Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Did The Father "Give" Life to Jesus Christ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
So you reject His reasoning? "but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, 23 that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father"
In regard to authority given, as from God to His Son, the Father is greater in authority only in respect to His own throne.
What is such a Son called? Christ the Lord. As in One God the Father and one Lord Jesus Christ.

Willing or unwilling all will bow down to God's Son who is also God's Christ the Lord by God's expressed will and command.
Therefore, God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Answer this. HOW can Jesus Christ, if He is not 100% COEQUAL with the Father, say that He MUST be Honoured in EXACTLY THE SAME WAY that the Father is?

This will be blasphemy for anyone who is in any way less than YHWH

You don't seem to understand the powerful words of Jesus Christ in this verse

Answer this. HOW can Jesus Christ, if He is not 100% COEQUAL with the Father, say that He MUST be Honoured in EXACTLY THE SAME WAY that the Father is?
He said He was appointed as judge so that all may honor Him as one honors the Father. I didn't read anything about coequal in being as that is something "you" are inserting into the text. As stated Jesus is Christ the Lord.
One God the Father and one Lord Jesus Christ is the honor given.

This will be blasphemy for anyone who is in any way less than YHWH
Its the will and command of the Father and is therefore lawful. The lamb of God was found worthy of honor, power and glory as I read in Rev.
You don't seem to understand the powerful words of Jesus Christ in this verse
I understand what "He" stated.

It does not agree with the Old Testament. I will say it again: The Catholics changed the scriptures. Only Yahwah is a True God.
IT HAS COME TO OUR ATTENTION THAT YOU ARE LINKING TO ANOTHER FORUM.
PLEASE STOP DOING THIS.
A THREAD BAN WILL BE IMPOSED IF THIS IS DONE AGAIN.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST IN THIS THREAD.
USE TALK WITH STAFF IF NECESSARY.

DO NOT ADDRESS A MODERATOR IN AN OPEN THREAD.
DOING SO IS CAUSE FOR AN IMMEDIATE BAN.

He said He was appointed as judge so that all may honor Him as one honors the Father. I didn't read anything about coequal in being as that is something "you" are inserting into the text. As stated Jesus is Christ the Lord.
One God the Father and one Lord Jesus Christ is the honor given.

Its the will and command of the Father and is therefore lawful. The lamb of God was found worthy of honor, power and glory as I read in Rev.

I understand what "He" stated.

you don't seem to understand exactly what Jesus is saying in this passage. In verse 22 He says

"For not even the Father judges anyone, but He has given all judgment to the Son"

This means very simply, that it is Jesus Christ, and not God the Father, Who is the Ultimate Judge of all humans.

When Paul says in Romans 14:10, "But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you regard your brother with contempt? For we will all stand before the Judgment seat of God". This can only mean before Jesus Christ, Who is the ONLY Judge as is clear from John 5:22. In fact, in Romans 14:9, it is also clear that Paul means Jesus Christ is The God in verse 14, as he says, "For to this end Christ died and lived again, that He might be Lord both of the dead and of the living", which leads to "The Judgement Seat of God", Who is Jesus Christ!

When we read in Revelation 20:11, "Then I saw a Great White Throne and Him who sat upon it, from Whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them". This is Jesus Christ!

Clear Bible evidence that Jesus Christ IS YHWH!

IT HAS COME TO OUR ATTENTION THAT YOU ARE LINKING TO ANOTHER FORUM.
PLEASE STOP DOING THIS.
A THREAD BAN WILL BE IMPOSED IF THIS IS DONE AGAIN.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST IN THIS THREAD.
USE TALK WITH STAFF IF NECESSARY.

DO NOT ADDRESS A MODERATOR IN AN OPEN THREAD.
DOING SO IS CAUSE FOR AN IMMEDIATE BAN.
Thank you for letting me know. Good bye.

you don't seem to understand exactly what Jesus is saying in this passage. In verse 22 He says

"For not even the Father judges anyone, but He has given all judgment to the Son"

This means very simply, that it is Jesus Christ, and not God the Father, Who is the Ultimate Judge of all humans.

When Paul says in Romans 14:10, "But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you regard your brother with contempt? For we will all stand before the Judgment seat of God". This can only mean before Jesus Christ, Who is the ONLY Judge as is clear from John 5:22. In fact, in Romans 14:9, it is also clear that Paul means Jesus Christ is The God in verse 14, as he says, "For to this end Christ died and lived again, that He might be Lord both of the dead and of the living", which leads to "The Judgement Seat of God", Who is Jesus Christ!

When we read in Revelation 20:11, "Then I saw a Great White Throne and Him who sat upon it, from Whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them". This is Jesus Christ!

Clear Bible evidence that Jesus Christ IS YHWH!
Jesus received His authority from the Father as He stated. At that judgement is not the Son of Man on earth?

Last edited:

Did The Father "Give" Life to Jesus Christ​

I believe you Lord.
Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

I believe you Lord.
Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.
We live anyway.
Surely Jesus meant something different

Jesus received His authority from the Father as He stated. At that judgement is not the Son of Man on earth?

This "receiving" of Authority from the Father, is because of the Incarnation, when Jesus, Who is Eternally YHWH, for our sake, took upon Himself the Very Nature of Humans, and became "obedient" (lowered Himself), to the Father, while on earth. This is clear in John 17:5; Philippians 2:5-11, Hebrews 2:7-9, etc

When Jesus says "I and the Father, we are One" (John 10:30), He means "Essentially One", as their POWER is the SAME, which is clear from verses 28-29. To have the SAME POWER as the Father, is to be COEQUAL with Him! This is also clear in John 5:23, and elsewhere.

I believe you Lord.

