Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Did The Flood Cause A Continental Drift

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You should be aware that AiG's Statement of Faith, Article 4.6 states that

By definition, no apparent, perceived or claimed evidence in any field, including history and chronology, can be valid if it contradicts the scriptural record. Of primary importance is the fact that evidence is always subject to interpretation by fallible people who do not possess all information.

In other words, AiG as a matter of principle will ignore or deny any evidence that contradicts its particular theologically derived-view of Earth's history. The article you reference at best pays lip-service to the environmental consequences of the thermal effects of the kinds of phenomena proposed in the time-scale involved. Absent miraculous intervention, these would have been sufficient to render Earth unable to support life now, never mind 4,000 years ago. If miraculous supernatural intervention is required to 'explain' aspects of an event, then it becomes a rather pointless exercise to engage in the search for naturally-occurring evidence that supports that event occurring as postulated.

In other words, . . . they ALWAYS will win. Evidence that runs contrary to their religious beliefs will be "their misunderstanding of events, since they are blinded by the world and are not open to spiritual discernment". I don't mean that derogatively. This is what they are saying. The Truth is easy to see. It is easy to show how a global flood never took place, and definitely not ~ 4,000 years ago. There is little point in offering up actual evidence to such as these. You're wasting your time.

LK and D,

At least they are honest and up front. In other words, you know where they stand.

But what I find ironic, is how you both despise them, and Christians who stand in faith of what the Bible Teaches and mock the very God who created you.

LK, I've seen your style in how you respond, and it's smoke and mirrors and redirection twisting the words of others to fit your agenda. Honestly, I don't have any desire to engage conversations with you. Your issue is clearly with Christianity, and those who follow Christianity. I'd be an idiot to argue any further with you. Like duh, let me put my finger in that electrical outlet... yeah, that's invigorating. :help

D, your not much better in my opinion, though your a bit more honest.

I can almost feel the despise...

barb, the verse 2 peter 3:10 alludes to a global flood and the whole earth is melt in judgment.

so either isreal gets burned up alone and the new heavens and new earth is for only the levant and salvation is only for the jews and those in that land.

if the earth is only isreal and has righteonous after said fire what of the rest of man and the earth? the connation is the earth was judged and that all christian should remember that the day of the lord is nigh.

so i guess we americans can sin all we want god aint gonna judge us sinner on the dotl.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back