Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do we still have quality music today?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
There has been no music since 1977

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
relax, said the night man,
We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like,
But you can never leave!
Hotel California, 1977

Matchbox 20 - "Bright Lights"
She got out of town
On a railway New York bound
Took all except my name
Another alien on Broadway
There's some things in this world
You just can't change
Somethings you can't see
Until it gets too late
Baby, baby, baby
When all your love is gone
Who will save me
From all I'm up against out in this world
Maybe, maybe, maybe
You'll find something
That's enough to keep you
But if the bright lights don't receive you
You should turn yourself around
And come on home
I got a hole in me now
yeah,I got a scar I can talk about
She keeps a picture of me
In her apartment in the city
Some things in this world
Man, they don't make sense
Some things you don't need
Until they leave you
And they're things that you miss
Baby, baby, baby
Who will save me
From all I'm up against out in this world
Maybe, maybe, maybe
You'll find something
And come on home
Let that city take you in, come on home
Let that city spit you out, come on home
Let that city take you down, yeah
God's sake turn around
Baby, baby, baby
Who will save me
From all I'm up against in this world
Maybe, maybe, maybe
You'll find something
And come on home
Come on home
Baby, baby, baby
Come on home
Yeah, come on home
Yeah, come on home

A great lyric indeed!:thumbsup
:pepsi

Do we still have quality music today?

Well, define quality. :biggrin

[video=youtube;9muzyOd4Lh8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9muzyOd4Lh8[/video]

The interesting thing about this song is that Justin Hayward wrote some of the lyrics while in the bathroom. :lol

Watch it or I'll break out some "Scarlet Begonias"... Live :biggrin

Once in a while
you get shown the light
in the strangest of places
if you look at it right

;)​

I recently visited a studio where I met a little guy rehearsing his lyrics.

He was doing rap - and was trying to sound so 'modern'. I tried concealing my amusement. His voice sounded like the shrill notes of a mouse ran over by a car:lol

I didn't hear a word of what he said (it was next to a stutter). So after he went to rest I heard his programmer conversing with my friend: 'He's wasting his time here.'
Whatever!!!

If you aren't Tupac - you aren't Tupac

Yea theres not much to tune into nowadays.Precisely why I like the older country,but even then its riddled with cheatin and drinkin songs.

Tune back a little further to the 30s,40s,50s and you have some really good stuff if thats your thing.It seems as if people in general were just so much more positive and the content family-friendly.Its almost as if the music industry has rigged it to be the complete opposite sometimes. :o

Yea theres not much to tune into nowadays.Precisely why I like the older country,but even then its riddled with cheatin and drinkin songs.

Tune back a little further to the 30s,40s,50s and you have some really good stuff if thats your thing.It seems as if people in general were just so much more positive and the content family-friendly.Its almost as if the music industry has rigged it to be the complete opposite sometimes. :o

Music is a microcosm of society as a whole. We see the decay of society in all the arts (music, film, television), yet there IS good stuff out there. We'll find it if we look for it. As society seems to be divided more and more profoundly, one segment going in one direction & the rest is moving in another, we find our values set apart; or at least we should.

As with TV and film, there is good and bad. A lot of it comes down to preference, and it can be a generational thing. I suspect my kids will one day shake their heads and say, "Wow. Why don't they make good music like they did in the early part of the century? Back in my day...". :)

I suspect my kids will one day shake their heads and say, "Wow. Why don't they make good music like they did in the early part of the century? Back in my day...". :)

:lol
I see a progressive decline!
2000 - 2040: excellent, your kids would say
2045 - 2080: decay, They'd retort

i had to read your siggy a few times to get that right.:lol

its helpful it that was given in context and it was albeit you avatar of dont tread on me is a subtle way.

Coooooool stuff! Good blend! Good voice! Good instrumental accompaniment!

Well jazzified! Well seventhified!

:lol

Back