Christian Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Christian Forum aspires to be an online community where Christians can come together in fellowship with the purpose to encourage, inspire and build up our faith in Christ Jesus. John 13:34-35
  • Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses

[__ Prayer __] diabetes

evenifigoalone

that furry Christian
From
ga
Christian
Yes
So I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes back in Feb 2020.
At first, I was doing well and my A1C went down by 2 points in the first three months. But maintaining it is proving hard and I'm very discouraged. My last A1C went back up to 7.6 and I'm now on two diabetes medications instead of one.
At this point I just feel like I'll probably have an early death. Uncontrolled diabetes is basically a very slow suicide.

Please don't give me advice, I'm already going to speak to a counselor about developing healthier habits and how to do that and maintain it. But prayers would be appreciated.

Hopeful

From
Arizona
At first, I was doing well and my A1C went down by 2 points in the first three months. But maintaining it is proving hard and I'm very discouraged. My last A1C went back up to 7.6 and I'm now on two diabetes medications instead of one.
At this point I just feel like I'll probably have an early death. Uncontrolled diabetes is basically a very slow suicide.

Please don't give me advice, I'm already going to speak to a counselor about developing healthier habits and how to do that and maintain it. But prayers would be appreciated.
I turned type-1 in 1986, and even though the doc's have done wonders for me,I really wish they had sent me to a nutritionist.
It took years on my own to learn how to eat !
THE most important thing, otherwise, is to keep meticulous records of your intakes and exercising.
Keep a log.
It helped me know ahead of time how much insulin I would need at Burger King and McDonalds !
Or, how many times around the block I would need to walk.

Oops. I think that may have been advice.
😟

Last edited:

Truthfrees

Staff member
From
following God

praying