Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] diabetes

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

evenifigoalone

Fare thee well, Felicia
2024 Supporter
So I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes back in Feb 2020.
At first, I was doing well and my A1C went down by 2 points in the first three months. But maintaining it is proving hard and I'm very discouraged. My last A1C went back up to 7.6 and I'm now on two diabetes medications instead of one.
At this point I just feel like I'll probably have an early death. Uncontrolled diabetes is basically a very slow suicide.

Please don't give me advice, I'm already going to speak to a counselor about developing healthier habits and how to do that and maintain it. But prayers would be appreciated.

At first, I was doing well and my A1C went down by 2 points in the first three months. But maintaining it is proving hard and I'm very discouraged. My last A1C went back up to 7.6 and I'm now on two diabetes medications instead of one.
At this point I just feel like I'll probably have an early death. Uncontrolled diabetes is basically a very slow suicide.

Please don't give me advice, I'm already going to speak to a counselor about developing healthier habits and how to do that and maintain it. But prayers would be appreciated.
I turned type-1 in 1986, and even though the doc's have done wonders for me,I really wish they had sent me to a nutritionist.
It took years on my own to learn how to eat !
THE most important thing, otherwise, is to keep meticulous records of your intakes and exercising.
Keep a log.
It helped me know ahead of time how much insulin I would need at Burger King and McDonalds !
Or, how many times around the block I would need to walk.

Oops. I think that may have been advice.
?

Last edited:

praying

praying. i seriously think you should talk to psych doctor. if you currently take an 'atypical' antipsychotic, -some- of the older ones are actually supposedly surprisingly OK (at low doses), and they generally don't cause the metabolic madness that one sees with the atypicals.

my own psych briefly brought up amoxapine, and then a chemically related medication, loxapine. loxapine is an older drug that is kind of like an atypical -at low doses- (can't emphasize that enough, lol) and is now used in inhaler form for agitation (no, really...instead of injecting people, they get them to inhale a lil bit of loxapine...seems more humane, to me). amoxapine is an older antidepressant (tricyclic) that, once broken down by the body...is partly broken down into loxapine. a psych brought that up once, because its old and all, but the mix of depression drug and the loxapine apparently= a reputation for working quickly and working quite well in psychotic depression. and now you know... :)

Sooo, in the way of updates, I'll likely be going on insulin soon. :sorry The dr said it would be like a once-a-day dose, each night before bed, and it would cost me about $5.
It will all be decided by my next A1C.
Don't fear the needle !
I am so glad I finally went on it.
I weigh 155 now but before getting on insulin, (1986), my weight was 120.
Skin and bones.
I was eating myself to death.

I learned I could hunt around for a spot with no sensation before poking it in. Now, most of my shots I hardly feel.
Thanks be to God, as I shoot up 4 times a day.

Back