In Acts 3:15, Jesus Christ is called "The AUTHOR of Life", which means that He is The SOURCE, so how can the Father "give" Jesus Life?

Jesus is also YHWH in the Bible, which basically means "eternal existence"!

We live anyway.
Surely Jesus meant something different
He not talking about life in the flesh in that I agree. But He lives by the Father just as we live by Him. Thats clearly stated.

I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one

The Father is in the Son and the Son is in the Father. Just as Jesus is in us and we in Him.

Col 1:19 -From the will of another. It remains the Fathers Deity. And it's "In Him" not Him.

Can we know where the final judgement will be?
Well do you believe the resurrection of the unrighteous are raised to the earth?
I still see the one on that throne as the Father anyway.
Has Jesus ever used such language?
The one who conquers will have this heritage, and I will be his God and he will be my son.

The distinction is stated throughout REV
for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb.

In Acts 3:15, Jesus Christ is called "The AUTHOR of Life", which means that He is The SOURCE, so how can the Father "give" Jesus Life?

Jesus is also YHWH in the Bible, which basically means "eternal existence"!
Jesus stated what He stated as stated truth.

But you ignore what doesn't hold to your creed.

For just as The Father has The Life in himself, so he has given also to The Son to have The Life in himself

Jesus stated what He stated as stated truth.

But you ignore what doesn't hold to your creed.

For just as The Father has The Life in himself, so he has given also to The Son to have The Life in himself

Do you even understand what Jesus says here?

Read the OP again, here is a quote from it

Note the two almost exact phrases, “ἔχει ζωὴν ἐν ἑαυτῷ”, and “ζωὴν ἔχειν ἐν ἑαυτῷ”, the only difference is the grammar. In both places the meaning is the same, “has Life in Himself”, this is another way of saying, “self-existing”, not “independent existence”, but that neither the Father, nor the Son, depends on the Other for their very existence.

There is NO WAY, that as God, that the Father could have "given" Life to Jesus Christ, because they BOTH are described in exactly the SAME way, with the SAME language!

The Amplified Bible best describes the Greek here, in both places, for the Father and Jesus Christ, it reads

"life in Himself and is self-existent"

As Someone Who is SELF-EXISTENT, HOW can the Father GIVE Life to Jesus in the Eternal Godhead?

You will not accept the TRUTH, because it DESTROYS your beliefs!

This "receiving" of Authority from the Father, is because of the Incarnation, when Jesus, Who is Eternally YHWH, for our sake, took upon Himself the Very Nature of Humans, and became "obedient" (lowered Himself), to the Father, while on earth. This is clear in John 17:5; Philippians 2:5-11, Hebrews 2:7-9, etc

When Jesus says "I and the Father, we are One" (John 10:30), He means "Essentially One", as their POWER is the SAME, which is clear from verses 28-29. To have the SAME POWER as the Father, is to be COEQUAL with Him! This is also clear in John 5:23, and elsewhere.
Again to me God doesn't end nor does He change.

You believe the Logos ended became the Son and remained the Son. In this manner I agree with the Nicene creed -He has always been the Son.

Isn't this the glory He had with the Father before the world began? His God and Father or a lesser Glory.

Jesus stated the Father was greater than Him. If at any point the Son has the same power as the Father its because the Father is in Him not His own power as if God is just power.

I believe Jesus is all that the Father is.

I think perhaps you need to explain your creed to Jesus not me.

Instead, you go to great length to try and find a way of escape of the truths Jesus has stated. You clearly don't believe His words again His words. Or you wouldn't start threads to state otherwise.

I believe you Lord.
The Father is the only true God.
The Father is greater than Him.
He lives by the Father.

Again to me God doesn't end nor does He change.

You believe the Logos ended became the Son and remained the Son. In this manner I agree with the Nicene creed -He has always been the Son.

Isn't this the glory He had with the Father before the world began? His God and Father or a lesser Glory.

Jesus stated the Father was greater than Him. If at any point the Son has the same power as the Father its because the Father is in Him not His own power as if God is just power.

I believe Jesus is all that the Father is.

I think perhaps you need to explain your creed to Jesus not me.

Instead, you go to great length to try and find a way of escape of the truths Jesus has stated. You clearly don't believe His words again His words. Or you wouldn't start threads to state otherwise.

I believe you Lord.
The Father is the only true God.
The Father is greater than Him.
He lives by the Father.

John 1:1 and 18, is VERY CLEAR, The Father AND Jesus Christ are ALMIGHTY GOD!

Do you even understand what Jesus says here?

Read the OP again, here is a quote from it

Note the two almost exact phrases, “ἔχει ζωὴν ἐν ἑαυτῷ”, and “ζωὴν ἔχειν ἐν ἑαυτῷ”, the only difference is the grammar. In both places the meaning is the same, “has Life in Himself”, this is another way of saying, “self-existing”, not “independent existence”, but that neither the Father, nor the Son, depends on the Other for their very existence.

There is NO WAY, that as God, that the Father could have "given" Life to Jesus Christ, because they BOTH are described in exactly the SAME way, with the SAME language!

The Amplified Bible best describes the Greek here, in both places, for the Father and Jesus Christ, it reads

"life in Himself and is self-existent"

As Someone Who is SELF-EXISTENT, HOW can the Father GIVE Life to Jesus in the Eternal Godhead?

You will not accept the TRUTH, because it DESTROYS your beliefs!
Yes I understand as Jesus lives by the Father I live by Him.
He has that authority and ability from the Father.

For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself.

To give life is a judgment made is it not?

Yes I understand as Jesus lives by the Father I live by Him.
He has that authority and ability from the Father.

For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself.

To give life is a judgment made is it not?

you just don't want to admit the FACTS of the Bible, and ramble on about your nonsense!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back