Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Dislike for popular church music

One detail of prophecy in a sermon that the pastor omits isn't a faux pas at all. We are teachers as well. It was a good thing that you had a heart for someone who needed to know something and you taught him. Isn't that discernment in action? It isn't all the pastor's job to be the be-all and end-all of scriptural education. That is our job as well. The pulpit-centric church is ineffective. We are to be partners with our pastors in leadership in the Body of Christ.

Last edited by a moderator:
One detail of prophecy in a sermon that the pastor omits isn't a faux pas at all. We are teachers as well. It was a good thing that you had a heart for someone who needed to know something and you taught him. Isn't that discernment in action? It isn't all the pastors job to be the be-all and end-all of scriptural education. That is our job as well. The pulpit-centric church is ineffective. We are to be partners with our pastors in leadership in the Body of Christ.

i know that pastors are human, but thats the thing. if i being a non-believer of these things want to where these things are in the bible and i was skeptical!
the trinity
the return of isreal as a nation prophetically
the pre-trib rapture.
and the idea that all men go to heaven and stay(this is still with me as we all go there but the new jersusalem descends to earth and no pastor showed me that i read that for myself.)

it was like pulling teeth at some churches to the get the info on that.

the holy spirit showed and told me where the trinity was supported

only one verse was shown for the pre-trib by one pastor

and on isreal, i had to find it myself

i know that pastors are human, but thats the thing. if i being a non-believer of these things want to where these things are in the bible and i was skeptical!
the trinity
the return of isreal as a nation prophetically
the pre-trib rapture.
and the idea that all men go to heaven and stay(this is still with me as we all go there but the new jersusalem descends to earth and no pastor showed me that i read that for myself.)

it was like pulling teeth at some churches to the get the info on that.

the holy spirit showed and told me where the trinity was supported

only one verse was shown for the pre-trib by one pastor

and on isreal, i had to find it myself

That shows how eager you are, but it shouldn't be a criticism of any church or its leadership. If you want to know something and someone cannot tell you, then search the thing out. There is nothing written down anywhere that tells us our pastors are our only sources of truth...it's the word, and it is there for you.

let me correct myself.

i know that pastors arent the sole source of info, but when in general its just take my word or the sunday school teacher doesnt know the word.

what then?

that happened to me alot in my younger days.

yes i know that the pastor or leader may not know it all and i can accept that, but basic stuff?

i remember as a jw kid irritating a sunday school teacher about the 144,000 and i asked here where is it in the bible that we all go to heaven.

she was stating what heavan was like but didnt say how we all get there by salvation or where it says in revalation that the number of those beheaded and were like the grains of sand.

just got mad and said its there and we do.

is that right?

i was teaching the sunday school teacher somethings when i was a babe in christ.

sad in a sense that i as a newbie read the word more, and yes its happened to me.
i have been put to shame.

let me correct myself.

i know that pastors arent the sole source of info, but when in general its just take my word or the sunday school teacher doesnt know the word.

what then?

that happened to me alot in my younger days.

yes i know that the pastor or leader may not know it all and i can accept that, but basic stuff?

i remember as a jw kid irritating a sunday school teacher about the 144,000 and i asked here where is it in the bible that we all go to heaven.

she was stating what heavan was like but didnt say how we all get there by salvation or where it says in revalation that the number of those beheaded and were like the grains of sand.

just got mad and said its there and we do.

is that right?

i was teaching the sunday school teacher somethings when i was a babe in christ.

sad in a sense that i as a newbie read the word more, and yes its happened to me.
i have been put to shame.

LOL! Using a JW as an example is priceless!

May it just be that you are gifted in teaching? Ask God for patience with people in leadership. You could be in their shoes one day. In the meantime, you would make a great 'Timothy' for someone.

LOL! Using a JW as an example is priceless!

May it just be that you are gifted in teaching? Ask God for patience with people in leadership. You could be in their shoes one day. In the meantime, you would make a great 'Timothy' for someone.

that my flying friend from the north of u.s. border is what i'm called to do and i have taught sunday school to teens before.

dont confuse this critiscm with cynicism.
if i point at them more fingers point at me.

The topic is about Popular music during services. It isn't about Pentecostals nor is it about the Military. :salute

Sidenote: Pastors aren't teachers. They are two distinct offices in the church. Teachers are teachers but some men can hold both offices, meaning they are both a pastor and a teacher. :yes

The topic is about Popular music during services. It isn't about Pentecostals nor is it about the Military. :salute

Sidenote: Pastors aren't teachers. They are two distinct offices in the church. Teachers are teachers but some men can hold both offices, meaning they are both a pastor and a teacher. :yes

I still think even after all of these years, that you missed your calling!;)

--Elijah

PS: But I did hear you. We will see where Doc goes from here? (growth/wise)

I certainly understand what you are saying. I don't think that most praise and worship teams study the congregation to see if they are actually leading them into praise and worship. Much of the music is shallow and I think, "Surely God is more than this."

The main problem seems to be that most teams consits of musicians, as opposed to worshipers.

So, I think the term superficiality might describe most of it.

sadly many a church here that i attended and have attended dont have sunday school teach adults.

so to whom should i bug?

now then i dont like the overly loud music all the time.

Back