Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do you cook with gas ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I guess part of this whole thing for me is just..... like. I get that things are inconvenient. And sometimes we might not be able to make the changes that should be made for various reasons. And I'm also not a fan of shaming people into submission. But I do feel like there should be more of a sense of urgency considering they don't believe the planet as it is now will last more than a few more decades.

I guess part of this whole thing for me is just..... like. I get that things are inconvenient. And sometimes we might not be able to make the changes that should be made for various reasons. And I'm also not a fan of shaming people into submission. But I do feel like there should be more of a sense of urgency considering they don't believe the planet as it is now will last more than a few more decades.
That is also not true .see my recycling video on what they want.
You can't recycle everything to where you have No trash

Even metal has impurities and has to be clean .the word Scum is that where they heat the metal so that the impurities are purged .

I don't like throwing anything that can be recycled in the trash. I seperate glass, aluminum and tin cans, and plastic. That's it. I'll seperate it all and that's my part saving the planet. They can pay me if they want me to do more.

Last edited:
Ventilation would be better then to ban

Allowing people to live the way they want and cook the way they want inside there own house and property without interference would be even better.

Rent a house and it's got gas and don't like gas, no problem, don't rent the place to start, or, buy a cheap electric frypan or oven and put it somewhere and use that. It's so simple.

Politics man, it's starting to get into people's personal and private lives. Its in your house now. Creeping into people's personal and private lives. Look at how pathetic it is. Debate over the method people use to cook inside there own private household. Lol.

Divide and conquer.

Last edited:
Allowing people to live the way they want and cook the way they want inside there own house and property without interference would be even better.

Rent a house and it's got gas and don't like gas, no problem, don't rent the place to start, or, buy a cheap electric frypan or oven and put it somewhere and use that. It's so simple.

Politics man, it's starting to get into people's personal and private lives. Its in your house now. Creeping into people's personal and private lives. Look at how pathetic it is. Debate over the method people use to cook inside there own private household. Lol.

Divide and conquer.
Can't yank out a gas stove easily and also in some places the options of renting aren't much.

Rent my house? That will be double what I pay in my mortgage .

Can't yank out a gas stove easily and also in some places the options of renting aren't much.

Rent my house? That will be double what I pay in my mortgage .

Rent your house will probably be double in mortgage because you got rates to pay and maintenance, and insurance while some random person lives in your house you hope they don't add damage on top, and your paying the monthly mortgage.

I mean rates, maintenance, insurance, that's a few thousand a year.

Rent your house will probably be double in mortgage because you got rates to pay and maintenance, and insurance while some random person lives in your house you hope they don't add damage on top, and your paying the monthly mortgage.

I mean rates, maintenance, insurance, that's a few thousand a year.
No.my mortgage would not change .my taxes would if I moved out and bought a second home .

My house would loose it's tax homestead exemption. I would have to use that for another house.i would include that in the rent

The government is concerned with the well-being of the citizens. Why should you be left alone? Do you really not want police, first responders, the courts, etc?

Perhaps you're drifting more towards totalitarianism in Italy but I don't see that happening in the US.

Dont see that happening in the US.

I remember back in the 70's watching the news about some terror incident somewhere, and many times the adults around would remark, oh it'll never happen here.

Now fast forward to today and we find ourselves looking back on terrorism which has happened on our soil. So, never say never.

The US Government does not hold any concern for it's citizens. That is how government started, that is how their rhetoric is spoken by them, but it is way past the point now. American citizens are under so much more bondage and oppression in the united states right now...that it makes the Hebrew bondage in Egypt seem like a good deal.

I suppose it takes the proverbial head in the sand to not see this nowadays.

Divide and conquer.
Of course the government "gets into people's personal and private lives". That is one of its functions. Is it permissible for a man to beat up his wife? Is it permissible for a man to lock his children in the cellar and feed them barely enough for them to survive? Just two examples, but of course there are many more.

Regarding cooking with gas -- the OP subject -- natural gas is a natural fuel and, although I don't know about how much of the resource there is, there is the problem of exhaust from the burning. We cook with gas, but always turn on the exhaust fan to remove the exhaust from the air we breathe.

