Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Different cultures

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Britney

Is it okay for us to like and participate in different cultures even when those cultures participate in idolatry like the Japanese? Meaning food, dress, art, language, and vacationing in their countries. I ask this because although I am also interested in knowing the answer for all cultures, I became interested in Japanese culture and language when I was a teenager because of anime and although I don't really watch anime anymore because most of it is not that morally good, I still have an affection for some Asian cultures.

The church is empty, as you have confessed the church disobeys Gods command to put away the wicked person from themselves..

1 Corinthians 5:9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Your quoting Paul who is speaking to the church elders. He is telling the church elders that if anyone in authority is being crooked to boot them out if they being a drunkard or worshipping idols with Christ . Things like that. Paul is trying to keep all those in the church authority positions sound. To set a good example.

The letters Paul wrote are to those in positions of authority within the church. He didn't write the letters for everyone who goes to church to read. His letters are directed.

Last edited:
Dorothy Mae: "Dear Bro Gordon,

I’m glad the scriptures are so important to you. I think it will be difficult to communicate to you what I mean so let’s leave it at this point."

As I reminded you, you just had written that to me on the other thread, and now expect me to understand you on another thread ?

Keep to your words, stop being so unstable please.
Where did I say that I am not talking to you ever? Agsin you read into my sentence what I did not say. You do not understand the difference between living a conceit in scripture so that you can formulate it in your own words and merely quoting it. This concept cannot be communicated to you such that you understand it. That is the subject I dropped, not communication forever.

There is no different culture to God, there is wicked and righteous, belief in the rising of Jesus Christ ( so we stop idolatry/coveting) or no belief and worshipping of what everybody wants instead on this earth.

Inn your opinion , what is a ' christian culture?'

Is a Christian to ,earn nothing about other cultures?
Paul was educated to know pagan poetry and philosophy he spo,e more than one language, in this was he being disobedient.

It is I teresti g to tni k that thefirstChristian culture was nothing like the westsculture, they were middle eastern Arabs, Jews, Greeks etc a d how they lived was how there community lived.

God doesnt need to respect man because he's God. But people are called to honour each other, that's the same as respect.

Respect doesn't mean agree or a sign of weakness or folding. e. In my belief it just means keeping the peace. Allowing people to live there life without forcing anything on them. You don't force beliefs on others. No where in the scriptures is Christ forced on others or Jesus forced others to follow or worship him. It's a choice. People believe it or reject it.

Go wants man to be one with Him in Spirit, and as you confess that God does not respect man, man also is required to not respect man.

Honouring each other, is done the same as God honours man, which is to rebuke when man says or does the wrong thing. ( to not rebuke someone, is false respect, and is is then respect of persons.)

Proverbs 24:23 These things also belong to the wise. It is not good to have respect of persons in judgment.
24 He that saith unto the wicked, Thou are righteous; him shall the people curse, nations shall abhor him:
25 But to them that rebuke him shall be delight, and a good blessing shall come upon them.

Jesus did not come to keep the peace, but a sword, and to set even our households against each other, if we do not respect persons that is.

Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Inn your opinion , what is a ' christian culture?'

Is a Christian to ,earn nothing about other cultures?
Paul was educated to know pagan poetry and philosophy he spo,e more than one language, in this was he being disobedient.

It is I teresti g to tni k that thefirstChristian culture was nothing like the westsculture, they were middle eastern Arabs, Jews, Greeks etc a d how they lived was how there community lived.

Paul's education in the world, was what was creating his persecution of the Christians, and of Christ, until Jesus changed that and Paul was then taught of the revelation of Jesus Christ( then no longer taught by man or this world)

Acts 9:4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

Acts 22:7 And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

Acts 26:14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Galatians 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:
14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.
15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Where did I say that I am not talking to you ever? Agsin you read into my sentence what I did not say. You do not understand the difference between living a conceit in scripture so that you can formulate it in your own words and merely quoting it. This concept cannot be communicated to you such that you understand it. That is the subject I dropped, not communication forever.

The fact you stated I cannot understand you, and that was why you left off a conversation.

If you want to continue talking with peeps you say cant understand you, continue, with me it makes no sense to me, and no wonder you say I cant understand you, how could I.

The fact you stated I cannot understand you, and that was why you left off a conversation.
That concept was beyond you and so I left it. Doesn't mean ALL conversation. Again, you did not even understand the concept of ending ONE THREAD but thought it meant all.
If you want to continue talking with peeps you say cant understand you, continue, with me it makes no sense to me, and no wonder you say I cant understand you, how could I.
Well, others understand. But there are likely other concepts you are able to understand.

That concept was beyond you and so I left it. Doesn't mean ALL conversation. Again, you did not even understand the concept of ending ONE THREAD but thought it meant all.

Well, others understand. But there are likely other concepts you are able to understand.

Of course it means if we cant understand the same, and all together, we have zero in common.

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

1 Corinthians 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Where is not dangerous?. I mean most countries and cities have there risks attached. That's just the world and how it is. Always have to be vigilant especially travelling to any foreign country you don't know or have lived. Every country always likes to promote itself as safe and great to get tourism but only locals know how it really rolls. People do get manipulated and taken advantage of. You have to stand your ground, you have to wise, you have to study and know where to go and where not to go, I mean you on someone else's turf and things are different.

You always have to keep yourself as safe as possible.
You don't have to lock doors even in America in a county I go to.

Of course it means if we cant understand the same, and all together, we have zero in common.

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

1 Corinthians 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Again, just because one concept is difficult doesn’t mean two people don’t understand anything from each other.

Paul's education in the world, was what was creating his persecution of the Christians,

You have not answered the question.
What is a Christian culture?

The early church was formed by people who lived in the middle east, there way of life was vey different to ours today.
It could be argued that we today do not live according to Christian cultural norms.

You have not answered the question.
What is a Christian culture?

The early church was formed by people who lived in the middle east, there way of life was vey different to ours today.
It could be argued that we today do not live according to Christian cultural norms.
A christian culture is likely how people interact in Heaven. Bits and pieces might be here in some places and some people.

Back