Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Different cultures

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Britney

Is it okay for us to like and participate in different cultures even when those cultures participate in idolatry like the Japanese? Meaning food, dress, art, language, and vacationing in their countries. I ask this because although I am also interested in knowing the answer for all cultures, I became interested in Japanese culture and language when I was a teenager because of anime and although I don't really watch anime anymore because most of it is not that morally good, I still have an affection for some Asian cultures.

No church is godly. It's full of sinners. That's what the church is, it's full of sinners who are learning. If the church was for the righteous only then it would be empty.
The church is empty, as you have confessed the church disobeys Gods command to put away the wicked person from themselves..

1 Corinthians 5:9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

We aren’t in Heaven so freedom counts.

Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Ephesians 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Philippians 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

One meets different manners of blindness here. Some think they are faithful to the Bible by quoting pages of scriptures. (Not meaning you gordon777 in particular. You quote a lot but aren’t the champion of gish.) It’s clear to others they don’t understand it nor live it. These are difficult to talk with as they have few of their own thoughts which shows the Word isn’t incorporated into their choices. As such they cannot exchange thoughts ABOUT the Word. It’s not a part of their thinking, just their defense.

Paul tried to destroy the church.

There are wise elders here who will have there say and people can take there advice or leave it.

I'm still on milk an got issues but some people are solid. There is Leaders on the forum who give solid scriptual opinions.

Paul was a chosen vessel to prove the blessing of Jesus Christ..

Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

Galatians 1:23 But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.
24 And they glorified God in me.

Strong meat belongs to those who can discern good and evil( if we cant we are on very little)

Hebrews 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Ephesians 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Philippians 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
An example of what I meant. Men in prison can quote these verses but it sounds quite different and means something different.

If you were free you would be able to do more than merely quote others.

One meets different manners of blindness here. Some think they are faithful to the Bible by quoting pages of scriptures. (Not meaning you gordon777 in particular. You quote a lot but aren’t the champion of gish.) It’s clear to others they don’t understand it nor live it. These are difficult to talk with as they have few of their own thoughts which shows the Word isn’t incorporated into their choices. As such they cannot exchange thoughts ABOUT the Word. It’s not a part of their thinking, just their defense.
You decided on the other thread to not communicate any longer ( with me as you did not appreciate the many verses that were answered your way)

Now are using the same excuse, to not hear the scriptures, yet are continuing to state your own words( when you confirmed you will not communicate further with me)

James 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

James 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

An example of what I meant. Men in prison can quote these verses but it sounds quite different and means something different.

If you were free you would be able to do more than merely quote others.
Acts 28:20 For this cause therefore have I called for you, to see you, and to speak with you: because that for the hope of Israel I am bound with this chain.

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

2 Timothy 1:8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

Acts 28:20 For this cause therefore have I called for you, to see you, and to speak with you: because that for the hope of Israel I am bound with this chain.

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

2 Timothy 1:8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;
Google is certainly your friend.

The church is empty, as you have confessed the church disobeys Gods command to put away the wicked person from themselves..

1 Corinthians 5:9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

If you understood what I was saying , how is anyone suppose to hear the gospel if only righteous people are allowed in a church?.

Is that not what Pastors and churches do?. Welcome evwryone to the church to hear the gospel?. If the church was for the righteous only would it not be empty?.

Someone lost wants to go to church and ask some questions and learn about Christ and gets denied entry because they not holy and righteous enough to hear the gospel or ask questions and learn about Christ.

Last edited:
You decided on the other thread to not communicate any longer ( with me as you did not appreciate the many verses that were answered your way)
That’s not what I said.
Now are using the same excuse, to not hear the scriptures, yet are continuing to state your own words( when you confirmed you will not communicate further with me)
(Laughing) You understood little of what I wrote and yet think you can stand on it. You quote the Bible by doing a search and think you’re saying something. You show is that you can quote others without understanding what they meant.
James 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

James 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
More examples of you quoting without understanding.

"Google is certainly your friend."

John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

2 Timothy 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Someone lost wants to go to church and ask some questions and learn about Christ and gets denied entry because they not holy and righteous to hear the gospel or ask questions and learn about Christ.
Many are called,,few chosen, few find the narrow path( how can the world church of sinners not be empty of the righteous)

We learn of Christ not from those deceivers( in churches)

Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Acts 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

1 John 2:26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

That’s not what I said.

(Laughing) You understood little of what I wrote and yet think you can stand on it. You quote the Bible by doing a search and think you’re saying something. You show is that you can quote others without understanding what they meant.

More examples of you quoting without understanding.
Dorothy Mae: "Dear Bro Gordon,

I’m glad the scriptures are so important to you. I think it will be difficult to communicate to you what I mean so let’s leave it at this point."

As I reminded you, you just had written that to me on the other thread, and now expect me to understand you on another thread ?

Keep to your words, stop being so unstable please.

Cultures make no differences in anything, we have the Spirit of truth, ( of Jesus Christ) or the spirit of error ( of the wicked and devil)

2 Peter 3:17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

1 John 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

And with social media and forums and all that it's a bit different because everyone can have there say and give an opinion, it's just open discussion and not everyone will agree on everything yet everyone can have there say.

If you believe what you have said is the best for the church then you should be happy with that. You have had your say and kept your peace. Your not going to please everyone. I respect you and your opinion.

And with social media and forums and all that it's a bit different because everyone can have there say and give an opinion, it's just open honest discussion and not everyone will agree on everything yet everyone can have there say.

If you believe what you have said is the best for the church then you should be happy with that. You have had your say and kept your peace. Your not going to please everyone. I respect you and your opinion.

God i not a respector of persons, and we are to be of the one same mind of Christ.

Stife ( differences of opinion) is of the devil.

Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

it's just open discussion and not everyone will agree on everything yet everyone can have there say.
There is no honesty in debate, and in disputes, it is perverse and it is wicked, ( commanded to be withdrawn from them) and it is because of no belief in Jesus Christ( or they would hear the word of Christ shared to them and believe them and act upon them immediately, not refuse and reject them constantly, but scorners hear not rebuke.)

1 Timothy 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

Romans 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

2 Corinthians 12:20 For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults:

Now all that remains is to go and love in deed and truth, not in word or tongue ( or text)

1 John 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

God i not a respector of persons, and we are to be of the one same mind of Christ.

Stife ( differences of opinion) is of the devil.

Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized itme of Paul.
God doesnt need to respect man because he's God. But people are called to honour each other, that's the same as respect.

Respect doesn't mean agree or a sign of weakness or folding. e. In my belief it just means keeping the peace. Allowing people to live there life without forcing anything on them. You don't force beliefs on others. No where in the scriptures is Christ forced on others or Jesus forced others to follow or worship him. It's a choice. People believe it or reject it.

Last edited:
Back