If the government is considering reducing or eliminating cooking with gas there must be a valid reason.

Of course the government "gets into people's personal and private lives". That is one of its functions.

That most certainly is untrue. I reject that statement. I have not forgotton what it means to be an American.

We cook with gas, but always turn on the exhaust fan to remove the exhaust from the air we breathe.

The gas stove predates exhaust fans and nobody was dying because of the loose construction. If you live in a newer tighter house, pay attention to how many burners you are using. The more ovens and burners in operation, the more reason to crack a window.

You gotta watch this stuff in the wintertime. I've had a bunch of service calls about CO Detectors alarming and many times, I found the same situation: New house, Wintertime, Papa gets up and goes to work, Mama gets up and turns on the gas fireplace...and leaves it on all day. Mama's like, don't open the door it's cold out! Then the CO Detector goes off. SO she spends money calling a professional instead of opening a window a bit.

Open a window lady. Usually the bedroom doors upstairs have an airspace at the bottom of the door. So (usually) it is ok to open a window in that room and close the door. That way the gas fire that is using the oxygen will draw from underneath the door and only one room gets cold.

My recommended CO Detector that I recommend is (recently has been bought out by First Alert) is called a "NightHawk" CO Detector. (Best one on the market.)

That most certainly is untrue. I reject that statement. I have not forgotton what it means to be an American.
That most certainly is true, whether you reject it or not. You haven't forgotten what it means to be an American? Meaning what? You can do whatever you want without government involvement? Is it "American" to beat up your wife and/or assault your children and tell the police that it's none of their business?

No.my mortgage would not change .my taxes would if I moved out and bought a second home .

My house would loose it's tax homestead exemption. I would have to use that for another house.i would include that in the rent

We in a housing crisis and there is alot of homes that are empty because people who own multiple homes got picked on. The government said they have to be up to government standard that cost thousands, and to the wealthy who own many houses they don't need the income and they don't want to invest in it so they just leave the houses empty.

I mean all these right for renters now landlords just can't be bothered renting there houses its just a burden.

The wealthy who own many homes it's an investment, they capital gains, the rental income is not a problem they don't need it. They don't rent there houses. You don't pick on the rich.

Even someone with a mortgage renting a second house, they can't afford to put thousands into it if it needs and get it up to governemnt standard.

Last edited:
That most certainly is true, whether you reject it or not. You haven't forgotten what it means to be an American? Meaning what? You can do whatever you want without government involvement? Is it "American" to beat up your wife and/or assault your children and tell the police that it's none of their business?

Wow, who beat up their wife?
I never beat up my Wife. Married 26 years and not one domestic violence call, never had a DUI. I lit my sons pants on fire when they did wrong. Not all the time. Not literally on fire, I meant I gave them their share of spankings. (didn't seem to help much).

Those people who beat their Wives and other poor choices will be their own downfall. There is ways of them to deal appropriately for them people. But that is not who I am.

I believe the entire Police force(s) to be only a money making and control device for the people. They are not there to help you. The police have no legal duty to the individual citizen, only to the general populace. You talk as if there is no corruption on Police forces.

So no, the police would not be welcome to "check on the situation" or something like that. There has not been any disturbance calls. There will not be any disturbance calls, so I neither need or want any help with anything.

If I was to happen to have a fire and the fire dept showed up and helped me, I would let them help and be grateful. By Fireman are known to be life saving people who will help. I never heard of a Fireman stomping on soneone's rights, that's the police department so let's not get things mixed up. We are talking about the police.

We in a housing crisis and there is alot of homes that are empty because people who own multiple homes got picked on. The government said they have to be up to government standard that cost thousands, and to the wealthy who own many houses they don't need the income and they don't want to invest in it so they just leave the houses empty.

I heard that the US banks have more forclosed properties sitting vacant than the US has homeless people.

That's not how they did it in the OT!

Whats your save the planet social score today?. I was well behaved. I only drove a petroleum vehicle for like 10 mins, recycled a tin can, and I haven't used my gas cooker. But im not vaccinated so my travel may be limited.

Last edited:
Back