Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do you cook with gas ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Whats your save the planet social score today?. I was well behaved. I only drove a petroleum vehicle for like 10 mins, recycled a tin can, and I haven't used my gas cooker. But im not vaccinated so my travel may be limited.

I got a good score today. Past few days actually, lol. I havent even started my gas truck up in more than a week. I could use a few things from the store but I put it off because I have stuff in the pantry. I'll live. Easily. And besides it's been cold and wet and snow flurries and all that so I jus said hey, stay home.

Staying home saves money too.

Whats your save the planet social score today?. I was well behaved. I only drove a petroleum vehicle for like 10 mins, recycled a tin can, and I haven't used my gas cooker. But im not vaccinated so my travel may be limited.

This makes no sense, at least to me. What are you trying to say?

I stayed home all day, had eggs (cooked on a gas stove) and coffee for breakfast. I had nuts and coffee for lunch. I am vaccinated. So what is my save the planet social score today?

This is about employment status, not gasoline vs electric.

You quoted a post where I was referring to 77,000 diesels made before 2010 were forced off the roads because California made the vehicles illegal. Farmers rely on older equipment because they cannot afford newer machines.

You quoted a post where I was referring to 77,000 diesels made before 2010 were forced off the roads because California made the vehicles illegal. Farmers rely on older equipment because they cannot afford newer machines.
I asked you for the legislation and you linked me an article about trucker employment status.

Yet Tesla made quite a lot of sales in 2022. Even the used sales would also be sold out, why only new? The numbers doesn't make much sense here. If I was looking for an EV cost aside I'd opt for a 1-3 year used one instead of waiting months for a new one. Tesla prices dropped as well.

Is Tesla a stove? The subject of the OP is "do you cook with gas".

Okay, I just went through this discussion thread and moved a pile of off-topic posts related to EV's and such to this thread where you can continue your debate. Hopefully I didn't mess things up too bad. Let's get this discussion back to the topic of "Do You Cook With Gas?" Thanks.

You don't need to ban gas stoves just regulate them out of business .

U.S. Energy Department Wades Into the Gas Stove Debate

From the link .
The Energy Department proposal, published Wednesday, sets first-of-their-kind limits on energy consumption for the stoves, drawing fear from the industry that the regulation could effectively end the use of some products from the market. The proposal also sets energy usage standards for electric cook tops and new standards for both gas and electric ovens.
Andrew deLaski, executive director of the Appliance Standards Awareness Project, said the proposed regulation represents a standard that “today’s more efficient gas stove designs can meet.”
But groups representing the makers of ranges from companies like Whirlpool Corp. said they were alarmed by the proposal, which follows previous decisions by the Energy Department not to issue standards.

“This approach by DOE could effectively ban gas appliances,” said Jill Notini, a vice president with the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers, a Washington-based trade group. “We are concerned this approach could eliminate fully featured gas products.”
The trade group is still evaluating the rule, but “it appears” that 95% of the market would not meet the proposed levels, Notini said.

From the link .
The Energy Department proposal, published Wednesday, sets first-of-their-kind limits on energy consumption for the stoves, drawing fear from the industry that the regulation could effectively end the use of some products from the market. The proposal also sets energy usage standards for electric cook tops and new standards for both gas and electric ovens.
Andrew deLaski, executive director of the Appliance Standards Awareness Project, said the proposed regulation represents a standard that “today’s more efficient gas stove designs can meet.”
But groups representing the makers of ranges from companies like Whirlpool Corp. said they were alarmed by the proposal, which follows previous decisions by the Energy Department not to issue standards.

“This approach by DOE could effectively ban gas appliances,” said Jill Notini, a vice president with the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers, a Washington-based trade group. “We are concerned this approach could eliminate fully featured gas products.”
The trade group is still evaluating the rule, but “it appears” that 95% of the market would not meet the proposed levels, Notini said.
"the proposed regulation represents a standard that “today’s more efficient gas stove designs can meet.”. Energy Department

"the proposed regulation represents a standard that “today’s more efficient gas stove designs can meet.”. Energy Department
Gas Stove designs that are currently being used in production or designs on paper ? Because this is what was said .

Future . "My new gas stove takes an hour to get a pot of water to boil "

From the link .

Old non electronic stoves are cheap all over!

I got one and it had propane orifices screwed to the back of the stove still! I already have a few regulators. The oven pilot line needed a slight reworking but not much to make it work on a thermocouple with no power at all to the unit.

Better get yours while you can!

Back