Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Did Mary consent to our salvation?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Those that commit sin don't believe in Him.
If they did, their fear would preclude any more sinning.
1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Jn 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

1 John 1:8
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Luke 17:4
And if he trespass against thee seventimes in a day, and seven times in aday turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

Prov 24:16 For a just man falleth (sins) seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.

Not exempt, but equipt to resist every temptation to commit sin.
Don't you love God enough to say "NO" to every temptation ?
Requires suffering (works)

Hebrews 12:4
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

It is written..."And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these." (Mark 12:31)
Not the two great commandments but the 2nd commandment of the Ten Commandments

Why would you assume a throne includes worship?

Honor of Mary!

Christ shares His glory with His saints.

Jn 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

Rom 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, (Lk1:45)

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Romans 8:30
Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

2 Thessalonians 1:10
When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

1 pet 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

Rom 13:7 honor Mary!

Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

Lk 1:48 “all generations (Christians) shall call me blessed”!

If a man Honors his wife, and asks her to help him, and is Devoted to her, and gives her Veneration he MUST be worshipping her including adoration! Right?

Praise of Mary and the saints redounds to the glory of God and Christ, cos Mary and the saints are what God made them, it is His handiwork (Lk 1:49 Lk 1:28) and the graces they have received come from the merits of Christ’s passion and death. Jesus Christ is the source of all grace! Jn 1:16-17

Likewise an Attack on Mary and the saints, or the authority of the apostles or the apostolic church or the truths and doctrines revealed by Christ and taught by His one, holy, catholic & apostolic church is an attack on God and on Christ! And His teaching authority in the church by the successors of the apostles!
Acts 9:4 Eph 5:32

2 Thessalonians 1:10
When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

————

Worship of Mary?

Mary is not God!
Mary is not a goddess!
Mary is not an idol!
Mary is not an object of worship!

Only God may be lawfully worshipped!

Worship requires intent
& consent!

Worship includes;

Offering of sacrifice:
Adoration:
Propitiatory reparation:
Petition / prayer
Thanksgiving

Prayer alone is not worship!
Thanksgiving alone is not worship!
Honor is not worship!
Veneration is not worship!
Love / devotion / dedication is not worship!

It’s not idolatry!
Mary is not an idol or a goddess!

We also pray God in the name of Jesus to crush all idols, and to destroy idolatry forever!

The church has always opposed idolatry!
That is way to much labor to raise a woman to equality with Jesus.
If your church opposed idolatry, why is there a relic in the alter ?

Not the two great commandments but the 2nd commandment of the Ten Commandments
Won't Jesus' two cover just about anything in the ten commandments ?
Your "church" seems so intent on copying the OT's dynamics that all sorts of innocuous OT commands are made to apply to you.

Christians have a union, or affiliation with each other heb 2:17 so a family man with wife and children should have St Joseph as patron to both intercede for him and as an example of Godly virtures
If St Joseph is dead, you are promoting necromancy, which is a sin.

Heb 12:1-3 cloud of witnesses
Live witnesses. Not dead ones.
Rom 12:5 one body
Yup. One body of LIVE believers. The dead know nothing.

1 cor 12:15 one body care for each other
Can only do that when you are ALIVE.

1 cor 12:27 members
Live members.

Eph 4:16 edifying the body
This doesn't confirm catholic exaggeration of saints.

Col 2:19 one body
Neither does this.

in the line of David the king the queen intercedes for the people
The queen is the kings mother
There is no evidence of Mary "queen" anywhere. All you have done is make ambiguous, vague, and grossly INACCURATE connections.
It is 100% illogical and circular reasoning to believe your lofty exaggerations of Mary. Let her rest, stop trying to elevate her. As a Biblical Christian, I'd rather have Mary stay Mary. Not exaggerate her blessing, which is what you do.

1 kings 2:19
Thks
Now you are talking about the Old Testament.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
If you really repent and confess your past sins, you will be able to walk in the light...which is God.
And you will be able to say you have fellowship with God and that you have no sin.
Sinners can't say either.
Sins repeated day after day, or year after year, have not been repented of at all.

Your "church" seems so intent on copying the OT's dynamics that all sorts of innocuous OT commands are made to apply to you.
Catholic tactics to support unBiblical beliefs:
1. Make vague connections.
2. Use tons of non sequiturs and circular reasoning.

