
We are saved from the world paradigm.
We are saved from a sinful life that would hurt us.
We're saved from many things.

But what does this have to do with OSAS??

If it's not those that think they could sin all they want to are in danger of their soul and eternal life.

What does saved mean?
This should be a thread.

Actually, the sensation of the temperature of soup is an opinion. A thermometer will tell you the degree of farenheit or celsius, but the sensation of hot or cold depends on the person. OSAS is true or not depending on one's faith and/or understanding. Then you follwo your comment up with "If it's not those that think they could sin all they want to are in danger of their soul and eternal life" which is taking the discussion into extremism. "Sin all they want"? Give me a break!

What does "saved" have to do with OSAS? Well, in that acronym, the "S" appears twice. In both cases it manes "saved". Then you make the astonishing statement that...

Then ask what does once saved always saved have to do with your descriptions. EVERYTHING!

What does saved mean?
This should be a thread.

If the soup has come out of the same pan, it will be the same temperature for both, and with the KJV or similar, acting as the thermometer, this can soon be checked, Scripture by Scripture. Any deviation based on personal preference or faulty teaching can then be poured down the drain.

Actually, the sensation of the temperature of soup is an opinion. A thermometer will tell you the degree of farenheit or celsius, but the sensation of hot or cold depends on the person. OSAS is true or not depending on one's faith and/or understanding. Then you follwo your comment up with "If it's not those that think they could sin all they want to are in danger of their soul and eternal life" which is taking the discussion into extremism. "Sin all they want"? Give me a break!

What does "saved" have to do with OSAS? Well, in that acronym, the "S" appears twice. In both cases it manes "saved". Then you make the astonishing statement that...

Then ask what does once saved always saved have to do with your descriptions. EVERYTHING!
Jaybo, I don't understand what you're saying....

If a temperature is 250, it's 250. You're going to get burned no matter what your sensation is.
Your skin is going to burn.

Then you say...repeating me..."SIN ALL THEY WANT"....Give me a break.

Apparently you don't know much about the OSAS crowd.
Some are God-loving persons living the best they can.
Some will plainly state that they could sin all they want to because they "accepted" Jesus ONE TIME in their life and so they're saved forever because Jesus saves them NO MATTER WHAT.
Apparently, you've never heard Charles Stanley, a mainline Protestant, preach on OSAS.
Try it.

Then you say I make an ASTOUNDING statement by making a short list of what we are saved from.
What do YOU think we're saved from?

By the way, I don't post what I THINK, I post only what I've been taught by 2 different churches (denominations) and agreed upon by a 3rd except for one doctrine I cannot agree with.

We're not theologians, we cannot make up our own doctrine, but only agree with what is presented to us.

If the soup has come out of the same pan, it will be the same temperature for both, and with the KJV or similar, acting as the thermometer, this can soon be checked, Scripture by Scripture. Any deviation based on personal preference or faulty teaching can then be poured down the drain.
Agreed.
I never thought SOUP would be compared to teachings of the NT!
(I think I'm the one that started!)
:rolleyes

Jaybo, I don't understand what you're saying....

If a temperature is 250, it's 250. You're going to get burned no matter what your sensation is.
Your skin is going to burn.

Then you say...repeating me..."SIN ALL THEY WANT"....Give me a break.

Apparently you don't know much about the OSAS crowd.
Some are God-loving persons living the best they can.
Some will plainly state that they could sin all they want to because they "accepted" Jesus ONE TIME in their life and so they're saved forever because Jesus saves them NO MATTER WHAT.
Apparently, you've never heard Charles Stanley, a mainline Protestant, preach on OSAS.
Try it.

Then you say I make an ASTOUNDING statement by making a short list of what we are saved from.
What do YOU think we're saved from?

By the way, I don't post what I THINK, I post only what I've been taught by 2 different churches (denominations) and agreed upon by a 3rd except for one doctrine I cannot agree with.

We're not theologians, we cannot make up our own doctrine, but only agree with what is presented to us.

a) Hot is a sensation. What may be too hot for one person may be just right for another.

I don't care about the OSAS crowd. I care whether people have a living faith in Jesus Christ. That is all that is important. Debating Christianity online is a pastime only.

Back