That is way to much labor to raise a woman to equality with Jesus.
If your church opposed idolatry, why is there a relic in the alter ?
Did not raise her to equality with Jesus !
Jesus is eternal uncreated God the source of all good grace and truth

Mary is the means God used to bring the grace of salvation to us!
Lk 1:28 full of grace / blessed
Lk 1:30 found our salvation
Lk 1:43 mother of God
Lk 1:45 faithful
Lk 1:49 immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus

Relic to honor the saints and martyrs who died for Christ not to worship them

Honor, prayer, devotion, and veneration are not adoration or worship

Once and for all the 1st commandment

Only God may be worshipped!

No I just want to show that scripture does not list the Ten Commandments so fundamentalists can stop saying idolatry is against the quote second commandment when really it’s the first

Ten Commandments

Ex 20

Scripture has no list (1, 2, 3, etc.) of the Ten Commandments

According to subject matter or context:

First commandment: ex 20:2-6
One God

Second commandment: ex 20:7
God’s name

Third commandment: ex 20:8-11
God’s original sabbath

Fourth commandment: ex 20:12
Parents

Fifth commandment: ex 20:13
Murder

Sixth commandment: ex 20:14
Adultery

Seventh commandment: ex 20:15
Theft

Eighth commandment: ex 20:16
Lying

Ninth commandment: ex 20:17
Coveting

Separating the two about coveting makes sense!

Ninth: Thou shalt not covet Thy neighbors goods.

Tenth: Thou shalt not covet Thy neighbor’s wife.

As the authority of Christ in the church teaches!

He probably did as a child.
You should really stop glorifying a woman at the expense of the Son of God.
He is still her son

In the line of David the king the mother of the queen is king sits at his right hand a position of authority and intercedes with the king for the people

Lk 1:32-33 Jesus king in this line and a greater than solomon

1 kings 2: 17 And he said, Speak, I pray thee, unto Solomon the king, (for he will not say thee nay,) that he give me Abishag the Shunammite to wife.

18 And Bathsheba said, Well; I will speak for thee unto the king. (Intercession)

19 Bathsheba therefore went unto king Solomon, to speak unto him for Adonijah. And the king rose up to meet her, and bowed himself unto her, and sat down on his throne, and caused a seat to be set for the king's mother; and she sat on his right hand.

20 Then she said, I desire one small petition of thee; I pray thee, say me not nay. And the king said unto her, Ask on, my mother: for I will not say thee nay.

Esther also interceded with the king for the salvation of her people

Blessing from God thru Mary!

All graces come to us thru Mary, from God by the merits (blood) of Christ!
Jn 1:16
Of His fullness we have all received, grace for grace!

And Jesus Christ the source of all grace came thru Mary!

Found our Salvation Lk 1:30
Consented to our salvation Lk 1:38
Mother of Christ Matt 1:16
Mother of the word Jn 1:1
Mother of our savior Matt 1:21
Mother of our salvation Lk 2:30
Our mother Jn 19:26-27

By Mary’s intercession Christ is presented to be worshipped by the angels, shepherds, and the kings at the stable! Cos Mary found the grace of our salvation! Lk 1:30

Elizabeth filled with the Holy Spirit!

Lk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

John sanctified in the womb!

Lk 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Lk 1:44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Zacharias is filled with the Holy Spirit and prophecy!

Lk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

The wedding couple have wine and not shame!

Jn 2: 10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

The disciples are supplied with faith, hope, and charity!

11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Mary found this grace! Lk 1:30
Mary believed for us! Lk 1:45
Mother of our salvation! Lk 2:30

All these blessings from God because of Mary most holy!

Mother of divine grace!

Mary is the divine treasury the Throne of grace! Heb 4:16

Biblical principle!

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation!

If you really repent and confess your past sins, you will be able to walk in the light...which is God.
And you will be able to say you have fellowship with God and that you have no sin.
Sinners can't say either.
Sins repeated day after day, or year after year, have not been repented of at all.
Are pride, presumption, and arrogance sins?

What has that got to do with my post ?

Is that some commentary on my new life ?

Amen.
Those who do not resist, have not submitted themselves to God.
Are Christians required to suffer even called to suffer for Christ and his sake?

Back